collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ryan Braun Wins Appeal  (Read 34894 times)

dwaderoy2004

• All American
Re: Ryan Braun Wins Appeal
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2012, 07:25:15 AM »
I'm not a cubs fan.  Just a baseball fan.  And from what has come out so far, braun has done nothing to prove he didn't have testosterone in his system.  To everyone but brewers fans, they will view braun as a cheater with good lawyers. Just like casey anthony and oj will forever be known as murderers with good lawyers.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2012, 07:26:16 AM »

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2012, 07:33:58 AM »
And from what has come out so far, braun has done nothing to prove he didn't have testosterone in his system.

When did you stop beating your wife? Just asking.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2012, 07:34:20 AM »
I'm not a cubs fan.  Just a baseball fan.  And from what has come out so far, braun has done nothing to prove he didn't have testosterone in his system.  To everyone but brewers fans, they will view braun as a cheater with good lawyers. Just like casey anthony and oj will forever be known as murderers with good lawyers.
Many, including yourself, are making decisions without facts.  Will the facts come out?  Who knows.  I suspect that the ferver will die down over time, as some facts do come out supporting the decision.  Remember, the only ones who heard the facts are the ones who made the decision.  

The analogy to Anthony and OJ does not hold water.  In both those cases, the public heard everything from the trials.  They had facts to form their own opinions.

What I find odd, though, is that MLB is not blasting the individual who took the sample home.  That is where the derision should be placed.  Who takes a sample home and puts it in their refrigerator?  Did they taint it?  Maybe, who knows.  Control of the sample NEEDS to be paramount importance.  When you can't guarantee that, you get results like this.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2012, 07:39:42 AM »
All I'm arguing is public perception.  Braun will be public enemy #1 this year.   It will also be forgotten in five years... Unless of course he has a down year or two.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2012, 07:47:49 AM »
Warrior07, when you get an independent, accredited testing firm to say i beat my wife, I'll address your allegations.  Hopefully i can get off on a technicality.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2012, 07:54:59 AM »
All I'm arguing is public perception.  Braun will be public enemy #1 this year.   It will also be forgotten in five years... Unless of course he has a down year or two.
It will definitely be the topic of conversation on TV whenever they show the Brewers.  Opposing fans will also treat him as public enemy #1, no doubt.  

This year will be a critical year for him.  IF he has a down year this year, it will fuel those who believe he is guilty.  I know one thing, if he wasn't completely clean before, he will be from now on.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:58:20 AM by MUMac »

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2012, 07:56:31 AM »
My point is, you are asking him to dispute a negative. I'm sure you realize how little sense this makes.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2012, 08:22:49 AM »
Except that's exactly what MLB asked him to do...and apparently he did it.  So how hard can it be?

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2012, 08:40:23 AM »
Except that's exactly what MLB asked him to do...and apparently he did it.  So how hard can it be?

So now you are saying he did it, when five seconds ago you were saying he had "done nothing" to disprove it?

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2012, 08:47:49 AM »
I was being facetious.  My point was, if it's so dang hard and non sensical, how could Braun have possibly pulled it off?

And I certainly never said I believe he proved anything.  I pointed out that apparently an arbitrator believes he did.  And the arbitrator didn't even rule that he didn't have testosterone in his sample, merely that it is possible he didn't.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 08:51:42 AM by dwaderoy2004 »

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2012, 08:53:08 AM »
Why are so many posters pointing fingers at Cubs fans? It's basically ALL non-Brewers fans who think Braun is a cheater who got off on a technicality.

Abode4life

• Team Captain
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2012, 08:58:24 AM »
While listening to Mike and Mike this morning, they said that Braun offered to provide his DNA to prove that it wasn't his sample.  MLB refused.  Anyone hear more info on this part?  Like they had already destroyed his sample, or another explanation as to why MLB refused?

If Braun offered his DNA to prove the sample wasn't his while the test was still able to be performed, I don't know how people can think he still did it.  Having said that, it could be a ploy that he used in his defense if he knowingly knew there was no way they would have said yes.  But outsides of that, and without testing positive again, I don't know what people can expect from him to prove his innocence.  

Also as a sidenote, HIPPA offenses committed with the intent to sell or use health information for commercial advantage, gain or malicious harm can be cause for fines of like a million dollars and ten years imprisonment.  Thats a lot to prove, but i would be shocked if Braun doesn't at least try to go after someone in this case.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2012, 09:01:16 AM »
HIPAA only applies to health care providers. 

Abode4life

• Team Captain
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2012, 09:05:25 AM »
Drug labs would also be covered. 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2012, 09:13:24 AM »
While listening to Mike and Mike this morning, they said that Braun offered to provide his DNA to prove that it wasn't his sample.  MLB refused.  Anyone hear more info on this part?  Like they had already destroyed his sample, or another explanation as to why MLB refused?

