collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2020-21  (Read 188087 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2020-21
« Reply #2400 on: July 19, 2021, 07:36:38 PM »
Bucks in 6, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2401 on: July 19, 2021, 07:48:25 PM »
Crowder going off for a 30-20-10

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #2402 on: July 19, 2021, 08:14:49 PM »
It's [moving screen] called much more in college, but it's also arbitrarily called at that level, so I guess I prefer that the NBA never calls 'em if given a choice between the two.
Chris Grimm says hi.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2403 on: July 19, 2021, 08:16:19 PM »
All it takes is 3 consecutive strong recruiting classes to stock the roster properly
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2404 on: July 19, 2021, 09:27:30 PM »
Bucks in 6, aina?

Just like you predicted before the playoffs — great performances by Giannis’ supporting cast over and over and over again would lead to an NBA championship!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2405 on: July 19, 2021, 09:33:38 PM »
            ---Al McGuire

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2406 on: July 19, 2021, 09:43:26 PM »
There will be 65K outside of the arena?  This should be commonplace for Marquette games.  We simply must get back to greatness. 

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #2407 on: July 19, 2021, 10:28:18 PM »
There will be 65K outside of the arena?  This should be commonplace for Marquette games.  We simply must get back to greatness.

I know they were turning people away from the "official" Deer District once they hit 25K for game 5.  IDK how they could more than double that in 3 days, so 65K would be extremely optimistic, even for a Bucks Championship clinching game.  I don't think they can stop people from being just outside the Deer district, but how much room, and whether or not alcohol is permitted there will limit people significantly. 

As for MU games, I think you're bat sh!it crazy to expect that, appreciate the enthusiasm though.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 10:37:27 PM by Its DJOver »
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2408 on: July 19, 2021, 10:33:07 PM »
I know they were turning people away from the "official" Deer District once they hit 25K for game 5.  IDK how they could more than double that in 3 games, so 65K would be extremely optimistic, even for a Bucks Championship clinching game.  I don't think they can stop people from being just outside the Deer district, but how much room, and whether or not alcohol is permitted there will limit people significantly. 

As for MU games, I think you're bat sh!it crazy to expect that, appreciate the enthusiasm though.

I don't "expect that" but we first must get back to relevance.  Once we reestablish a bona fide tier one program with the ability to inflict damage in the tournament?  It's quite possible to mobilize the city a la Villanova imo.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2409 on: July 19, 2021, 10:33:21 PM »
Kareem called it

He also called them losing to the Nets. BJ3 is the prophet here.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #2410 on: July 19, 2021, 10:39:47 PM »
I don't "expect that" but we first must get back to relevance.  Once we reestablish a bona fide tier one program with the ability to inflict damage in the tournament?  It's quite possible to mobilize the city a la Villanova imo.

Again, I don't see that happening anytime in the near future, but still appreciate the enthusiasm.

Edit:  NBA also benefits by actually going into the summer months, even in a non-Covid year.  It is against the rules for MU to play a post-season game at the Forum, so at best, you'd be asking for a significant portion people (on top of the 17+k capacity of the forum) to stand outside, to watch a college basketball game, in Wisconsin, in February.  I'm sorry, but that has never happened, and never will happen, to expect anything close to that, is setting yourself up for disappointment.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 11:13:51 PM by Its DJOver »
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2411 on: July 19, 2021, 11:18:04 PM »
Again, I don't see that happening anytime in the near future, but still appreciate the enthusiasm.

Edit:  NBA also benefits by actually going into the summer months, even in a non-Covid year.  It is against the rules for MU to play a post-season game at the Forum, so at best, you'd be asking for a significant portion people (on top of the 17+k capacity of the forum) to stand outside, to watch a college basketball game, in Wisconsin, in February.  I'm sorry, but that has never happened, and never will happen, to expect anything close to that, is setting yourself up for disappointment.

That's a fair point...but whatever happened to winter jackets?  Aren't there this many people at Green Bay games?  Anyway, I suppose it's unlikely but I believe MU hoops should be marketed better.  The goals should always be high and even lofty.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #2412 on: July 19, 2021, 11:33:32 PM »
That's a fair point...but whatever happened to winter jackets?  Aren't there this many people at Green Bay games?  Anyway, I suppose it's unlikely but I believe MU hoops should be marketed better.  The goals should always be high and even lofty.

