'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What do Kam Jones and Joey Hauser have in common?  (Read 4929 times)

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Re: What do Kam Jones and Joey Hauser have in common?
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2023, 11:23:57 PM »
Oh Mrs. Hauser, stop reading Scoop.
I'm Mrs Hauser because I think it's cringe that, 4 years later, we still have fans obsessing over this kid's every move, taking some sick joy in his poor play?

Even I mostly gave it up on hammering Wojo now that he's long gone, but look at you - a true embarrassment.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2023, 11:24:50 PM »
This post by you is disinformation and taken out of context to make yourself look better. Classic.

Surprised you didn’t mention how that post was wojos fault half way through.
I can go through threads that don’t have anything to do with our past coach and you bring him up all the time man.

But then back up your emotional dump truck whenever someone says something about two players who quit on the team.

The stevens point boys quit on the team… Wojo at least was still trying to win the games. Maybe not the way you wanted 5$Bitcher… but he didn’t quit on the team.

Was he a good coach? Most likely not… and was rightfully fired. But he didn’t quit on the team.
This is borderline lunacy

fjm

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2023, 11:25:45 PM »

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2023, 11:26:51 PM »
Which part?
The defending yourself shi**ing on a kid that hasn't been associated with the program for almost half a decade part.  That part.  Move on.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2023, 11:30:46 PM »
The defending yourself shi**ing on a kid that hasn't been associated with the program for almost half a decade part.  That part.  Move on.

You quoted all my stuff and said it was borderline lunacy. And the only part was me saying they quit on the team and the coach didn’t?

That’s a pretty low standard for “borderline lunacy”.

You need to work on your definitions.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2023, 11:34:15 PM »
You quoted all my stuff and said it was borderline lunacy. And the only part was me saying they quit on the team and the coach didn’t?

That’s a pretty low standard for “borderline lunacy”.

You need to work on your definitions.
I don't care who quit and who didn't.  They lost and they're all gone now.  They were all bad for the program.  Move along instead of acting like a jilted lover that's irreparably damaged.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2023, 11:35:32 PM »
I'm Mrs Hauser because I think it's cringe that, 4 years later, we still have fans obsessing over this kid's every move, taking some sick joy in his poor play?

Even I mostly gave it up on hammering Wojo now that he's long gone, but look at you - a true embarrassment.

You look beautiful today, Mrs. Hauser.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

fjm

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2023, 11:36:30 PM »
I don't care who quit and who didn't.  They lost and they're all gone now.  They were all bad for the program.  Move along instead of acting like a jilted lover that's irreparably damaged.

I do appreciate that sentiment.
If you don’t care. Then why do you still always bring up Wojo tirelessly?

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2023, 11:38:03 PM »
I do appreciate that sentiment.
If you don’t care. Then why do you still always bring up Wojo tirelessly?
Go check my history since he's actually been fired and the subsequent offseason when the program has moved on.  I haven't except where it may be relevant in discussing the current state of the program.

I also get particularly bothered that we create THREADS dedicated to this irrelevancy nearly 5 years later.  When's the last Wojo thread you've seen?  Meanwhile, we have a 50+ pager going in Superbar tracking these guys' every move.  It's a different level of obsession.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 11:42:52 PM by 5DollarPitcher »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2023, 12:16:54 AM »
Go check my history since he's actually been fired and the subsequent offseason when the program has moved on.  I haven't except where it may be relevant in discussing the current state of the program.

I also get particularly bothered that we create THREADS dedicated to this irrelevancy nearly 5 years later.  When's the last Wojo thread you've seen?  Meanwhile, we have a 50+ pager going in Superbar tracking these guys' every move.  It's a different level of obsession.

Thank you!
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2023, 08:19:04 AM »
They both ended up with great coaches. 

Fin.

###

-30-
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2023, 08:24:14 AM »
Who?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2023, 08:28:10 AM »
Who?

Dude we had a crapty coach, people adjusted.  The Hausers adjusted a little before we did. Say thanks to the blog boys. 

It’s hilarious and pathetic to me that y’all think it’s cool for us to bail on Steve in 2021 but it’s terrible that Steph and Dave bailed in 2019.  It’s hypocritical and it’s goes against what we are as a program.  They didn’t leave, they turned the light on.  Build em a freaking statue.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 08:42:02 AM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MU82

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2023, 08:37:56 AM »
They both ended up with great coaches. 

Fin.

###

-30-

Izzo definitely has had a great coaching career, but ...

Since Hauser started playing for the Hall of Fame coach in the 2020-21 season, Izzo has a .617 overall winning percentage and .522 in the Big Ten. Before that season, Izzo's winning percentage was .723 overall and .696 in the conference. ... Sparty won the conference title the 3 years before Hauser arrived; in Hauser's first two seasons they finished 8th and 7th (we'll see where they land this year). ... Sparty reached the Final Four in the last pre-Hauser tournament. Hauser had 5 points and was benched in last year's NCAAT loss to Duke.

But there's still time, and maybe they'll find glory together before this season is over.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 08:49:21 AM by MU82 »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2023, 08:41:46 AM »
I am a fan of both.    Now.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2023, 09:04:51 AM »
https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=64000.0
This is a thread posting a blog about the state of the Shaka-led program that devolved into discussion / debate about previous coaches, including Wojo.

This thread is nothing like the obsessed schadenfraude you see with the Hauser threads.

panda

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2023, 09:30:33 AM »
Izzo definitely has had a great coaching career, but ...

Since Hauser started playing for the Hall of Fame coach in the 2020-21 season, Izzo has a .617 overall winning percentage and .522 in the Big Ten. Before that season, Izzo's winning percentage was .723 overall and .696 in the conference. ... Sparty won the conference title the 3 years before Hauser arrived; in Hauser's first two seasons they finished 8th and 7th (we'll see where they land this year). ... Sparty reached the Final Four in the last pre-Hauser tournament. Hauser had 5 points and was benched in last year's NCAAT loss to Duke.

But there's still time, and maybe they'll find glory together before this season is over.

#notobsessed

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2023, 09:53:30 AM »
#notobsessed

Those are facts.

Process them any way you'd like, Mr. I'll Die on the Hill of Houston being "far and away the best team in the country."

panda

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2023, 10:00:22 AM »
Those are facts.

Process them any way you'd like, Mr. I'll Die on the Hill of Houston being "far and away the best team in the country."

I’d rather die on that hill than constantly post facts about a kid who hasn’t played at Marquette since before the pandemic started.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2023, 10:19:27 AM »
I’d rather die on that hill than constantly post facts about a kid who hasn’t played at Marquette since before the pandemic started.

Seems strange to constantly visit threads dedicated to subjects you have no interest in, but you do you!

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2023, 10:26:50 AM »
Seems strange to constantly visit threads dedicated to subjects you have no interest in, but you do you!
The interest is the embarrassment you provide by bathing in the minutia of a kid’s career who transferred from the program 5 years ago.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2023, 11:55:48 AM »
The interest is the embarrassment you provide by bathing in the minutia of a kid’s career who transferred from the program 5 years ago.

Joey's a sexpot. What else is there?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2023, 12:22:09 PM »
Honestly overall I have seen a lot more post obsessively praising the Hausers than crapping on them until recently.  This season the Hauser worshippers have started to teeter off and there detractors have continued on.

Both sides are weird to me, I don't get either one
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback