[May 10, 2024, 10:24:14 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Vander Blue Man Group
[May 10, 2024, 09:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 10, 2024, 08:12:15 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by LloydsLegs
[May 10, 2024, 03:08:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 194047 times)

DienerTime34

• All American
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #250 on: May 10, 2018, 11:14:02 AM »
The pair of lower-bowl corners I paid about $1,600 for last season are now $1,800 or $2,000, depending on how close to the court. That's an increase of 12% and 25%.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #251 on: May 10, 2018, 11:28:48 AM »
Recent grads see no price increase. Will likely move more mid court as it shows a maybe $50 increase.

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #252 on: May 10, 2018, 11:36:24 AM »
Shockingly very reasonable...especially as a recent grad ;)  ;D

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #253 on: May 10, 2018, 11:37:15 AM »
Upper bowl cost is the same!!!  ;)
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #254 on: May 10, 2018, 11:46:03 AM »
Upper bowl cost is the same!!!  ;)

From my perspective, 441's angle at the BC is what 221 would be at the WESC. $275 vs. $450. Not quite the same.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #255 on: May 10, 2018, 11:47:44 AM »
Absolutely RIDICULOUS that they charge more for an aisle seat..My cost goes up for that reason alone...I mean are the damn things made of gold or what?? A seat is a seat.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #256 on: May 10, 2018, 11:50:09 AM »
A lot more choices which is great.  My sideline seats went down (yes down) -17% or went up +23% depending on my choices.

Clubs require a $12K or $4k donation.  Yikes!  I will be joining the Doubles Club at the Brat House.

MU AD did a nice job monetizing the selections via segmentation.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #257 on: May 10, 2018, 11:52:38 AM »
Absolutely RIDICULOUS that they charge more for an aisle seat..My cost goes up for that reason alone...I mean are the damn things made of gold or what?? A seat is a seat.

If there is no value in the aisle seat for you then don't pay for it. I suspect you are upset because there is value you just don't want to pay for it. Typical millennial

;D 
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #258 on: May 10, 2018, 11:56:57 AM »
From my perspective, 441's angle at the BC is what 221 would be at the WESC. $275 vs. $450. Not quite the same.

that's what I'm seeing as well.  Overall the prices seem reasonable (full season for $125 still), but the shift in sections gives me the tough decision of worse view or minimum 40% increase.
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

muguru

• All American
« Reply #259 on: May 10, 2018, 12:03:50 PM »
If there is no value in the aisle seat for you then don't pay for it. I suspect you are upset because there is value you just don't want to pay for it. Typical millennial

;D

Hardly a millennial! There is value, GREAT value, just wondering why a few sections of the uppers are more for aisle's and others aren't??

Why should I HAVE to pay more for an aisle seat?? Didn't at the BC...if anything they should be less, because you have to constantly get up to let others in the rwo get out during play.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 12:05:23 PM by muguru »

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Bocephys

• All American

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #261 on: May 10, 2018, 12:10:04 PM »
Hardly a millennial! There is value, GREAT value, just wondering why a few sections of the uppers are more for aisle's and others aren't??

Why should I HAVE to pay more for an aisle seat?? Didn't at the BC...if anything they should be less, because you have to constantly get up to let others in the rwo get out during play.

Have you heard of supply and demand? You say an aisle seat has great value and there are fewer of them then non-aisle seats ergo.......
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Carl Spackler

• Starter
« Reply #262 on: May 10, 2018, 12:11:44 PM »

this is dumb.  you only HAVE to pay more for an aisle seat if you choose to.  If you see negative value in an aisle seat requiring you to let people in - then choose the very center of the row.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #263 on: May 10, 2018, 12:13:10 PM »
Here is last years map for comp.
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/marq/genrel/auto_pdf/2016-17/misc_non_event/MBBSeasonTixMap_1718.pdf

Assuming behind the south basket folks (101,102,206-208) will just bleed out into corners now. So take that into account if you were in corners before, more.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #264 on: May 10, 2018, 12:13:58 PM »
It was a thing in the survey. I was one that said, I was willing to pay tons more for an aisle seats. Less aisle seats is the new arena.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

muguru

• All American
« Reply #265 on: May 10, 2018, 12:14:28 PM »
Have you heard of supply and demand? You say an aisle seat has great value and there are fewer of them then non-aisle seats ergo.......

But I always thought most people prefer being more in the middle of a row..again, why are aisles more in sections 207-209,221-223, but nowhere else in the upper level?? What makes THOSE aisles seats more special then the others in the upper level?? That's all I'm asking..

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #266 on: May 10, 2018, 12:16:23 PM »
I was in section 442 at the BC. I understand what your saying.
-Bill Walton

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #267 on: May 10, 2018, 12:17:16 PM »
But I always thought most people prefer being more in the middle of a row..again, why are aisles more in sections 207-209,221-223, but nowhere else in the upper level?? What makes THOSE aisles seats more special then the others in the upper level?? That's all I'm asking..

-There are less of them
-Leg room
-People would rather be center court than corners/end zones on the upper level
-Easy access to concessions
-Those seats always went the fastest in the reseating process in the old stadium

McLintock

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #268 on: May 10, 2018, 12:17:33 PM »
This isn't rocket science.  The people in the upstairs corners are either cheap, lacking in resources or, most likely, simply aren't willing to pay any more than they already are for their season tickets.  Ergo, no aisle premium there.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #269 on: May 10, 2018, 12:18:13 PM »
It was a thing in the survey. I was one that said, I was willing to pay tons more for an aisle seats. Less aisle seats is the new arena.

I guess I do remember that question, but...as I asked before Nielsen, and you should know, why are aisles more only in those sections, and not every section in the upper bowl?? That seems weird to me

fjm

• All American
« Reply #270 on: May 10, 2018, 12:20:52 PM »

Ok that is a fair point.

The Coors light new grad section last year was where the "upper corners" or sections 211 / 212 are this year. That now costs $275.

So to sit in the same spot? Sure going to cost more.
But the prices are significantly better than I expected.

Guru I'm even surprised you're looking at tickets after last year buddy! But the aisle seats are amazing to have and worth the extra $30 a season.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #271 on: May 10, 2018, 12:20:57 PM »
-There are less of them
-Leg room
-People would rather be center court than corners/end zones on the upper level
-Easy access to concessions
-Those seats always went the fastest in the reseating process in the old stadium

Really?? Because from my experiences, and remembering what the seating looked like when I choose, there were always tons of aisle seats available, but the centers of the rows were filled first..I always thought that was odd...I HATE the center seats. I think people have this idea that if you are in the center of the row, the view is automatically better.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #272 on: May 10, 2018, 12:23:31 PM »
Any idea how many total rows there are in most sections of the uppers, compared to the BC?? obviously less, but how much less??

fjm

• All American
« Reply #273 on: May 10, 2018, 12:24:23 PM »
Guru you are not the only one who HATES the center seats. I do also. That's why if I move down or baseline I will certainly pay the extra $30.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #274 on: May 10, 2018, 12:25:05 PM »
Any idea how many total rows there are in most sections of the uppers, compared to the BC?? obviously less, but how much less??
Rumor was between 10-12 rows total per section. So maybe 8-10 rows less than at the BC?

feedback