Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wade Posterized!!  (Read 11453 times)

jmayer1

• All American
Re: Wade Posterized!!
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 08:01:22 PM »
I still think the Heat will win this series, I just think the Heat are too talented at the top for the Bulls.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 08:01:27 PM »
The fact that everyone on this board is saying they would rather have Taj Gibson than Wade is beyond assanine.

Wade got dunked on... So WHAT!!!

Allen Iverson crossed over Jordan so by your logic you would all rather have Iverson?

Starks Dunked on Pippen so you would rather have Starks?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2011, 08:08:11 PM »
The fact that everyone on this board is saying they would rather have Taj Gibson than Wade is beyond assanine.

The FACT is that not everyone is saying they'd rather have Taj Gibson than Wade. I don't even think ANYBODY is saying it.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2011, 08:12:27 PM »

Allen Iverson crossed over Jordan so by your logic you would all rather have Iverson?

Wait who ever said that??????

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2011, 08:47:34 PM »

This is the dumbest post I've seen on this site in months, and considering nomorebuycks was here quite awhile, that's saying something.

I just re-read the thread. No one said they would rather have Wade than Gibson. Not one person. Wade got dunked on, looked monstrous for Gibson, Bulls won the game, many people think they'll win the series, but that's it. No one said "ZOMG!!! Gibson iz SOOOOOOOO mcuh better then Dwayne Wade LOLZ!"

Try reading before you post, numpty.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2011, 10:08:16 PM »
You don't win by 21 against the Heat by feeding off energy. I think it was more defense, offensive rebounding and only committing one turnover in the second half. Side note: I love how everyone that picked the Heat to win the series is getting defensive now and claiming they fully expected this to happen in the first game. Really? You fully expected the Heat to be completely dominated and it doesn't change your outlook at all?
Could not resist
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2011, 07:31:05 AM »
LeBron says hi, ManCow fans.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2011, 08:48:48 AM »
Chalk me up as unimpressed with those dunks.

The "posterize" dunk .. the only reason we're talking about it is because Wade was between the guy and the basket.   If Wade wasn't there, it was the kind of dunk you see with frequency: a running guy takes off from 6-8 feet away, jumps high, and dunks.   Why does it make it awesome when you insert an unprepared defender in the middle, who is run into?

I'd say the tip dunk is .. nicer, as it adds an element of perfect timing of a jump, a rebound, perfect placement of a hand and enough hang time to bring the ball to the rim. 

I find dunks over-rated.  The level of difficulty of a bang bang catch and shoot 3 pointer with a guy in your face is so much higher.  Or a Dominic James drive the lane crash to the floor circus shot that goes in.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2011, 08:54:50 AM »
I know what you mean, but "posterize dunks" are simply fun.  Pippen's over Ewing maybe one of my favorite NBA moments of all time.  (Which not only was an amazing dunk, but stepping over Ewing and telling Spike to sit his ass down just made it so enjoyable.)

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2011, 09:02:30 AM »
+1 for Pippen's......just a bad ass play

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2011, 04:37:10 PM »
hate d-rose, joakim noah, and the bulls. love wade. Heat win in 6.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2011, 04:43:26 PM »
hate d-rose, joakim noah, and the bulls. love wade. Heat win in 6.

There's something seriously wrong with someone who says they hate Derrick Rose.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2011, 05:05:43 PM »
Seriously, I would think D Rose is pretty tough to even dislike, much hate.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2011, 08:15:12 PM »
D-Rose is a cheat.

His hands are as dirty as Calipari's.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2011, 08:33:15 PM »
Seriously, I would think D Rose is pretty tough to even dislike, much hate.

Yeah, why hate someone who didn't take his own entrance exam.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2011, 08:40:26 PM »
D-Rose is a cheat.

His hands are as dirty as Calipari's.

Pffft.
You really give a flying you-know-what about an SAT score for a kid who had no interest or need for college?
You not only care, but it drives you to hate someone?

He's a good kid, stays out of trouble, respects the game, respects his coaches, teammates and opponents, always plays hard, is unselfish, doesn't showboat, shows humility, gives back to his community ... but he cheated on a standardized test!!!
Talk about false outrage.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:43:09 PM by Pakuni »

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2011, 09:12:11 PM »
Pffft.
You really give a flying you-know-what about an SAT score for a kid who had no interest or need for college?
You not only care, but it drives you to hate someone?

He's a good kid, stays out of trouble, respects the game, respects his coaches, teammates and opponents, always plays hard, is unselfish, doesn't showboat, shows humility, gives back to his community ... but he cheated on a standardized test!!!
Talk about false outrage.
So it is ok to cheat or break the rules in some circumstances but not others?  There is no such thing as selective integrity, you either have it and deserve respect for it or you don't and deserve nothing.  Hate is a pretty strong word for what I feel about Derrick Rose but I don't think much of him and all the other things you describe above aren't going to change that. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2011, 09:21:20 PM »
So it is ok to cheat or break the rules in some circumstances but not others? There is no such thing as selective integrity, you either have it and deserve respect for it or you don't and deserve nothing.  

