collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2020-21  (Read 188087 times)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: NBA Thread 2020-21
« Reply #625 on: May 19, 2021, 10:45:38 PM »
AD playing more like a top 250 NBA player
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #626 on: May 19, 2021, 10:50:38 PM »
Two MU players representing!!  Wes nails a triple.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #627 on: May 19, 2021, 11:00:12 PM »
Brutal qtr for Warriors

MU level of TO's. That lead to easy buckets.

And inexplicably throwing that schlub Wiggins on LeBron.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #628 on: May 19, 2021, 11:12:16 PM »
They better overturn that "charge" on Juan vs  LeFlop.  Garbage call.  GSW is just too small in this match-up.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #629 on: May 19, 2021, 11:17:44 PM »
Curry is beyond belief. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #630 on: May 19, 2021, 11:31:57 PM »
Lebron is the second best player of all time but he’s an absolute embarrassment with this crap.  What an absolute loser

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #631 on: May 19, 2021, 11:34:10 PM »
Lebron is the second best player of all time but he’s an absolute embarrassment with this crap.  What an absolute loser

That was absolutely pathetic. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #632 on: May 19, 2021, 11:40:07 PM »
Wes was just 1/4 but he was a total difference maker and +17 in maybe 15 minutes. What a half for him.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #633 on: May 19, 2021, 11:42:38 PM »
What a shame.  Pope walked before that deep 3 by LeBron.  The fact that this guy is still acting like he was shot is truly pathetic.  JWags is exactly right what a total loser and embarrassment. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 11:47:27 PM by MuggsyB »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #634 on: May 19, 2021, 11:43:39 PM »
Lmao blatant travel ignored before the kickout for the winning 3.  Lakers got EVERY call the last 6 minutes.  Welp. No way the Lakers were gonna miss the playoffs.  Let’s go CP3

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #635 on: May 19, 2021, 11:44:02 PM »
Wes was just 1/4 but he was a total difference maker and +17 in maybe 15 minutes. What a half for him.

Big contribution by Wes.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #636 on: May 19, 2021, 11:46:30 PM »
Lmao blatant travel ignored before the kickout for the winning 3.  Lakers got EVERY call the last 6 minutes.  Welp. No way the Lakers were gonna miss the playoffs.  Let’s go CP3

I thought it was just me, but I agree with every single word you have written.  I thought that was a clear walk and there were a number of other questionable calls that were pro Lakers down the stretch.  Very unfortunate because Curry is just electric.  Must see TV.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 11:52:09 PM by MuggsyB »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #637 on: May 19, 2021, 11:50:50 PM »
If only LeBron wasn’t such a loser.

I mean, all the guy ever has done is lose.

That long 3 by the loser only went in cuz Adam Silver had the air conditioning turned on high right before that moment.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #638 on: May 19, 2021, 11:51:20 PM »

BLM steal your Scoop password? :)

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #639 on: May 19, 2021, 11:51:55 PM »
And ignoring Kerr trying to call a timeout at the end was the cherry on top. Farcical officiating down the stretch.

Also I really, really hate that Wes plays for them. That flop on the screen Dray set was total horsecrap.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #640 on: May 19, 2021, 11:55:22 PM »

That long 3 by the loser only went in cuz Adam Silver had the air conditioning turned on high right before that moment.

JWags wrote he is the 2nd best player ever.  That doesn't change the fact that LeBron was fake writhing in pain as if Andre the Giant picked him up like a toddler and slammed him to the ground.  Pathetic and embarrassing behavior.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #641 on: May 19, 2021, 11:59:17 PM »

You can be an incredible player who makes incredible plays and still be a loser. His post game interview was a joke too.  The defending champs with two top 5 players snuck by Curry and role players and Lebron is acting like he’s blinded like Samson only getting through by sheer force of will.

And if you don’t think the Lakers got a favorable whistle down the stretch, you’re a Lebron or Lakers fan, period. Juan would have gotten called for a charge on a play that Lebron literally jumped into him if not for a challenge. And that was just the start.  I’m honestly STUNNED Draymond wasn’t called for a flagrant

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #642 on: May 20, 2021, 12:02:39 AM »
You can be an incredible player who makes incredible plays and still be a loser. His post game interview was a joke too.  The defending champs with two top 5 players snuck by Curry and role players and Lebron is acting like he’s blinded like Samson only getting through by sheer force of will.

And if you don’t think the Lakers got a favorable whistle down the stretch, you’re a Lebron or Lakers fan, period. Juan would have gotten called for a charge on a play that Lebron literally jumped into him if not for a challenge. And that was just the start.  I’m honestly STUNNED Draymond wasn’t called for a flagrant

I missed his interview....details??  Let me guess did he say he couldn't see or needed smelling salts??

