collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Insurrectiongate 2021  (Read 14860 times)

shoothoops

• All American
Re: Well...
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2021, 04:14:16 PM »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2021, 04:15:22 PM »
Respectfully, I do not believe that this is true. To a person, every single person that I've spoken to today that voted for Trump is sickened by this. I'm not disputing that there are people that are happy about this, but it's an extremely small minority of Trump voters.

Trump and others called for people to storm Michigan. The GOP was silent.

People actually stormed and took over the Michigan capital. The GOP remained silent and defended Trump's words.

You can go on ad nauseam where these exact types of things were either called for, and/or executed and the GOP remained silent.

If it was a minority of people that supported actions like this, the GOP would have actively spoken out against it. They didn't, because a lot support it...as long as it focuses strictly on their enemies. When it starts to get close to home, only then do they seem to have an issue with it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2021, 04:15:57 PM »
Don't follow politics so much, but you have to turn on CNN.  They are going absolutely bonkers. 

I hate it when the media overreacts every time terrorists storm the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to overturn an election.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2021, 04:16:48 PM »
I get what both of you are saying brew and Goooooooooooo.

So far, at least, what I'm feeling today isn't the same deep sorrow I felt on 9/11, when we all could almost hear thousands of Americans screaming in unison.

It's a sad MF-ing day, though.

That we are even talking about it in these terms says plenty.

It's because there's no crying in unison that makes this so sad.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2021, 04:17:22 PM »
Oops... somebody got spooked.

Ron Johnson  - one of the instigators of the trump crowd - said he now recommends a streamlined process as Congress confirms the Electoral College votes.

His reelection is only two years away.  I think he made a bad choice when he signed onto this ridiculous idea.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2021, 04:18:25 PM »
The same Josh Hawley that waved in solidarity to the rioters before the rioting broke out? That Josh Hawley? Sorry, Josh is a little too busy trying to capture the Trumpers for his 2024 run to suddenly have an attack of conscience now.

https://twitter.com/ManuelQ/status/1346913744736157714
As an embarrassed MO resident I too know which path he'll take

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2021, 04:18:32 PM »
Trump and others called for people to storm Michigan. The GOP was silent.

People actually stormed and took over the Michigan capital. The GOP remained silent and defended Trump's words.

You can go on ad nauseam where these exact types of things were either called for, and/or executed and the GOP remained silent.

If it was a minority of people that supported actions like this, the GOP would have actively spoken out against it. They didn't, because a lot support it...as long as it focuses strictly on their enemies. When it starts to get close to home, only then do they seem to have an issue with it.

I don't believe most support it as much as they get a short-term political boost from it.  Which I guess you could say are basically the same thing.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2021, 04:19:42 PM »
Every time I see him talking about this, I remember this:

https://youtu.be/KPhsSqXHRAs

How presidential is he now?

Van Jones is a huckster who is very adept at aligning with whatever the prevailing sentiment is to look in touch and prescient.  There are many people at CNN I respect despite the network’s sensationalism or their political leanings, he is not one of them.

That being said, I agree with those calling on the 25th amendment. Right now, Trump is the dude in his car in the parking lot that just refuses to go into the office cause he doesn’t like his job

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2021, 04:19:55 PM »
Wonder what tomorrow will look like. Hopefully things don't get worse.

Also, this could have all been stopped. The plan to storm and occupy the capital was widely published online, and the US government knew of the plans.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2021/01/05/maga-geniuses-plot-takeover-of-us-capitol/

The plan was to stop them from being able to vote on certifying the election. They'll likely keep trying.

They also stormed the Texas capital.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/austin-rally-protest-march-for-trump/269-6df202da-cabb-43fe-b4f8-2a3bda77de92

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2021, 04:20:25 PM »
As advisors tried to get trump to make a statement, he was ranting for hours about Pence.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2021, 04:22:48 PM »
Oops... somebody got spooked.

