Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2024 Coaching Carousel  (Read 135623 times)

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
Re: 2024 Coaching Carousel
« Reply #1725 on: April 14, 2024, 08:50:51 AM »
I think it’s clear some people care about what happens on Scoop a lot more than me. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1726 on: April 14, 2024, 08:57:55 AM »
There is a coach with P6 and NCAAT experience in their backyard.

Very telling, hey? 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1727 on: April 14, 2024, 09:01:09 AM »
How many times have you said that, but stayed here posting?  If you really feel as victimized as you claim you do, just do what you keep saying you'll do.

said what?  "time to go home"?  all the smoke from those mostly peaceful protests got ya a little confused

since when is bitching about someone here trying to twist others viewpoints or misrepresenting them completely begging to be a victim? 

how many times have i said that?  you tell me...i don't believe i've ever said i was leaving.  you may have wished, but all the more reason to stay to remind you of the racist you are. 

when i leave, it will be un announced.  i have taken many a sabbatical from this site due to time constraints and for peace of mind.  when i'm in the mood to take the chit, put up with reeeekos trolling... i open hell's doors

doc B-hope you reconsider!! 
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1728 on: April 14, 2024, 09:06:05 AM »
From someone who has Rocket (and a slew of others) on political ignore: Less skiing, more moderating.

I am sure you'll do the opposite. But, the political stuff on the basketball threads is unbearable.

I know people are calling it "spring" already, but I'm still planning on skiing at least 3 more days this year (including tomorrow).  Cheers Dr B!.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1729 on: April 14, 2024, 09:10:35 AM »
After consulting with my family, coaches and representatives, and after much prayer, I've decided I will be returning to Scoop for another season.
#unfinishedbusiness

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1730 on: April 14, 2024, 09:25:34 AM »
After consulting with my family, coaches and representatives, and after much prayer, I've decided I will be returning to Scoop for another season.
#unfinishedbusiness

Lol this is awesome.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1731 on: April 14, 2024, 09:31:31 AM »
#unfinishedbusiness

MuPoop bag wasn’t good enough, huh?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1732 on: April 14, 2024, 09:35:23 AM »
I think many have forgotten the first rule of Scoop.
https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=3.0

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1733 on: April 14, 2024, 09:58:33 AM »
Viper

You wanted to connect with Fluff for a beer?
I inquired. Like the hottie chick from O’Donnell back in ‘86, Sult said no 😂

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1734 on: April 14, 2024, 10:22:03 AM »
Hey Fluff

I think you miss a couple of key points, message boards have evolved over the years and we are a Marquette community on here. A large % of share a bond of attended MU and the non alums have a love of MU basketball. You can chose to look at scoop in any fashion you chose to, but I look at differently.

Goose, I agree.

It's one of the reasons, that if I knew I was in town/near some of the scoopers, I would love to grab a beer with them.

Even the ones I often disagree with. I'd love to grab a beer with Rocket (even though we often disagree, because I'd like to hear his life story; I recognize that Rocket the person is likely very different than Rocket the poster), I know you and I have disagreed on things, but similarly, know I could learn a lot from your different experiences. I regret not getting a chance to grab a beer/dinner with Keefe once (my schedule was busier than expected), and I'm pretty sure he offered to connect me with some possibly useful contacts...even though we typically disagreed.

I realize a message board has its ecosystem, where some will get roasted at times (I still like to lean into my takes on Lebron), but sometimes it gets out of hand, and I'm sure that is what Dr. B is referencing. In particular, the attacks in this thread on jutaw22, were over the top. There are ways to disagree with someone with data/facts, if you disagree, without getting personal.

That said, after careful consideration, due to the fact that as you say we are all hear because of a shared love for MU, I will bring my lack of posting acumen back to MUScoop for another year.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 10:27:18 AM by forgetful »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1735 on: April 14, 2024, 10:33:28 AM »
Goose, I agree.

It's one of the reasons, that if I knew I was in town/near some of the scoopers, I would love to grab a beer with them.

Even the ones I often disagree with. I'd love to grab a beer with Rocket (even though we often disagree, because I'd like to hear his life story; I recognize that Rocket the person is likely very different than Rocket the poster), I know you and I have disagreed on things, but similarly, know I could learn a lot from your different experiences. I regret not getting a chance to grab a beer/dinner with Keefe once (my schedule was busier than expected), and I'm pretty sure he offered to connect me with some possibly useful contacts...even though we typically disagreed.

