collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Campus Alert  (Read 7398 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Campus Alert
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2022, 04:27:37 PM »
seriously??  solve societal problems??  so how do you suppose we accomplish this one? you do realize that some people are just unfit for society, right?  i don't know what classes you took at MU that taught you this, but probably a little late to ask for some money back.  but what is this??  just smoke a bowl and puff the magic dragon...weeeee, everything's gonna be alright

I used to think muguru was the dumbest person I've run into on the internet.

I would like to formally apologize to him.

There are some places in Europe I'd suggest you visit if you truly believe the bolded.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2022, 04:35:06 PM »
SJW 😂

I thought “SJW” was a “badge of honor.”
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2022, 04:43:08 PM »

There are some places in Europe I'd suggest you visit if you truly believe the bolded.

so i am supposed to visit europe?  where abouts?  give me a clue...which countries have solved "societal problems"? 

"some places"?  so there are more than one?  geez, must be secret places...haven't heard of waves of people rushing to live there.  do you need citizenship?  or can you just walk on over like here? 

unless you can come thru fill us in here at scoop, you might have 3 fingers pointing right at your "dumbest person" on the internet
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2022, 04:46:56 PM »
I thought “SJW” was a “badge of honor.”

It’s whatever you want it to be, Jr. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2022, 05:11:18 PM »

If it took you this long to figure it out, well, I don't know what to say.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2022, 05:18:14 PM »
so i am supposed to visit europe?  where abouts?  give me a clue...which countries have solved "societal problems"? 

"some places"?  so there are more than one?  geez, must be secret places...haven't heard of waves of people rushing to live there.  do you need citizenship?  or can you just walk on over like here? 

unless you can come thru fill us in here at scoop, you might have 3 fingers pointing right at your "dumbest person" on the internet

You haven’t heard of waves of people moving to Europe?  Western Europe has about the same %-age of immigrant population as the United States. Around 15%.

And yes some people have walked there. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2022, 05:23:48 PM »
You haven’t heard of waves of people moving to Europe?  Western Europe has about the same %-age of immigrant population as the United States. Around 15%.

And yes some people have walked there.

and...they have solved societal problems?  meaning they don't need jails or prisons?  where in europe may this place be?  umm, no, i haven't heard of such a movement.  maybe we could start a new thread on this utopia you and hardy speak of.  this could be ground breaking stuff
don't...don't don't don't don't

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2022, 05:43:41 PM »
Anybody else think Mr. ALM-except-when-attempting-a-coup-then-blue-lives-no-longer-matter should stick to threatening to fire female employees for wanting to shave their head in support of their friend going through cancer because they’re just drawing attention themselves and away from precious business?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2022, 06:17:51 PM »

I can't believe I have to spell this out for you.

Auschwitz, Dachau, Bergen-Belsen.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2022, 06:21:44 PM »
  I know.  But prosecutors have some leeway in what they charge or downgrade a charge to.  My point is that those who are arrested habitually or commit some type of violent offense should not be let go as easily as some seem to be.  Not all, but many are let out way too easily.  We hear about them on  the news (local news even).  And if you listen to AOC, Talib, Ohmar, etc., they say the the entire carceral system should be abolished.   So yes.  There are some extreme outliers.  The problem is that some of them are in congress.

And before anyone jumps on the whataboutism train, I'm strictly replying to Pak's question about who's saying people shouldn't be locked up.

Could you find some examples of AOC or Omar saying the whole system should be abolished (without, of course, any replacement). Are you really suggesting they're advocating for a system in which murderers are never incarcerated?

As for violent offenders getting out too easily ... we agree! That's one reason why the cash bail system makes no sense. It allows a well-off killer or rapist go free, while a poor shoplifter or drug user sits in jail. Pretrial release should be dependent on the defendant's background and the nature of the offense, not financial means.
And by clearing out the jails of people who really don't need to be there, we create less overcrowding pressure on the system that can often force the release of the truly dangerous.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2022, 07:53:42 PM »

Equating murderers and rapists (obviously rocket’s “some people”) with innocents gassed because they were Jewish kinda disqualifies you from judging anyone else’s IQ.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2022, 08:00:50 PM »
Equating murderers and rapists (obviously rocket’s “some people”) with innocents gassed because they were Jewish kinda disqualifies you from judging anyone else’s IQ.

