[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: ONE MORE YEAR!  (Read 11939 times)

Sweenz

• Scholarship Player
ONE MORE YEAR!
« on: February 13, 2007, 04:51:10 PM »
This may chant may be more warranted today than when the students were urging Wade to stay one more year. I personally think he may be leaning towards staying, most players leave because they are in a level above the rest, currently James is playing a level below the competition.

I believe if James heats up though and leads this team to the Elite 8 with HIS scoring, that is he gone. Otherwise, I see his stock quite low right now. Don't see many teams risking a first round pick on a short guy who can't shoot. The thing is, in today's game, it's all about potential and some team may take a flier on him.

Chad Ford seems to agree.. for all those who are not ESPN insiders I posted his thoughts.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=ford_chad#20070212

I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up

• There was a lot of early-season hype surrounding Marquette point guard Dominic James. The point guard class was weak, he was shooting the ball well and, let's face it, Dwyane Wade's alma matter held a certain sexiness for some.

But lately James is fighting an atrocious shooting slump and the rest of his game has gone downhill with it. James is averaging a horrendous 6 ppg on 14 percent shooting from the field, 0-for-14 from three in the past three games. Even before that dead streak, his shot had cooled off considerably. And so has his draft stock. While scouts never had him ranked any higher than a mid-to-late first-round pick, his play of late has him on the first-round bubble. "He's not as good as Jameer Nelson," one scout said, "and after one good season, Jameer hasn't been great. I think he needs to stay in school."
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 05:00:05 PM by Sweenz »

ecompt

• All American
Re: ONE MORE YEAR!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 05:07:53 PM »
Right now, DJ isn't the player Cordell Henry was, and Cordell was not an NBA-type talent.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 05:14:14 PM »
right now, I don't think we have to worry about him leaving.  For his sake, he should stay.  He's small, not a solid jumpshot, only thing he has is intensity and his leaping ability....

however to all the people saying he isn't a team player, in the GT game... he was cheering on the sidelines when he was taking a blow in the second half, was good to see, leader type
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

ozmetal71

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 05:50:43 PM »
He is a team player, and I was impressed to see him cheering on the sidelines when he could've sulked.

But, he needs to be more of a leader and a better distributor of the ball.  When you are in a terrible slump, you need to either change how you play(like penetrate and attack the hoop instead of launching 30-foot shots), or just focus on dishing the ball and playing good defense.

What pissed me off at him during the GT game was the fact that he was hurting the team with his shot selection.  Slumps happen, but you need to find ways to help the team.

I like him, and he is a good player, but he is not NBA-caliber right now.  When you are his size, you need to be an extraordinary talent to make the NBA.  James right now is a good point guard who can take a game over at times, but is inconsistent and has a lot to learn.  I hope he stays because it is increasingly in his career interests and it will likely ensure that Marquette is a national title contender next year.

bartmiller#1

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 06:05:36 PM »
I liked Cordell a lot-- and no offense to Cordell-- but DJ is worlds better than Cordell was as a sophomore. 

I agree that DJ should stay in school. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 09:00:43 PM »
I've become acquaintences with a few guys from Draft Express the last two weeks as I met them down in Dallas at the NHL All-Star game and will see them again this weekend at the NBA All-Star game in Vegas.  Both of them, at the time, think he's coming out.  They said this again to me over the weekend despite his poor performance of late.

The irony, they believe his best bet would be to come out now or wait TWO YEARS.  Next year's PG class is loaded, this year's is very weak which is why they think he comes out now.

If he does come out, I wonder if he will sign with an agent or wait to see where he is drafted to allow him to regain his eligibility.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 09:13:16 PM »
I am no longer 100% convinced that we'd be a better team if he did come back.

4everwarriors

• All American
If DJ Comes Out...
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 09:14:29 PM »
now, he'd be wise not to sign with an agent. Signing virtually guarantees his next stop is the NDBL.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 09:42:04 PM »

But, he needs to be more of a leader and a better distributor of the ball.  When you are in a terrible slump, you need to either change how you play(like penetrate and attack the hoop instead of launching 30-foot shots), or just focus on dishing the ball and playing good defense.

You mean like the Rutgers game where he had 7 assists and 0 turnovers?  He took some shots in that game and when they weren't falling, he stopped shooting and played like a true point guard.  Thing is that when McNeal got in foul trouble and Matthews was yacking his brains out, James was forced into trying to pick up the burden.  Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 11:21:00 PM »

You mean like the Rutgers game where he had 7 assists and 0 turnovers?  He took some shots in that game and when they weren't falling, he stopped shooting and played like a true point guard.  Thing is that when McNeal got in foul trouble and Matthews was yacking his brains out, James was forced into trying to pick up the burden.  Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be.

I am tired of hearing this ONE GAME'S stats. In order for DJ to land a spot in the next level as a PG, he has to put up PG numbers nightly and play like a PG...heck even a decent SG.

Someone should forward him the article and make him think about what it takes for a player to get to the next level.
SS Marquette

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 08:10:19 AM »

Hear Hear...DJ's a fantastic talent but I would take our chances with a Junior year Wes, a Junior year Jerel and senior year Fitz & Oouze along with Mo Acker running the show.

Sometimes less is more.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MarquetteVol

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 09:14:15 AM »

Hear Hear...DJ's a fantastic talent but I would take our chances with a Junior year Wes, a Junior year Jerel and senior year Fitz & Oouze along with Mo Acker running the show.

Sometimes less is more.

You guys are totally nuts.

ozmetal71

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 09:17:05 AM »
McNeal means more to the team than James does at this point.

James has been spectacular in some games, but McNeal brings it every night, even though he has had some dumb moments himself(see three fouls in eight minutes in the first half against GT).

James is not an irreplaceable talent like Wade.  Acker is a proved good point guard at the D-1 level and we will be fine with him running the show.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 09:19:28 AM »

Sometimes less is more.

You guys are totally nuts.

why are we nuts, we have more slashing ability with mathews and mcneal than most teams.  we need more shooting.  Watch our team when james is out, i think they are just as good and with another year of experience and getting use to playing without him...

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 09:40:45 AM »
notre dame fans claim that dj is unhappy at marquette and that its common knowledge.  i wasnt aware of this....

http://ndnation.com/boards/showpost.php?b=thepit;pid=57747;d=this

MarquetteVol

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 09:55:51 AM »

why are we nuts, we have more slashing ability with mathews and mcneal than most teams.  we need more shooting.  Watch our team when james is out, i think they are just as good and with another year of experience and getting use to playing without him...
[/quote]

So, you're saying that you prefer that DJ leaves, because we'll be a better team next year? Your logic is not good. He's in a slump....that's obvious. But, I'd certainly rather have him than not. I'm sure we'll be fine next year either way - in fact, we'll be very good either way. I do think, however, our chances to go very, very far in the tourney would increase significantly if DJ was our starting point guard compared to Mo Acker. I like Acker, but I wouldn't just expect that he'll just step in and be a world beater right away. He's played one year of ball in a mid-major conference. Next year, DJ would have two years of experience under his belt as a starting point guard in the Big East.

Also, this BS about DJ not being happy and already packing his bags, etc. is total nonsense. Go ahead and believe a few Domers if you want, but the kid has never done or said anything to indicate any displeasure in his experience at Marquette. For some reason, we're very critical of DJ, but the bottom line is that he's helped us win a lot of games over the past two years. He's a young player with some inconsistency problems. But, he's also an extraordinary talent and seems like a nice guy with a good head on his shoulders. Do you think we could give our own damn player the benefit of the doubt once in awhile?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 10:03:40 AM »
I disagree totally.  Any team with DJ on it is going to be a good team.  Next year I would LOVE to have him back next year.  Acker might be a better shooter, but he will be posted him quite a bit on the defensive end due to his size.

DJ is small, but his speed and hops allow him to play bigger than he is.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 10:05:24 AM »
notre dame fans claim that dj is unhappy at marquette and that its common knowledge.  i wasnt aware of this....

One guy says  "I don't think he's happy at MU"

Sorry if I don't buy that as authoritative.  Everything else I've heard screams 100% opposite of that statement.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 10:08:27 AM »

I am tired of hearing this ONE GAME'S stats. In order for DJ to land a spot in the next level as a PG, he has to put up PG numbers nightly and play like a PG...heck even a decent SG.

You are kidding about the one game stat comment right?  You have to be.  I only mention the Rutgers game because I thought it was funny that the some of the posters around here are so short sighted.  I mean the Rutgers game was the game before the Georgetown game and to read a comment like

"When you are in a terrible slump, you need to either change how you play(like penetrate and attack the hoop instead of launching 30-foot shots), or just focus on dishing the ball and playing good defense."  

was laughable when that is exactly what James did 2 games ago.