I realize a message board has its ecosystem, where some will get roasted at times (I still like to lean into my takes on Lebron), but sometimes it gets out of hand, and I'm sure that is what Dr. B is referencing. In particular, the attacks in this thread on jutaw22, were over the top. There are ways to disagree with someone with data/facts, if you disagree, without getting personal.

That said, after careful consideration, due to the fact that as you say we are all hear because of a shared love for MU, I will bring my lack of posting acumen back to MUScoop for another year.
Brilliant.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1736 on: April 14, 2024, 10:52:31 AM »
Anyone in the MKE area that would like to grab a beer and talk MU hoops, or hack on the Walmart Badgers, let’s do it. Maybe a mid-summer status of the roster 🍻 summit.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1737 on: April 14, 2024, 11:04:58 AM »
All I've learned from this is that a lot of yall care way too much about what anonymous internet dorks think of you.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1738 on: April 14, 2024, 11:07:15 AM »
All I've learned from this is that a lot of yall care way too much about what anonymous internet dorks think of you.

Yep. 1,000 times yep.

JFC people if you can’t handle the way someone posts, put them on ignore. It’s not hard.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 11:12:59 AM by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1739 on: April 14, 2024, 11:27:35 AM »
MuPoop bag wasn’t good enough, huh?

Poop's got Burger King.
Scoop's got Arby's.
Easy choice.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #1740 on: April 14, 2024, 11:31:35 AM »
Goose, I agree.

Outstanding post

Zog from Margo

• Starter

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #1742 on: April 14, 2024, 11:47:27 AM »
This seems like a perfect fit for Wojo.

Perfect fit for Wojo. Nightmare fit for BYU.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1743 on: April 14, 2024, 11:52:11 AM »
Jimmer Fredette time.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1744 on: April 14, 2024, 01:05:34 PM »
Interesting you pick on my comment to call me out in this cesspool stew of Board Violations.  Political, personal, off topic.  With that, I'm out! 

Good luck Scoop

Good luck Scoop? Ah yeah. I forgot how much you held this place together. I give it 36 hours before it implodes.  ::)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1745 on: April 14, 2024, 01:37:29 PM »
I know there are many candidates, so I won't call this thread the most Scoopy ever. Hell, it's probably not even close to that. But it's nonetheless so damn Scoopy.

Anyhoo, I value Dr. B's takes, even those I might not entirely agree with, so I hope he sticks around. But if not, not. That's the choice we all have.

And sure, I'd have a beer or 3 with any of y'all. I've already quaffed with several Scoopers, including those at opposite ends of our little universe, such as tower and keefe. (Not to mention JakeBarnes, reinko, Silkk the Shaka, lurch91 and probably a few I've forgotten to mention - if so, sorry.) It's fun, and sometimes instructive, to get together as grown-ups (or whatever we all are here).
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #1746 on: April 14, 2024, 02:15:24 PM »
Yes. Whatever will we do without Ziggy.  ::)

Anyway, whether or not Dr. B leaves or stays isn't my point. He seems like a fine poster, but plenty of fine posters have come and gone from this place. It's the need to make a public showing of it, have people such as yourself hand-wring over it, but ultimately it doesn't matter. Scoop goes on until the mods are done with it. And this has been going on for years. Remember Chicos' public letter to Scoop claiming he represented a substantial portion of Scoop posters who were going to head elsewhere? That still makes my laugh.

Anyway, having been involved in message boards and the like going back to the wild-west days of usenet in the early 90s, people tire of the forum and move on. It happens. New people replace the old. Sometime those who left will return. Sometimes they won't and will live in the lore of the message board til their memory becomes but a flicker.

And I am self-reflective enough to know that when I leave the board, no one will really care. Like the majority here who one day just stop posting, it will be done quietly and without any need to put on a show.

Self reflective?

Good lord, you are an idiot.

Period.

• All American
« Reply #1747 on: April 14, 2024, 02:19:44 PM »
Self reflective?

Good lord, you are an idiot.

Period.

😂😂😂

You are so damn funny. Unintentionally so, but funny nevertheless.

Oh and...."Huh."
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 02:21:48 PM by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #1748 on: April 14, 2024, 02:30:49 PM »
Rent free

• All American
« Reply #1749 on: April 14, 2024, 02:38:39 PM »
Rent free

😂😂😂 Who replied to who?