collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 384447 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #1550 on: February 28, 2021, 10:54:58 AM »
So the mask wearing is about protecting other people? Who knew?  ;D

But doc and many of the other anti Covid prevention measure folks have made it abundantly clear that they don’t give a flying f about other people, it’s all about them,

"anti Covid prevention measure folks"  are you kidding me??

listen up pb!!

we have been open and treating patients since may 1.  a rough estimate is that we have probably had 40-50 patients per day walk thru our doors for 10 months now.  that's 200-250/week (5 day work week)  so approx 10,000 patients since may 1.  we have had ONE employee become ill and we know that she caught it from her mother outside our clinic.  i have had NO patient come back to us telling us that they have suspected of contacting or contact traced an illness back to us.

i come home from work every day, stripped out of my clothes, shower.  my scrubs stay at office and are laundered there. my wife who has just come off of a successful breast cancer therapy during which her immune response was very compromised, has been covid free.  my 86 year old mother whom i've had multiple contacts with, has been covid free.  my father who is in a nursing home came down with a very (thank God) mild case of covid, not from me, has recovered just fine.  my 2 sons and their friends are covid free.

so you can walk your very misguided, short sighted, generalized and libelous statement back any time now.  i won't be holding my breath, but speaking of which, now i believe i know where the initials "pb" come from, or should anyway       
don't...don't don't don't don't

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1551 on: February 28, 2021, 11:13:41 AM »
I think the communication from Biden and Fauci hasn’t been great recently. Maybe because I’m scanning articles, but it seems to me they are saying even with the vaccine, we will be masked into 2022 with limited things open. Almost similar to what we are doing now. Is that the case? Or is that a case of just reading biased tweets without actually reading the articles?

I mean, if we are mostly back to normal going into 2022 and masked when going to stadium events where there’s 10k-70k people in close quarters, I could live with that. But my thought is once I get the vaccine, I’ll be expanding my bubble and there would be very limited masking by this fall.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1552 on: February 28, 2021, 11:18:26 AM »
I think the communication from Biden and Fauci hasn’t been great recently. Maybe because I’m scanning articles, but it seems to me they are saying even with the vaccine, we will be masked into 2022 with limited things open. Almost similar to what we are doing now. Is that the case? Or is that a case of just reading biased tweets without actually reading the articles?

I mean, if we are mostly back to normal going into 2022 and masked when going to stadium events where there’s 10k-70k people in close quarters, I could live with that. But my thought is once I get the vaccine, I’ll be expanding my bubble and there would be very limited masking by this fall.

I think the messaging is bad and doing a disservice to the vaccination campaign, which could be severely hampered by a “what’s the point” reaction.

Look the goal shouldn’t be to eliminate Covid or even Covid deaths or hospitalizations. People will continue to get Covid. The vast majority will be OK. Some will die.

But if we haven’t masked and distanced for the flu in recent years, why would we do for this?

There should be a huge “get the vaccination” campaign with light at the end of the tunnel type messaging. Look at Neyetanyahu in Israel and some of the add they are putting out. Let’s copy those.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 11:20:51 AM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1553 on: February 28, 2021, 12:29:10 PM »
Time to end this nonsense and all that goes with it.
No, it isn't nonsense. And no, it isn't time to end it until we achieve herd immunity.

So simple even a healthcare professional can grasp it.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1554 on: February 28, 2021, 12:43:03 PM »
Downside... my mother in law now has two doses on board and now wants to start visiting again.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1555 on: February 28, 2021, 12:57:49 PM »

listen up pb!!

we have been open and treating patients since may 1.  a rough estimate is that we have probably had 40-50 patients per day walk thru our doors for 10 months now.  that's 200-250/week (5 day work week)  so approx 10,000 patients since may 1.  we have had ONE employee become ill and we know that she caught it from her mother outside our clinic.  i have had NO patient come back to us telling us that they have suspected of contacting or contact traced an illness back to us.

i come home from work every day, stripped out of my clothes, shower.  my scrubs stay at office and are laundered there. my wife who has just come off of a successful breast cancer therapy during which her immune response was very compromised, has been covid free.  my 86 year old mother whom i've had multiple contacts with, has been covid free.  my father who is in a nursing home came down with a very (thank God) mild case of covid, not from me, has recovered just fine.  my 2 sons and their friends are covid free.

so you can walk your very misguided, short sighted, generalized and libelous statement back any time now.  i won't be holding my breath, but speaking of which, now i believe i know where the initials "pb" come from, or should anyway       

If you are so pro-science and truly understand the risks, why not have more empathy for the great majority of us who are still awaiting our turn for the vaccine?

Your 'I got to the front of the line, so let ME get back to normal' rings pretty hollow when most of us are still worried about contracting a potentially very serious (or deadly) illness. Cura personalis, ai'na?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1556 on: February 28, 2021, 01:04:37 PM »
No, it isn't nonsense. And no, it isn't time to end it until we achieve herd immunity.

So simple even a healthcare professional can grasp it.

Tony, you be you and I just want to be me. Doesn't bother me if you stay in your hidey hole from now until MU wins its next Natty. Just I want less government intervention, not more. For the record, Fauci is an idiot who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #1557 on: February 28, 2021, 01:16:01 PM »

Tony, you be you and I just want to be me. Doesn't bother me if you stay in your hidey hole from now until MU wins its next Natty. Just I want less government intervention, not more. For the record, Fauci is an idiot who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Between him and you, I know which “health care professional” I would trust more.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1558 on: February 28, 2021, 01:19:02 PM »
Between him and you, I know which “health care professional” I would trust more.

Knowing we need 75% of the population vaccinated, I'll take the one who is saying, "Just open everything up and let me be me!" while we're sitting at 7.1% fully vaccinated.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1559 on: February 28, 2021, 02:48:52 PM »

If you are so pro-science and truly understand the risks, why not have more empathy for the great majority of us who are still awaiting our turn for the vaccine?

Your 'I got to the front of the line, so let ME get back to normal' rings pretty hollow when most of us are still worried about contracting a potentially very serious (or deadly) illness. Cura personalis, ai'na?

where did i say i have no empathy for anyone?  i just got done outlining how careful we've been for the last 10 months and the obvious effectiveness of that "empathy"

as doc just said earlier, i want the gubmint out of the way.  on the one hand, they say this shouldn't be politicized, but then do nothing but politicize it.  they continue to do a huge disservice to people, scaring the chit out of them so much so that many are afraid to even go to the hospital to take care of other medical issues.  they kowtow to the teachers union even though the science says open the hell up.  they continue to genuflect in front of fauci who has been about as consistent as gas station sushi.  their attitude to this unfortunate pandemic is, let not us show any light at the end of the tunnel for they may actually go back to church and school or something.  i just detect a little "not letting a good crtisis go to waste" here. 

if

• All American
« Reply #1560 on: February 28, 2021, 02:51:38 PM »
   where did i say i have no empathy for anyone?  i just got done outlining how careful we've been for the last 10 months and the obvious effectiveness of that "empathy"

as doc just said earlier, i want the gubmint out of the way.  on the one hand, they say this shouldn't be politicized, but then do nothing but politicize it.  they continue to do a huge disservice to people, scaring the chit out of them so much so that many are afraid to even go to the hospital to take care of other medical issues.  they kowtow to the teachers union even though the science says open the hell up.  they continue to genuflect in front of fauci who has been about as consistent as gas station sushi.  their attitude to this unfortunate pandemic is, let not us show any light at the end of the tunnel for they may actually go back to church and school or something.  i just detect a little "not letting a good crtisis go to waste" here. 

if

The government has been way more right than you have been.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1561 on: February 28, 2021, 02:56:02 PM »

You didn't say it. That's kinda the point. People who lack empathy often don't realize it.

But it shines through with your 'now that I have MY vaccine, it's time for us all to go back to normal' tirades.

Empathy would cause you to feel and understand the anxiety and fear of the ~85% of the population who still haven't been able to get their first dose of the vaccine, instead of having to be told about it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1562 on: February 28, 2021, 02:59:23 PM »
texas wanted gubmint out of the way, too ... until they had to beg gubmint to bail them out for their massive failure with their grid -- one they lied about and tried to blame on a green new deal that doesn't even exist.

lotsa folks want gubmint out of the way ... until they need gubmint.

i'll bet you'll accept your social security and medicare checks, you'll drive on the interstate highway system, you'll go to a national park or two, you'll be happy firefighters show up if your house catches fire, etc etc etc.

damn gubmint!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1563 on: February 28, 2021, 03:12:45 PM »
Let me clarify in a way many of you should understand. Science is real, aina? So, once vaccinated, its time to eliminate the absurdity. As I said, those who still insist on staying in their hidey hole, you be you. The rest of us want no part of this craziness any more.

Why dentists shouldn’t be considered medical professionals, MUScoop V2.0.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1564 on: February 28, 2021, 03:28:38 PM »
It is important to admit when you are wrong, and I have to admit I was wrong.

I should have said, "So simple even some healthcare professionals can grasp it."

