collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North/NFL Thread 2016-17  (Read 253250 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: NFC North/NFL Thread 2016-17
« Reply #475 on: September 14, 2016, 03:44:22 PM »
I think moving Bulaga inside is an option.  I mean it all sounds good now, but let's see how it plays out.

brandx

« Reply #476 on: September 14, 2016, 04:09:38 PM »
So the Packers trade up to take a LT (Spriggs) and then extend their LT (Bakhtiari).  Is the plan beyond this year to move Bulaga inside, let Lang go, and Spriggs to RT then?  If so, where does that put Lindsley, just a backup C/G?  If Taylor holds up at LG do they even give Tretter a look at LG with Lindsley at C?

I was thinking going into the season that the Packers would resign one of Lang or Sitton.  Now I'm not exactly sure on that.

Edit: Forgot Lang started at LG.  Could move Bulaga to RG, Spriggs to RT, resign Lang and move him back to LG, and Bakhtiari at LT.  Tretter at C with Lindsley a backup G/C and Taylor a backup G.  That's a pretty rock solid/deep line still.

I still Lang and Tretter to be re-signed.

Tretter's deal will probably come 1st since he is the younger guy.

All three tackles are locked up for at least the next three years.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #477 on: September 16, 2016, 11:18:07 AM »
I wasn't thrilled when the Jets signed Matt Forte, but after two games he looks like a great fit for this offense.  Do you Bears fans think he's near the end of the line?
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #478 on: September 16, 2016, 12:28:46 PM »
I wasn't thrilled when the Jets signed Matt Forte, but after two games he looks like a great fit for this offense.  Do you Bears fans think he's near the end of the line?

Meh, I'm more upset that I had Tyrod Taylor on my bench this week. Even if he does have a great season, it's not like he was the missing piece. He will start to decline soon, that's just how being a running back works, so not losing sleep over it.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #479 on: September 16, 2016, 02:57:28 PM »

I think he's got another year or two left in the tank. Forte takes great care of himself, and is a pro's pro.

If the Bears were in a different place as a team, they'd probably have given him a two year deal (they had/have plenty of cap space). I think they didn't want to commit to paying a soon to be 31 year old back, when overall they're trying to get younger/faster at skill spots. He can certainly still play at a high level, he was a victim of his age and being a RB.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #480 on: September 16, 2016, 02:59:30 PM »
I would have preferred Forte to Starks, but my guess is the Jets paid more than the Packers would even consider.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #481 on: September 16, 2016, 10:48:46 PM »
I would have preferred Forte to Starks, but my guess is the Jets paid more than the Packers would even consider.

Spot on. More money than Ted would want to spend.  Only one ball.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #482 on: September 17, 2016, 09:36:19 AM »
Who do the Vikings play this weekend?

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #483 on: September 17, 2016, 09:37:56 AM »
You know who's  coming to town Real, should be a good one, want to bet lunch?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #484 on: September 17, 2016, 09:53:37 AM »

It's interesting.  The JS writers are talking up the Vikings like they're the second coming of the great Pittsburgh Steelers.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #485 on: September 17, 2016, 10:10:14 AM »

Looking forward to seeing the new stadium. Looks like a really really nice place. At least they have that going for them
don't...don't don't don't don't

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #486 on: September 17, 2016, 10:17:10 AM »
Looking forward to seeing the new stadium. Looks like a really really nice place. At least they have that going for them
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #487 on: September 17, 2016, 10:44:43 AM »
It's interesting.  The JS writers are talking up the Vikings like they're the second coming of the great Pittsburgh Steelers.

Zimmer's defense has traditionally troubled Green Bay.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #488 on: September 17, 2016, 11:22:51 AM »
Zimmer's defense has traditionally troubled Green Bay.

Not really since he's taken over Minnesota, though.  They are averaging nearly 28 points per game against Zimmer's Minnesota teams since he took over, and half of those games came without Jordy Nelson.

(No longer in response to you) The Packers are 10-2-1 against the Vikings since the start of the 2010 season.  Some rivalry...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #489 on: September 17, 2016, 11:42:37 AM »
How did the Bears'  secondary look last Sunday?   Thinking about starting the Bear defense against the Eagles and Wentz.    How do some of you Bears fans think they will do tomorrow?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #490 on: September 17, 2016, 11:56:07 AM »
Lions favored by 6 at home against the Titans.  Levy is injured on defense for Detroit.   This is the kind of game Detroit historically finds a way to lose.   Won't have a chance to watch.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #491 on: September 17, 2016, 12:24:55 PM »
You in town yet? How about you but RC & I dinner at Manny's?

