collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1127347 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #10900 on: August 18, 2021, 01:58:56 PM »
Ivermectin = snake oil.    Keep peddling that snake oil, keep pimping for the virus.     

Now, maybe, at some point, there will be a peer reviewed study that says ivermectin does all that.    That study does not yet exist.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10901 on: August 18, 2021, 02:31:49 PM »
Ivermectin = snake oil.    Keep peddling that snake oil, keep pimping for the virus.     

Now, maybe, at some point, there will be a peer reviewed study that says ivermectin does all that.    That study does not yet exist.

Because it's being suppressed by big pharma

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10902 on: August 18, 2021, 02:35:29 PM »
Because it's being suppressed by big pharma
And Facebook and YouTube. Don't believe your lying eyes.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10903 on: August 19, 2021, 07:07:56 AM »
so dr smith, how many peer reviewed articles have you read?  i don't know what you do or studied to make you the smartest guy in the room, but you ever hear of the "lancet"?  one of the most respected medical journals in the world...well was, may be a more accurate term.  just because something is "peer reviewed" still doesn't make it the "gold standard"  but you knew that of course. 

ivermectin is an excellent example of what is/has been "peer reviewed" and what hasn't.  youtube and facebook censors any mention of ivormectin and covid.  ivormectin has been around a LONG time, is about $3/dose.  find any "peer reviewed" studies on that? 

https://www.drugawareness.org/editor-of-lancet-medical-research-is-unreliable-at-best-or-completely-fraudulent/

I'm impressed that your friends around here don't tell you to stop making an ass of yourself.  Even privately.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10904 on: August 19, 2021, 10:21:40 AM »
This is what happens when medically illiterate morons/politically blinded people like rocketbrain promote invermectin.

Person Hospitalized After Taking Livestock Ivermectin From Feed Store To Treat COVID-19
https://www.mississippifreepress.org/15002/person-hospitalized-after-taking-livestock-ivermectin-from-feed-store-to-treat-covid-19/

"At least one individual has been hospitalized in Mississippi after ingesting a drug intended for treating worms in livestock, the Mississippi State Department of Health revealed today. The medicine, ivermectin, is not approved for treating COVID-19.

“There are potential toxicities. So it’s something, you know, as you know, I think some people are trying to use it as a preventative, which I think is really kind of crazy. So please don’t do that,” Mississippi State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs said during a discussion on Zoom today.

“You know, for the life of me, I don’t get it. Dr. Dobbs, you have a vaccine that’s safe and effective. And yet people, as opposed to getting the vaccine, want to go after these kinds of things,” MSDH Communications Director Liz Sharlot said during today’s Zoom discussion."

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10905 on: August 19, 2021, 01:18:55 PM »
Yep ... should just stick with demon seed.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10906 on: August 19, 2021, 02:09:08 PM »
Yep ... should just stick with demon seed.
But it's only $3/dose! Or so I have been told. Of course, bleach is only about $0.10/dose.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10907 on: August 19, 2021, 03:07:33 PM »
Of course, bleach is only about $0.10/dose.

Come on! He was being sarcastic!

While he calmly looked right at Dr. Birx and went on and on while asking her to look into the science of injecting humans with disinfectant.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10908 on: August 19, 2021, 03:12:01 PM »
Come on! He was being sarcastic!

While he calmly looked right at Dr. Birx and went on and on while asking her to look into the science of injecting humans with disinfectant.

C'mon man.  I know it's funny, but you're just poking bears with crap like this.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10909 on: August 19, 2021, 04:00:25 PM »
Took my dogs to the vet today for their annual shots and picked up their heart worm prevention pills...which I noticed are invermectin based.

Looks like I am going to be COVID-free for the next six months! (Sorry, doggies, you're just going to have to chance it).

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10910 on: August 19, 2021, 09:18:48 PM »
Hickenlooper (D-Senator) tests positive for C19.

Thoughts.

Prayers.

Is that how this works?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10911 on: August 19, 2021, 09:26:26 PM »

Thoughts.

Prayers.

Is that how this works?

What were his views/stances surrounding covid mitigation prior to infection?

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10912 on: August 19, 2021, 09:31:48 PM »
What were his views/stances surrounding covid mitigation prior to infection?

Doesn’t matter, he got it.

Thoughts.

Prayers.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #10913 on: August 19, 2021, 09:32:37 PM »

Thoughts.

Prayers.

