[Today at 01:06:18 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by Hards Alumni
[Today at 09:57:34 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by warriorchick
[May 18, 2024, 07:14:15 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by WhiteTrash
[May 18, 2024, 01:04:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: F!@£ Nova Chant  (Read 12254 times)

Avenue Commons

• All American
F!@£ Nova Chant
« on: February 09, 2019, 06:56:33 PM »
Completely and totally classless. And in no way original or clever at all. Just trash. I was extraordinarily disappointed and embarrassed by the chant.

And by the way, Villanova, its players, and its coach, are extraordinary. To be in the Big East with them as they put up TWO National Championships is a privilege. History in the making. Today Nova came into a tough environment and almost pulled out a W with clutch plays, sharp shooting, and hustle. If anything earns an F Bomb it’s F’ing RESPECT.

How dare you.

A shameful part of a great win. Apologies to Villanova. And for those of you who say I’m uptight or whatever, know that I object as much to your lack of originality and lack of humor as I do your lack of class. The chant is lame.

We can do better. We Are Marquette. Live up to it. Be The Difference. AMDG.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 07:27:09 PM by mu_hilltopper »
We Are Marquette

Johnny B

• All American
Re: F!@£ Nova Chant
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 07:00:41 PM »
People have complained about this for as long as I can possibly remember. I simply don't care anymore. It's a naughty word said by drunk college kids. Who cares. Every school does something "classes" at some point. I just dont care anymore.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 07:01:24 PM »
Relax

MU_Beav

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 07:02:39 PM »
Well said. I can still remember the stupid ‘digger beats his wife’ chants of the late 80s. We are better than that. All regrettable.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 07:03:26 PM »
Completely and totally classless. And in no way original or clever at all. Just trash. I was extraordinarily disappointed and embarrassed by the chant.

And by the way, Villanova, it’s players, and it’s coach, are extraordinary. To be in the Big East with them as they put up TWO National Championships is a privilege. History in the making. Today Nova came into a tough environment and almost pulled out a W with clutch plays, sharp shooting, and hustle. If anything earns an F Bomb it’s F’ing RESPECT.

How dare you.

A shameful part of a great win. Apologies to Villanova. And for those of you who say I’m uptight or whatever, know that I object as much to your lack of originality and lack of humor as I do your lack of class. The chant is lame.

How dare you?  Hilarious.  Are you f*cking kidding me?

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 07:05:27 PM »
True story: the students were chanting this in the line into Fiserv forum and my 6year old nephew who is a huge MU fan joined in not knowing the true meaning.  It was sort of humorous but disturbing at the same time.   This is why it’s wrong.

If the guy in the row behind you repeatedly yells the F bomb as happened at the game, as a dad with a kid at the game I for sure told him to stop as did others in my row. Kids think it’s normal when a big game. What are we teaching them?
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 07:16:44 PM »
Must be a great season if this is what we have to complain about.

#GetOffMyLawn
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 07:17:44 PM »
True story: the students were chanting this in the line into Fiserv forum and my 6year old nephew who is a huge MU fan joined in not knowing the true meaning.  It was sort of humorous but disturbing at the same time.   This is why it’s wrong.

If the guy in the row behind you repeatedly yells the F bomb as happened at the game, as a dad with a kid at the game I for sure told him to stop as did others in my row. Kids think it’s normal when a big game. What are we teaching them?

I don't participate in such chants but if I drop a few f-bombs in the heat of the moment and your kid overhears it....too bad. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 07:29:28 PM »
Agree with the thesis.  The chant is classless and debases the University.

Oregon Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 07:31:04 PM »

And by the way, Villanova, its players, and its coach, are extraordinary. To be in the Big East with them as they put up TWO National Championships is a privilege. History in the making. Today Nova came into a tough environment and almost pulled out a W with clutch plays, sharp shooting, and hustle. If anything earns an F Bomb it’s F’ing RESPECT.

How dare you.

OMG. College kids shouting profanities from the student section. Oh the humanity!

