* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MU82
[Today at 09:58:34 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 09:27:42 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by HutchwasClutch
[June 01, 2024, 07:03:02 PM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: F!@£ Nova Chant  (Read 12364 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: F!@£ Nova Chant
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2019, 07:57:08 PM »
Wades, I've got countless ways to call you an idiot.

That cuts deep.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

warriormom

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2019, 07:58:21 PM »
Overall the student section is uninspired.  No profanity cheers heard at the Xavier game.  Do we want to lower ourselves to the Rodent standard?   If that was one of many chants, heard once, okay but that was all they had.  I have always said that people who drop the F bomb as their only adjective sound unintelligent and crude

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2019, 08:00:55 PM »
I’m with the OP. I know this stuff happens, but I wish we didn’t do it.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2019, 08:04:47 PM »
I don't see anyone defending the chant itself.  Your amazing overreaction is something else entirely.

So shoot the messenger. Got it. I’m a bad guy because I think Marquette is better than that chant? I’ll accept that critique.

I stand by my post. Any defense of that chant will not age well. You live with that fact.
We Are Marquette

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2019, 08:10:14 PM »
Agree completely pathetic. The students have not come up with anything original in decades

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2019, 08:10:44 PM »
I have kids.

Anyone who complains about students swearing at a college sporting event is a moron.

It’s called a teachable moment. Your little flower isn’t getting it run up his a$$ by the local priest. He’s hearing a naughty word.

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2019, 08:11:32 PM »
So shoot the messenger. Got it. I’m a bad guy because I think Marquette is better than that chant? I’ll accept that critique.

I stand by my post. Any defense of that chant will not age well. You live with that fact.

Not defending the chant. Just stop with the fainting couch bullsh*t.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2019, 08:11:53 PM »
Sensitive cry babies

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2019, 08:12:32 PM »
I don't get the vitriol on both sides here.

College kids are going to chant dumb profanities or inappropriate things. It ain't the first time and it certainly wont be the last. Does it make it any better? No, but it happens, no need to get bent out of shape. Calling people classless and saying things like how dare you doesn't help your point get across.

Posting on a message board which no students read/post isn't going to do anything. Send an email to the admin, they'll send out an email to the student body, nothing will change rinse and repeat.

On the other side, no need to get all rogue here VBMG. I see where you're coming from, as I'm sure every single person on this board who sat in the student section had at least one profanity laden tirade in their years but can't exactly argue with parents who don't want to expose their children to such things.

Personally, I don't imagine hearing people swear around my future children will bother me one iota, but then again I pretty much grew up in a gym so I could be the exception to the rule.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2019, 08:14:50 PM »
If you would yell “f*ck you” to your mother, then you and I see the world differently and we can agree to disagree.

If you would not, then don’t defend dropping f-bombs in public around children.

It’s not just a matter of class. It’s a matter of respect; respect for your fellow human beings. Especially those that are young.

Saying you don’t care, is everything wrong with our society. It shows a complete and utter selfish disregard for anyone else. Sadly, that’s a plague that curses humanity. The loss of respect and empathy for others is why we see such bitter animosity.

All that said, I find public f-bombs in front of my children a reality and great teaching point for my children. Sometimes the best way to teach what principles to strive for is to point out those you don’t want to emulate and to explain why such lack of respect is something that one should strive to keep out of his or her life. So, thank you for that, I guess.

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2019, 08:19:08 PM »
If you would yell “f*ck you” to your mother, then you and I see the world differently and we can agree to disagree.

It’s not just a matter of class. It’s a matter of respect; respect for your fellow human beings. Especially those that are young.

Saying you don’t care, is everything wrong with our society. It shows a complete and utter selfish disregard for anyone else. Sadly, that’s a plague that curses humanity. The loss of respect and empathy for others is why we see such bitter animosity.

All that said, I find public f-bombs in front of my children a reality and great teaching point for my children. Sometimes the best way to teach what principles to strive for is to point out those you don’t want to emulate and to explain why such lack of respect is something that one should strive to keep out of his or her life. So, thank you for that, I guess.

Keep your kids at home. Problem solved. They’re annoying little pricks anyway.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2019, 08:21:28 PM »

Keep your kids at home. Problem solved. They’re annoying little pricks anyway.

Oh man, just lost all credibility with that one.

In before the lock.

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2019, 08:21:38 PM »

I agree with this completely.  Well said.   Today was definitely a teaching point.  It is what it is.   Unfortunately my son was more preoccupied with the drunk idiot behind us getting thrown out then the game for the entire first half . It is what it is.
What I take issue with is anyone who defends it.   I.e. tiny and VBBG.  Was it one of you guys who got thrown out?
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2019, 08:22:34 PM »
Oh man, just lost all credibility with that one.

You were a prick at that age too.

Apparently you still are.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2019, 08:22:40 PM »
I’m actually not having trouble distinguishing. All of the above happened at the game today. A fan was thrown out two rows behind me for being so drunk he was repeatedly screaming F$ck at the top of his lungs.

“I do have godchildren”
This made me laugh. Of course you don’t have kids. It’s not worth discussing any further  because you are too dumb to understand.  You are an idiot

College students chanting "F*ck Nova" is not clever.  It's also not unusual or worth getting worked up over.

An over-served adult screaming "f*ck" in whatever format at the top of his lungs throughout an entire game, regardless of if there are children or not around, is an idiot. 

A fan that lets some f-bombs fly in the heat of the moment?  To be expected as far as I'm concerned. 

You not being able to distinguish between those scenarios?

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 08:29:20 PM by Vander Blue Man Group »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2019, 08:23:26 PM »
I remember the 'Digger' song and remember when said coach got beer spilled on him.     I can swear with the best.   Act like you've been here before, even if you haven't. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2019, 08:23:55 PM »

Again, not defending the chant.  The sanctimonious "how dare you"?  Hilarious.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2019, 08:26:35 PM »
In Before The F*cking Lock

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2019, 08:27:21 PM »
College students chanting "F*ck Nova" is not clever.  It's also not unusual or worth getting worked up over.

An over-served adult screaming "f*ck" in whatever format at the top of his lungs throughout an entire game, regardless of if there are children or not around, is an idiot. 

A fan that let's some f-bombs fly in the heat of the moment?  To be expected as far as I'm concerned. 

You not being able to distinguish between those scenarios?

Lets vs let’s.  Pretty ironic considering the GIF you posted.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2019, 08:27:22 PM »

I feel like there's some irony in this one. I get that people slip, but when you're in a family friendly, public environment, it's certainly not too much to ask for attendees to have basic self-control, is it?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2019, 08:27:53 PM »

I get where you're coming from but to me it's a massive overreaction.  Comparing cursing at a sporting event to the overall lack of empathy in society today is a stretch. 

If I notice kids around me at an event I'll try not to curse at all.  However, it happens and that's just the reality of taking kids to a sporting event, especially a big game. 

I assume you've never let a naughty word slip out in front of your kids?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2019, 08:28:32 PM »
I feel like there's some irony in this one. I get that people slip, but when you're in a family friendly, public environment, it's certainly not too much to ask for attendees to have basic self-control, is it?

He’s spent too much time in the Wrigley Field bleachers.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2019, 08:29:27 PM »

Joe Ricketts sits in the bleachers?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2019, 08:31:06 PM »
Lets vs let’s.  Pretty ironic considering the GIF you posted.

Apologies for the typo.  You got me 

It's not.  I'm not defending the behavior of a drunk idiot swearing at the top of his lungs throughout an entire half.  That's ridiculous, kids or not. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2019, 08:31:59 PM »

Like clockwork.  You're the best.