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #643 on: May 20, 2021, 12:06:05 AM »
I missed his interview....details??  Let me guess did he say he couldn't see or needed smelling salts??

On the final 3, “I saw 3 rims and just aimed at the middle one”.  Also said he may need to wear an eyepatch.  And no, the latter wasn’t said with a joking chuckle

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #644 on: May 20, 2021, 12:18:54 AM »
On the final 3, “I saw 3 rims and just aimed at the middle one”.  Also said he may need to wear an eyepatch.  And no, the latter wasn’t said with a joking chuckle

Omg.  Wasn't that taken from Rocky III when Stallone said "I see three of him"? 

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #645 on: May 20, 2021, 12:24:13 AM »
I'm incredibly biased towards GS so it's nice to see that all neutral observers also thought the officiating was crap.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #646 on: May 20, 2021, 12:28:37 AM »
I'm incredibly biased towards GS so it's nice to see that all neutral observers also thought the officiating was crap.

I’m biased to GS as well and I didn’t think the officiating was bad. Not perfect, but not terrible.

If you pay attention on this board, we see the same LeBron hate every year.

It’s a frickin’ joke that people watching on TV think they know whether LeBron was hurt or not.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #647 on: May 20, 2021, 06:34:57 AM »
I’m biased to GS as well and I didn’t think the officiating was bad. Not perfect, but not terrible.

If you pay attention on this board, we see the same LeBron hate every year.

It’s a frickin’ joke that people watching on TV think they know whether LeBron was hurt or not.

I mean. He took 3 shots while he was apparently blind. He went 3-3 on them. That’s some pretty incredible luck if that’s the case. Especially considering he was 6-16 from the field before having his eyes gauged out.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #648 on: May 20, 2021, 06:44:02 AM »
I totally believe he’ll need double surgery to replace his eyeballs. First ever person to get a new eyeball and be able to see with it. And that’ll be done by the weekend.

Anybody questioning that didn’t see the blatant and vicious elbow to the chin Juan gave him on the charge that got over called. I mean, LBJ was showing the refs what happened and it was clear as day he was exactly right.

(I love that even though they have it slowed down and zoomed in and Juan’s elbow never came close to LBJ’s chin, Breen can’t say “he didn’t get elbowed.” It has to be “I didn’t see anything from that angle.”)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #649 on: May 20, 2021, 07:15:19 AM »
He took 3 shots while he was apparently blind. He went 3-3 on them.

Actually, badly missed a FT ... though that isn't all that unusual for him. It reflects poorly on such a great player that he was never able to really improve his FT shooting.

I love that even though they have it slowed down and zoomed in and Juan’s elbow never came close to LBJ’s chin, Breen can’t say “he didn’t get elbowed.” It has to be “I didn’t see anything from that angle.”)

The refs didn't call the elbow. Van Gundy and Jackson said it wasn't an elbow. Breen said on the one angle they showed he couldn't tell. A one-man conspiracy!

Omg.  Wasn't that taken from Rocky III when Stallone said "I see three of him"? 

Ron Santo is one of the first athletes who played a major sport despite having diabetes -- at least one of the first who publicly said so. But he kept it a secret most of his career because he feared getting cut. He said that when he'd be low on sugar, he'd sometimes have badly blurred vision. During one of those spells, he hit a homer. "I saw three baseballs coming to the plate, and I just hit the one in the middle."

Also said he may need to wear an eyepatch.  And no, the latter wasn’t said with a joking chuckle

He did say something about being "like a pirate." Avast ye swabs!

You can be an incredible player who makes incredible plays and still be a loser.

Wags, you can call him anything you want. Free country, and all that. But personally, I don't think "loser" is the word I'd choose for one of the winningest players in basketball history. He's also a billionaire who has given tens of millions of dollars to charitable causes. I wish Marquette and the other teams and athletes I actually root for "lost" like he has.

I love watching great athletes in any sport, and I appreciate LeBron's place in history, but I wouldn't say I'm a "fan." And I'm definitely not a Lakers fan. But I can tell that you dislike LeBron a ton.

As I watched the game live, I did not think the officiating down the stretch was egregiously one-sided.

I think a very good case could have been made for that being a flagrant on Green. He made no play on the ball whatsoever, and his arms and hands definitely came downward and struck an opponent hard in the face. But I ultimately agree with Javie, Van Gundy, Jackson -- and you -- that it was just a regular foul.

BTW, I liked after the game that LeBron and Draymond hugged and chatted briefly. Two warriors and two winners saying, "Great game, see you next time."

And I do think Green is a winner, even though he often acts like a dope and even though his antics probably cost the Warriors the 2016 NBA championship.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson