Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Depaul Discount  (Read 7413 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Depaul Discount
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 10:51:56 AM »
Wow, just got off the phone with the ticket office and the guy asked me if I had the coupon in front of me.  I told him I wasn't aware there was a physical coupon, only the promotion code.  He said sorry but you have to have a coupon, which was sent out to Chicago area residents.  He then said there's a few "email scams" going around telling people who don't have the coupon to reference the SAVEHALF promotion.  I totally got homered calling from the 414 area code.  To top it off, he said there were "plenty of good seats available at the full ticket price." 

I'm calling a buddy in Chicago right now to see if he can get a different result.  What a D-bag.

The coupon is attached to the first post in this thread though.  From the looks of it there isn't a unique ID printed anywhere on it.  If they ask you what publication you got it from, just tell them that your mom/grandma/aunt/neighbor cut it out for you and that you have no idea.

SWARM!

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009, 10:55:25 AM »
Oops, I'm an idiot.  Thanks Skat.  I'm having a Chicago buddy call.  There should be 4 more Warrior fans crashing the party.

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2009, 10:59:06 AM »
Wow.  Give me a break.  Not only are they a joke on the court, but their business operation is just as bad.

Seriously, guys.  You're fans aren't buying them.  You were stupid enough to jack every ticket for tmrw. up to $40 each.  And then you offer a coupon to sell them for half price at the same time, completely defeating the purpose of selling the tix for $40 each. 

You're an 8-14 basketball team in the third largest city in the country.  You haven't drawn more than 9,800 for a game this year. One would think you'd do ANYTHING to get a$$e$ in the seats and make some money, especially in a bad economy, regardless of who they're rooting for. 

These guys make UWM look like an NBA team.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 11:01:54 AM by The General »
The General has taken on a new command.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2009, 11:08:42 AM »
I had a decent experience with them actually. I used the code, got 8 tickets, but they couldn't give me an exact location. I thought they were trying to homer me as well, so I emailed the ticket office director. He got back to me within 10 mins, and assured that my tickets would be in the section I agreed to.

Sounds like they're getting bombarded with MU fans, and one guy had enough!

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2009, 11:13:01 AM »
Ha, that probably sounds right. 

Either way, this guy just can't recind the deal.  The fine print says it's good for ANY home game, and it expires on 3/1.  Only requirements is that you give the coupon code and are allowed a max of 8 tickets.

And if anyone asks where you got it from, say you got it in one of those Val-Pak coupon mailers.  I got one at my parents' house in Chicago, and that's where it was packaged in with.
The General has taken on a new command.

Golden Shaka

• Walk-On
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2009, 11:34:13 AM »
Just to let anyone know who decided to wait till the day of the game like myself to get tickets, I had no problems getting 6 tickets in 105 for the price of three this morning on the phone.  The guy was extremely nice and didn't ask any questions about where I was coming from.  Hope to see a solid turnout at the game

feedback