Now back to the one game stat comment.  Please.  

USF 16pts 6assists 3 turnovers.  Solid.  
Seton Hall 11pts 4assists 1 turnover.  He didn't force it and played under control.  
Pitt 23pts, 5 assists and no turnovers, plus huge free throws down the stretch.  Louisville 18pts, 5assists and 4 turnovers.  Turnovers hurt but hit some clutch shots.  West Virginia 21pts, 6assists, 4 turnovers and 5 boards.  Very solid.  

Throw in scoring the final 18 points against Valpo when everyone else was non-existent, 2 time player of the week, a Bob Cousy finalist, Wooden Award mid-season All-American, 6 time freshmen of the week and freshmen of the year in the Big East.  

I know Chad Ford is saying that James is having a bad year(he is based on expectations and there is no denying it), but he still a first round bubble pick.  He has fallen about 10-15 spots on the draft board at most.  Not bad considering how MU would be better without him.  :-\   The fact of the matter is he is in a bad slump yet still except for the Georgetown game has found ways to help the team.   I am disappointed but he is a major part of a top 15 team that has a lot of weaknesses like not being able to consistently hit outside shots and suppossedly doesn't have any real studs down low except for maybe Barro but that has been debated about ad nausem as well.  Considering all those weaknesses its a wonder we have won 21 games and are 8-3 in conference.   ::)  

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2007, 10:16:07 AM »

One guy says  "I don't think he's happy at MU"

Sorry if I don't buy that as authoritative.  Everything else I've heard screams 100% opposite of that statement.

Yea, here is a quote from Dom on Rosiak's blog that speaks of admiration not unhappiness.

"That's one of the things I admire about coach - it's not all about basketball with him," said James. "It's about life and taking in those life experiences. Visiting the White House and taking the tours is something that me and my teammates are going to remember for the rest of our lives."

Warrior1996

• Walk-On
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2007, 10:39:51 AM »
I thought everybody, including Crean, was working under the assumption they he would be gone after this year. I might be mistaken.  What impact does this have on scholarships if he stays? Does Crean have a scholarship to give up?

mugrad99

• Team Captain
Whoever thinks we will be better with Acker instead of James...
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2007, 11:26:16 AM »
needs to have their head examined.  I would argue despite James' shooting slump, he is still a better shooter and scorer than Acker, he is bigger, stronger, and less turnover prone.

Acker averaged around 3TO's a game, while shooting around 33% (under 30 from 3) for a bad MAC team.

Personally, If James leaves, I think Cubillan (if he stays) could start at PG.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Whoever thinks we will be better with Acker instead of James...
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007, 11:34:49 AM »
needs to have their head examined.  I would argue despite James' shooting slump, he is still a better shooter and scorer than Acker, he is bigger, stronger, and less turnover prone.

Acker averaged around 3TO's a game, while shooting around 33% (under 30 from 3) for a bad MAC team.

Personally, If James leaves, I think Cubillan (if he stays) could start at PG.

WHy would cooby leave?

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007, 12:28:58 PM »

This wins the most ridiculous post of the day award.  Congrats.

I'm not going to go through point by point and waste my time on this, but simply show me who on the team could carry the team like James has during a few games this year.  I'll start with scoring 17 straight in the Valp game comes to mind.

A potential All American is going through a 3 game shooting slump and you think the team would be better off without him next year?  Cmon.

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2007, 01:09:56 PM »
Totally agree.  People seem to be reacting to his inconsistency more than his ability, and quickly forget how good he really is.  I think McNeal has been the best player on the team this year, but James has the highest ceiling.  We're absolutely better with him.

ToddPacker

• Starter
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 01:10:33 PM »
Everyone loves the backup quarterback ::)

Sweenz

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2007, 05:07:02 PM »
Everyone loves the back up qb, until he fumbles the snap for the field goal...

I think James will answer many of the doubters and put on a show tonight... I am looking forward to it, should be a good crowd, just have to take the BLUE line all the way out there.

Lets hope Depaul does Deblow... and not play like they did vs Kansas, but instead Northwestern.

The only thing missing is a nice bowl of REAL Real Chili before the game. Anyone have any decent chili suggestions in Chicago? No homemade recipes, I need it now!

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2007, 05:54:34 PM »

You are kidding about the one game stat comment right?  You have to be.  I only mention the Rutgers game because I thought it was funny that the some of the posters around here are so short sighted.  I mean the Rutgers game was the game before the Georgetown game and to read a comment like

"When you are in a terrible slump, you need to either change how you play(like penetrate and attack the hoop instead of launching 30-foot shots), or just focus on dishing the ball and playing good defense."  

