Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Looking Ahead - Creighton  (Read 13613 times)

Scoop Snoop

• All American
Re: Looking Ahead - Creighton
« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2023, 10:43:52 AM »
I'd say every single game that could've clinched the BE title that we pissed away was bigger in the moment back in 18/19

Did you have to remind us?   ;D
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2023, 10:50:06 AM »
I had little confidence going into the UConn game and unfortunately UConn proved by lack of confidence to be correct. I am bordering on very confident for tonight's game. I think they bust out of the gate on offense tonight and get the job done in fancy fashion.

I'm with you Goose.  What do we do with Kalky?

GoFastAndWin

• Team Captain
« Reply #152 on: February 21, 2023, 10:52:54 AM »
I had little confidence going into the UConn game and unfortunately UConn proved by lack of confidence to be correct. I am bordering on very confident for tonight's game. I think they bust out of the gate on offense tonight and get the job done in fancy fashion.

I feel the same, Goose. Reading the Gameday article from the Omaha paper, Creighton players are talking just like UConn players did about having circled this game on the calendar. UConn was beyond due for a breakout game after their severe slump. Creighton, otoh, has been nothing but ascendant since the game in Milwaukee and getting Kalkbrenner back. This game feels different. It’s almost like Creighton feels like our home W wasn’t legit. Let’s remove the asterisk tonight!

DarkWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #153 on: February 21, 2023, 10:59:28 AM »
GAME DAY BABY! How much fun is this playing meaningful basketball again in February. I think Marquette is deeper and has better talent. Playing at Creighton with thie rabid fans is a task but I think Shaka has the skills to to coach the team through this. GO MARQUETTE!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #154 on: February 21, 2023, 11:03:18 AM »
Muggsy

He is going his points and rebounds and I am fine with that. I do not want to see them double teaming him too much and leaving the three wide open. I think we win this game with a big offensive outburst tonight.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #155 on: February 21, 2023, 11:08:08 AM »
Muggsy

He is going his points and rebounds and I am fine with that. I do not want to see them double teaming him too much and leaving the three wide open. I think we win this game with a big offensive outburst tonight.

Sounds strategy.  Nembhard can go off at times.  I expect Kam to break out tonight and OMax to be amped and ready. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #156 on: February 21, 2023, 11:15:18 AM »
In Round 1, King and Columa were 12-12 from the 2 point sector (mostly paint). Both teams shot poorly from three as that was both the focus of each defense.  Creighton's guards turned it over a ton.  Guard play wins this game.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2023, 11:28:00 AM »
Love the confidence boys!!

I’m taking CU -5. Sadly.

I get the tired legs theory, the travel for CU. But I think our O has been figured out.

Hope I’m wrong. I’m placing this bet as a hopeful reverse jinx.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2023, 11:41:09 AM »
Muggsy

Kalkbrenner looked tired at the end of the St. John's. With our depth I hope we can run these guys ragged.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2023, 11:42:10 AM »
Love the confidence boys!!

I’m taking CU -5. Sadly.

I get the tired legs theory, the travel for CU. But I think our O has been figured out.

Hope I’m wrong. I’m placing this bet as a hopeful reverse jinx.

If you win the bet, then you should split the money among those of us who said Marquette would win. just think of it as your penance for your sin.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #160 on: February 21, 2023, 11:59:49 AM »
If you win the bet, then you should split the money among those of us who said Marquette would win. just think of it as your penance for your sin.

Honestly… not a bad idea.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #161 on: February 21, 2023, 12:24:05 PM »
Kalkbrenner looked tired at the end of the St. John's. With our depth I hope we can run these guys ragged.

Coach didn't seem too confident trying to use that depth against Xavier.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #162 on: February 21, 2023, 12:24:19 PM »
Ripped a few hits this morning
Cool, we got to get together before an MU game and totally do hits.
Goal is National Championship

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #163 on: February 21, 2023, 12:41:38 PM »
Coach didn't seem too confident trying to use that depth against Xavier.

I think Shaka realized the importance of holding serve at home, so he rode the starters as much as possible, even if some of them struggled.  I’m expecting the team to be more relaxed tonite and play much better, and for Shaka to utilize the bench much more.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #164 on: February 21, 2023, 12:48:04 PM »
I think Shaka realized the importance of holding serve at home, so he rode the starters as much as possible, even if some of them struggled.  I’m expecting the team to be more relaxed tonite and play much better, and for Shaka to utilize the bench much more.

Especially with the next game 6 days away.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #165 on: February 21, 2023, 12:49:57 PM »
MU has a chance to make a statement today to win the Big East and make the "Fuxc 'Em Prophecy" ring true. Winning away from home against Top 50 Pomeroy teams is no easy matter:  MU has only done this once in the past two seasons (Nova, last season). 

But, it's our time. The young team will be jazzed and the shots will fall.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #166 on: February 21, 2023, 12:51:41 PM »
Cool, we got to get together before an MU game and totally do hits.

It helps me focus on focusing
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #167 on: February 21, 2023, 03:16:47 PM »
Pre-gaming at Harrah’s in Council Bluffs.  Winning money and drinking free beer!  4 hours till game time…can’t wait for a MU victory.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #168 on: February 21, 2023, 03:30:36 PM »
Hope you’re right. I was pretty sure that we’d lose at Hartford, and Im not feeling confident about Omaha.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #169 on: February 21, 2023, 04:27:26 PM »
Kolek under 13.5 points.

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #170 on: February 21, 2023, 06:33:59 PM »
Team just took buses across the street to the arena

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #171 on: February 21, 2023, 06:35:09 PM »
Team just took buses across the street to the arena
denverMU:
Glad you were able to make it to the game and giving us updates .
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 07:05:12 PM by Herman Cain »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #172 on: February 21, 2023, 06:50:29 PM »
My gambling site had 97% of Moneyline Action on Creighton and 76% of the action on Creighton to cover 6.  I took MU on the Moneyline, and took them +5.5 when I bet.  Also took Kam Jones to score over 12.5 at -105 and Stevie Mitchell to get more than 3 rebounds at +115.

I feel we match up with CU much better than UConn.  CU doesn't pound the offensive glass very well, and their 3 pt defense is middle of the pack in D-1 (though much better than ours - didn't realize we were quite so bad defending the 3 ranking 256th)

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #173 on: February 21, 2023, 10:09:04 PM »
My gambling site had 97% of Moneyline Action on Creighton and 76% of the action on Creighton to cover 6.  I took MU on the Moneyline, and took them +5.5 when I bet.  Also took Kam Jones to score over 12.5 at -105 and Stevie Mitchell to get more than 3 rebounds at +115.

5 for 5 on tonights game for a big payday.  Icing on the cake for tonight's massive win!

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #174 on: February 22, 2023, 06:34:19 AM »
I don't ask for a lot. I'd just like to see Nova upset Xavier in the early game tonight; then Marquette take care of business against Creighton; and then UConn knock off Providence tomorrow night. A two-game lead heading into the final three-game stretch would be really nice.

I don't ask for a lot. I'd just like to see UCONN beat Providence at home when they're a seven-point favorite. It's not like I'm even asking for an upset.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.