collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North/NFL Thread 2016-17  (Read 253281 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: NFC North/NFL Thread 2016-17
« Reply #900 on: November 08, 2016, 12:02:52 PM »
Really it also depends on how good Brett Hundley is.  If they feel he is the future, they should roll with it.  Next year is his third year.

Favre/Rodgers 2.0?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #901 on: November 08, 2016, 12:44:48 PM »
Favre/Rodgers 2.0?

If the Packers can manage to get a third quarterback of that level in a row...

brandx

« Reply #902 on: November 08, 2016, 01:06:17 PM »

It's obvious he hit the jackpot with Rodgers and that's why we won the SB and should have won another by now.  TT has been unable to draft a good defense and now o line.   

This o-line sucks. You can't give a QB that much time to throw. Maybe if they gave him 15 seconds to throw instead of 5, the DBs would get tired and someone could get open.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #903 on: November 08, 2016, 03:11:01 PM »
I don't like Richard Sherman.

But he's very intelligent

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #904 on: November 10, 2016, 06:34:41 AM »
Collin Kaepernik didn't vote and didn't pay attention to the election? Uhh, okay, so that just confirms what I said from the start, that the whole "protesting the injustices in this country" thing was an excuse for getting caught acting like a whiny baby because he lost his starting spot to a terrible football player. You want to "protest the injustices in this country" yet don't take part in your duty as a US citizen...oh yeah, and have a say in what changes might be made in this country? You're a real winner, man.

Way to stand up for those oppressed by oppressing your own voice.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #905 on: November 10, 2016, 07:08:13 AM »
Not voting is a form of protest. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #906 on: November 10, 2016, 07:21:37 AM »
Not voting is a form of protest.

Yup, one that achieves the exact opposite of what he claims to have been protesting for in the first place.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #907 on: November 10, 2016, 07:45:04 AM »
I didn't say it was effective.  I never said anything he was doing was effective. 

It's just not about him losing his job.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #908 on: November 11, 2016, 09:52:01 AM »
He was openly opposed to both major candidates and the system in general, and he's in a state where the result was known well in advance. I'd be more surprised if he did vote.

brandx

« Reply #909 on: November 11, 2016, 03:54:05 PM »
Collin Kaepernik didn't vote and didn't pay attention to the election? Uhh, okay, so that just confirms what I said from the start, that the whole "protesting the injustices in this country" thing was an excuse for getting caught acting like a whiny baby because he lost his starting spot to a terrible football player. You want to "protest the injustices in this country" yet don't take part in your duty as a US citizen...oh yeah, and have a say in what changes might be made in this country? You're a real winner, man.

Way to stand up for those oppressed by oppressing your own voice.

He specifically said he didn't vote because he felt neither candidate would address the issues he was concerned about.

How do you know he doesn't do his duty as a US citizen? We know he sucks as a QB and that he doesn't stand for the national anthem. I doubt you know much more about his life than that.

I would think that wanting to improve the way people that are legally equal - yet ofttimes not treated that way - IS going above and beyond his duty as a citizen.

I would venture that Colin has a much higher moral standard than our future president. The evidence is overwhelmingly in Colin's favor.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #910 on: November 11, 2016, 04:22:22 PM »
He specifically said he didn't vote because he felt neither candidate would address the issues he was concerned about.

How do you know he doesn't do his duty as a US citizen? We know he sucks as a QB and that he doesn't stand for the national anthem. I doubt you know much more about his life than that.

I would think that wanting to improve the way people that are legally equal - yet ofttimes not treated that way - IS going above and beyond his duty as a citizen.

I would venture that Colin has a much higher moral standard than our future president. The evidence is overwhelmingly in Colin's favor.

Uhh, I know he didn't do his duty as a US citizen because, well, he publicly stated as much by saying he didn't vote.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #911 on: November 11, 2016, 04:27:24 PM »
Voting isn't a duty - it is neither a legal nor moral requirement. 

Voting is a right that may, or may not, be exercised. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #912 on: November 11, 2016, 04:28:57 PM »
Voting isn't a duty - it is neither a legal nor moral requirement. 

Voting is a right that may, or may not, be exercised.

It's a civic duty.

brandx

« Reply #913 on: November 11, 2016, 07:50:52 PM »
Uhh, I know he didn't do his duty as a US citizen because, well, he publicly stated as much by saying he didn't vote.

I'm guessing we'll never come to agreement on this issue. :-\

brandx

« Reply #914 on: November 13, 2016, 12:33:57 PM »
Capers has the boys ready to play, again.  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #915 on: November 13, 2016, 12:35:12 PM »
I'm never a fan of a midseason coaching change, don't think it ever fixes anything, but the way this is going I'd go fire Mac at halftime. He's gotta go.

brandx

« Reply #916 on: November 13, 2016, 12:54:48 PM »
Looks like it will be 4 out of 5 weeks giving up 30+ points.

Easy to do when there is no effort whatsoever. They aren't even pretending to try on either side of the ball.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #917 on: November 13, 2016, 01:13:17 PM »
Capers will be updating his LinkedIn at half. I don't know if McCarthy survives to tomorrow, but there is zero chance Capers is employed come Tuesday.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #918 on: November 13, 2016, 01:15:18 PM »
Capers will be updating his LinkedIn at half. I don't know if McCarthy survives to tomorrow, but there is zero chance Capers is employed come Tuesday.

I entirely disagree. It SHOULD go that way, but that's not how it's done in GB.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #919 on: November 13, 2016, 01:37:57 PM »
So for the 2 weeks Mac gave Montgomery a chance to play he was clearly our best offensive weapon. Now we're just going to make him strictly the backup to a 31 year old career backup RB coming off knee surgery. I love it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 01:39:52 PM by wadesworld »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #920 on: November 13, 2016, 01:44:44 PM »
I am baffled. Special teams is a complete joke. How are you going to chop a kickoff to the 10 with 40 seconds left in the half when you know your kick coverage sucks? Kick it out of the end zone! Make them go 50 yards to get points. Instead you make them go 25. How are people this clueless employed to an NFL team?

brandx

« Reply #921 on: November 13, 2016, 02:26:00 PM »

Sadly, there is 0% chance of this happening.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #922 on: November 13, 2016, 02:50:26 PM »
So for the 2 weeks Mac gave Montgomery a chance to play he was clearly our best offensive weapon. Now we're just going to make him strictly the backup to a 31 year old career backup RB coming off knee surgery. I love it.

Starks is approximately a million times better at blitz pickup against a Dick LeBeau defense.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #923 on: November 13, 2016, 03:04:18 PM »

Starks is approximately a million times better at blitz pickup against a Dick LeBeau defense.

He is but why not then have Starks in the backfield and put Montgomery in the slot in Richard Rodgers's spot? I'd rather have a guy in there who at least has a prayer for even 2 YAC on little 3 yard out routes. I think I've seen Geronimo Allison on the field more than Montgomery today. Why?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #924 on: November 13, 2016, 03:09:17 PM »
He is but why not then have Starks in the backfield and put Montgomery in the slot in Richard Rodgers's spot? I'd rather have a guy in there who at least has a prayer for even 2 YAC on little 3 yard out routes. I think I've seen Geronimo Allison on the field more than Montgomery today. Why?

I'm not disagreeing with you there.