Seton Hall 11pts 4assists 1 turnover.  He didn't force it and played under control.  
Pitt 23pts, 5 assists and no turnovers, plus huge free throws down the stretch.  Louisville 18pts, 5assists and 4 turnovers.  Turnovers hurt but hit some clutch shots.  West Virginia 21pts, 6assists, 4 turnovers and 5 boards.  Very solid.  

Throw in scoring the final 18 points against Valpo when everyone else was non-existent, 2 time player of the week, a Bob Cousy finalist, Wooden Award mid-season All-American, 6 time freshmen of the week and freshmen of the year in the Big East.  

I know Chad Ford is saying that James is having a bad year(he is based on expectations and there is no denying it), but he still a first round bubble pick.  He has fallen about 10-15 spots on the draft board at most.  Not bad considering how MU would be better without him.  :-\   The fact of the matter is he is in a bad slump yet still except for the Georgetown game has found ways to help the team.   I am disappointed but he is a major part of a top 15 team that has a lot of weaknesses like not being able to consistently hit outside shots and suppossedly doesn't have any real studs down low except for maybe Barro but that has been debated about ad nausem as well.  Considering all those weaknesses its a wonder we have won 21 games and are 8-3 in conference.   ::)  

I appreciate those stats.

But what if I threw these out to you:

Nebraska - 32 pts, 7 ast, 3 reb, 1 TO in a win
Wisconsin - 25 pts, 5 ast, 2 reb, 2 TO in a win
DePaul - 15 pts, 9 ast, 4 reb, 4 TO in a loss
Air Force - 34 pts, 5 ast, 4 reb, 3 TO in a win

Those were Diener's number in a season when he had a shooter (Novak) as well as Mason, and MU struggled. No way was that team as "talented" but Diener's numbers holds up to DJ's. He's a better shooter, decision-maker, and gets his teammates involved. Yes, these was during Diener's junior year. I won't use his sophomore stats because of Wade.

Was Diener a first round pick? Nope. So I don't think DJ is just based solely on his athletic ability. His inability to hit the outside shot HURTS his draft chances especially since he's undersized (Diener "towers" over him by 2"). Yeah, I've heard of Muggsy, but that's the best chance scenario for DJ in the NBA unless he develops a consistent jay.
SS Marquette

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2007, 06:01:36 PM »
77Champs, all good points.  Of course the draft is different every year based on who comes out.

Wade was a #5 pick in one draft but a year later the kid from Wisconsin went #5...no way he goes #5 if he was in Wade's draft.  All depends on who is coming out, how strong that position is, etc. 

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2007, 06:08:01 PM »
77Champs, all good points.  Of course the draft is different every year based on who comes out.

Wade was a #5 pick in one draft but a year later the kid from Wisconsin went #5...no way he goes #5 if he was in Wade's draft.  All depends on who is coming out, how strong that position is, etc. 

Chico, well said. But as was once stated, if not now, than 2 years. I would rather pick Mike Conley, Jr. over DJ. It may be a thin PG stock, but I don't see DJ going as early as the late second. To me, even that is too early for an undersized PG who doesn't have an outside jay.
SS Marquette

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2007, 06:15:38 PM »
It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.  Most of the draft boards I've seen still have him in the first round, but they are largely based on reputation and not always up to date with the latest goings on.

mu0804

• Walk-On
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2007, 06:23:29 PM »
it's been said before but why not keep on saying it.  when dj is good, he's real good and a joy to watch.  when he struggles, it's not a pretty picture.  jumping to the league next year isn't the answer to that problem.  i think he could have a great pro career but if he leaves after this year, if anything, he'll get lost somewhere at the end of the bench and rarely see the court.  how's that going to help him when he could be out leading marquette to a deep run again next year.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2007, 07:12:27 PM »
I think the majority of us here believe that DJ would be better served to stay in school for another year although some question if MU would be better served if DJ stayed(still don't get that).  however there are a lot of factors involved in that decision with money playing a huge role.  The 30th player drafted in the 2005-2006 draft was guaranteed a first year salary of $717.8k and a second year of $771.7k with a club option of a third year $825.5k.  Up until now, DJ has been projected by NBA scouts as a first round pick so it really doesn't matter if we think DJ is ready or not.  Its the NBA scouts.  The NBA draft is all about potential and DJ has shown enough potential to be projected as a first round pick.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2007, 07:20:06 PM »

I appreciate those stats.

