collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1127482 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #9425 on: December 30, 2020, 11:45:11 AM »
As I said, this says a lot about you.

What does it say?  That I don't care about this objectively terrible person dying of a disease he didn't believe in, and actively encouraged others to spread?

If he'd have coughed in people's faces and laughed about it, would that do it for you?  Where is your line?  Don't have one?  Feel great about everyone?  How about the Blackwater guys that Trump pardoned?  They murdered children for fun.  Should I feel bad when they die?  Do you actively feel bad about every single person who dies?  Or do you expect anyone to believe that you do?  How's the air up on that high horse of yours.

There is a zero chance that you felt bad when you read this story.  You probably felt nothing for this man, nor did you even know of his existence until he died.  And don't give me that, 'every death is a tragedy' trope. 

This guy put himself and others in harms way for political gain, and he paid the price of denying a deadly disease.  He died.  I didn't laugh about it, I just won't feel sorry for him, nor people like him. 

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #9426 on: December 30, 2020, 12:04:09 PM »

How very Christian of you.

Your statement is no better than those you are vilifying.

The man wrecklessly endangered himself, his family, and others. Would you have the same sympathy for a drunk driver that killed himself, while endangering others?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #9427 on: December 30, 2020, 12:11:25 PM »
The man wrecklessly endangered himself, his family, and others. Would you have the same sympathy for a drunk driver that killed himself, while endangering others?

I think there is a line between not bending over backwards with sympathy and cheering / celebrating someone's death.  I feel bad for his family and I pray this opens the eyes and minds of politicians who share his same beliefs he did.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9428 on: December 30, 2020, 12:13:36 PM »
You guys have really been going down some personal rabbit-holes lately.  I mean, more than usual.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #9429 on: December 30, 2020, 12:46:25 PM »
What does it say?  That I don't care about this objectively terrible person dying of a disease he didn't believe in, and actively encouraged others to spread?

If he'd have coughed in people's faces and laughed about it, would that do it for you?  Where is your line?  Don't have one?  Feel great about everyone?  How about the Blackwater guys that Trump pardoned?  They murdered children for fun.  Should I feel bad when they die?  Do you actively feel bad about every single person who dies?  Or do you expect anyone to believe that you do?  How's the air up on that high horse of yours.

There is a zero chance that you felt bad when you read this story.  You probably felt nothing for this man, nor did you even know of his existence until he died.  And don't give me that, 'every death is a tragedy' trope. 

This guy put himself and others in harms way for political gain, and he paid the price of denying a deadly disease.  He died.  I didn't laugh about it, I just won't feel sorry for him, nor people like him. 

As I said, your statements are just as bad as his.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9430 on: December 30, 2020, 12:48:00 PM »

lol okay bud

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #9431 on: December 30, 2020, 01:03:15 PM »

Do you believe all evil/bad is the same? No degrees of badness?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9432 on: December 30, 2020, 01:10:26 PM »

Well that's a vast over statement. There's a difference between dancing on the grave and acknowledging that his own stupidity lead to his death and possibly others thus not feeling sympathy for him. I feel empathy for his friends and family especially children and spouse but for him? No way, he could have very easily still been alive to spend New Years with his family.
Maigh Eo for Sam

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #9433 on: December 30, 2020, 01:39:16 PM »
I think there is a line between not bending over backwards with sympathy and cheering / celebrating someone's death.  I feel bad for his family and I pray this opens the eyes and minds of politicians who share his same beliefs he did.

Did Herman Cain's death open eyes/minds?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9434 on: December 30, 2020, 01:55:13 PM »

How very Christian of you.

Your statement is no better than those you are vilifying.

So he's not allowed to make a a statement saying essentially don't be an idiot and expect not to die but you're allowed to make this snarky quote about Herman Cain's death aftern Ners called him a great critical thinker?

Apparently not critical enough however.

You're throwing stones in glass houses sultan.
Maigh Eo for Sam

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9435 on: December 30, 2020, 03:08:48 PM »
In fightin' amongst da woke? Shameful aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9436 on: December 30, 2020, 04:46:20 PM »
Maryanne should have stayed on the island with Gilligan.   RIP Dawn Wells.  COVID got her.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #9437 on: December 30, 2020, 06:34:48 PM »
In fightin' amongst da woke? Shameful aina?

It is amazing what can happen when one is capable of independent thought.  aina?

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #9438 on: December 30, 2020, 07:58:38 PM »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #9439 on: December 30, 2020, 09:07:43 PM »
"Indiana University Hospital CEO is under fire for saying black doctor who complained of racist treatment before dying of COVID-19 'intimidated her nursing team'"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9093969/amp/Hospital-CEO-fire-saying-black-doctor-died-COVID-intimidated-nursing-team.html?__twitter_impression=true

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9440 on: December 31, 2020, 06:14:11 PM »
Super-sad story about a 51-year-old high school basketball coach with no underlying conditions who died after getting infected with COVID-19.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article248151610.html?ac_cid=DM354898&ac_bid=-994577923

None of us are doing OK this week. On Sunday night, Jamie Seitz died. The cause of death was COVID-19, according to his family. He was 51 years old.