Ron Johnson  - one of the instigators of the trump crowd - said he now recommends a streamlined process as Congress confirms the Electoral College votes.

He knows his seat is as good as gone in 2022

MU24

• Starter
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2021, 04:31:13 PM »
How does a country recover from this? The divide keeps getting bigger and bigger and not enough people are stepping up to stop it.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2021, 04:32:41 PM »
Today just shows how lacking Americans are with a basic understanding of fascism.  And I don't even say that to specifically say Trump or any particular event is fascist.  But we are hypersensitive to "degrees" of, or slippery slopes on the way to, all things communism.  We have debates over whether pretty basic social programs or tax rate increases are on the road to communism.  But we have an armed political minority charging the capitol enboldened by a radical wing of a major political party, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of fascism handwringing going on.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2021, 04:33:29 PM »
Need a full investigation of the Capitol police. Some opened gates and doors to let terrorists into the building.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2021, 04:37:57 PM »
Is there anyone good that can go up against Johnson in 2022? I will gladly donate money.
And by ‘good’ I mean able to defeat him.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2021, 04:46:40 PM »
Respectfully, I do not believe that this is true. To a person, every single person that I've spoken to today that voted for Trump is sickened by this. I'm not disputing that there are people that are happy about this, but it's an extremely small minority of Trump voters.

I hope you are right.

Assuming that, it would be in the best interest of every Republican in the House and Senate to put out a very clear statement strongly denouncing this action, and calling for prosecution of the perpetrators. If the majority of Republican voters are sickened by today’s actions, they will applaud those statements.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2021, 04:46:46 PM »
Is there anyone good that can go up against Johnson in 2022? I will gladly donate money.
And by ‘good’ I mean able to defeat him.

Heard Thomas Nelson’s name being thrown around.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2021, 04:47:16 PM »
Here is more food for thought -DC is governed by federal law. Trump could pardon anyone arrested today.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2021, 04:56:12 PM »
To my point above about Republicans clearly and strongly denouncing what happened today…part of a statement from Ben Sasse:

“Today, the United States Capitol — the world’s greatest symbol of self-government — was ransacked while the leader of the free world cowered behind his keyboard — tweeting against his vice president for fulfilling the duties of his oath to the Constitution,” he said in a statement.

“Lies have consequences,” he continued. “This violence was the inevitable and ugly outcome of the president’s addiction to constantly stoking division.”

Good for Sasse. I hope many Republicans follow suit.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2021, 05:00:35 PM »
I hope I am wrong, but I have deep fears about tomorrow.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2021, 05:00:48 PM »
To my point above about Republicans clearly and strongly denouncing what happened today…part of a statement from Ben Sasse:

“Today, the United States Capitol — the world’s greatest symbol of self-government — was ransacked while the leader of the free world cowered behind his keyboard — tweeting against his vice president for fulfilling the duties of his oath to the Constitution,” he said in a statement.

“Lies have consequences,” he continued. “This violence was the inevitable and ugly outcome of the president’s addiction to constantly stoking division.”

Sasse is one of the few Rs in Congress I genuinely respect. I would honestly consider voting him over certain Ds depending the situation.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2021, 05:02:02 PM »

A lot of us have been warning about this - but we just had trump derangement syndrome.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2021, 05:04:12 PM »
Sasse is one of the few Rs in Congress I genuinely respect. I would honestly consider voting him over certain Ds depending the situation.

Agree. Romney as well. I don’t agree with their policies, but they put the best interest of the nation ahead of any concern about being twitter-bombed by the President.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2021, 05:04:54 PM »
The only good news today is that Harley, Cruz, and Pence are toast in 2024. I doubt any of the 3 will even attempt to run now.

You're so cute I could just pinch your cheeks. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2021, 05:06:00 PM »
You're so cute I could just pinch your cheeks.

My first true LOL moment all day. And I really needed it.

feedback