But what if I threw these out to you:

Nebraska - 32 pts, 7 ast, 3 reb, 1 TO in a win
Wisconsin - 25 pts, 5 ast, 2 reb, 2 TO in a win
DePaul - 15 pts, 9 ast, 4 reb, 4 TO in a loss
Air Force - 34 pts, 5 ast, 4 reb, 3 TO in a win

Those were Diener's number in a season when he had a shooter (Novak) as well as Mason, and MU struggled. No way was that team as "talented" but Diener's numbers holds up to DJ's. He's a better shooter, decision-maker, and gets his teammates involved. Yes, these was during Diener's junior year. I won't use his sophomore stats because of Wade.

Was Diener a first round pick? Nope. So I don't think DJ is just based solely on his athletic ability. His inability to hit the outside shot HURTS his draft chances especially since he's undersized (Diener "towers" over him by 2"). Yeah, I've heard of Muggsy, but that's the best chance scenario for DJ in the NBA unless he develops a consistent jay.

You can't compare DJ to Diener.  The NBA draft is all about potential and ceilings.  Diener had a low ceiling and what you see was basically what you were going to get.  DJ has shown flashes of being a very good player and has a very high ceiling, he just isn't consistent at this point in time and might never be but NBA teams will take that chance. 

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2007, 07:43:41 PM »
I think the majority of us here believe that DJ would be better served to stay in school for another year although some question if MU would be better served if DJ stayed(still don't get that).  however there are a lot of factors involved in that decision with money playing a huge role.  The 30th player drafted in the 2005-2006 draft was guaranteed a first year salary of $717.8k and a second year of $771.7k with a club option of a third year $825.5k.  Up until now, DJ has been projected by NBA scouts as a first round pick so it really doesn't matter if we think DJ is ready or not.  Its the NBA scouts.  The NBA draft is all about potential and DJ has shown enough potential to be projected as a first round pick.

Really good post.  It's a real tough call for DJ to try and guess whether or not a year more at MU will be financially worthwhile, because he's probably passing up one year of unrestricted NBA income (assuming he doesn't crap out within his first 3).  I think that would be too much for most people not already making something north of six figures to pass up. 

I think it's pretty useless to prognosticate about it now, because MU hasn't even finished BE play yet, and the scout's perceptions can get swayed by a run in the big dance.  *cough* Channing Frye *cough*.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2007, 08:13:23 PM »
All this talk about DJ--really the player that has disappointed me the most has been Wes!  He has not shown up for a big game YET.  I know he was sick for the GTown game, but tonight, not so great either.  When is he going to come through in a game where we NEED him??

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2007, 08:57:54 PM »
James definitely needs to work on his shooting but some of those passes in traffic are incredible.

zener_diode

• Walk-On
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2007, 09:56:41 PM »
At this point, I hope he does leave.  Addition by subtraction.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2007, 09:59:55 PM »
I really wish there was a way to get these DBAGS that are huge fairweather fans and don't know jack crap about the team banned from posting!! for the love of God, do you people even realize what is coming out of your mouths!?!?!?

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2007, 10:02:49 PM »

uh, no. sorry.

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2007, 10:06:26 PM »

Gotta disagree, I can't see an MU starting five with Cube being better than one with DJ.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2007, 10:09:35 PM »
I think he would make a huge mistake by leaving, but I think he's already made up his mind.

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2007, 10:10:57 PM »
what about our transfer from ball state?
he's a true pg, from all indications.

don't get me wrong... I'm a HUGE DJ fan.
but he plays better when he's the PG!  and the other things come to him... D thinks he's gonna pass, and he's got a good look.

go back way early in the season.. I was concerned about other guys running the O while DJ played off guard.
we did not play well then either.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2007, 10:19:16 PM »
you are referring to Reese Acker...

he played hs ball w/ Jerel and he is a very solid true point guard. If we had one more scholarship open that year, he would have been the one to fill it. His shooting has been marginal, but he has been working on it and has improved quite a bit from what I have heard. all in all, a solid true PG

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2007, 02:10:53 AM »

uh, no. sorry.

Uh yes. We need someone who can set up the shot and take the shot...and hit it.

It seems to me that when DJ touches the ball, everyone stands around. Why? They know they're not going to get it anymore.
SS Marquette

feedback