Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What's going on at UW-Madison?  (Read 17988 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: What's going on at UW-Madison?
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2012, 07:39:27 AM »
oh good, another alleged story from a damn cousin.    ;D

bahahahaha, but no, for real, he has admitted as much when I disappeared from the board for a few weeks when Chicos was worried about my whereabouts a year or two back.

if that made any sense.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2012, 08:02:32 AM »
I left for a while. Wasn't intentional, just sort of got busy wit other things and stopped checking in. I missed the entire Chicos -> Hoopaloop transformation. I just learned about that like a month ago. I guess some like this board so much they leave and come back as a different person.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2012, 09:51:22 AM »
MUAvenue RIP
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2012, 10:14:36 AM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2012, 10:52:18 AM »
Willie Warrior is missed.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2012, 12:59:32 PM »

And you wonder why so many posters have left here over the years because of guys like you.

You repeating this BS over and over again won't make it true. Who are these "so many" posters I've driven from the board? BMA? No. SJS/84? Willie Warrior? Chicos? 84 gave us a respite but is back as the Equalizer and hasn't missed a beat. Chicos was banned. Don't know what happened to Willie, but don't think one as outspoken a critic of everything Marquette could be driven out by little ol' me. Who else is in the "so many" group of yours?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2012, 01:02:12 PM »
Willie Warrior is missed.

I blame Maurice Acker.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2012, 01:46:54 PM »
You repeating this BS over and over again won't make it true. Who are these "so many" posters I've driven from the board? BMA? No. SJS/84? Willie Warrior? Chicos? 84 gave us a respite but is back as the Equalizer and hasn't missed a beat. Chicos was banned. Don't know what happened to Willie, but don't think one as outspoken a critic of everything Marquette could be driven out by little ol' me. Who else is in the "so many" group of yours?

Number one, the mods here said the personal attacks were going to stop or people would be given a vacation.  Calling someone a jerk, which you did, seems to qualify in that category.  It is not necessary and juvenile.  Do not understand why it is allowed.  It brings down the level of the conversation.

Secondly, there have been some posters that either no longer post here or cut back their usage because of the back and forth, the commentary that often results in name calling or defining one's fandom.  How many times have you told me or others they love Bo Ryan and I can only answer personally that I cannot stand the guy.  What is the point of your offensive remarks?  Unless you aren't paying attention, some posters come right out and say they are done, tired of it.  They are the ones saying it.

RBSC, GoMarquette, Murffius, BMA, SJS, Tweekers, ecompt rarely comes here anymore, and others as well.  Some have stated there were tired of having their fandom questioned.  Others I don't know, I'm sure they have their reasons. Where is NYWarrior?  ErikJD is around but doesn't participate much.  Some guys will leave for different reasons, but others in their own words have said they don't like to participate when people like you and others get into the name calling.

Do you feel it is productive with the name calling?  Is it an internet bullying thing? 

"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

The Man in Gold

• All American
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2012, 01:48:19 PM »
This is by far my favorite comment from the BADger story on ESPN.

xx ihatethecardinals xx
Uthoff has yet to come out and really give a solid explanation as to why he was leaving. All he has said is that he doesn't think a 3 or 4 while thrive in Wisconsin's offense. That just doesn't add up! The only logical explanation is there is some girl behind the scenes whispering in his ear and that's what Ryan is so mad about.

Captain, We need more sweatervests!  TheManInGold has been blinded by the light (off the technicolor sweatervest)

reinko

• All American
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2012, 01:50:31 PM »
Number one, the mods here said the personal attacks were going to stop or people would be given a vacation.  Calling someone a jerk, which you did, seems to qualify in that category.  It is not necessary and juvenile.  Do not understand why it is allowed.  It brings down the level of the conversation.

Secondly, there have been some posters that either no longer post here or cut back their usage because of the back and forth, the commentary that often results in name calling or defining one's fandom.  How many times have you told me or others they love Bo Ryan and I can only answer personally that I cannot stand the guy.  What is the point of your offensive remarks?  Unless you aren't paying attention, some posters come right out and say they are done, tired of it.  They are the ones saying it.

RBSC, GoMarquette, Murffius, BMA, SJS, Tweekers, ecompt rarely comes here anymore, and others as well.  Some have stated there were tired of having their fandom questioned.  Others I don't know, I'm sure they have their reasons. Where is NYWarrior?  ErikJD is around but doesn't participate much.  Some guys will leave for different reasons, but others in their own words have said they don't like to participate when people like you and others get into the name calling.

Do you feel it is productive with the name calling?  Is it an internet bullying thing? 

Addition by subtraction.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2012, 03:32:15 PM »
Has Bo BUZZsaw or CREANed any players? I thought he did but I can't think of any.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2012, 04:02:33 PM »
Bo has BOned players before, as we know. Now what do we call what he is doing?  De-BOning? There has to be a name for the opposite of BOning a player.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2012, 04:06:56 PM »

I blame Lenny's for the disappearance of idrankwithmandyjohnson

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2012, 04:10:28 PM »
Has Bo BUZZsaw or CREANed any players? I thought he did but I can't think of any.

Markolf lost the will to play basketball conveniently when UW was short on guards and then were able to get the Big Ten to change the rules for going to another Big Ten school after getting out of the LOI from a Big Ten School.

Sorry if it has been posted, but UW needs to improve their mail delivery system in their office.

http://thegazette.com/2012/04/18/source-jarrod-uthoff-did-not-make-appeal/

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2012, 04:41:20 PM »
On PTI, Wilbon just said he's got a lawyer ready for Uthoff to challenge the ACC restrictions and if Uthoff wants to use the lawyer to call him and he might help pay. Calls UW "gutless slob" if they restrict him this much

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2012, 04:54:50 PM »
Markolf lost the will to play basketball conveniently when UW was short on guards and then were able to get the Big Ten to change the rules for going to another Big Ten school after getting out of the LOI from a Big Ten School.

Sorry if it has been posted, but UW needs to improve their mail delivery system in their office.

http://thegazette.com/2012/04/18/source-jarrod-uthoff-did-not-make-appeal/

I wonder if the UW fans will apologize now for calling him a liar in regards to the appeal.  It amazes me how willing they are to throw a kid under the bus for wanting to transfer.