collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Sooooo.... Texas?  (Read 30292 times)

NCMUFan

• All American
Re: Sooooo.... Texas?
« Reply #325 on: September 10, 2021, 03:39:27 PM »
Will be interesting to see it all play out.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #326 on: September 11, 2021, 02:54:23 PM »
Will be interesting to see it all play out.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #327 on: September 11, 2021, 09:19:34 PM »
Hmm, if the point is to reduce cars on the road, should any passengers under the age of 16 qualify (or anyone without a drivers license) as they would have to be passengers regardless?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 09:38:47 PM by NCMUFan »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #328 on: September 13, 2021, 07:10:24 AM »
Texas wanted to be the tech haven of the U.S. Its new abortion bill and other measures are causing workers to rethink their move.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/09/12/texas-abortion-law-tech-workers-reconsidering-relocation/?utm_campaign=wp_the7&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_the7&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F34a9394%2F613f2fdd9d2fda262757afa2%2F5f8d147cae7e8a56e5b732a4%2F7%2F38%2F613f2fdd9d2fda262757afa2

On Sept. 3, just two days after Texas banned abortions, Vivek Bhaskaran, the chief executive of an Austin-based online survey software company, quickly assembled the handful of female employees that are based in the city.

In a virtual town hall that lasted about 15 minutes, he told the women that regardless of insurance, the company would cover out-of-state abortion services.

“I’m not a politician; I can’t change anything. But I’m still responsible for my employees in Texas, and I have a moral responsibility to them,” said Bhaskaran, CEO of QuestionPro.

For the past several years, Texas has been selling itself as a tech haven attracting start-ups and tech companies such as Oracle, Hewlett-Packard Enterprises, and even Elon Musk, Tesla’s billionaire co-founder and CEO, who has moved to the state. Big Tech companies such as Facebook, Amazon, and Apple all have grown their presence in the state, opening new warehouses, data centers, and production facilities.

But Texas’s recent swerve to the right on abortion, voting restrictions as well as a ban on coronavirus vaccine mandates has many workers and industry leaders like Bhaskaran worried about retaining workers and recruiting top tech talent to the state. In August, Texas had 33,843 tech job openings — the second highest in the U.S. after California — according to a report from the Computing Technology Industry Association. That’s up 56% from a year earlier.

EDIT: And another

Salesforce offers to help employees leave in wake of Texas' restrictive abortion law

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/salesforce-offers-help-employees-leave-wake-texas-restrictive-abortion-law-n1278988?campaign_id=4&emc=edit_dk_20210913&instance_id=40273&nl=dealbook&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=68788&te=1&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 07:51:36 AM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #329 on: September 13, 2021, 07:53:57 AM »
To be honest, Texas Republicans likely don't care much that the relocations from California slow down.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #330 on: September 13, 2021, 08:00:07 AM »
Meanwhile, in California, polls are now showing that the recall election probably won't result in Newsom getting ousted. So, of course, Republicans in the state are pre-emptively screaming: "Voter fraud!"

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/12/us/politics/gop-voter-fraud-california-recall.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210913&instance_id=40271&nl=the-morning&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=68786&te=1&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

So Trump accomplished one thing in his 4 years, anyway. He has made lies about voter fraud the new normal.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #331 on: September 13, 2021, 09:10:58 AM »
Meanwhile, in California, polls are now showing that the recall election probably won't result in Newsom getting ousted. So, of course, Republicans in the state are pre-emptively screaming: "Voter fraud!"

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/12/us/politics/gop-voter-fraud-california-recall.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20210913&instance_id=40271&nl=the-morning&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=68786&te=1&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

So Trump accomplished one thing in his 4 years, anyway. He has made lies about voter fraud the new normal.

Really? My wife and I live with our grown children so we can mind our grand daughter while they are at work. Here in New Jersey in 2016 we received our mail-in ballots in early October. There was the ballot which you placed in an envelope. That envelope was placed into an envelope that you signed and that envelope was placed into an envelope that was sent to the county clerk. Sounds pretty straight forward. Even though we each signed our own evelopes my grand daughter could have filled out all 4 ballots and the county clerk would not have been the wiser. There would be absolutely no way to prove fraud even though a fraud could have been committed. These votes would be counted just like any other ballots.

The problem with man-in ballots is there is no direct way to prove that the ballot cast was actually cast by the voter. If all 4 of us showed up in person at the polls would they let all 4 of us go into the voting booth at the same time? Absolutely not, because they could not be certain who is casting the vote, but with mail-in ballots every voter at that residence is essentially in the same voting booth.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 09:16:15 AM by muwarrior69 »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #332 on: September 13, 2021, 09:29:16 AM »
Really? My wife and I live with our grown children so we can mind our grand daughter while they are at work. Here in New Jersey in 2016 we received our mail-in ballots in early October. There was the ballot which you placed in an envelope. That envelope was placed into an envelope that you signed and that envelope was placed into an envelope that was sent to the county clerk. Sounds pretty straight forward. Even though we each signed our own evelopes my grand daughter could have filled out all 4 ballots and the county clerk would not have been the wiser. There would be absolutely no way to prove fraud even though a fraud could have been committed. These votes would be counted just like any other ballots.

The problem with man-in ballots is there is no direct way to prove that the ballot cast was actually cast by the voter. If all 4 of us showed up in person at the polls would they let all 4 of us go into the voting booth at the same time? Absolutely not, because they could not be certain who is casting the vote, but with mail-in ballots every voter at that residence is essentially in the same voting booth.

So the logic here is that because something could have happened that didn't happen shows that it happened on a large enough scale to overturn a presidential election and now prevent a recall election? (in an established blue state mind you).

If you make wild accusations it's on you to prove them. You haven't offered proof here only a conspiracy how it could work at a small scale.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 11:05:25 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #333 on: September 13, 2021, 10:15:08 AM »

Ah yes, the mythical voter fraud scare.

Which has been found to happen exceedingly rarely.

And for both parties about equally, resulting in no net change.

https://www.stlmag.com/news/debunking-mail-in-voting-fraud/
"Yet the Brennan Center found only six substantiated cases of voter fraud in Missouri, a rate of 0.0003 percent. All told, the Brennan Center noted, it’s more likely that an American will be struck by lightning than impersonate someone at the polls.

What about mail-in voting? For years, multiple states, including Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah, and Washington, have used the mail as their primary voting mechanism, and there, too, the Brennan Center found low levels of fraud. Since 2000, Oregon has issued about 100 million mail-in ballots. It has only documented a dozen cases of proven fraud. “It is still more likely for an American to be struck by lightning than to commit mail voting fraud,” the Brennan Center concluded."

But of course you know why Republicans don't want to allow mail in voting and it has nothing to do with voter fraud.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #334 on: September 13, 2021, 10:26:57 AM »
To be honest, Texas Republicans likely don't care much that the relocations from California slow down.

Ever since this recent wave of legislation was proposed, I've speculated that one of the ulterior motives was to slow the influx of transplants from blue states and encourage them from red states. Texas gets more and more purple every year.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #335 on: September 13, 2021, 10:53:53 AM »
So the logic here is that because something could have happened that didn't happen shows that it happened on a large enough scale to overturn a presidential election and now prevent a recall election? (in an established blue state mind you).

If you make wild accusations it's on your to prove them. You haven't offered proof here only a conspiracy how it could work at a small scale.

Just admit it. Trump won by a landslide. Dems were too stoopid to figure out how to cheat on races for Congress, but had a genius plan to cheat on the presidential vote.

People like 69 are the ones who gave the "wink" to the terrorists on Jan 6 and urged them on by repeating the Big Lie..

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #336 on: September 13, 2021, 11:09:35 AM »
Ah yes, the mythical voter fraud scare.

Which has been found to happen exceedingly rarely.

And for both parties about equally, resulting in no net change.

https://www.stlmag.com/news/debunking-mail-in-voting-fraud/
"Yet the Brennan Center found only six substantiated cases of voter fraud in Missouri, a rate of 0.0003 percent. All told, the Brennan Center noted, it’s more likely that an American will be struck by lightning than impersonate someone at the polls.

What about mail-in voting? For years, multiple states, including Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah, and Washington, have used the mail as their primary voting mechanism, and there, too, the Brennan Center found low levels of fraud. Since 2000, Oregon has issued about 100 million mail-in ballots. It has only documented a dozen cases of proven fraud. “It is still more likely for an American to be struck by lightning than to commit mail voting fraud,” the Brennan Center concluded."

But of course you know why Republicans don't want to allow mail in voting and it has nothing to do with voter fraud.

