collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North/NFL Thread 2016-17  (Read 253263 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NFC North/NFL Thread 2016-17
« Reply #925 on: November 13, 2016, 03:13:00 PM »
I'm not disagreeing with you there.

I probably just emphasized the wrong thing. My problem isn't that Mac's going with Starks as the feature back as he's actually a RB, but more so that Montgomery's roll now appears to be strictly as Starks's backup. From what I can recall I don't think Montgomery has lined up as a WR once this game.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #926 on: November 13, 2016, 03:15:16 PM »
A week from today, the Lions will be in sole possession of first place in the North.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #927 on: November 13, 2016, 03:18:57 PM »
Why?  Do they have a second bye?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #928 on: November 13, 2016, 03:23:10 PM »
A week from today, the Lions will be in sole possession of first place in the North.

You might be right.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #929 on: November 13, 2016, 03:30:34 PM »
It will be an absolute joke if someone doesn't get fired after this.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #930 on: November 13, 2016, 03:31:37 PM »
Why?  Do they have a second bye?

I know they're not great, but they may be the prettiest girl left at the dance.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #931 on: November 13, 2016, 03:40:14 PM »
19 accepted penalties in the Packers / Titans game.

brandx

« Reply #932 on: November 13, 2016, 03:43:18 PM »
Cobb has to go this off-season. You cannot pay $12+ million for what he does on the field.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #933 on: November 13, 2016, 05:02:45 PM »
I know they're not great, but they may be the prettiest girl left at the dance.

I mock the Lions because, well, they have a long history of completely sucking.     My default is to assume they will lose.    This year's team is fascinating to me.    Every game has finished within one possession.    Every game, they have trailed in the 4th.    Every game they either come back late or lose.     They could be 9-0, they could be 0-9.   Stafford is playing extremely well, particularly at crunch time.    The offensive line is young and, amazingly, getting better.   They could be getting healthy.    Get Levy and Slay back and Ansah actually productive and the defense might actually not suck.   
  But they are still the Lions.   At this moment in time, they are a 2 am 7.    A midnight 3.   In the context of the NFC North, they are competitive.    In the context of the NFL, I don't see how this is the year they win their second playoff game in my lifetime. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #934 on: November 13, 2016, 06:01:12 PM »
Time to tear GB down...stuck with with Tollbooth Mike too long...wasted Rodgers.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #935 on: November 13, 2016, 06:05:53 PM »
Glad it's basketball season so I can stop paying attention.

brandx

« Reply #936 on: November 13, 2016, 06:25:58 PM »

I think MU will bring more happiness that GB for a change.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #937 on: November 13, 2016, 06:32:40 PM »
This Steelers / Cowboys game is by far the best game of the year. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #938 on: November 13, 2016, 06:38:52 PM »

And it just got better.  The Cowboys would be absolute morons to go back to Romo.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #939 on: November 13, 2016, 06:42:00 PM »
What a game, wow.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #940 on: November 13, 2016, 08:59:16 PM »
My thought for a new Packers coach:  Darrel Bevell

Did great work with Favre late in his career and runs a much more "modern" offense at Seattle than McCarthy runs.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #941 on: November 13, 2016, 09:16:51 PM »
My thought for a new Packers coach:  Darrel Bevell

Did great work with Favre late in his career and runs a much more "modern" offense at Seattle than McCarthy runs.

I keep thinking McDaniels. I don't know what McDaniels thinks is the ideal place for him, but I'd like the fit there.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #942 on: November 13, 2016, 09:18:14 PM »
I keep thinking McDaniels. I don't know what McDaniels thinks is the ideal place for him, but I'd like the fit there.

That was my thought too.

But the reality is it'll be Mac.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GWSwarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #943 on: November 14, 2016, 10:19:16 AM »

There have been some really amazing games this season. and this is certainly one of them.
Fear makes you dumb.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #944 on: November 14, 2016, 10:46:24 AM »
There have been some really amazing games this season. and this is certainly one of them.