Looking forward to the game, but I fear I'll be asleep by halftime

Manny's.....nummy!  Sturgeon's buying?

We took a tour of the stadium this summer. Very impressive. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 12:31:25 PM by real chili 83 »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #492 on: September 17, 2016, 12:25:15 PM »

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #493 on: September 17, 2016, 12:26:14 PM »
Lions win in a rout.     Their offense is humming with the Cooter running the offense.  If anything their defense is a worry, but the Titans offense has struggled to start the year. 35-17 Lions.  Beloit Memorial's own, Jim Caldwell, has an intriguing team this year.  9-7 imo.

That said, now the Titans will probably throw 40 on the lions.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #494 on: September 17, 2016, 12:30:33 PM »
You know who's  coming to town Real, should be a good one, want to bet lunch?

Dunks, I would buy you lunch regardless.  That sounds good. You're on. 

How sis doing?

I know our fellow scoopers are generous with their prayers when a member is in need.  I won't go into details without Dunks' permission, but if any of you want to offer a prayer for Dunks' family, it would be appreciated. 

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #495 on: September 17, 2016, 12:36:15 PM »
Eat BEFORE you go.  They advertise all this great food on the stadium website...but I went for the opening event (AC Milan vs Chelsea), and many of the stands ran out of food before the game even started.  People were literally walking up to each other asking if they knew of any stands that still had more than just drinks.  Drinks, of course, could be found in abundance.

As for the stadium itself:

The seating, sight lines, etc are awesome.  We had second level seats in the corner of the end zone, and had a perfect view of everything.  As a bonus, we were facing the glass wall that looks toward downtown, so we had a great view of sunset behind the skyline.   A+

The concourses are smaller than I'd expected for a new venue - they look really spacious, but the layout of the food and drink stands creates lines in really inconvenient places so movement is slow.  B-

Access through security checkpoints was the worst part.  There were only 4 checkpoints and people were funneled from really wide areas into very limited "lanes."  Picture yourself coming away from one of the busiest toll booths on the Illinois tollway (where they funnel traffic from about 25 toll booths back into 3 lanes.  Now imagine they just closed the two outside lanes so there's a single lane...and they put a TSA officer there to do body cavity searches on everyone in each car that goes through.  If you can get yourself comfortable with that mental picture, you'll do just fine.  D-

The security lines my still be a problem. Get there early.

I have to believe the food issue will be a non issue.  This game is too big and in the national spotlight for them to risk effing this up.  To highlight the food choices, many menus are created but Anrew Zimmern.  He has been taking an active role with the food choices. 

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #496 on: September 17, 2016, 12:37:55 PM »

Access through security checkpoints was the worst part.  There were only 4 checkpoints and people were funneled from really wide areas into very limited "lanes."  Picture yourself coming away from one of the busiest toll booths on the Illinois tollway (where they funnel traffic from about 25 toll booths back into 3 lanes.  Now imagine they just closed the two outside lanes so there's a single lane...and they put a TSA officer there to do body cavity searches on everyone in each car that goes through.  If you can get yourself comfortable with that mental picture, you'll do just fine.  D-

In today's day and age I'll happily go through rigorous but lengthy security.   Now hopefully they can still be rigorous but more efficient regarding time in the future as technology advances.   That said, I like that they are erring on the side of security.   Packer security was pretty lax.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #497 on: September 17, 2016, 01:31:06 PM »
In today's day and age I'll happily go through rigorous but lengthy security.   Now hopefully they can still be rigorous but more efficient regarding time in the future as technology advances.   That said, I like that they are erring on the side of security.   Packer security was pretty lax.

Generally, I have no issues with security checkpoints.  The issue was with the incredibly small number for a stadium that holds over 64,000 fans.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #498 on: September 17, 2016, 01:36:09 PM »
Lions win in a rout.     Their offense is humming with the Cooter running the offense.  If anything their defense is a worry, but the Titans offense has struggled to start the year. 35-17 Lions.  Beloit Memorial's own, Jim Caldwell, has an intriguing team this year.  9-7 imo.

That said, now the Titans will probably throw 40 on the lions.
I'd like to agree, but this is the Lions
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #499 on: September 17, 2016, 04:33:12 PM »
You in town yet? How about you but RC & I dinner at Manny's?

Looking forward to the game, but I fear I'll be asleep by halftime

I meant on tv, but when things settle down a bit, I'd like to take a ride up and see a game
don't...don't don't don't don't