collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2020-21  (Read 188124 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2020-21
« Reply #1250 on: June 15, 2021, 09:45:25 PM »
Bitch when they double off Green. Bitch when they don’t. Hard to take you seriously.

They just allowed Durant to catch the ball 15 feet from the rim and go one on one vs Middleton on an island.  WTF FBM?  The guy is like 15-20?  Yes, Green has killed them but no one else has hit jack squat. 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 09:50:55 PM by MuggsyB »

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1251 on: June 15, 2021, 09:48:13 PM »
They just allowed Duraht to catch the ball 15 feet from the rim and go one on one vs Middleton on an island.  WTF FBM?  The guy is like 15-20?  Yes, Green has killed them but no one else has hit jack squat.

But you literally were complaining strictly about Green getting open 3s and you blamed it all on Bud. You cannot have it every way you want.

The coaching to allow Durant to absolutely shred them on pick and rolls was horrendous. Not many people will argue that.

But you are calling every defensive option on Durant bad and Buds fault. Doesn't work that way.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1252 on: June 15, 2021, 09:49:01 PM »
Great players beat you sometimes. The Bucks need to answer when they’re on offense.

But every possession, whichever Buck has the ball at halfcourt goes 1-on-1. Holiday has been especially terrible, with several possessions reminiscent of the worst of Markus - dribble the clock down and then force a bad shot, with no teammate ever touching the basketball.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1253 on: June 15, 2021, 09:51:41 PM »
But you literally were complaining strictly about Green getting open 3s and you blamed it all on Bud. You cannot have it every way you want.

The coaching to allow Durant to absolutely shred them on pick and rolls was horrendous. Not many people will argue that.

But you are calling every defensive option on Durant bad and Buds fault. Doesn't work that way.

Yep. Complaining about everything is exhausting.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1254 on: June 15, 2021, 09:52:28 PM »

Both Green's threes and Durant isoing are Budenholzer's fault.  Have you looked at the stats of the other Nets players?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1255 on: June 15, 2021, 09:53:34 PM »
Sorry, but the last Buck possession suck. Giannis has a hampered Hardennon the block and settles for a 15-foot fadeaway.

The Nets will take that 100 times out of 100.

• All American
« Reply #1256 on: June 15, 2021, 09:53:48 PM »
My complaints are more on the offensive end right now.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1257 on: June 15, 2021, 09:54:08 PM »
Both Green's threes and Durant isoing are Budenholzer's fault.  Have you looked at the stats of the other Nets players?

So double team Durant and Green?

Have the other 3 Nets play 3 on 1?

• All American
« Reply #1258 on: June 15, 2021, 09:54:35 PM »

Lol. I guess I’ll just have to ignore you in these threads.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1259 on: June 15, 2021, 09:56:53 PM »
So double team Durant and Green?

Have the other 3 Nets play 3 on 1?

You get the ball out of Durant's hands.  Period.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1260 on: June 15, 2021, 09:57:00 PM »
My one question is one that many are probably wondering.

Why has Giannis a supposed DPOY not guarded Durant at all?

Unless Bud has flat out told him no. This falls on both coach and player imo.

• All American
« Reply #1261 on: June 15, 2021, 09:57:06 PM »
I really don’t know what you can do when he is hitting those shots. They are spreading the floor and the double teams have to come from far away. Middleton’s defense wasn’t bad there either.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1262 on: June 15, 2021, 09:58:13 PM »
Dammit.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1263 on: June 15, 2021, 09:59:41 PM »
You get the ball out of Durant's hands.  Period.

"Terrible job by the Bucks.  Inexcusable they allowed the Nets back in the game.  This guy is shooting practice triples and is in rhythm.  Poor attention to detail by Budenholzer."

That's you complaining about the ball leaving Durants hands.

This is some like multiple personality type stuff you got going on here.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1264 on: June 15, 2021, 10:00:07 PM »
I really don’t know what you can do when he is hitting those shots. They are spreading the floor and the double teams have to come from far away. Middleton’s defense wasn’t bad there either.