Pats/Seahawks was pretty good too

MU82

• All American
« Reply #945 on: November 14, 2016, 10:57:46 AM »

On the long escalator ride down from the cheap seats to ground level after watching my Panthers blow a 17-0 lead to lose to the Chiefs, I turned to my wife and said:

"Well, two words summarize how I feel right now: Basketball. Season."

I just finished my practice plan for the team I coach in preparation for our game tomorrow. I'm looking forward to watching MU tonight. The Hornets are decent this season. I start reffing youth basketball on Saturday.

I'm all hoops all the time now.

(Or at least I will be until the Panthers finish with 7 straight wins to roll into the playoffs - ha!)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #946 on: November 14, 2016, 12:00:03 PM »
That was my thought too.

But the reality is it'll be Mac.

Unfortunately you are correct. McCarthy should go, but Murphy isn't going to pay, what $10 mil, for McCarthy to sit in a tollbooth somewhere and pay a new coach $5-6 mil. McCarthy and Ted are here until 2019 and then we'll start over....likely with a new QB as well.

What a waste.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #947 on: November 14, 2016, 12:14:10 PM »
"Same Old Jay" made his triumphant return to the Bears yesterday. The team is obviously done with Cutler but the most frustrating part, possibly of the whole Bears' season, is that they have no one else to even throw out there. Matt Barkley is what he is - a journeyman back-up.

Ideally there'd be someone, even a late round pick, to send out there to see what he can do...even if it's throw picks and lead 3-and-outs at least you're attempting to look at the future. For what it's worth right now, I think the Bears should start Barkley from here on out. Worst-case: he plays like Matt Barkley. Best-case: he proves worthy to keep around as a potential starter in case the franchise QB isn't quite ready yet (this is assuming the Bears draft a potential franchise QB).

I'd also like to vote for shutting down Kyle Long for the rest of the season (regardless of the prognosis on his ankle). He's a gamer and obviously won't be too keen on that idea, but let him get healthy and ready to go for 2017.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #948 on: November 14, 2016, 12:18:54 PM »
"Same Old Jay" made his triumphant return to the Bears yesterday. The team is obviously done with Cutler but the most frustrating part, possibly of the whole Bears' season, is that they have no one else to even throw out there. Matt Barkley is what he is - a journeyman back-up.

Ideally there'd be someone, even a late round pick, to send out there to see what he can do...even if it's throw picks and lead 3-and-outs at least you're attempting to look at the future. For what it's worth right now, I think the Bears should start Barkley from here on out. Worst-case: he plays like Matt Barkley. Best-case: he proves worthy to keep around as a potential starter in case the franchise QB isn't quite ready yet (this is assuming the Bears draft a potential franchise QB).

I'd also like to vote for shutting down Kyle Long for the rest of the season (regardless of the prognosis on his ankle). He's a gamer and obviously won't be too keen on that idea, but let him get healthy and ready to go for 2017.

I saw the highlight of one of Jay's throws yesterday and my thought was this: how can a team playing in their white uniforms have their entire shoulders be their secondary/dark colors?  When you're a quarterback with a line in front of you, etc. all you might see is dark shoulders and a dark helmet.  While you obviously should know where your WRs should be, it still might throw you off just enough to at least catch a QBs eyes for a tenth of a second and all of a sudden miss on looking where he should be looking or whatever.  I personally just wonder how you can let that much of a team's jersey be dark when they're wearing white uniforms.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #949 on: November 14, 2016, 12:24:08 PM »
Unfortunately you are correct. McCarthy should go, but Murphy isn't going to pay, what $10 mil, for McCarthy to sit in a tollbooth somewhere and pay a new coach $5-6 mil. McCarthy and Ted are here until 2019 and then we'll start over....likely with a new QB as well.

What a waste.

They are signed through 2018.  I have said this before, but I think they will get 2017, and if more of the same continues, both will be bought out with a year remaining.  The Packers have $275 million in reserve and made nearly $50 million in profit next year.  They have the money.

feedback