* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jay Bee
[May 16, 2024, 04:26:22 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 386107 times)

cheebs09

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #4025 on: October 01, 2021, 10:49:25 AM »
I know a couple of people who have done plaster casts of their teeth and do their own dental work because they don't trust dentists.   

Dentists were the first avenue for implanting the microchips the government uses for mind control, aina?

Isn’t that how we are mindlessly programmed to see them every 6 months?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4026 on: October 01, 2021, 03:33:32 PM »
Doesn't it kinda make you wonder what sources he uses to to base his own practice methods?

Whatever BIG TOOTHCARE sales man drops off the bigger perk for the year.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #4027 on: October 04, 2021, 08:01:14 AM »
Since Viper was spouting some misinformation about vaccines not preventing transmission , they do not completely prevent transmission, but do significantly reduce it.

Research articles:
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2107717

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa2107058

Article from The Atlantic:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/620161/

Viper if you can PM me your experts’ info, so I can pass this on, that would be great.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4028 on: October 04, 2021, 12:10:00 PM »
Since Viper was spouting some misinformation about vaccines not preventing transmission , they do not completely prevent transmission, but do significantly reduce it.

I think the proliferation of smallpox and polio here in this country prove Viper is right ::)

It’s too bad there is no vaccine for ignorance.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4029 on: October 04, 2021, 12:15:15 PM »
I used to think that a Marquette education was a vaccination against ignorance.   I have been disabused of that notion
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4030 on: October 04, 2021, 12:37:23 PM »
I used to think that a Marquette education was a vaccination against ignorance.   I have been disabused of that notion

There's a horse de-wormer you can take to clear your brain from any misconceptions.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4031 on: October 04, 2021, 02:14:28 PM »
Maigh Eo for Sam

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #4032 on: October 04, 2021, 02:15:12 PM »
I think the proliferation of smallpox and polio here in this country prove Viper is right ::)

It’s too bad there is no vaccine for ignorance.

How long did it take states to start mandating the polio vaccine for school attendance? Slightly disingenuous to suggest that historically as vaccines were approved it went right to full throated support and public acceptance. 

I believe you live in Wisconsin Jockey, right?  Polio vaccine was approved in 1955 and not until 20 years later did it became mandatory to attend public schools in Wisconsin. 

Not sure the reasoning for that but I don’t think there will be too many folks against the c19 vaccine if it shows a 20 year history of being safe/efficacious. 

In reading about vaccine requirements from state to state I was surprised at the variability in who requires what and how only a handful require the flu vaccine. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4033 on: October 04, 2021, 02:39:43 PM »
Hahahaha I hope this happens to every anti vax pro athlete.

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/oilers-forward-josh-archibald-out-indefinitely-with-myocarditis?utm_source=reddit.com

With all due respect, thats a pretty gross mentality.  But I'm sure Jockey will high five you for it.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4034 on: October 04, 2021, 02:51:27 PM »
With all due respect, thats a pretty gross mentality.  But I'm sure Jockey will high five you for it.

Most cases of Myocarditis are easily treatable with aspirin and down time. I don't wish for any severe cases that need open heart surgery or anything. Sorry but I'm at a point where people like Kyrie for example can finally get hit with some type of repercussions that will  keep from doing what they love. They're professional athletes because their god/genetic given gifts, don't protect those gifts from preventable diseases and use your influencer status to get people to also not protect themselves, well then the deal with the fallout of the disease and be replaced by younger hungry safe players.
Maigh Eo for Sam

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4035 on: October 04, 2021, 04:17:27 PM »
Most cases of Myocarditis are easily treatable with aspirin and down time. I don't wish for any severe cases that need open heart surgery or anything. Sorry but I'm at a point where people like Kyrie for example can finally get hit with some type of repercussions that will  keep from doing what they love. They're professional athletes because their god/genetic given gifts, don't protect those gifts from preventable diseases and use your influencer status to get people to also not protect themselves, well then the deal with the fallout of the disease and be replaced by younger hungry safe players.

Fair enough.  I just feel like myocarditis has been something that people here frequently bring up when they're like "DEATH ISN'T THE ONLY NEGATIVE OUTCOME" and now its being snickered at.

Listen, I get the schadenfraude for the people who are spreading misinformation, harassing medical professionals, spewing BS on talk radio, etc... But for normal people, athlete/celeb or not who choose not to get the vaccine, even though I disagree with them, I can't find it in me to muster up glee for a negative outcome.  Cause I don't personally think it does anything to help the vaccination effort at this point.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4036 on: October 04, 2021, 04:28:47 PM »
Fair enough.  I just feel like myocarditis has been something that people here frequently bring up when they're like "DEATH ISN'T THE ONLY NEGATIVE OUTCOME" and now its being snickered at.

Listen, I get the schadenfraude for the people who are spreading misinformation, harassing medical professionals, spewing BS on talk radio, etc... But for normal people, athlete/celeb or not who choose not to get the vaccine, even though I disagree with them, I can't find it in me to muster up glee for a negative outcome.  Cause I don't personally think it does anything to help the vaccination effort at this point.

I mean for your average non millionaire the extra doc appointments and treatment are a big setback financially and a big pain in the a$$ for staying healthy. Coming at it from those reasons, they don't apply as well to an ignorant pro athlete. Again I wish nobody gets the level of open heart surgery, but to see a Kyrie or his ilk complain about being super out of shape and replaced after sitting taking aspirin all year? I'd muster some glee.

