collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: More Crean Insanity: Crean Screams at Michigan Coach  (Read 19612 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: More Crean Insanity: Crean Screams at Michigan Coach
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2013, 12:51:56 PM »
One thing I can't find is what former IU player and coach Dan Dakich said about the whole brouhaha. Anybody know?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2013, 12:52:06 PM »
Similar to Crean calling the wife of a Memphis fan fat?

Oh snap.

I didn't realize Chico had such a hard on for Joanie. Clearly I touched a nerve with a tongue In cheek comment that neither Joanie nor Tom Crean would ever read.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2013, 12:52:34 PM »
I'm just shocked that Meatchicken would hire someone off a staff where the head coach was put on a 5 year NCAA ban for violations in the very conference that Meatchicken plays in.  Shocking.

Hold on one damn second.  Someone has to tell me WTF a Meatchicken is.  I assume that Chicos is swearing and this is an auto-correct, but I have never seen it before.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2013, 12:57:53 PM »

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2013, 01:01:08 PM »
Spare me that he was cleared by the NCAA.  All the assistants were because they make a lot less money and were allowed to continue on in their careers.
Yes - it's not like he was accused of giving out a t-shirt & ride to a recruit, which the NCAA defines as the line for punishable behavior with ACs
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2013, 01:02:45 PM »

He must get aroused after a win, his hair looks like it has a woody.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2013, 01:03:34 PM »
They hired Kelvin Sampson, he came from a school that has a building named after Barry Switzer.  If IU didn't know who they were getting into bed with, shame on them.

Indiana hired a known cheater from a cheater school where winning at any cost is the mantra. As long as he won and didn't get caught they were totally okay with him. When the cops showed up they all got religion and were "shocked" about all the shenanigans.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2013, 01:08:28 PM »

Hold on one damn second.  Someone has to tell me WTF a Meatchicken is.  I assume that Chicos is swearing and this is an auto-correct, but I have never seen it before.

It's a poor attempt at humor from a singularly unfunny person. Michigan = Meatchicken. Don't he just slay ya?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2013, 01:12:52 PM »
Yes - it's not like he was accused of giving out a t-shirt & ride to a recruit, which the NCAA defines as the line for punishable behavior with ACs

Yep. Sometimes they aren't allowed to continue on in their careers.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2013, 01:14:52 PM »
One thing I can't find is what former IU player and coach Dan Dakich said about the whole brouhaha. Anybody know?

I believe he said, "Tom Crean is an asshat."

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2013, 01:16:22 PM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/78957/it-happens-but-crean-has-to-know-better

"You can’t tell your athletes to behave out in the world, to walk away from arguments and toe the line of decorum and then go running around acting like a testosterone-laced bull while the television cameras are whirring.

The Indiana Twitter posse has rushed to Crean’s defense, saying that Meyer may have said something to the IU coach first -- the old "he started it" argument.

But that doesn’t fly for high-paid coaches any more than it flies for my kids.

Is it hard to walk away if someone calls you a name? Absolutely. But you do anyway. You do if you’re a kid because your mother told you to. You do if you’re an adult because you know it’s the right thing. And you most certainly do if you’re a head coach charged with "molding young men," as coaches like to say they do. "

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2013, 01:17:35 PM »
Yup, he is a child....much like posters (yourself) attacking a coach's wife...all class.
Woa woa woa - When did feminism & women's equality get rolled back on the scoop? Is Joani Crean an adult? Is she a person just as much as TC is?

We don't need to protect her delicate lady-ego. She's a woman

Take it easy - women are people too, Chico
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 01:19:28 PM by sixstrings03 »
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2013, 01:23:03 PM »
Yep. Sometimes they aren't allowed to continue on in their careers.

Was hoping to avoid this thread, but couldn't let this go unchallenged.

Scott Monarch was fired for lying to his bosses and independent investigators brought in to determine whether MU needed to report a violation.
Had MU not been able to determine Monarch had lied, and subsequently passed along a report to the NCAA indicating no violation occurred, that could have opened the program up to serious penalties for misleading the NCAA.
F--- that guy. He sealed his fate when he chose to lie.
And people around here who continue to defend him and play off what he did as no big deal are dead wrong.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2013, 01:25:12 PM »
Was hoping to avoid this thread, but couldn't let this go unchallenged.

Scott Monarch was fired for lying to his bosses and independent investigators brought in to determine whether MU needed to report a violation.
Had MU not been able to determine Monarch had lied, and subsequently passed along a report to the NCAA indicating no violation occurred, that could have opened the program up to serious penalties for misleading the NCAA.
F--- that guy. He sealed his fate when he chose to lie.
And people around here who continue to defend him and play off what he did as no big deal are dead wrong.

Who's defending him? He was fired and should have been. He was not allowed to continue on in his career because he made less money.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2013, 01:27:09 PM »
Anyone find it fitting that a coach who's big on self-promotion and making things all about himself is constantly being defended by a poster who's big on self-promotion and making things all about himself?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2013, 01:37:13 PM »
Anyone find it fitting that a coach who's big on self-promotion and making things all about himself is constantly being defended by a poster who's big on self-promotion and making things all about himself?

Oh the irony...sigh...

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2013, 01:44:00 PM »
Allegedly Crean told him "Thats how you win at Indiana" and then Meyer told him to get bent.  I'll look for the link, it was posted on Twitter this morning when everything came out about the handshake altercation

Classof83

• Walk-On

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2013, 01:53:33 PM »
What I don't understand is how long it took CTC to run back to Meyer to get in his face about the supposed "Eff you".  If it actually happened, why not say something right away?

Cameras.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2013, 01:55:59 PM »
Who's defending him? He was fired and should have been. He was not allowed to continue on in his career because he made less money.

Well, when one suggests he was "not allowed to continue on his career" for giving out a T-shirt and a ride to a recruit, that person is either a) ignorant of the real reason for his firing or b) intentionally obscuring the real reason to minimize his infraction.
The latter seems to be defending him by playing down the serious nature of his f--- up.

And it's not only you. Many times, mostly as a means to bash LW, posters here have written that Monarch was fired for giving out a T-shirt.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2013, 01:57:18 PM »
What I don't understand is how long it took CTC to run back to Meyer to get in his face about the supposed "Eff you".  If it actually happened, why not say something right away?

Cameras.

What we need is a frame-by-frame breakdown of the video.
Or better yet, the Taiwanese video treatment.
Because this stuff is really, really important.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2013, 01:57:50 PM »
I love Crean's smug grin at the end. He's so proud of himself. Wanted to see someone punch him right in his oily, pock-marked face.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2013, 02:05:12 PM »
Allegedly Crean told him "Thats how you win at Indiana" and then Meyer told him to get bent.  I'll look for the link, it was posted on Twitter this morning when everything came out about the handshake altercation

If that's what the notoriously bad loser/bad winner said, he's lucky he didn't get a punch in the face to go with the "go f yourself". Again, Crean started it and had to finish it. Tool.

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Crean Says He Has Apologized to Michigan Assistant
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2013, 02:10:31 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/crean-apologized-michigan-assistant-18703080

The "Tan One" has spoken...

Wow. Beilein vs TC - a classic contrast of class act and ass hat.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2013, 02:40:47 PM »

He still leads a pretty large cheer for Indiana. Hard to disassociate considering his relationship with the school. Can't imagine he'd say anything publicly. I know last week when everyone was drooling over the title celebrations, Dakich said he was perfectly fine with the Hoosiers cutting down the nets.