[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: If Crean Stayed, How Would Things Be Different?  (Read 14640 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: If Crean Stayed, How Would Things Be Different?
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2009, 10:47:00 PM »
Count me as not surprised the two Crean d-suckers want to believe a Houston, Tx kid in Erik Williams came to Marquette because we're beautiful and the only Jesuit non football school in the nation.   ::)

Since it obviously wasn't Crean it must be the school!

Very mature.....I guess a Los Angeles kid (myself) went to MU because of Tom Crean....22 years before he was hired.   I'm sure it had nothing to do with MU being in the Big East and a chance to play right away.  Nah.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: If Crean Stayed, How Would Things Be Different?
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2009, 10:50:17 PM »
I am already convinced that Buzz is a better coach than Crean. In todays game we were down 8 in the first half and after a timeout Buzz comes out with a zone press that turned the game around. We have seen him make adjustments in other games that also changed the game around. He completely changed our defensive philosphy to playing defense with our feet instead of our hands. We now ususally make more free throws than the other team shoots. He also completely revamped our offense. I like this motion offense much better than the detailed plays that Crean would run. All you have to do is watch Indiana play to see how it use to be here. Crean's Indiana team has already lost two home games after having 20 point leads. Buzz is flat out a better coach. Having said that we will take some serious lumps next year in the Big East, because of our lack of experience.

As Kevin O'Neill told me and Mike Deane as well, the coach with the better players is usually the better coach.   ;)   Kevin used to say, "give me Dean Smith's players and I'll be in the top 5 also".

Buzz has much better players right now then Crean does at IU.    I am enthusiastic that both schools will be at the top of their game in five years (IU resurrecting itself and MU continuing).