collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North/NFL Thread 2016-17  (Read 253294 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NFC North/NFL Thread 2016-17
« Reply #1150 on: December 18, 2016, 03:19:14 PM »
For eff's sake that was brutal. Thank God for the non-leader Aaron Rodgers.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1151 on: December 18, 2016, 03:19:42 PM »
PS Bears down.

And Barkley > Cutler.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1152 on: December 18, 2016, 03:20:56 PM »
PS Bears down.

And Barkley > Cutler.

Only because Cutler is a Trump supporter.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1153 on: December 18, 2016, 03:23:45 PM »

Lol. Didn't even know that about him. Even better.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1154 on: December 18, 2016, 03:24:24 PM »
I actually thought Barkley looked ok.

Now the Vikings trading away a first round pick for Sam Bradford was dumb in retrospect.

brandx

« Reply #1155 on: December 18, 2016, 03:28:44 PM »
I'll take credit, I said this was a game to be terrified about if I were a Pack fan, it was easy to see that this would be a walk off type game.

If JAX can somehow win, would be a good day for the Bears.

And I was wrong. I neglected to take the epic collapses under Capers into account.

Is there anyone else who could give up 450 yards to a Barkley-led team? Any one else to give up back-to-back-to-back 75+ yard drives in the 4th quarter?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1156 on: December 18, 2016, 03:35:27 PM »
The Bears should have gone for it and 4th and goal. Why play for the tie when you're 3-10? Unless, of course, they were fine with the L. I mean, they also had no one deep when the only thing that could beat them was a long pass. Hmm...

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1157 on: December 18, 2016, 03:38:34 PM »

The fact that you know who Cutler (and evidently Barkley) voted for seems vaguely creepy.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1158 on: December 18, 2016, 03:40:14 PM »

Cutler supports winners. What's wrong with that?  ;)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1159 on: December 18, 2016, 03:40:47 PM »
The fact that you know who Cutler (and evidently Barkley) voted for seems vaguely creepy.

There was an entire Tribune article on it.

brandx

« Reply #1160 on: December 18, 2016, 03:55:21 PM »

Now the Vikings trading away a first round pick for Sam Bradford was dumb in retrospect.

It was dumb at the time. I said it repeatedly on the day they made the trade and was definitely in the minority.

But....... all of those 5-7 yard completions ARE impressive.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #1161 on: December 18, 2016, 05:09:43 PM »
I'll take credit, I said this was a game to be terrified about if I were a Pack fan, it was easy to see that this would be a walk off type game.

If JAX can somehow win, would be a good day for the Bears.

Come on dish, this game ended up close, but not for any of the reasons you stated including the weather

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1162 on: December 18, 2016, 05:15:20 PM »
Cutler supports winners. What's wrong with that?  ;)

AHH!  So THAT is why Cutler was always throwing the ball to the Packers when they played!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1163 on: December 18, 2016, 05:25:42 PM »

The Vikings are good at dumb.  Whether it's Denny Green pissing away a good shot at an NFC championship by taking a knee against Atlanta in '98, Favre throwing a stupid interception when they had a Super Bowl trip in the bag a few years ago, Adrian Peterson getting suspended for whipping his kid with a stick, or trading a first rounder for Bradford.  They are frequently good enough to do something special, but someone always figures out a way to mess it up.  The Bradford trade didn't hurt them this year, but they will regret it in seasons to come.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1164 on: December 18, 2016, 05:47:21 PM »
Come on dish, this game ended up close, but not for any of the reasons you stated including the weather

We must have two totally different NFL philosophies then, because you could see this coming from a mile away if one watches the NFL on a regular basis.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1165 on: December 18, 2016, 05:52:40 PM »
We must have two totally different NFL philosophies then, because you could see this coming from a mile away if one watches the NFL on a regular basis.

If you would've been told that the game would be tied at 10-10 at halftime and then we got to the 4th quarter and were told the Bears 3rd quarter went fumble, interception, interception (with a Hail Mary INT to end the first half as well) and the game was then 27-10 Pack and you said, "Yup, this game will end with the Bears having the ball at the 5 inside a minute down 3" then you truly are Nostradamus.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #1166 on: December 18, 2016, 06:29:46 PM »
I watch the NFL alot. Teams that have everything to play for in december usually don't let down over teams that have nothing to play for. The packers were up 27 to 10, that wouldn't have happened if your points were valid. Were you saying you were correct at the end of the third quarter?Packers  let up after having a big lead and playing conservate on defense. The bears took advantage and played hard to their credit.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1167 on: December 18, 2016, 06:39:32 PM »
There was an entire Tribune article on it.

That's what you get for reading the corrupt media. Sad. Add the clueless Tribune to the failing NY Times.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1168 on: December 18, 2016, 06:50:03 PM »
It's simple really...the Bears aren't as bad as everyone thinks, the Packers aren't as good as people think, division game in mid December, crummy conditions. Plus...it's football, stuff happens.

As I said, there was a reason Vegas had opened that line at Pack -4. Bears are the hottest team in the NFL with 5 straight covers (including today)...this isn't hard to read between the lines guys.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1169 on: December 18, 2016, 07:14:42 PM »
That's what you get for reading the corrupt media. Sad. Add the clueless Tribune to the failing NY Times.

?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-jay-cutler-donald-trump-election-20161110-story.html

Quotes from Cutler himself, and this is coming from the biggest Cutler supporter for god knows how long.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1170 on: December 18, 2016, 08:12:03 PM »
Bob McGinn, in his article about how the Packers are not in the same class as the Seahawks, wrote about how the Fail Mary call was the correct call and that the ref who made the touchdown call had a "better view of the play than any camera could ever have."  When things are going poorly for the Packers he's all over it and loving writing about it.  When things start rolling for them he just takes these stupid jabs when it's clear that wasn't the right call.

Also, I love how his article following the Falcons game about Rodgers not being a HOF QB yet (LOL) sites his inability to record fourth quarter comeback wins compared to his peers (because he couldn't get 45 yards in 31 seconds after the defense gave up the lead he helped to get in that same 4th quarter).  That is the worst possible statistic to measure a quarterback.  I honestly don't mean to knock Stafford here, I'm just using it as an example of how stupid it is, but Stafford throws a pick 6 in the 4th quarter to fall behind and then goes down and gets a drive to take the lead and eventually win the game, so suddenly he's credited with a "4th quarter comeback" despite the fact that the only reason they had a deficit in the 4th quarter was because he threw a pick 6.  But when Rodgers drives down the field to take a lead and then the defense lets the Falcons score a touchdown to win the game with 31 seconds left it's, "Oh, look at Rodgers, can't win games he trails in the 4th quarter!"

I used to love McGinn.  He's gotten annoying the last 2 years.

By this dumb stat that people throw around Rodgers's play today was "not clutch" because the Packers didn't fall behind in the 4th quarter.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1171 on: December 18, 2016, 09:52:18 PM »
By this dumb stat that people throw around Rodgers's play today was "not clutch" because the Packers didn't fall behind in the 4th quarter.

His team blew a 17-point 4th quarter lead against one of the worst teams in the NFL and he led consecutive three-and-outs during that comeback. I'm not sure that this game is going to be on his list of "clutch performances."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1172 on: December 18, 2016, 10:02:22 PM »
His team blew a 17-point 4th quarter lead against one of the worst teams in the NFL and he led consecutive three-and-outs during that comeback. I'm not sure that this game is going to be on his list of "clutch performances."

Hmm.  Opponent makes a 17-0 run in the 4th mainly due to some horrendous play calling and porous defense to tie the game up inside a minute left, facing 3rd and 11 and the prospect of giving the ball back to the opponent, who has 2 timeouts left, all while understanding your opponent is playing with nothing to lose at home and if you lose the game your season is, for all intents and purposes, over, and he drops an absolute dime 60 yards in the air and it isn't clutch?

Interesting take.  Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on what clutch is then.

::)

And his play never counts as "clutch" when the Packers lead, in large part due to his play, from start to finish in a game, and he's also "not clutch" when he leads his team to a score to take a lead late in the game and then the awful defense we have seen in much of his time as a starter gives up a score to the opponent.  So in order to be "clutch" you have to be just bad enough to not have a lead late in the game but just good enough to take the lead on the last play of the game or your defense very well may give the lead right back.

It's quite possibly the worst possible statistic to measure a quarterback's "clutchness" I've ever heard in my life.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 10:06:21 PM by wadesworld »

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1173 on: December 18, 2016, 10:18:38 PM »
Hmm.  Opponent makes a 17-0 run in the 4th mainly due to some horrendous play calling and porous defense to tie the game up inside a minute left, facing 3rd and 11 and the prospect of giving the ball back to the opponent, who has 2 timeouts left, all while understanding your opponent is playing with nothing to lose at home and if you lose the game your season is, for all intents and purposes, over, and he drops an absolute dime 60 yards in the air and it isn't clutch?

Interesting take.  Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on what clutch is then.

::)

Another, less overdramatic way to view it is that he did nothing for an entire quarter, allowing a bad team to stage a comeback, before throwing a deep ball to a wide open receiver against blown coverage by the safety.

To each his own.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1174 on: December 18, 2016, 10:22:23 PM »
Another, less overdramatic way to view it is that he did nothing for an entire quarter, allowing a bad team to stage a comeback, before throwing a deep ball to a wide open receiver against blown coverage by the safety.

To each his own.

It was by far the most clutch play of the Packers season this far and one of the most clutch plays in a HOF career. So call it what you want but it was incredibly clutch.