Yes, that's exactly what I said. Cheating is awesome.
I suppose I'm just not perfect enough, nor do I view the world through such a stark black-and-white prism, that I dismiss 99 percent of what's good about a person over a relatively minor (and yes, it's exceptionally minor) act with which I disagree.
Good to know you never once cheated on homework, exceeded the speed limit, strolled across the street at somewhere other than the crosswalk, told a fib, rolled through a stop sign, had a beer before you were 21, downloaded a song without paying or returned a library book late.
After all, there's no such thing as selective integrity.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 09:23:05 PM by Pakuni »

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2011, 09:36:57 PM »
Yes, that's exactly what I said. Cheating is awesome.
I suppose I'm just not perfect enough, nor do I view the world through such a stark black-and-white prism, that I dismiss 99 percent of what's good about a person over a relatively minor (and yes, it's exceptionally minor) act with which I disagree.
Good to know you never once cheated on homework, exceeded the speed limit, strolled across the street at somewhere other than the crosswalk, told a fib, rolled through a stop sign, had a beer before you were 21, downloaded a song without paying or returned a library book late.
After all, there's no such thing as selective integrity.
Yeah, I did some (ok most) of those things.  Equating any of that with what he did is a loooooong stretch in my opinion.   

How is it that what he did is so minor in your eyes?  After all, (whether it's right or not) he's a role model to millions of young kids who are basically being told that it doesn't matter what you do as long as you can play ball.  There are no repercussions...go ahead and cheat to get to the top, why not?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2011, 10:35:40 PM »
Yeah, I did some (ok most) of those things.  Equating any of that with what he did is a loooooong stretch in my opinion.

OK, that's your opinion. IMO, potentially dangerous and/or criminal acts like speeding, underage drinking, stealing songs, etc. are far more harmful to society than violating an NCAA rule or cheating on a standardized test that was - in his situation - entirely irrelevant. But reasonable people can differ. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2011, 10:38:51 PM »
OK, that's your opinion. IMO, potentially dangerous and/or criminal acts like speeding, underage drinking, stealing songs, etc. are far more harmful to society than violating an NCAA rule or cheating on a standardized test that was - in his situation - entirely irrelevant. But reasonable people can differ. 

I generally agree with you hear, but he didn't just cheat on a standardized test...HE FLAT OUT DIDN'T TAKE IT AND HAD SOMEONE ELSE TAKE IT FOR HIM.  He committed FRAUD.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2011, 10:52:07 PM »
Was he busy making a poster of Wade, is that why he couldn't take the test?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2011, 10:54:29 PM »
But if the Bulls dont beat them this year they will not beat them for years to come.

Really? So having the league's best point guard, center, and bench (once the Howard trade goes through) won't give them a chance at beating the Heat? Let's be honest, it's not the Big 3, it's the Big 2 and Bosh. He's not at that level. The Bulls will counter with Rose, Howard, Deng (at least as good as Bosh) and a better supporting cast.

Granted, Howard isn't a done deal, but the Bulls can offer 3 first round picks over the next two years and an All-Star-level replacement in Noah (or Boozer, please take Boozer), which offers more draft fodder than Utah got for Deron Williams or Denver got for Carmelo Anthony.

Add Howard to the Bulls, and this may be the Heat's last best shot at beating them for years to come.

And while I get the notion of getting down on D-Rose, seriously, it's done and over. The guy has been the very definition of a model citizen since coming back to Chicago. He's the hardest working superstar in the NBA (just look at his 3-point improvement) and is probably one of the best role models and poster boys the NBA could possibly have. The entrance exam is a non-issue in regards to his pro career.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2011, 12:23:50 AM »
Really? So having the league's best point guard, center, and bench (once the Howard trade goes through) won't give them a chance at beating the Heat? Let's be honest, it's not the Big 3, it's the Big 2 and Bosh. He's not at that level. The Bulls will counter with Rose, Howard, Deng (at least as good as Bosh) and a better supporting cast.

Granted, Howard isn't a done deal, but the Bulls can offer 3 first round picks over the next two years and an All-Star-level replacement in Noah (or Boozer, please take Boozer), which offers more draft fodder than Utah got for Deron Williams or Denver got for Carmelo Anthony.

Add Howard to the Bulls, and this may be the Heat's last best shot at beating them for years to come.

And while I get the notion of getting down on D-Rose, seriously, it's done and over. The guy has been the very definition of a model citizen since coming back to Chicago. He's the hardest working superstar in the NBA (just look at his 3-point improvement) and is probably one of the best role models and poster boys the NBA could possibly have. The entrance exam is a non-issue in regards to his pro career.

Maybe....but be careful or you are sure to be disappointed.  The leagues are chock full of crazy actions by these guys that rarely get to light in the papers but those in the business hear the stories all the time from the teams, the agents, etc.  Not saying I've heard one story at all about Rose, sure he's a great kid, but I've heard so much stuff over the years about some of these guys that are supposedly "clean living" and didn't want to believe it...sure enough when 3, 4, 5 years all that stuff came true when they were finally caught.

Be careful when pinning labels of "model citizen" to these athletes because it's like a voodoo doll curse \ jinx.

As for Howard to the Bulls....Laker fans make the same claims as if his locker is already setup with Howard's name on it.  LOL  BRING ON THE LOCKOUT!!!

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2011, 07:15:57 AM »
Be careful when pinning labels of "model citizen" to these athletes because it's like a voodoo doll curse \ jinx.

As for Howard to the Bulls....Laker fans make the same claims as if his locker is already setup with Howard's name on it.  LOL  BRING ON THE LOCKOUT!!!

Well, I did say "since coming back to Chicago". I'm not saying something couldn't go wrong, but Rose has kept his nose clean, done plenty for the community, and busted his ass to become the youngest MVP in history. Skeletons may show up in his closet in the future, but so far, no city could ask for a better face of a franchise.

Regarding Howard, who knows what will happen, but I'm just saying that it's premature to think the Bulls won't beat the Heat if they don't do it this year. When they restructure the salaries, Miami may have to break up the Big 2+1 before they even win a single title.

feedback