[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1128186 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #7650 on: July 27, 2020, 07:00:12 PM »
Of course...who wouldn't have guessed that all the same Radical left whack jobs that infiltrate these boards wouldn't immediately dismiss this as being bunk because they simply don't want to hear it. It's so freaking nauseating how none of you will EVEN consider an alternate opinion/theory simply because of your agendas against bad orange man, and that is ALL it is. It's like clockwork...if it's not what they want to believe(even though she's a doctor and we are just message board posters), bash, bash, bash and dismiss. Although Fluffy is the closest thing we have on these boards to Dr. Fauci...just ask him.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7651 on: July 27, 2020, 07:08:05 PM »
Of course...who wouldn't have guessed that all the same Radical left whack jobs that infiltrate these boards wouldn't immediately dismiss this as being bunk because they simply don't want to hear it. It's so freaking nauseating how none of you will EVEN consider an alternate opinion/theory simply because of your agendas against bad orange man, and that is ALL it is. It's like clockwork...if it's not what they want to believe(even though she's a doctor and we are just message board posters), bash, bash, bash and dismiss. Although Fluffy is the closest thing we have on these boards to Dr. Fauci...just ask him.
Is it possible that you are overlooking a more logical and obvious answer? Namely that your mind is clouded because you are being ridden by a Spirit Wife? Dr. Stella can help you with that! (And your COVID, too, of course).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=644&v=CJrJG9xymts&feature=emb_logo
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #7652 on: July 27, 2020, 07:13:47 PM »
Is it possible that you are overlooking a more logical and obvious answer? Namely that your mind is clouded because you are being ridden by a Spirit Wife? Dr. Stella can help you with that! (And your COVID, too, of course).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=644&v=CJrJG9xymts&feature=emb_logo

So what you're saying is...it's not even REMOTELY possible, that she has in fact treated 350 patients with it and had a 100% success rate?? NOT even a smidge possible?? If no, you would know that how exactly Tony?? Did you witness her NEVER doing it?? Or, is it something else?? At least unlike a lot of you, I'm willing to listen and consider possibilities.

So if I post this from everyone's favorite news source CNN, does it get your attention?? https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/health/hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-detroit-study/index.html

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #7653 on: July 27, 2020, 07:15:42 PM »

"Bad orange man" has no association - that I know of - with flat earthers. But I don't agree with flat earthers because of what science has demonstrated on that argument. My stance has on this has nothing to do with any sort of political bias.

Similarly, my support/agreement with science extends to all areas. Including covid and associated HCQ treatment.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #7654 on: July 27, 2020, 07:16:05 PM »
So what you're saying is...it's not even REMOTELY possible, that she has in fact treated 350 patients with it and had a 100% success rate?? NOT even a smidge possible?? If no, you would know that how exactly Tony?? Did you witness her NEVER doing it?? Or, is it something else?? At least unlike a lot of you, I'm willing to listen and consider possibilities.

So if I post this from everyone's favorite news source CNN, does it get your attention?? https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/health/hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-detroit-study/index.html

I’m not worried about it.  It’s going to disappear one day
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #7655 on: July 27, 2020, 07:16:31 PM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7656 on: July 27, 2020, 07:19:05 PM »

No, you are right, you're right. We should DEFINITELY take seriously the woman that believes in witchcraft and succubi. LOL
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #7657 on: July 27, 2020, 07:30:49 PM »
No, you are right, you're right. We should DEFINITELY take seriously the woman that believes in witchcraft and succubi. LOL

Interesting that you blatantly ignored the article from yours and other libs favorite news source CNN..how come??  ?-(

muguru

• All American
« Reply #7658 on: July 27, 2020, 07:32:56 PM »
I’m not worried about it.  It’s going to disappear one day

This is actually true. It will be gone one day...whether because of a vaccine or herd immunity or some other method, but it WILL be gone/disappear one day. Unless you think it will be around forever at the same level it is now??

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #7659 on: July 27, 2020, 07:38:14 PM »
This is actually true. It will be gone one day...whether because of a vaccine or herd immunity or some other method, but it WILL be gone/disappear one day. Unless you think it will be around forever at the same level it is now??

I have full faith in the current administration to lead us to victory over Covid-19.  Their zeal in fighting this pandemic from day one dwarfs the results of the rest of the world.  Historians will one day look back in wonder at the job the United States, leaders of the free world, home of the brightest minds and ask how we could defeat this enemy while the rest of the world wallowed in record cases and deaths for months. 

muguru

• All American
« Reply #7660 on: July 27, 2020, 07:46:34 PM »

Gonna dismiss the virology journal article from 2005?? Probably fake, I guess...

https://stacks.cdc.gov/view/cdc/3620

Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread  Huh...who knew??  ::)

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #7661 on: July 27, 2020, 07:47:07 PM »

Vaccines make illnesses disappear.

Signed,
Measles, Chickenpox and Influenza

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #7662 on: July 27, 2020, 07:49:42 PM »
Gonna dismiss the virology journal article from 2005?? Probably fake, I guess...

Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread  Huh...who knew??  ::)

Too bad Biden is in charge of the CDC

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #7663 on: July 27, 2020, 07:54:55 PM »
Interesting that you blatantly ignored the article from yours and other libs favorite news source CNN..how come??  ?-(

I’m not sure about the labels and name calling.  But personally I don’t trust any ONE source for anything. Usually multiple for and one against is enough to inform my opinion. 

muguru

• All American
« Reply #7664 on: July 27, 2020, 07:57:00 PM »
Too bad Biden is in charge of the CDC

;D Before or after someone blows into his nostrils to get him going??

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7665 on: July 27, 2020, 07:57:20 PM »
Vaccines make illnesses disappear.

Signed,
Measles, Chickenpox and Influenza

Co-signed,

Polio

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7666 on: July 27, 2020, 08:06:46 PM »
Search my post history, I shared my thoughts way back when that study came out.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7667 on: July 27, 2020, 08:11:08 PM »

Haven't you embarrassed yourself enough?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #7668 on: July 27, 2020, 08:14:17 PM »

The paper you link is one of the reasons the drug was initially tried in China and elsewhere. That study looked at a couple different factors. It looked at the initial ability of SARS to infect primate cells (specifically Green Monkey Kidney cells). They found that dosages of chloroquine above 0.1 micromolar began to inhibit infectivity (abolished about 10 micromolar).

They then looked at whether chloroquine could reduce spread from previously infected primate cells. They found that at 1 micromolar concentrations, with half-maximal effects observed at 4.4 micromolar.

They then did some mechanistic work to attempt to identify a mode of action, observing two possible reasons (pH and ACE2 processing). The study is well done, which is why there have been followups in clinical settings. Now, the doesn't mean anything in terms of efficacy.

Even at that, the dosages there are quite high. I would usually want to see efficacy with at least 1000-fold lower concentrations, but since HCQ clears pretty slowly, the high-dose regimes tested in some areas would generate blood levels in the "therapeutic range" observed in cell culture.

All the above is exactly why this was tested. Sadly, the clinical trials showed HCQ has no therapeutic benefit. Also, sadly, this isn't unusual when going from initial phases of drug discovery to actual usage.

I've seen countless demonstrations of completely curing diabetes, Alzheimers, Parkinson's, cancer, etc., in even mouse models, that had no effect whatsoever in human. One recent diabetes treatment I had seen was remarkable, 1-week treatment completely cured diabetes, no need for further treatment and never returned. Nothing, nada, zip, in human models/trials. Going from a primate cell model to humans is an even longer and more challenging jump.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #7669 on: July 27, 2020, 08:22:47 PM »
The paper you link is one of the reasons the drug was initially tried in China and elsewhere. That study looked at a couple different factors. It looked at the initial ability of SARS to infect primate cells (specifically Green Monkey Kidney cells). They found that dosages of chloroquine above 0.1 micromolar began to inhibit infectivity (abolished about 10 micromolar).

They then looked at whether chloroquine could reduce spread from previously infected primate cells. They found that at 1 micromolar concentrations, with half-maximal effects observed at 4.4 micromolar.

They then did some mechanistic work to attempt to identify a mode of action, observing two possible reasons (pH and ACE2 processing). The study is well done, which is why there have been followups in clinical settings. Now, the doesn't mean anything in terms of efficacy.

Even at that, the dosages there are quite high. I would usually want to see efficacy with at least 1000-fold lower concentrations, but since HCQ clears pretty slowly, the high-dose regimes tested in some areas would generate blood levels in the "therapeutic range" observed in cell culture.

All the above is exactly why this was tested. Sadly, the clinical trials showed HCQ has no therapeutic benefit. Also, sadly, this isn't unusual when going from initial phases of drug discovery to actual usage.

I've seen countless demonstrations of completely curing diabetes, Alzheimers, Parkinson's, cancer, etc., in even mouse models, that had no effect whatsoever in human. One recent diabetes treatment I had seen was remarkable, 1-week treatment completely cured diabetes, no need for further treatment and never returned. Nothing, nada, zip, in human models/trials. Going from a primate cell model to humans is an even longer and more challenging jump.

I have seen reports from several doctors that have said the key to chloroquin working is to administer it early and combine it with zinc. That's the key apparently. It's WHEN you administer it more than anything.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #7670 on: July 27, 2020, 08:28:51 PM »
I have seen reports from several doctors that have said the key to chloroquin working is to administer it early and combine it with zinc. That's the key apparently. It's WHEN you administer it more than anything.

Plenty for the taking—in fact the government has a bunch.  I would get in now guru.  You can make millions reselling this. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #7671 on: July 27, 2020, 08:32:06 PM »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #7674 on: July 27, 2020, 09:04:59 PM »
It’s a far leap to link this to covid.

He said he’s too busy fighting the virus to throw out the first pitch. Totally related. I think he said it in between rounds of golf.