collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1128991 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #9227 on: December 04, 2020, 12:33:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/pebonilla/status/1334711292322590724?s=20

Yep. The attitudes of too many Americans have gone way too far in the 'me first' direction. In WWII, the whole country faced widespread hardships and deprivations for years, all to support the war effort. Today, too many Americans can't be inconvenienced to wear a simple mask and follow guidelines on social distancing and holiday gatherings.

Very sad.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9229 on: December 05, 2020, 07:57:36 AM »
My wife, a pediatric RN, was sad to report that a 14-year-old under her team's care just died of complications due to COVID-19.

The girl had pre-existing conditions, but my wife said there was absolutely no reason to believe she wouldn't have lived a normal life.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #9230 on: December 05, 2020, 08:11:29 AM »
My wife, a pediatric RN, was sad to report that a 14-year-old under her team's care just died of complications due to COVID-19.

The girl had pre-existing conditions, but my wife said there was absolutely no reason to believe she wouldn't have lived a normal life.

So sad to hear this. Unfortunately this isn't uncommon around the US.

Also, I've heard that in your area, some hospitals are hit pretty hard and having to convert units into makeshift ICUs.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9231 on: December 05, 2020, 08:38:43 AM »
So sad to hear this. Unfortunately this isn't uncommon around the US.

Also, I've heard that in your area, some hospitals are hit pretty hard and having to convert units into makeshift ICUs.

My wife works for the largest hospital system in the southeast. It and its main rival seem to be in pretty good shape. But yes, there are many smaller, independent hospitals, especially in more rural areas, that are having serious problems now.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9232 on: December 06, 2020, 02:45:32 PM »
Rudy Giuliani positive....

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9233 on: December 06, 2020, 03:27:31 PM »
Thoughts and prayers.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #9234 on: December 06, 2020, 03:36:59 PM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9235 on: December 06, 2020, 03:54:18 PM »
Mentioned in the Sweden thread.    But worth mentioning lots of places. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #9236 on: December 06, 2020, 04:20:28 PM »
Mentioned in the Sweden thread.    But worth mentioning lots of places.

I see it now, thanks. Forgot there was a Sweden thread.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9237 on: December 06, 2020, 04:44:57 PM »

Are extreme dishonesty, delusion and total disregard for human life comorbidities?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9238 on: December 06, 2020, 04:45:28 PM »
Hair dye may be.   

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #9239 on: December 06, 2020, 05:36:58 PM »

How many people has he exposed to this virus.

Also, already hospitalized, and I'm sure getting access to medication the average American would never be able to get.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #9240 on: December 06, 2020, 06:04:30 PM »
How many people has he exposed to this virus.

Also, already hospitalized, and I'm sure getting access to medication the average American would never be able to get.

Exactly. I am not wishing for anyone to die, but I am pretty sick of these guys taking zero precautions, as well as actually killing people, and they get special treatment.

They should be at the bottom of the list for the latest treatments.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9241 on: December 06, 2020, 06:16:55 PM »
Exactly. I am not wishing for anyone to die, but I am pretty sick of these guys taking zero precautions, as well as actually killing people, and they get special treatment.

Yep...unless he wants Trump to stick a UV light up his a$$.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #9242 on: December 06, 2020, 07:06:21 PM »

A few weeks after Trump had his bout with Covid and got special treatment my mom was tested for covid. The dr told her if positive they would spend about an hour or 2 giving her an IV of the trump drug as my mom called it.  Not sure what that was but i was surprised to hear that it was available to the general population. She was negative so never got the trump drug.

So i guess I am very confused what is available to the general population

• All American
« Reply #9243 on: December 06, 2020, 07:10:05 PM »

So how exactly do you manage this?  How do you determine who has taken the appropriate precautions and therefore worthy of treatment?

You can’t. And you know that. So yet another post of yours that makes no sense.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9244 on: December 06, 2020, 07:11:59 PM »
So how exactly do you manage this?  How do you determine who has taken the appropriate precautions and therefore worthy of treatment?

Exactly. That attitude is just as selfish as the people who unnecessarily put themselves at risk is selfish.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #9245 on: December 06, 2020, 07:27:49 PM »

Seriously? Read my post and digest what I actually said. I was talking a specific subset of the population - trump a$$ lickers who totally disregard the public safety. Then after helping spread the disease - and yes, killing people, they get treatments that you and I could never get.

For being one of the smarter guys on this board (I mean that; it is not sarcasm), your inclination to always look for an argument can obscure that fact.

• All American
« Reply #9246 on: December 06, 2020, 07:31:08 PM »
Seriously? Read my post and digest what I actually said. I was talking a specific subset of the population - trump a$$ lickers who totally disregard the public safety. Then after helping spread the disease - and yes, killing people, they get treatments that you and I could never get.

For being one of the smarter guys on this board (I mean that; it is not sarcasm), your inclination to always look for an argument can obscure that fact.

First, wades is right that your position is just as immoral and those who you want to suffer from withholding treatment.

Second, how do you determine who hasn’t done enough to warrant treatment?  You answered this with political drivel and not substance above. Can you now manage a substantive answer?

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #9247 on: December 06, 2020, 07:47:31 PM »
First, wades is right that your position is just as immoral and those who you want to suffer from withholding treatment.

Second, how do you determine who hasn’t done enough to warrant treatment?  You answered this with political drivel and not substance above. Can you now manage a substantive answer?

Again, you miss my point entirely. You want to argue.

Immoral is letting innocent people who have have taken every precaution die without access to treatments that could save them, while those who are openly and actively spreading the disease get that treatment.

So, no mas. I'm done with you.

• All American
« Reply #9248 on: December 06, 2020, 07:53:10 PM »
Again, you miss my point entirely. You want to argue.

Immoral is letting innocent people who have have taken every precaution die without access to treatments that could save them, while those who are openly and actively spreading the disease get that treatment.

So, no mas. I'm done with you.

In other words, you want to rant but not actually provide substantive answers. Not surprised.

pbiflyer

• All American

feedback