'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wade Posterized!!  (Read 11440 times)

classof70

• Team Captain
Wade Posterized!!
« on: May 15, 2011, 09:54:38 PM »
Did you see Gibson posterize Wade.  Sweet!  >:(

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Wade Posterized!!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 10:10:32 PM »
Did you see Gibson posterize Wade.  Sweet!  >:(

And how about Gibson's monster tip dunk in the 4th quarter? Final 18 minutes was all Bulls.

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 10:34:46 PM »
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 11:10:26 PM by pux90mex »

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 10:42:25 PM »
Dwyane did not get the memo.  Taj can go upstairs!

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 07:34:03 AM »
Who would have guessed that the two best dunks of that game would come from Taj Gibson?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 11:50:57 AM »
DWade clearly learned move that from I4.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 12:02:07 PM »
WOW a 6'10 Guy dunked on a 6'4 guy  8-)

Call me unimpressed.

Heat win the series in 6.  I fully expected the Heat to lose game one, as the Bulls were going to feed of all the energy and what not.  The Heat will win games 2,3,4.  Lose game 5.  Win game 6

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 12:09:37 PM »
I don't think Game 1 was a result of energy.  I think the Bulls fundamentally executed better on both ends of the floor.  In fact, they may have had too much energy to start the game and that is why they turned the ball over and got down early.  When they settled down and did what they have done all season, they were the better team.

Miami just doesn't have the depth this year.  Once they have some pieces in place to build around James and Wade, they are going to be great.  But those two are going to have to log too many minutes while the Bulls can keep bringing in players. 

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 12:15:21 PM »
Heat win the series in 6.  I fully expected the Heat to lose game one, as the Bulls were going to feed of all the energy and what not.  The Heat will win games 2,3,4.  Lose game 5.  Win game 6

The Heat have no bench and no bigs. Rose will get the Heat into foul trouble early in game 2. The Heat will need James Jones and/or Bibby to step up if they are to have any chance in this series. When the Bulls put Korver in the game and Wade was chasing him around in the 3rd quarter he was exhausted. Too much depth, Bulls in 5!
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 12:21:17 PM »
Wade and Lebron were gassed at the end of the game.  The Bulls bench with Deng were taking care of the Heat's starters in the 4th while the Bulls starters were getting a rest.

I don't think the Bulls bench will stay as hot as they were last night, but unless someone on the Heat's bench is able to contribute so the big three can get a rest, the Bulls will continue to win the 3rd and 4th quarters.

The Bulls didn't pull away until the second half when Wade and Lebron were tired.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 12:35:27 PM »
I don't think Game 1 was a result of energy.  I think the Bulls fundamentally executed better on both ends of the floor.  In fact, they may have had too much energy to start the game and that is why they turned the ball over and got down early.  When they settled down and did what they have done all season, they were the better team.

Miami just doesn't have the depth this year.  Once they have some pieces in place to build around James and Wade, they are going to be great.  But those two are going to have to log too many minutes while the Bulls can keep bringing in players. 

Agree with the game analysis, maybe not the Heat's future.
They gave up a ton of draft in acquiring Bosh and LeBron and the next CBA could wreak havoc on their ability to add decent players through free agency.
In 2012-13, they have $67.6 million tied up on seven players. The next year - when the NBA wants to install a hard cap - it's $71.1 million on six players.
With a hard cap - or even harder cap - it could get really ugly on South Beach.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 12:49:30 PM »
Wade just tweeted:

I had 2 laugh at ths..I was playing my oldest son Zaire on his nerf rim & he dunked & said Gibson while screaming..L2MS Kids u gotta luv em

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 12:55:18 PM »
Agree with the game analysis, maybe not the Heat's future.
They gave up a ton of draft in acquiring Bosh and LeBron and the next CBA could wreak havoc on their ability to add decent players through free agency.
In 2012-13, they have $67.6 million tied up on seven players. The next year - when the NBA wants to install a hard cap - it's $71.1 million on six players.
With a hard cap - or even harder cap - it could get really ugly on South Beach.

Their mistake was signing Bosh, especially for the max. He's not a "max" player. He's a guy who can put up big numbers on mediocre teams. They could have brought in 2-3 solid roles players with that money and been better off. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they tried to move Bosh in the next couple years.

Bulls in 7

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 12:58:53 PM »
What was strange about the Bosh signing is that it is so un-Riley like.  Nothing he hates more than a soft big-man.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 01:14:07 PM »
What was strange about the Bosh signing is that it is so un-Riley like.  Nothing he hates more than a soft big-man.

Signing Bosh may have been necessary to signing LeBron.

To Merritt's point ... you've got to wonder whether Bosh can even be traded at this point. As you say, he's not a max contract player. And with a new CBA in the offing, peddling a guy due to earn $19 million, $20.5 million and $22 million in the last three years of his deal (at which point he'll be 32 with a lot of basketball mileage) won't be so easy.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 02:11:14 PM »
Oh wait - the bulls have to do that 3 more times.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 03:01:49 PM »
Oh wait - the bulls have to do that 3 more times.