The Bucks had no business losing this game FBM.  We may disagree on particulars but I'm pretty sure you agree with this being a debacle.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1265 on: June 15, 2021, 10:04:38 PM »
If the Bucks lose game 6, Bud will be fired.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1266 on: June 15, 2021, 10:05:09 PM »
If the Bucks lose game 6, Bud will be fired.

Not sure Bud is back if they win game 6. No adjustments down the stretch, just banking on regression.

• All American
« Reply #1267 on: June 15, 2021, 10:05:15 PM »
My complaints are more the panic on the offensive end after running good offense all night. They respond by running isolations which hasn’t worked all series.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1268 on: June 15, 2021, 10:07:47 PM »
My complaints are more the panic on the offensive end after running good offense all night. They respond by running isolations which hasn’t worked all series.

You’re right. It’s the same thing that has happened for 3 years in a row now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1269 on: June 15, 2021, 10:09:05 PM »
My complaint is you have two First Team All Defensive players and neither of them spent a single possession on the best player in the world who was going for a 49 point triple double.

Jrue should’ve spent the first two minutes on Harden and when you realized Harden was a statue he shouldn’t have spent a single possession guarding him. Instead Bud kept him glued to Harden for 48 minutes. That’s insanity.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1270 on: June 15, 2021, 10:11:34 PM »
My complaint is you have two First Team All Defensive players and neither of them spent a single possession on the best player in the world who was going for a 49 point triple double.

Jrue should’ve spent the first two minutes on Harden and when you realized Harden was a statue he shouldn’t have spent a single possession guarding him. Instead Bud kept him glued to Harden for 48 minutes. That’s insanity.

I think in-game adjustments have always been Bud’s Achilles heel.

• All American
« Reply #1271 on: June 15, 2021, 10:12:09 PM »

Jrue hasn’t played KD very well this series, but I don’t know why they kept Tucker or Giannis off of him at the end.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1272 on: June 15, 2021, 10:12:16 PM »
In Muggsy’s defense …

In the 3Q, Durant wasn’t killing the Bucks on every possession. He’d be posting up and they kept using Green’s man to double him, leaving Green WIDE open. After awhile, you have to respect Green and at least keep somebody within a mile of him.

And then, down the stretch, Durant was absolutely on fire. On fire! So you say, “OK, even if we have to leave somebody else open, we have to do what we can to make things tougher for him.”

It’s an in-game adjustment.

Both can be true: You can’t leave Green wide, wide open in the 3Q when he keeps hitting 3s, AND you have to focus completely on Durant as he’s taking over down the stretch.

Having said all that, I think the Bucks lost because they stopped playing good team offense. Durant was gonna get his, but the Bucks blew possession after possession going 1-on-1.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1273 on: June 15, 2021, 10:13:45 PM »

Yea. I think the Bucks need a new coach, but it’s not all on him. It’s like Packer fans blaming McCarthy. Some of it is the same stuff as when Kidd was there. Giannis goes iso and isn’t dynamic enough to do that under pressure. Then Middleton goes iso and forces a tough shot.

I think the Bucks need a new voice, but I don’t think they are filled with high BBall IQ or calm under pressure guys in their star positions.

• All American
« Reply #1274 on: June 15, 2021, 10:14:15 PM »
In Muggsy’s defense …

In the 3Q, Durant wasn’t killing the Bucks on every possession. He’d be posting up and they kept using Green’s man to double him, leaving Green WIDE open. After awhile, you have to respect Green and at least keep somebody within a mile of him.

And then, down the stretch, Durant was absolutely on fire. On fire! So you say, “OK, even if we have to leave somebody else open, we have to do what we can to make things tougher for him.”

It’s an in-game adjustment.

Both can be true: You can’t leave Green wide, wide open in the 3Q when he keeps hitting 3s, AND you have to focus completely on Durant as he’s taking over down the stretch.

Having said all that, I think the Bucks lost because they stopped playing good team offense. Durant was gonna get his, but the Bucks blew possession after possession going 1-on-1.

Durant was killing them by passing out of the double teams as soon as they ran the offense through KD. They didn’t play Claxton all second half because the strategy was clear.