[May 20, 2024, 11:10:42 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 20, 2024, 03:33:38 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[May 20, 2024, 05:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Davante Gardner Big East advanced stats.  (Read 7812 times)

BenCat12

• Team Captain
Re: Davante Gardner Big East advanced stats.
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2014, 03:34:51 PM »
Please read what I said again. I never said Buzz uses less the 5% of on court performance. I said all of on the court performance accounts for less than 5% of the available data about our players. Buzz has has literally months worth of practice hours to judge on. Not too mention all the off court data.

I'm not saying Buzz is a zen master or whatever it is you said. All I have said, all I have ever said, is that Buzz has 100% of the available data. We probably have about 7%. We can debate all we want, but Buzz will always know more than we do. I'm not even saying that Buzz has more basketball IQ than us (he does), I'm just saying he has access to more data than any of us do.
So basically nobody has a right to question anything Buzz does because he has all the information and we don't.  Than why should anyone ever post on a message board?  Strictly to blow sunshine about how great the program is?  I am guessing you would be defending Oliver Purnell if this was a DePaul board.  Despite his recruiting classes, his data, his strategy, all of his past accomplishments, the team is 17-14.  Whether you like it or not Buzz failed this season.

BlindboyPatSmith

• Starter
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2014, 04:33:27 PM »
Please read what I said again. I never said Buzz uses less the 5% of on court performance. I said all of on the court performance accounts for less than 5% of the available data about our players. Buzz has has literally months worth of practice hours to judge on. Not too mention all the off court data.

I'm not saying Buzz is a zen master or whatever it is you said. All I have said, all I have ever said, is that Buzz has 100% of the available data. We probably have about 7%. We can debate all we want, but Buzz will always know more than we do. I'm not even saying that Buzz has more basketball IQ than us (he does), I'm just saying he has access to more data than any of us do.
Seriously I could care less if someone is LIGHTS OUT IN PRACTICE....as you are inferring....and can't perform when the BRIGHT LIGHTS come on......well for me it's a 'no brainer' - but Buzz and his apologists apparently disagree

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2014, 09:21:34 AM »
So basically nobody has a right to question anything Buzz does because he has all the information and we don't.  Than why should anyone ever post on a message board?  Strictly to blow sunshine about how great the program is?  I am guessing you would be defending Oliver Purnell if this was a DePaul board.  Despite his recruiting classes, his data, his strategy, all of his past accomplishments, the team is 17-14.  Whether you like it or not Buzz failed this season.

Not what I said at all. I love debating points. I disagree with decisions Buzz makes all the time. I think Dawson should be getting at least 15 minute a game. I think Burton needs to be forgiven for his little mistakes and given 15-20 minutes a game. I don't think Juan should sniff the floor the rest of the season. But I have never devolved into Buzz is an idiot, Buzz has forgotten how to coach, what the hell is Buzz doing.

Is it "blowing sunshine" just because I refuse to insult our coach? I disagree with him all the time, but I still respect him.

I would have zero problems with anyone on this board if they tuned down the hyperbole and insults.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2014, 09:47:09 AM »
I am really going to miss Davante. He's such a unique player and personality. Great hands, great footwork, knows how to use his body to create space, great touch down low, and is money at the FT line. His twitter handle perfectly summarizes his game. Dude just gets buckets. Should be interesting to see how his playing career goes after he leaves MU. I hope he can find a niche at some professional level. With his frame he could make good money somewhere in the world for a while.

BenCat12

• Team Captain
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2014, 11:01:11 AM »
Not what I said at all. I love debating points. I disagree with decisions Buzz makes all the time. I think Dawson should be getting at least 15 minute a game. I think Burton needs to be forgiven for his little mistakes and given 15-20 minutes a game. I don't think Juan should sniff the floor the rest of the season. But I have never devolved into Buzz is an idiot, Buzz has forgotten how to coach, what the hell is Buzz doing.

Is it "blowing sunshine" just because I refuse to insult our coach? I disagree with him all the time, but I still respect him.

I would have zero problems with anyone on this board if they tuned down the hyperbole and insults.

How can you, "disagree with decisions Buzz makes all the time?"  He has more data than you.

You should really PM your address to me, nobody talks in circles more than you do, I'll send you a compass.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2014, 11:11:38 AM »
You should really PM your address to me, nobody talks in circles more than you do, I'll send you a compass.

Sorry, I love this GIF. Makes me smile every time  ;D
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 11:29:55 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

BenCat12

• Team Captain
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2014, 11:15:31 AM »

Sorry, I love this GIF. Makes me smile every time  ;D

Well, when the facts get in the way just use a personal insult or a funny GIF.  Got it!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2014, 11:25:46 AM »
How can you, "disagree with decisions Buzz makes all the time?"  He has more data than you.

Because based off the data I have (less than Buzz), many of his decisions don't make sense. So I disagree. However, I know that Buzz is no idiot, so I try to figure out the question, "why would he make this decision?" I don't always figure it out but by doing so, I can make an informed decision on whether or not I agree with his call.

For example, he starts Juan despite his deficiencies. This does not make sense to me. So why would Buzz do it. Well, in the past, Buzz has stated multiple times that starting positions are earned by the toughest players in practice. If Juan is that player, how can Buzz keep his credibility with his players, without significantly hurting his teams chances for victory? He can start Juan and then yank him. Play him only 5 minutes.

Now, I don't agree with this philosophy. I understand why it is done, but I think Juan starting hurts us too much. The ends do not justify the means. I think there are other ways Buzz can get this point across without hurting the team's on the court performance.

There is a difference between "I disagree with Buzz's decision" and "Buzz is an idiot." My only point, as it has ever been, is that Buzz is no idiot. He simply has a different philosophy than many on this board (as well as access to additional information).

"When I was I losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning, they called me eccentric."
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 11:29:27 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2014, 11:28:19 AM »
Well, when the facts get in the way just use a personal insult or a funny GIF.  Got it!

I was writing my response. You can see it in the post above.

When have I ever resorted to a personal insult? Please point it out, and I will apologize.

I use funny gifs because they make me smile. I enjoy smiling. Also because we are adults debating a game on the internet. It shouldn't ever be taken that seriously.
TAMU

BenCat12

• Team Captain
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2014, 11:39:21 AM »
I was writing my response. You can see it in the post above.

When have I ever resorted to a personal insult? Please point it out, and I will apologize.

I use funny gifs because they make me smile. I enjoy smiling. Also because we are adults debating a game on the internet. It shouldn't ever be taken that seriously.
The "funny GIF" could be viewed as an insult, but I have thicker skin than that. 
As far as your other post, I don't recall calling Buzz an "idiot."  I question many of the things he does as I believe he values running a boys home more than a D1 basketball team sometimes.  But overall I like the guy.  I like him much more as a person and a motivational speaker than I do an actual basketball coach, but I do like him and don't think he is an idiot.  I think he makes too many emotional decisions for a big time basketball coach.  I believe his relationships with players causes him to lose games he shouldn't.  Your example of Juan's minutes is a prime example of that.  The problem with some on this board is that we are not allowed to criticize Buzz under any circumstance.  It is annoying and exhausting.  Too many fly to Buzz's rescue without realizing there are problems with some of his decisions.  Worst of all they can't distinguish between criticizing and "hating" or "whining." 

feedback