collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2020-21  (Read 188132 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2020-21
« Reply #1000 on: June 04, 2021, 12:12:48 AM »
What happened?  Jae just ran to the locker room like Usain Bolt.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1001 on: June 04, 2021, 12:19:24 AM »
Both finalists from the bubble ... gone.

Suns-Nuggets should be fun.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1002 on: June 04, 2021, 12:22:24 AM »
Both finalists from the bubble ... gone.

Suns-Nuggets should be fun.

Im not sure Phoenix can guard Jokic.  Great to see Jae and Markus in the 2nd round.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1003 on: June 04, 2021, 12:24:11 AM »
LeBron in LA

2018-19: Missed Playoffs
2019-20: NBA Champions after getting AD
2020-21: Lost First Round after Davis gets injured

Will he bail for a new super team or get another top 10 player to join him. Otherwise, he isn’t winning another title.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1004 on: June 04, 2021, 02:17:47 AM »
What happened?  Jae just ran to the locker room like Usain Bolt.

Jae did the LeBron Salsa dance and got ejected.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1005 on: June 04, 2021, 09:59:03 AM »
Jae did the LeBron Salsa dance and got ejected.

I don’t think last night could have went more perfectly for Jae. Been going at Lebron all series. Meme starts going around of Lebron smiling going against Crowder in the post cause he thinks he’s easy. So Jae starts the game white hot to kickstart the huge lead.  Then hits dagger threes late.  Then gets the last trash talking word and sprints happily to the locker room.  Just incredible

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1006 on: June 04, 2021, 10:09:14 AM »
I don’t think last night could have went more perfectly for Jae. Been going at Lebron all series. Meme starts going around of Lebron smiling going against Crowder in the post cause he thinks he’s easy. So Jae starts the game white hot to kickstart the huge lead.  Then hits dagger threes late.  Then gets the last trash talking word and sprints happily to the locker room.  Just incredible

That's great but I would like to know how you felt last night went for Lebron?  :)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1007 on: June 04, 2021, 10:13:44 AM »
I didn't get the end of that game last night.  The Lakers bench was chirping at Booker for dunking with 40 seconds left.  Did they want him to take a shot clock violation?  Starting a possession with 27 seconds left I get taking a shot clock violation leaving 3 seconds on the game clock, but starting a possession with over a minute left?  You're mad at the Suns for scoring on that possession?

Seemed like Jae's dance came as a result of the Lakers bench trying to team up on Booker.  See ya Lakers!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1008 on: June 04, 2021, 10:19:45 AM »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1009 on: June 04, 2021, 11:05:27 AM »
I didn't get the end of that game last night.  The Lakers bench was chirping at Booker for dunking with 40 seconds left.  Did they want him to take a shot clock violation?  Starting a possession with 27 seconds left I get taking a shot clock violation leaving 3 seconds on the game clock, but starting a possession with over a minute left?  You're mad at the Suns for scoring on that possession?

Seemed like Jae's dance came as a result of the Lakers bench trying to team up on Booker.  See ya Lakers!

The Lakers bench is beyond annoying.  They relish in being the fun clowning celebration crew when Lebron and AD and others are clicking.  But they get peeved and offended super easily.  Its happened multiple times this.  Hope they enjoy vacation!  1-2-CANCUN!

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1010 on: June 04, 2021, 11:27:56 AM »

definitely a very weak ejection. The officials were just trying to prevent something more from happening. Thankfully it's not the kind of ejection that will lead to a fine or suspension.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1011 on: June 04, 2021, 12:41:05 PM »

That was great stuff. When Jae hit that second late 3, I actually stood up and said, "Yeah!" What a great warrior.

When you do all the silly stuff LeBron does, you have to be ready to be mocked.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1012 on: June 04, 2021, 12:44:50 PM »
LeBron in LA

Will he bail for a new super team or get another top 10 player to join him. Otherwise, he isn’t winning another title.

LeBron in LA

If that's the case, LeBron will just have to settle for 4 titles, 10 trips to the Finals, the all-time scoring leadership, generally accepted status as the second-best basketball player ever, and more than a billion bucks in the bank. What a loser!

Oh, and you forgot to do fun lists on how many titles Davis, Bosh, Irving, etc, have in the years they didn't play with James.

How many titles did Wade win without LeBron? Just 1? Not real good.

How many titles did Kareem win without Magic, Worthy, etc? Just 1? Pretty sad.

How many titles did Russell win without the dozen Hall of Famers he played with? Zero? Loser.

This kind of stuff isn't silly at all.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1013 on: June 04, 2021, 03:29:30 PM »

If it was LeBron showing up another player, you would have been apoplectic in your post. You and the LeBron haters would have gone nuts. The little crazy guy would have been ranting about LeBron and fake reading.