So far this season the Bulls have won all four matchups against the Heat.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 04:32:57 PM »

Call me unimpressed.

You don't win by 21 against the Heat by feeding off energy. I think it was more defense, offensive rebounding and only committing one turnover in the second half. Side note: I love how everyone that picked the Heat to win the series is getting defensive now and claiming they fully expected this to happen in the first game. Really? You fully expected the Heat to be completely dominated and it doesn't change your outlook at all?

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 04:37:28 PM »
The Bulls are a bad matchup for the Heat.  Quick scoring PG's and solid interior defense are their weakness.  The Heat also do not have a penetrating PG and a lot of big defensive big men, which in turn hurts the Bulls.  The Bulls have very quick rotations, but a PG can make them pay by causing the bigs to get out of position.  

The scariest thing about the Bulls is that only Deng scored better than he should have or usually does.  No one else really hit any crazy shots.  Noah was 4-14, Bogans 1-4, Korver 1-3, and Watson 1-4.  There is going to be a game where these guys start hitting shots.  Rose also did not have to really do anything all that special either.

They wasted a 30 point Bosh game too.  Another bad sign for Miami is that they shot 47% and the Bulls only shot 43%, but the Bulls crushed them.

Unless the Celtics get to switch with the Bulls, I'd say that the Heat are in trouble in a seven game series.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 04:40:21 PM »
You don't win by 21 against the Heat by feeding off energy. I think it was more defense, offensive rebounding and only committing one turnover in the second half. Side note: I love how everyone that picked the Heat to win the series is getting defensive now and claiming they fully expected this to happen in the first game. Really? You fully expected the Heat to be completely dominated and it doesn't change your outlook at all?

+1

The Heat are the most talented team in the league and they would exploit matchups with a lot of teams.  The Bulls are just a tough matchup.  The Heat will ultimately do better than Indiana and Atlanta by pushing the Bulls to seven most likely, but Indiana and Atlanta do all of the things that hurt the Bulls. 

On the other hand, Philly has nothing that hurts the Heat and a Rondo injury and Shaq and Perkins not playing means that the Celtics don't do anything that hurts the Heat either. 

People did not really consider the matchups when they read into how the teams looked in the first two rounds. 

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 06:44:40 PM »

Call me unimpressed.

OK, what would impress you?  Because that dunk was pretty sick, as was Taj's later tip dunk.  The heat don't have anywhere near the depth the Bulls do.  The Bulls can put 9-10 competent players on the floor, the Heat can't even put 5 out there.  Wade, James and Bosh will be run ragged by the Bulls always throwing fresh legs at them I think.  James was guarded by what 5 different guys yesterday?

But really the bottom line is the Bulls completely dominated the Heat.  The line up that has been most effective for the Heat can't match up with the Bulls because they have such athletic big men and such good perimeter defenders. 
I'm a Bulls fan and expected them to win (after all the Heat haven't shown they can beat the Bulls yet) but I didn't expect them to run the Heat out of the gym.  Call me impressed.

kryza

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 07:08:24 PM »

Call me unimpressed.

Ohhhh, we're here to impress you. Well, then, here you go... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOOeMg7eqYM

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 07:31:52 PM »
The Bulls are just a terrible match up for the Heat. I'd be surprised if this goes more than 5 games. Miami simply can not play their style and tempo against the Bulls. Dominating the boards and applying pressure/trapping on the perimeter, the Heat are flustered offensively. Worst part for the Heat last night is as the Bulls were pulling away, the majority of their starters were on the bench in the start of the 4th last night. Bulls depth is too much for the Heat.

To Pakuni's point, the Heat are in major trouble going forward. Hard cap is coming, as fascinating as it was to see how the Heat filled out their roster this past season, it'll be even more fascinating to see what they do going forward. Same with the Knicks.

mu ricer22

• Scholarship Player
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 07:41:08 PM »
This meeting between the two was a double advantage for the Bulls.
1. The home court in the packed United Center
2. The Bulls was so excited to finish the game fast to help out with setting up for the Oprah show. Gave them a treat at the end.  ;D
GTST

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 07:54:18 PM »
Plain and simple, the Bulls are the better team. Miami has the best single player in the series (James) and Wade is neck-and-neck with Rose, but when it comes to the rest of the team and benches, Chicago wins pretty handily. Miami will likely be the better team in 2-3 years (unless the Bulls add Howard) but right now, the Bulls have more top to bottom.

The only way Miami wins this series is if they pound the crap out of Rose, and they don't really have the thug types that Indy has. I can't see them taking 4 of 6 against Chicago after losing 4 of 4 so far this year. Within the next 2 weeks, Miami will be replaying their home loss to Chicago by crying after losing to the Bulls yet again.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.