IMO comparing MUBB to Packers Football is again setting yourself up for disappointment.  I also think you underestimate the number of bars in Milwaukee.  If I weren't a STH, and I had the choice of watching a MU game in the Deer District, or at a bar two blocks away, I wouldn't think twice about going to a bar.

A college sports team is almost never going to be able to compete with the local pro team.  Nova isn't exactly in Philadelphia.  Durham doesn't have a professional sports team.  Neither does Chapel Hill, Bloomington, Lexington, Lawrence, Louisville, etc.  In today's day and age, MU is never going to be the no. 1 sport in the city.  That's not a slight at the potential of the bball program, that's just a fact. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2413 on: July 19, 2021, 11:36:54 PM »
IMO comparing MUBB to Packers Football is again setting yourself up for disappointment.  I also think you underestimate the number of bars in Milwaukee.  If I weren't a STH, and I had the choice of watching a MU game in the Deer District, or at a bar two blocks away, I wouldn't think twice about going to a bar.

A college sports team is almost never going to be able to compete with the local pro team.  Nova isn't exactly in Philadelphia.  Durham doesn't have a professional sports team.  Neither does Chapel Hill, Bloomington, Lexington, Lawrence, Louisville, etc.  In today's day and age, MU is never going to be the no. 1 sport in the city.  That's not a slight at the potential of the bball program, that's just a fact.

Okay.  I may have gotten carried away and respect your opinion.  I'm just hoping we can get back on track and think the Bucks' popularity could lead to more MU fans in the city.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #2414 on: July 19, 2021, 11:39:30 PM »
Okay.  I may have gotten carried away and respect your opinion.  I'm just hoping we can get back on track and think the Bucks' popularity could lead to more MU fans in the city.

I agree with that, I just think the ceiling of MUBB is consistently selling out the Forum.  Which would be no small feat BTW, about 350 D1 teams would kill for the opportunity to do that.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2415 on: July 19, 2021, 11:43:21 PM »
I agree with that, I just think the ceiling of MUBB is consistently selling out the Forum.  Which would be no small feat BTW, about 350 D1 teams would kill for the opportunity to do that.

Yes.  That should certainly be an immediate goal under the Shaka regime.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2416 on: July 20, 2021, 12:11:40 AM »

Its not even a slight to MU, there arent thousands of people in the Deer District for a first round Bucks playoff game, much less a regular season game.  I went down there for one of the games against Toronto in 2019 and they had a big screen and a decent amount of people outside the bars, but nothing like this.  Even if Marquette was still playing when it was nice out, its ludicrous to expect any sort of crowd in an outdoor venue watching the game, save for E8 games and beyond really.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2417 on: July 20, 2021, 03:53:59 AM »

Nads kalls dis a super spreader event. Dude lives in 2020, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #2418 on: July 20, 2021, 05:40:05 AM »
I know they were turning people away from the "official" Deer District once they hit 25K for game 5.  IDK how they could more than double that in 3 days, so 65K would be extremely optimistic, even for a Bucks Championship clinching game.  I don't think they can stop people from being just outside the Deer district, but how much room, and whether or not alcohol is permitted there will limit people significantly. 

They are temporarily expanding out the Deer District an additional 5 acres and adding more TVs. I strongly considered driving up for the game but didn’t work out with work and family.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2419 on: July 20, 2021, 09:47:24 AM »
God the wait for this game is gonna kill me.

I'm just VERY uncomfortable with the narrative around this one. My WI sports disaster radar is going bonkers.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2420 on: July 20, 2021, 10:35:48 AM »

Nads kalls dis a super spreader event.

Did I, Doc Dribble? Please provide a link.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

NWarsh

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2421 on: July 20, 2021, 11:30:14 AM »

I'm just VERY uncomfortable with the narrative around this one. My WI sports disaster radar is going bonkers.

+1 million

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2422 on: July 20, 2021, 11:39:43 AM »
I am predicting a Secretariat at Belmont type victory for the Bucks. Win by 31 pulling away at the end.
            ---Al McGuire

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #2423 on: July 20, 2021, 12:02:25 PM »

Every Bucks fan today summed up

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #2424 on: July 20, 2021, 12:25:05 PM »