Seitz had been teaching and coaching as usual until early December. He had no known underlying health conditions. He left behind his wife, Liz, his 17-year-old son, Carter, his 13-year-old daughter, Peyton, and a school that is utterly devastated.

One week before he died, on Dec. 20, Seitz and I had a text conversation. The coach was inside his hospital room. The family had rigged it up with a Nerf basketball goal hanging off the TV, one they bought at Target at his daughter’s suggestion so he could think about something besides his oxygen levels.

Seitz was unable to speak because of shortness of breath, but he could use his phone. He told me that his COVID-19 diagnosis, first received Dec. 9, had been complicated by pneumonia. Breathing was difficult when he moved in any direction.

“If I turn, I can’t breathe,” he texted. “If I sit up, I can’t breathe.”

But like a good coach, Seitz mainly wanted to praise his team — his family, nurses, doctors, students, teachers and fellow coaches.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9441 on: December 31, 2020, 07:32:51 PM »
People in West Virginia went to a clinic to get the Moderna vaccine, and were given the Regeneron antibody treatment instead. Yikes!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/31/us/west-virginia-coronavirus-vaccine-antibodies-mistake-trnd/index.html

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9442 on: December 31, 2020, 11:37:15 PM »
People in West Virginia went to a clinic to get the Moderna vaccine, and were given the Regeneron antibody treatment instead. Yikes!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/31/us/west-virginia-coronavirus-vaccine-antibodies-mistake-trnd/index.html

tomato ... tomahto
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #9443 on: January 01, 2021, 02:36:10 PM »
This is not good for those hoping that herd immunity can be reached naturally.  Manaus may have the most spread in the world as percentage of population.

https://twitter.com/covidserology/status/1345069530138038272?s=21

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9444 on: January 01, 2021, 04:15:38 PM »
This is not good for those hoping that herd immunity can be reached naturally.  Manaus may have the most spread in the world as percentage of population.

https://twitter.com/covidserology/status/1345069530138038272?s=21

Yep. If we took the herd immunity approach from the start, the economy would be so decimated by 2025 that we would be looking back at 2020 as ‘the good old days.’

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #9445 on: January 02, 2021, 12:29:00 AM »
Mark Meadows, President Trump's chief of staff, reportedly convinced Trump not to introduce a nationwide mask mandate, The New York Times reported Thursday.

According to the Times, Meadows said such a mandate would alienate Trump's strongest supporters: "The base will revolt," he said.

In other words, the health of the American people didn’t matter. The election was a hell of a lot more important that a couple hundred thousand dead Americans.

18 more days till the traitorous monsters are gone. Then we can start a vaccination program.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9446 on: January 02, 2021, 12:33:39 PM »
Maybe Mexico will want to build a wall to keep stupid and self-centered Americans out....

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/02/world/americas/virus-mexico-visitors.html?action=click&module=News&pgtype=Homepage

In November, more than half a million Americans came to Mexico — of those, almost 50,000 arrived at Mexico City’s airport, according to official figures, less than half the number of U.S. visitors who arrived in November last year, but a surge from the paltry 4,000 that came in April, when much of Mexico was shut down. Since then, numbers have ticked up steadily: between June and August, U.S. visitors more than doubled.

The surge, however, comes as Mexico City enters a critical phase of the pandemic; hospitals are so stretched that many sick people are staying home as their relatives struggle to buy them oxygen. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advised Americans to avoid all travel to Mexico.

The capital’s health care system “is basically overwhelmed,” said Mr. Tello, via WhatsApp message. “The worst is yet to come.”

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #9447 on: January 02, 2021, 12:43:28 PM »
https://universalparksnewstoday.com/2020/12/photos-video-massive-crowds-descend-upon-universal-orlando-resort-for-new-years-eve-theme-parks-not-yet-closed-for-capacity/

New Year’s Eve at Universal. At daybreak, for early opening. It looked nuts.
We are never getting out of this.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9448 on: January 02, 2021, 01:20:14 PM »
https://universalparksnewstoday.com/2020/12/photos-video-massive-crowds-descend-upon-universal-orlando-resort-for-new-years-eve-theme-parks-not-yet-closed-for-capacity/

New Year’s Eve at Universal. At daybreak, for early opening. It looked nuts.
We are never getting out of this.

After all these months, it's heartbreaking that so many people either don't know or don't care that masks have to cover their noses to be effective. If the administration had taken this seriously, it would have mandated masks as soon as CDC recommended them, and blanketed the country with PSAs so every American knows exactly how to wear them properly.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9449 on: January 02, 2021, 02:05:43 PM »

After all these months, it's heartbreaking that so many people either don't know or don't care that masks have to cover their noses to be effective. If the administration had taken this seriously, it would have mandated masks as soon as CDC recommended them, and blanketed the country with PSAs so every American knows exactly how to wear them properly.
But wouldn't that take time away from golfing and grifting?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.