If Braun offered his DNA to prove the sample wasn't his while the test was still able to be performed, I don't know how people can think he still did it.  Having said that, it could be a ploy that he used in his defense if he knowingly knew there was no way they would have said yes.  But outsides of that, and without testing positive again, I don't know what people can expect from him to prove his innocence.  

Also as a sidenote, HIPPA offenses committed with the intent to sell or use health information for commercial advantage, gain or malicious harm can be cause for fines of like a million dollars and ten years imprisonment.  That's a lot to prove, but i would be shocked if Braun doesn't at least try to go after someone in this case.

No new info at the moment but I suspect Braun and his team will lead with this.  Listen, when the accusing body REFUSES to accept a DNA test to corroborate whether or not it was actually Braun's pee AFTER it violated the chain of custody protocol, that's enough evidence for me.  In my mind Braun is, and always has been, clean.  And I'm glad he's a Brewer for life.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2012, 09:15:32 AM »
Many, including yourself, are making decisions without facts.  Will the facts come out?  Who knows.  I suspect that the ferver will die down over time, as some facts do come out supporting the decision.  Remember, the only ones who heard the facts are the ones who made the decision.  

The analogy to Anthony and OJ does not hold water.  In both those cases, the public heard everything from the trials.  They had facts to form their own opinions.

What I find odd, though, is that MLB is not blasting the individual who took the sample home.  That is where the derision should be placed.  Who takes a sample home and puts it in their refrigerator?  Did they taint it?  Maybe, who knows.  Control of the sample NEEDS to be paramount importance.  When you can't guarantee that, you get results like this.

+1

I'd only add, however, that if Braun's numbers go significantly down this year then the perception the dwaderoy mentions will only intensify.  People will feel he got off on a technicality, but you are absolutely correct if you can't keep the chain of custody in control then you have to throw out the positive test.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2012, 09:21:06 AM »
I'm reading a twitter feed of a guy following the Dan Patrick show, and it said that the Courier took 37 seconds to state his name and couldn't even look at Braun. Also, stated he was a Cubs fan that bypassed two open FedEx posts and the third one was closed.

So I feel that there is a lot of interesting things yet to come out and ESPN ran with a story without having all the facts (gee, seems familiar). They are hammering the fact it was the 2 day thing that makes it seem the only reason he got off, and it sounds like there is much more to it (not based off this, Will Carroll has been saying that the FedEx thing was just the beginning).

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2012, 09:27:22 AM »
I'm reading a twitter feed of a guy following the Dan Patrick show, and it said that the Courier took 37 seconds to state his name and couldn't even look at Braun. Also, stated he was a Cubs fan that bypassed two open FedEx posts and the third one was closed.

So I feel that there is a lot of interesting things yet to come out and ESPN ran with a story without having all the facts (gee, seems familiar). They are hammering the fact it was the 2 day thing that makes it seem the only reason he got off, and it sounds like there is much more to it (not based off this, Will Carroll has been saying that the FedEx thing was just the beginning).

I agree, I think there is much more to the story. 

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2012, 09:32:03 AM »

I seriously hope this was all sarcasam.  Your soruce is a guy following Dan Patrick on twitter?

Only Brewers fans could blame this on Cubs fans.

No one in Chicago considers the Brewers rivals.  In fact the vast majority of Cubs fans cheered for the Brewers in the playoffs.  The Cardinals are our rival.  

What does the Cubs fan have to gain by doing this?  The Cubs are going to be garbage the next two years.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:34:52 AM by TallTitan34 »

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2012, 09:33:14 AM »
HIPAA only applies to health care providers. 
And Health Plans and Health Care Clearning Houses.

I would think the lab would be included.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2012, 09:35:57 AM »
Right, but the lab has to tell the results to MLB.  And then MLB would not be covered by HIPAA.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2012, 09:36:52 AM »
And people in this thread want Braun to sue ESPN.  ESPN is not a health care provider last time I checked.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2012, 09:37:46 AM »
+1

I'd only add, however, that if Braun's numbers go significantly down this year then the perception the dwaderoy mentions will only intensify.  People will feel he got off on a technicality, but you are absolutely correct if you can't keep the chain of custody in control then you have to throw out the positive test.
I agree.  I mentioned that in another post.  This year will be critical for him.  A lot of pressure.  If he falls off, and he was MVP last year with Prince batting behind him, it will perpetuate the drum beat that he was guilty and got off on a technicality.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2012, 09:42:38 AM »
For the Brewers fans out there, do you seriously believe Ryan Braun didn't take anything?  Technicality or not, do you believe he took anything?