Kinda like the game threads where guys go nuts if someone stares down an MU player and then can't get enough of Theo intimidating a guy on the other team.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1014 on: June 04, 2021, 03:51:42 PM »
If it was LeBron showing up another player, you would have been apoplectic in your post. You and the LeBron haters would have gone nuts. The little crazy guy would have been ranting about LeBron and fake reading.

Kinda like the game threads where guys go nuts if someone stares down an MU player and then can't get enough of Theo intimidating a guy on the other team.

Stop blaming other people for Lebron's issues.  How is it my fault that he fake reads or leaves the court in Game 5 to "get treatment" with 6 mins to go in the game?  If someone doesn't want to be criticized for fake reading,  perhaps he should stop fake reading Jockey?  WTH?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1015 on: June 04, 2021, 04:07:33 PM »

Give me a break man.  Find me a post where I complain about trash talking or showboating.  I love that in the game.  And I would have loved it if Jae did it to AD, or KCP, or f-ing Caruso.  Dude has always been unafraid and thats part of what made him endearing at MU and beyond.  Many players are afraid to go toe to toe with stars in situations like that cause of the understandable double standards in the NBA.  I had no issue when Morant absolutely embarrassed Joey a few years ago.  And if he had posed like Ric Flair and danced a jig next to him, I wouldn't have cared beyond being pissed that MU was playing like trash.

Ive talked about Lebron for being a diva, or embellishing injuries, or always having an excuse for his narrative.  Ive never whined or complained about him celebrating a dunk, or staring down a bench, or doing his celebrations.  I said nothing when Lebron was smirking and clowning Crowder with the bench earlier in the series when Twitter went nuts for it.

Get off your high horse with this nonsense just cause I gave you crap in this thread about other stuff.  Apoplectic, FOH

• All American
« Reply #1016 on: June 04, 2021, 04:09:41 PM »
Stop blaming other people for Lebron's issues.  How is it my fault that he fake reads or leaves the court in Game 5 to "get treatment" with 6 mins to go in the game?  If someone doesn't want to be criticized for fake reading,  perhaps he should stop fake reading Jockey?  WTH?

Do you point out everyone's "issues" as well?  Or do you (an others) have an issue with Lebron that compels you to obsess about his issues in particular?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1017 on: June 04, 2021, 04:15:22 PM »

Do you point out everyone's "issues" as well?  Or do you (an others) have an issue with Lebron that compels you to obsess about his issues in particular?

I'm not obsessing at all FBM.  I will respond however when I am called out directly and someone brings up that it's silly to comment about his fake reading.  In fact, I'm not the original poster that mentioned he fake reads.  All of my responses to his systemic fake reading issues were retorts to those that seem to excuse his fake reading.  When you fake read FBM, if you are attacked by an unstoppable rebel force,  you have no one to blame but yourself.

• All American
« Reply #1018 on: June 04, 2021, 04:25:30 PM »
I'm not obsessing at all FBM.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1019 on: June 05, 2021, 08:00:05 PM »
The Bucks are blowing a big opportunity at this point.  Just dumb decisions on offense.  They can score in the paint at will.  Why launch isolation threes?  This will be a missed opportunity if they lose this game without Harden. 

• All American
« Reply #1020 on: June 05, 2021, 08:11:00 PM »
Eh. They aren’t shooting well. If they end up losing this it will be a missed opportunity, but hardly a fatal one.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1021 on: June 05, 2021, 08:21:23 PM »
Eh. They aren’t shooting well. If they end up losing this it will be a missed opportunity, but hardly a fatal one.

I disagree somewhat.  It's not fatal if you mean death but it doesn't look like Budenholzer knows what he's doing.  Very poor execution and poise FBM..  Some of it is missed shots but there's a lot of mickey-mouse/isolation hoops in their h-c offense.

• All American
« Reply #1022 on: June 05, 2021, 08:26:45 PM »
I disagree somewhat.  It's not fatal if you mean death but it doesn't look like Budenholzer knows what he's doing.  Very poor execution and poise FBM..  Some of it is missed shots but there's a lot of mickey-mouse/isolation hoops in their h-c offense.

They have had open shots behind the line but just missed them. This isn’t a Bud thing.

• All American
« Reply #1023 on: June 05, 2021, 08:27:28 PM »
Defense is a problem though...

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1024 on: June 05, 2021, 08:36:29 PM »
They have had open shots behind the line but just missed them. This isn’t a Bud thing.

I wouldn't put Giannis at the top vs a set D very much.  Get him the ball down low
They've definitely missed a lot of open looks but they are primarily taking shots off the bounce from the perimeter.    Not a lot of patience in their offense right now.  As I stated before they will need to average 125 min to win the series.  Middleton has had a brutal game. 

feedback