Maybe they learn a lesson and convince a handful of their diligent followers to get vaccinated to who convince their immediate family? If so then the negative outcome is worth it. If not, then it wasn't worth anything other than humbling a person who believes themselves to always be the smartest in the room. 🤗
Maigh Eo for Sam

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4037 on: October 04, 2021, 04:34:42 PM »
Lindsay Graham greeted with boos for suggesting people "think about" getting the vaccine.
Part of me laughs watching the monster they created devour them, and itself.
Part of me says "We're doomed."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/republicans-shout-down-rep-lindsey-graham-for-pushing-vaccine

« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 05:13:51 PM by Pakuni »

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #4038 on: October 04, 2021, 04:59:48 PM »
But for normal people, athlete/celeb or not who choose not to get the vaccine, even though I disagree with them, I can't find it in me to muster up glee for a negative outcome.

You are in the minority around here. For many, it’s never been about health.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4039 on: October 04, 2021, 05:12:33 PM »
It was about health for me.   I had a relatively bad case, I knew people who had died.    It never occurred to me that even a vaccine could become political.   In hindsight, I failed to learn the lessons of history. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4040 on: October 04, 2021, 05:12:51 PM »

What has it been about?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4041 on: October 04, 2021, 06:13:11 PM »
Doesn't it kinda make you wonder what sources he uses to to base his own practice methods?

i'd like to think 36 years of private practice and ownership speaks for itself.  just because i challenge all you "experts" doesn't mean i'm wrong.  you watch, the jury is still out on A LOT of treatments going on.  it might be a year or 2 and i'm sure you are going to see a big shift in paradigms of covid treatments   
don't...don't don't don't don't

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4042 on: October 04, 2021, 06:15:58 PM »
i'd like to think 36 years of private practice and ownership speaks for itself. just because i challenge all you "experts" doesn't mean i'm wrong.  you watch, the jury is still out on A LOT of treatments going on.  it might be a year or 2 and i'm sure you are going to see a big shift in paradigms of covid treatments   

Narrator: "It doesn't"

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #4043 on: October 04, 2021, 06:20:20 PM »
Narrator: "It doesn't"

6 women, babies dead. Botched circumcisions. Catastrophic injuries. Why this baby doctor practiced for decades

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/news/2021/09/23/west-palm-ob-gyn-malpractice-lawsuits-moms-babies-died-circumcisions-botched-doctor-kept-practicing/5524867001/

Over the 33 years that he practiced medicine in Palm Beach County, records examined by The Palm Beach Post link him to 14 serious injuries of women and children, including six deaths. Lopez has been named in four disciplinary cases and nine malpractice actions, including suits over the deaths of two infants, an injury to another and an 18-year-old mother who died in the 1990s.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4044 on: October 04, 2021, 06:25:54 PM »
you watch, the jury is still out on A LOT of treatments going on.  it might be a year or 2 and i'm sure you are going to see a big shift in paradigms of covid treatments   

That really depends on whether the mindset of the public changes.   There is already a drug in the pipeline to treat the infected which should be cleared for use by the end of the year.  Nasal sprays.   Patches.   And the advances in scientific knowledge and entirely new ways to create vaccines are here.    So, yes, entirely new treatment options for COVID will be available in the next couple of years.    But the rubes will have to choose science over Facebook.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #4045 on: October 04, 2021, 06:31:13 PM »
i'd like to think 36 years of private practice and ownership speaks for itself.  just because i challenge all you "experts" doesn't mean i'm wrong.  you watch, the jury is still out on A LOT of treatments going on.  it might be a year or 2 and i'm sure you are going to see a big shift in paradigms of covid treatments   

4 of 10

Nice use of air quotes but lack of absurd links and conspiracy theories brings it way down.  You can do better.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4046 on: October 04, 2021, 06:34:02 PM »
4 of 10

Nice use of air quotes but lack of absurd links and conspiracy theories brings it way down.  You can do better.
These have become my favorite posts on Scoop. Thank you.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4047 on: October 04, 2021, 06:57:34 PM »
Don't be sad. Here, this is something that will cheer you up: vaccine protesters attacking a mobile testing site. Right up your alley.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1445123241413160963
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4048 on: October 04, 2021, 07:34:56 PM »
6 women, babies dead. Botched circumcisions. Catastrophic injuries. Why this baby doctor practiced for decades

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/news/2021/09/23/west-palm-ob-gyn-malpractice-lawsuits-moms-babies-died-circumcisions-botched-doctor-kept-practicing/5524867001/

Over the 33 years that he practiced medicine in Palm Beach County, records examined by The Palm Beach Post link him to 14 serious injuries of women and children, including six deaths. Lopez has been named in four disciplinary cases and nine malpractice actions, including suits over the deaths of two infants, an injury to another and an 18-year-old mother who died in the 1990s.

Devils advocate, unless rocket has myriad malpractice cases and severe negative outcomes like this hack, its not exactly a like for like.

Ben Carson proved himself to be fairly incompetent in the political realm or with his opinions on foreign policy or the like, but using that to discredit him as a neurosurgeon would be wildly offbase and incorrect.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #4049 on: October 04, 2021, 07:35:34 PM »
These have become my favorite posts on Scoop. Thank you.

Ditto for me
I was laughing out loud typing this.