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 07:31:32 PM »

OMG NOT YOUR SIX YEAR OLD NEPHEW!!!!!???!! 

Keep him home if he’s such a weenie.

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 07:34:01 PM »
I don't participate in such chants but if I drop a few f-bombs in the heat of the moment and your kid overhears it....too bad.

You don’t have kids do you? And if you do can Youvplease bring them to the game so I can come over behind your row and repeatedly yelled f$ck nova and f$ck you ref and see if you care? 
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2019, 07:37:19 PM »
Take the “class” part out of it and you still have the fact that the chant is unimaginative and unoriginal. It’s lame.

Anyone who defends its is also lame as can be and a classless tool. That’s the best you can do? Sad. Grow up. Honestly.

Do better. Be better.
We Are Marquette

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2019, 07:38:26 PM »
It's trash that the students chant the F word. Also, what's up with some of the girls dress like it 90 degrees outside with these tube tops?
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2019, 07:39:53 PM »
OMG NOT YOUR SIX YEAR OLD NEPHEW!!!!!???!! 

Keep him home if he’s such a weenie.

He was yelling the chant with them. He didn’t know better.  So to keep in line with this thread go f$ck yourself tiny

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2019, 07:44:03 PM »

I have no problem with bad language and curse all the time, but doing it loudly in a public setting is extremely rude. 

As for the chant, I thought it was a bad look, but it didn’t surprise me, either.  College kids and all.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2019, 07:48:51 PM »
It's trash that the students chant the F word. Also, what's up with some of the girls dress like it 90 degrees outside with these tube tops?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2019, 07:49:56 PM »
If you’re going to post something VBMG doesn’t agree with be careful, you might be called an idiot through GIF!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2019, 07:52:08 PM »
Do any of you defending the chant realize it exposes you as a classless tool?

Just curious.
We Are Marquette

connie

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2019, 07:52:58 PM »
It is rude.  It is classless.  I'm not going to lecture, but the simple fact is it is rude and classless.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2019, 07:53:05 PM »
You don’t have kids do you? And if you do can Youvplease bring them to the game so I can come over behind your row and repeatedly yelled f$ck nova and f$ck you ref and see if you care?

You're having some trouble distinguishing between a chant, an adult apparently screaming profanities throughout the entire game, and a fan dropping some f-bombs during a close game.  All are very different things.

Whether or not I have children is irrelevant.  I don't but i do have godchildren so please let's set up some time for you to sit behind us at a game. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2019, 07:54:43 PM »
If you’re going to post something VBMG doesn’t agree with be careful, you might be called an idiot through GIF!

Wades, I've got countless ways to call you an idiot. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2019, 07:55:31 PM »
Do any of you defending the chant realize it exposes you as a classless tool?

Just curious.

I don't see anyone defending the chant itself.  Your amazing overreaction is something else entirely. 

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2019, 07:56:36 PM »

A society dies when more and more people say “I don’t care” about small and big things over and over. Will our society die because Vanderbilt Blue Man Group doesn’t care if he helps kids learn to be profane....no. But a million little cuts over time and we bleed to death.

You might not be able to help letting an F fly during the heat of the game but at least care a little that little kids around you hear it.

Why not teach our kids rare profanity (self control) is a sign of maturity.

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2019, 07:57:02 PM »
You're having some trouble distinguishing between a chant, an adult apparently screaming profanities throughout the entire game, and a fan dropping some f-bombs during a close game.  All are very different things.

Whether or not I have children is irrelevant.  I don't but i do have godchildren so please let's set up some time for you to sit behind us at a game.
I’m actually not having trouble distinguishing. All of the above happened at the game today. A fan was thrown out two rows behind me for being so drunk he was repeatedly screaming F$ck at the top of his lungs.

“I do have godchildren”
This made me laugh. Of course you don’t have kids. It’s not worth discussing any further  because you are too dumb to understand.  You are an idiot
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 07:59:23 PM by Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist »