collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1127372 times)

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #3975 on: April 13, 2020, 10:34:49 PM »
https://twitter.com/rcallimachi/status/1249776929579958273?s=21

Not great, Bob.

Florida has an admitted backlog of 1400, but that is just the Dept of Health backlog, most testing is processed by private labs and they estimate the actual backlog may be 10x that number.

It is interesting that some local officials in Florida are urging people to be tested. Um, how exactly?????

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3976 on: April 13, 2020, 10:41:45 PM »
While this should likely go elsewhere, I had to share. This is not from the Onion.

WWE deemed 'essential business' in Florida, will resume live shows

https://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/29031903/wwe-deemed-essential-business-florida-mayor-says

WWE initially was not designated as essential and therefore was not exempt from the state's shelter-in-place order, which took effect April 3 and runs through at least April 30. That decision was reversed after "some conversation" with DeSantis' office, Demings said Monday during a news conference.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3977 on: April 13, 2020, 10:46:29 PM »
Trump makes claim that he has dictatorial powers today.

Every American should be forced to watch the crazy man at today’s briefing.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #3978 on: April 13, 2020, 10:48:30 PM »

I've known he was crazy from th beginning so no reason for me to subject myself to the briefing, I mean campaign rally.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3979 on: April 13, 2020, 11:22:41 PM »

To not infect the others around you? Yes we're all social distancing but if I've got a sinus infection I'm still going to the grocery store and eating with my gf and family. If I'm positive I'm locking myself in my room and hoping by the grace of god they don't get it.

Yep. If I go from thinking I might have it to knowing I do have it, I would further separate myself from my wife and kids.

And I also feel a responsibility to society to do my tiny part to help make the stats as accurate as possible, so the epidemiologists can better fight the disease. Yeah, I know the stats are far from complete right now, but I would still want to do the right thing if tests are available and recommended for the symptoms I have.

We are all in this together.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3980 on: April 13, 2020, 11:29:23 PM »

And only a week after he claimed he didn’t have the authority to tell governors to close their states down.

The scary thing is that neither he nor many of his supporters seem to see the contradiction.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #3981 on: April 13, 2020, 11:43:49 PM »
Total authority - zero responsibility. What a gig!

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #3982 on: April 13, 2020, 11:53:21 PM »
From the NYT:

Corporate leaders are increasingly announcing donations or taking pay cuts to help respond to the pandemic — and, quite probably, to keep the political heat off.

Jack Dorsey plans to donate $1 billion of his holdings in Square, or a third of his net worth, to coronavirus relief programs. The L.L.C. he is founding with the money will track its expenditure publicly via this Google Doc. It was the single biggest gift announced by a business leader thus far, but only the latest in a growing list:

• Jeff Bezos and the foundations of Michael Dell and of Bill Gates have each pledged $100 million to causes like food banks and vaccine development efforts.
• Michael Bloomberg’s philanthropic organization is spending $40 million on rapid-response teams, with a focus on Africa.
• In the finance world, Leon Black of Apollo has pledged $20 million to provide New York City health care workers with food and supplies, while Ken Griffin and other executives at Citadel have promised $15 million for vaccines and treatments.

Other chiefs are taking pay cuts. A variety of industry figures — such as Oscar Munoz of United Airlines, Arne Sorenson of Marriott, Bob Iger of Disney and Jes Staley of Barclays — are forgoing part of their pay. As top executives learned during the 2008 financial crisis, continuing to earn big bucks while workers take salary cuts or furloughs is a sure way to draw harsh scrutiny.

It goes far beyond PR for WILLIAM GATES (the bad one). To the NYT, I suggest an expose featuring the works of RFK Jr. on Gates’ “Stategic Philanthropy”. What about the carnage his under-researched  polio vaccine did in India, leading to hundreds of thousands of Indian youth getting vaccine-strain paralysis? It’s amazing what you can get away with some charitable sleight of hand. The NYT should know better than trumpeting billionaire political access-seeking. Also, maybe research what BMGF gives annually to WHO for starters. Hint: less than USA but considerably more than China.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #3983 on: April 14, 2020, 12:01:13 AM »
It goes far beyond PR for WILLIAM GATES (the bad one). To the NYT, I suggest an expose featuring the works of RFK Jr. on Gates’ “Stategic Philanthropy”. What about the carnage his under-researched  polio vaccine did in India, leading to hundreds of thousands of Indian youth getting vaccine-strain paralysis? It’s amazing what you can get away with some charitable sleight of hand. The NYT should know better than trumpeting billionaire political access-seeking. Also, maybe research what BMGF gives annually to WHO for starters. Hint: less than USA but considerably more than China.

Wrong thread, dude. Park this stuff in the conspiracy thread.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #3984 on: April 14, 2020, 12:08:12 AM »

Stating that a donor expects access is NOT a conspiracy. I have met Robert F. Kennedy Jr. (great guy) and he would love to hear you dismiss big pharma’s ever-looming hand in health policy as “conspiracy”.

In this case it just happens to be Mr Gates with the convenient donations.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3985 on: April 14, 2020, 12:20:10 AM »

Ok, I give up: who is the “bad” William Gates?

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #3986 on: April 14, 2020, 12:24:55 AM »
Stating that a donor expects access is NOT a conspiracy. I have met Robert F. Kennedy Jr. (great guy) and he would love to hear you dismiss big pharma’s ever-looming hand in health policy as “conspiracy”.

In this case it just happens to be Mr Gates with the convenient donations.

So you think an anti-vaxxer is a great guy. Of course.

And you can't be a legit right-winger these days if you don't attack Bill Gates.

Like I said, post in the conspiracy thread.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #3987 on: April 14, 2020, 12:26:42 AM »

Ok, I give up: who is the “bad” William Gates?

He's so confused that he's now attacking former MU players. :-\

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #3988 on: April 14, 2020, 12:35:40 AM »

And you can't be a legit right-winger these days if you don't attack Bill Gates.

Keep framing everything as left-right. It serves you well.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3989 on: April 14, 2020, 12:36:43 AM »
He's so confused that he's now attacking former MU players. :-\

Yeah, that’s the only guy I know who goes by William Gates.

If he’s referring to the guy who everyone else on earth refers to as Bill Gates, his notions of “good” and “bad” seem kinda bassackwards. I harbor no illusions that he is a saint, but Bill Gates has done FAR more good than bad in his lifetime.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #3990 on: April 14, 2020, 12:46:35 AM »

It must be really constraining to live in your world. Just sweep me in with being against all vaccines bc I am calling into question rushing to full-on policy support of immediate mass vaccination when there are all sorts of issues with antibodies and the different constructs of the elderly vs child immune system. Fauci himself has done the good deed of pointing out a need for this cautious approach. He also unfortunately was the first government official to sign off on indemnity for eventual providers of the vaccine....and if I remember correctly....in addition to being banned permanently from Indian soil....Gates is still dealing with lawsuits in India stemming from adolescent and child mass deformities in connection with faulty polio vaccines which strengthened rather than weakened polio strains.

These things are complex. But your world is simple. I don’t claim to have the answers. Glad you do.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3991 on: April 14, 2020, 01:06:02 AM »
...Gates is still dealing with lawsuits in India stemming from adolescent and child mass deformities in connection with faulty polio vaccines which strengthened rather than weakened polio strains.

Source?  Maybe you're internetting too much...
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bill-gates-india-sued/

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3992 on: April 14, 2020, 01:06:56 AM »
It must be really constraining to live in your world. Just sweep me in with being against all vaccines bc I am calling into question rushing to full-on policy support of immediate mass vaccination when there are all sorts of issues with antibodies and the different constructs of the elderly vs child immune system. Fauci himself has done the good deed of pointing out a need for this cautious approach. He also unfortunately was the first government official to sign off on indemnity for eventual providers of the vaccine....and if I remember correctly....in addition to being banned permanently from Indian soil....Gates is still dealing with lawsuits in India stemming from adolescent and child mass deformities in connection with faulty polio vaccines which strengthened rather than weakened polio strains.

These things are complex. But your world is simple. I don’t claim to have the answers. Glad you do.

No you don’t have the answers, but you claimed “William” Gates is “bad” based on made-up news stories. You have been infected by the infodemic.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:08:44 AM by GooooMarquette »

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #3993 on: April 14, 2020, 01:24:39 AM »
Source?  Maybe you're internetting too much...

Completely different issue. I was referring to issues with polio vaccination, the numbers were much greater than 70,000+ and I admit that I “internetted” and got the good info from an RFK Jr. tweet. The bad info was also “internetted.” GAC. Apparently Gates was summarily dismissed from an Advocacy Board in India after a huge vaccine-strain polio outbreak.

Thanks for the Snopes face-plant.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #3994 on: April 14, 2020, 01:29:45 AM »

No you don’t have the answers, but you claimed “William” Gates is “bad” based on made-up news stories. You have been infected by the infodemic.

OK you win. Robert F. Kennedy, Jr, an attorney/researcher and privy to multiple historical contacts in US Health Policy is clearly dumber than you and “infodemically infected”. I will take my “infodemic” vaccine when you get treated for your TDS.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3995 on: April 14, 2020, 02:38:28 AM »

How you get away with as much blatant in your face politics is beyond...wait...never mind. This overblown crisis is exactly what you liberals needed to try to blow this wide open. So much pent up derangement Being allowed here and I’ m getting dumber by the minute reading it
don't...don't don't don't don't

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #3996 on: April 14, 2020, 03:00:24 AM »

How you get away with as much blatant in your face politics is beyond...wait...never mind. This overblown crisis is exactly what you liberals needed to try to blow this wide open. So much pent up derangement Being allowed here and I’ m getting dumber by the minute reading it

Overblown crisis?

Not sure there’s room left for you to get any dumber.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #3997 on: April 14, 2020, 05:35:14 AM »
Looks like Russia and Turkey are the next ones grappling with this.  This article is about Russia.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/13/world/europe/coronavirus-russia-putin.html

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #3998 on: April 14, 2020, 06:57:24 AM »

The Covid-19 board quickly became a joke and opportunity for the leftists here to have a free for all to bash Trump at every turn. 

And the mods do nothing. This after banning a political board and the Superbar still having a banner about taking your politics elsewhere.  And I wholeheartedly agree that was the right decision to ban politics here.  There are a zillion other places online to discuss politics and rant on endlessly. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3999 on: April 14, 2020, 07:31:01 AM »
Or, make the case that the federal response was timely and appropriate.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.