Is that how this works?
Depends. Did he actively minimize the severity of COVID, minimize necessity of precautions (masking, quarantine, distancing, etc.), or withhold aid from those who are suffering the most from the pandemic? If the answer is "yes" then you are doing it correct. If "no"....... well you know what that means.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10914 on: August 19, 2021, 09:39:53 PM »
Depends. Did he actively minimize the severity of COVID, minimize necessity of precautions (masking, quarantine, distancing, etc.), or withhold aid from those who are suffering the most from the pandemic? If the answer is "yes" then you are doing it correct. If "no"....... well you know what that means.

If he got it that means he wasn’t taking the necessary precautions so despite what he said his actions were obviously different.

I don’t make the rules, sorry.

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #10915 on: August 19, 2021, 09:47:55 PM »
If he got it that means he wasn’t taking the necessary precautions so despite what he said his actions were obviously different.

I don’t make the rules, sorry.
Specifically what actions of his were obviously different? If he was hypocritical, yes he very much is to blame for his actions.
If you don't know that he was hypocritical in his actions and you are just trying to play the "gotcha" game just say "I'm pointing out that people who try to do all the right things can also get COVID and I'm trying to equate that to people who use their positions of authority to directly undermine public health"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10916 on: August 19, 2021, 09:49:39 PM »
Those are called breakthrough cases.   And another reminder that this isn't remotely over.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10917 on: August 19, 2021, 09:56:36 PM »
Specifically what actions of his were obviously different? If he was hypocritical, yes he very much is to blame for his actions.
If you don't know that he was hypocritical in his actions and you are just trying to play the "gotcha" game just say "I'm pointing out that people who try to do all the right things can also get COVID and I'm trying to equate that to people who use their positions of authority to directly undermine public health"

There’s been quite a few instances of politicians saying one thing and getting caught doing the exact opposite.  I have no idea the details of Hickenlooper’s case but I’ll give him the same benefit of the doubt this board gives other elected officials. 

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #10918 on: August 19, 2021, 10:05:29 PM »
There’s been quite a few instances of politicians saying one thing and getting caught doing the exact opposite.  I have no idea the details of Hickenlooper’s case but I’ll give him the same benefit of the doubt this board gives other elected officials.
Cool. So.....
"I'm pointing out that people who try to do all the right things can also get COVID and I'm trying to equate that to people who use their positions of authority to directly undermine public health"
As I've said, if he's used his position to undermine public health or been a hypocrite in his actions then 'thoughts and prayers' away. If he hasn't, your political projecting should be apparent to even you.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10919 on: August 19, 2021, 10:08:36 PM »
Cool. So.....As I've said, if he's used his position to undermine public health or been a hypocrite in his actions then 'thoughts and prayers' away. If he hasn't, your political projecting should be apparent to even you.

Do you know what his actions have been?   I assume he was not wearing a mask in close proximity or someone, which I imagine is hypocritical to what he suggests his constituents do.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 10:10:25 PM by PaceArrow02 »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10920 on: August 20, 2021, 06:29:11 AM »
Do you know what his actions have been?   I assume he was not wearing a mask in close proximity or someone, which I imagine is hypocritical to what he suggests his constituents do.

You should probably take a break.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10921 on: August 20, 2021, 06:42:08 AM »

How else would he have gotten it?  Or are you saying masks don’t work?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10922 on: August 20, 2021, 06:58:25 AM »
Trolling is hard work.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10923 on: August 20, 2021, 06:58:38 AM »
How else would he have gotten it?  Or are you saying masks don’t work?

You're going to try to turn this in to an absolutist argument?  Now?  lol.

I'm not excusing or claiming to know his behavior, but you do realize that saying 'thoughts and prayers' like many others have been doing around here towards this guy is objectively different from saying it to someone like Andre Jacque... don't you?

I mean, it's fundamental to the understanding of schadenfreude.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #10924 on: August 20, 2021, 07:02:16 AM »
You're going to try to turn this in to an absolutist argument?  Now? lol.

I'm not excusing or claiming to know his behavior, but you do realize that saying 'thoughts and prayers' like many others have been doing around here towards this guy is objectively different from saying it to someone like Andre Jacque... don't you?

I mean, it's fundamental to the understanding of schadenfreude.

He's just doing what he's spent the entire pandemic doing. There hasn't been a single post made in good faith from him at any point. Why would we think he would do so now?

feedback