There is nothing mythical about it.  As I said my grand daughter could have filled out the ballots and the Brennan Center would have never discovered the fraud much less prove it. No wonder there are so few "proven" cases of fraud. I agree it cuts both ways, but I just don't trust a system of voting that could be so easily manipulated and fraud impossible to discover or prove.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #337 on: September 13, 2021, 11:12:47 AM »
There is nothing mythical about it.  As I said my grand daughter could have filled out the ballots and the Brennan Center would have never discovered the fraud much less prove it. No wonder there are so few "proven" cases of fraud. I agree it cuts both ways, but I just don't trust a system of voting that could be so easily manipulated and fraud impossible to discover or prove.

Nothing mythical, of course, save for the actual evidence of it happening. That bit remains mythical.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #338 on: September 13, 2021, 11:15:30 AM »
Nothing mythical, of course, save for the actual evidence of it happening. That bit remains mythical.

Do you realize how nonsensical that reply is?

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #339 on: September 13, 2021, 11:20:19 AM »

If you make wild accusations it's on you to prove them. You haven't offered proof here only a conspiracy how it could work at a small scale.

That is my point. I could neither prove it did happen anymore than you can prove it didn't happen. The perfect system for voter manipulation.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #340 on: September 13, 2021, 11:27:07 AM »

That is my point. There is no evidence of fraud even though a fraud was committed.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #341 on: September 13, 2021, 11:38:08 AM »
That is my point. There is no evidence of fraud even though a fraud was committed.

Your honor, I bring this lawsuit against muwarrior69 for stealing $1M from my home. Sure, there is no evidence that he entered my home while I was sleeping and removed the $1M in nonsequential bills that I keep in a briefcase under my bed. And, sure, there is no evidence that I actually possessed that $1M in cash. But, you see, this theft occurred. Just look, he has lots and lots of money and is a very successful man (no doubt due to the money he stole from me). Therefore, despite the fact that I have no evidence whatsoever that the thing I allege occurred actually occurred, please direct Mr. muwarrior69 to give me $1M.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #342 on: September 13, 2021, 11:40:33 AM »
You've got to be joking.

On the off chance you are not, by this logic anyone can believe anything and you are going to hold it as valid. Santa? you bet. JFK was killed because he was going to expose the lizard people? no evidence he wasn't. The FBI reached an agreement with Al McGuire in 1976 that if he retired after the '77 season they would destroy all evidence of him starting the Vietnam war? Has to be true.

Each of these are as true as your position on voter fraud.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #343 on: September 13, 2021, 11:41:12 AM »
Your honor, I bring this lawsuit against muwarrior69 for stealing $1M from my home. Sure, there is no evidence that he entered my home while I was sleeping and removed the $1M in nonsequential bills that I keep in a briefcase under my bed. And, sure, there is no evidence that I actually possessed that $1M in cash. But, you see, this theft occurred. Just look, he has lots and lots of money and is a very successful man (no doubt due to the money he stole from me). Therefore, despite the fact that I have no evidence whatsoever that the thing I allege occurred actually occurred, please direct Mr. muwarrior69 to give me $1M.

Whoa. Did you steal the Trump playbook?

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #344 on: September 13, 2021, 11:44:54 AM »
Holy moses I didn't know educated people actually bought the voter fraud narrative that has no basis in fact. MU really was a different place in 1969.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #345 on: September 13, 2021, 11:46:47 AM »
Holy moses I didn't know educated people actually bought the voter fraud narrative that has no basis in fact. MU really was a different place in 1969.

This is one of Keefe's alts right? My bad if I'm wrong. It's hard to keep track.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #346 on: September 13, 2021, 11:47:37 AM »

It's worse.
He admits there is no basis in fact, but insists it happened anyhow.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #347 on: September 13, 2021, 11:52:16 AM »
Even your hypothetical is silly. So your granddaughter fills out the ballots and you don't notice that those ballots you were going to complete are no where to be found? And then you go vote in person...and discover you already voted by mail--and the fraud is discovered.

The reason Republicans don't want mail-in voting has nothing to do with fraud.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #348 on: September 13, 2021, 12:00:34 PM »
This is one of Keefe's alts right? My bad if I'm wrong. It's hard to keep track.

No, thats theBabyDavid or something of that nature I believe

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #349 on: September 13, 2021, 12:03:32 PM »
No, thats theBabyDavid or something of that nature I believe

Roger. We should circulate a memo or something. These 31 names are Chicos' alts. These are Keefes. This one's on me. Carry on everyone.