I know you're old, so I'll give you a pass.  My comment was directed at the bolded portion.

But, by all means, please defend rocket.  He's a stand up gentleman, and standing along side him is such a good look.  You know, with all his good takes.

Get your head right.

• All American
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2022, 08:13:57 PM »
I know you're old, so I'll give you a pass. 

Heh.  I'm not the only one to notice this I guess.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2022, 08:15:34 PM »
Move along, nothin' ta cee heer, hey?

Safety Alert: Feb. 19, 2022 | 6:10 p.m.

FEBRUARY 19, 2022

The Marquette University Police Department is investigating the incident below. If you have more information, please contact MUPD immediately at (414) 288-6800.

Initial Incident Report

Incident type: Armed robbery
Incident location: 800 block of N. 14th Street
Approximate time: 6:10 p.m.
Victims: One male, Marquette student
Physical injuries: None

MUPD responded to a report of an armed robbery at the 800 block of N. 14th Street. Suspects approached the victim (one male, Marquette student) in a black four-door Kia and demanded the victim's cell phone. The victim gave up property. The suspects fled the scene westbound on Wells Street in the Kia. The victim reported no physical injuries. MUPD is leading the investigation.

Description of suspect(s)

Suspect 1:
Sex: Unknown

Race and/or ethnicity:
 White    Black or African American    Hispanic or Latino     Asian    American Indian or Alaska Native    Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander    Unknown

Suspect 2:
Sex: Male

Race and/or ethnicity:
 White    Black or African American    Hispanic or Latino     Asian   American Indian or Alaska Native    Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander   Unknown

Weight: Thin
Clothing: Dark hooded sweatshirt

Suspect 3:
Sex: Male

Race and/or ethnicity:
 White    Black or African American    Hispanic or Latino     Asian   American Indian or Alaska Native    Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander   Unknown

Weight: Thin
Clothing: Dark hooded sweatshirt

Vehicle Description

Black four-door Kia
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 09:23:06 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2022, 08:18:36 PM »
South of State St., aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2022, 08:34:50 PM »
Happened when I was in school too. I’m sure you were concerned then.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2022, 08:44:33 PM »
I know you're old, so I'll give you a pass.  My comment was directed at the bolded portion.

Hards

There was nothing wrong with his “bolded portion”. The “some people” he’s talking about are clearly violent criminals, not innocents. Conflating the two is not honest.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2022, 08:45:43 PM »
South of State St., aina?

West of state street here, high as a kite

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2022, 08:49:40 PM »
Hards

There was nothing wrong with his “bolded portion”. The “some people” he’s talking about are clearly violent criminals, not innocents. Conflating the two is not honest.

If you can't see what was wrong with what he said, you are also beyond hope.

I thought you weren't.  Please prove me wrong.

• All American
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2022, 08:52:16 PM »

I have no idea why you thought that. 

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2022, 09:08:16 PM »
"Plenty of evidence" is one news story? Usually if someone prefaces a statement that way I'd be expecting, you know, actual data.

Maybe there actually is "plenty of evidence", I don't know...but I do know this isn't it.

So an actual news story isn't evidence.  Wow!  There are daily accounts here in California of such things happening.  DA s are becoming subject to more recall referendums.  I'm all for fairness in treating people who make a mistake but a revolving door for chronic criminals does nobody any good. For example, the LA county sheriff now charges felons in Federal Court rather than local courts to protect the citizens.

• All American
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2022, 09:09:56 PM »
   So an actual news story isn't evidence.  Wow! 

One news story isn't "plenty of evidence."  it's a news story.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2022, 09:37:41 PM »
West of state street here, high as a kite

Creeping on the UW coeds?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2022, 09:41:10 PM »
Creeping on the UW coeds?

The older I get or something

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2022, 09:43:07 PM »

“Some people are unfit for society” is what you bolded. Guess what? Some people are - they’ve disqualified themselves. Do you honestly think that mass murderers or violent rapists are fit for society? I bet not any society you want your wife and children to inhabit.

Could “some people are unfit for society” be used as an apology for genocide? Sure. But you know that wasn’t the case here. Acting like you don’t is dishonest.

feedback