Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Depaul Discount  (Read 7416 times)

robmufan

• All American
Depaul Discount
« on: December 04, 2008, 11:41:13 AM »
So my aunt found something in the newspaper about getting BUY ONE GET ONE FREE to any regular season Deapul game.  You have to call (773) 325-SLAM and refernce the coupon SAVEHALF.

I just got 4 tickets in sec. 112 for a total of $84 ($40 each ticket, the two free, then $1 per ticket for proccessing).

I leave this for all of you to take full advantage of!!!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Depaul Discount
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 12:44:16 PM »
Great find, robmu.  I've posted a PSA on CS.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 11:57:52 AM »
I hate to bring this up again, but I want to make sure we take full advantage.  Cmon, they lost to NU, by A LOT!!!!  Lets pack this place!!!!!

chuck

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 11:00:16 AM »
Beware those sneaky folks at the DePaul ticket office! I called to inquire about the MU-DP game last week (after seeing this half-off post) and was asked flat-out: Are you an MU or DP fan? I didn't order tickets that day. Then this morning I went to DP's ticket office to buy tickets. I was immediately asked if I was a DP alum. Fearing I would be told that the "best available" tickets I could get with my half-off coupon were in the upper-deck corner if I were to say "MU," I of course made a comment that allied myself with DePaul.

Just want to warn others that if you want to take advantage of the half-off coupon, the friendly people at DePaul will throw you in a concrete-walled room and shine the spotlight up your nose! Be prepared!

Of course, I might have been asked this question for something as simple as "market research," but I didn't want to take the chance.

muboy262

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 12:11:59 PM »
I just got mine this AM.  $44 for 2 seats in sec. 116.  I called the office and asked for the half-off discount and the guy took my order, no questions.  Even when i gave my Wisconsin address.  I guess it depends who you talk to down there.  There's still great seats available.  Let's pack the "bc south" with gold.

yungmufan20

• Scholarship Player
  • The Three Amigos
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 12:26:34 PM »
yeah hopefully ill be able to go is it a saturday or a weekday. Probably can take off work ;)

muboy262

• Walk-On
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 12:57:30 PM »
It's a tuesday night, but not until 8pm, so that gives plenty of time to get off work and drive on down.

yungmufan20

• Scholarship Player
  • The Three Amigos
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 02:13:03 PM »
damn school i get off at 2:22 would that be enough time? driving? are there any groups going?

chuck

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 02:17:04 PM »
If you leave Milwaukee at 2:22 p.m., you'll be in Rosemont hours before tipoff. You'd get there by 4 p.m. at the latest, if not earlier, barring a snowstorm or jack-knifed semi. Plenty of time to eat at the nearby Steak & Shake, Krispy Kreme and other assorted Rosemont eateries.

muboy262

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 05:06:55 PM »
I thought i heard something about a bus going to take students from campus and you can order tickets through your fanatic account...i'm a little shady on the details.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 05:10:18 PM »
I thought i heard something about a bus going to take students from campus and you can order tickets through your fanatic account...i'm a little shady on the details.

Not sure if they're gone.  Here's the thread
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=10457.0

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 05:37:05 PM »
I'm surprised they asked who your fanhood was with...i didn't have any problems, though i called with an 847 area code.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 07:04:56 PM »
Not sure if they're gone.  Here's the thread
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=10457.0

about half the bus is still available!

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 09:51:17 AM »
just picked up section 112, 3 rows behind the MU bench for half price.  the guy said a handful were just returned.  did make some comments and questions trying to figure out who i was rooting for.  played it safe and said they are for my father who is a Depaul alum.  they really are, however he roots for marquette over depaul everytime and will be wearing the blue and gold.
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 09:14:40 AM »
Has anyone gotten tickets over the past couple days?  I've tried to call back multiple times, (both from my 414 office and my 708 cell) and have gotten no answer.  They also have not returned any of the voicemails i left about needing tickets. 

on ticket master it still has lower bowl tickets available, but i can't use the SAVEHALF coupon. 

maybe this is why the Allstate is always half empty... their ticket office won't answer the damn phone.
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 10:35:05 AM »
Maybe they're using caller ID and not answering calls from WI phones!

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 12:17:59 PM »
Has anyone gotten tickets over the past couple days?  I've tried to call back multiple times, (both from my 414 office and my 708 cell) and have gotten no answer.  They also have not returned any of the voicemails i left about needing tickets. 

on ticket master it still has lower bowl tickets available, but i can't use the SAVEHALF coupon. 

maybe this is why the Allstate is always half empty... their ticket office won't answer the damn phone.

Gimp one, I thought you said you got tickets already?

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 12:20:14 PM »
i got a set for my old man, but i've been trying to get some for myself and my friends now. 

also 708 is a south suburb of chicago area code. 

MUFinalFour

• Walk-On
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 12:45:28 PM »
Thanks for the tip with the 1/2 discount.  I got 2 (sec 112) on 12/9, from my 414 number and wisconsin address.  The guy asked me which side of the stadium I wanted to sit on, MU or DePaul.  He said they were just trying to keep each teams fans together.  Not sure why the are not answering the phone. 

Matt Z.

• Walk-On
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 03:55:13 PM »
I wanted to bump this thread to thank the person who posted the coupon and also to let people know that the deal is still going and good tix are still available.

I got my 2 tickets last week, Section 116 Row A, for $44 ($40 plus $4 processing fee), so there are definitely quality lowers still out there.

muboy262

• Walk-On
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 03:59:06 PM »
Hey Zuch,
It's Jeff.  You're in the same section as me.  Carey and I will be @ the game, we'll keep an eye out for you.  Is anyone else from frosh year coming to the game?

Matt Z.

• Walk-On
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 04:26:34 PM »
I know Vinnie was talking about coming to the game, and Cal's back in Milwaukee so he may able to come down now.

muboy262

• Walk-On
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 09:45:55 AM »
BUMP...
It's not too late to pack the Allstate with gold.

SWARM!

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 10:25:21 AM »
I tried calling a few times this morning and only get the general voicemail.  I wonder if they are done with the promotion for this game?  I will keep trying but was wondering if any other procrastinators tried getting tickets today.  Any luck?

SWARM!

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 10:45:04 AM »
Wow, just got off the phone with the ticket office and the guy asked me if I had the coupon in front of me.  I told him I wasn't aware there was a physical coupon, only the promotion code.  He said sorry but you have to have a coupon, which was sent out to Chicago area residents.  He then said there's a few "email scams" going around telling people who don't have the coupon to reference the SAVEHALF promotion.  I totally got homered calling from the 414 area code.  To top it off, he said there were "plenty of good seats available at the full ticket price." 

I'm calling a buddy in Chicago right now to see if he can get a different result.  What a D-bag.

feedback