You should protest the horrors of government. Don't wear your seat belt. Drive around drunk. And definitely don't pay attention to traffic lights; why does government get to dictate when you should stop anyway? Shouldn't you just be allowed to be you? Shouldn't you be the one to decide when you can go through a busy intersection?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 03:40:51 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1565 on: February 28, 2021, 03:32:17 PM »
Odd, I thought 4ever was all about 'submitting' to government officials.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1566 on: February 28, 2021, 04:52:22 PM »

listen up pb!!

Given your whining about all the Covid restrictions and desire for your vaccinated body to do whatever the hell you want, it is even more stunning that you go through what you described and aren’t supporting distancing and mask wearing and limits.
And I am not only a care taker for my 96 year old father, but also battling cancer right now. So excuse me if I don’t fall over and succumb to your demands.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1567 on: February 28, 2021, 05:34:54 PM »
Given your whining about all the Covid restrictions and desire for your vaccinated body to do whatever the hell you want, it is even more stunning that you go through what you described and aren’t supporting distancing and mask wearing and limits.
And I am not only a care taker for my 96 year old father, but also battling cancer right now. So excuse me if I don’t fall over and succumb to your demands.

You could just apologize to the guy for a silly comment.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1568 on: February 28, 2021, 06:07:56 PM »
You could just apologize to the guy for a silly comment.

Sorry, I spent 3 months knowing that if I get Covid, it could put me in serious danger, that if my father got it, he could die.
To endlessly listen to people poopooing science, whining about measures to stop the spread, cheering the idiot who said it would magically go away is exhausting.
If he got butt hurt for being called out about it, not my issue. Sorry, but not really.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1569 on: February 28, 2021, 06:13:49 PM »

You didn't say it. That's kinda the point. People who lack empathy often don't realize it.

But it shines through with your 'now that I have MY vaccine, it's time for us all to go back to normal' tirades.

Empathy would cause you to feel and understand the anxiety and fear of the ~85% of the population who still haven't been able to get their first dose of the vaccine, instead of having to be told about it.

that's just not right.  you are assuming i am non empathetic because of my politics,  i just got vaccine #2 last friday.  as i told you, we've been in people's mouths since may 1, 2020.  if i was so non empathetic, ya think there might have been a few more infections coming out of our office?  just a few??  maybe 3, 4 5?  we had ONE employee, and that was from her mother who is a nurse.  she got tested the minute she found out her mother was covid positive and she was paid for the days she had to be out of work!!  i did what it took to keep my patients, my employees and my family safe. 

actions are louder than words!! 

so what makes you or anyone else here care MORE than i do??   

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1570 on: February 28, 2021, 06:20:24 PM »
Sorry, I spent 3 months knowing that if I get Covid, it could put me in serious danger, that if my father got it, he could die.
To endlessly listen to people poopooing science, whining about measures to stop the spread, cheering the idiot who said it would magically go away is exhausting.
If he got butt hurt for being called out about it, not my issue. Sorry, but not really.

butt hurt?  ohhh, now it's about you?  so let's see who's stream is longer?

if i get covid, i put my dad, my mom, my wife, my patients in serious danger not to mention put my employees livelihood at risk.  so get off your high horse and realize you were just wrong about me

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1571 on: February 28, 2021, 06:32:31 PM »
  butt hurt?  ohhh, now it's about you?  so let's see who's stream is longer?

if i get covid, i put my dad, my mom, my wife, my patients in serious danger not to mention put my employees livelihood at risk.  so get off your high horse and realize you were just wrong about me

Right. So now you’re vaccinated. But you’re one of 7.5% of America’s population. So maybe slow the idea of “gubmint” stepping aside and letting people do as they want. There’s still a long way to go. Even if YOU are vaccinated. Sometimes the world is bigger than just YOU.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1572 on: February 28, 2021, 06:41:30 PM »
  that's just not right.  you are assuming i am non empathetic because of my politics,  i just got vaccine #2 last friday.  as i told you, we've been in people's mouths since may 1, 2020.  if i was so non empathetic, ya think there might have been a few more infections coming out of our office?  just a few??  maybe 3, 4 5?  we had ONE employee, and that was from her mother who is a nurse.  she got tested the minute she found out her mother was covid positive and she was paid for the days she had to be out of work!!  i did what it took to keep my patients, my employees and my family safe. 

actions are louder than words!! 

so what makes you or anyone else here care MORE than i do??   

It isn’t about politics and it isn’t about just being a good son, husband, dad or employer. That’s looking out for your own. Not a bad thing, but it isn’t what I’m talking about.

If you were truly an empathetic person, you would be able to put yourself in the shoes of all the unvaccinated people out there and understand their fear instead of mocking it. You would understand the bigger picture, and intuitively make the sacrifice for the greater good instead of complaining about your petty inconveniences.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1573 on: February 28, 2021, 06:42:39 PM »
Great.  Bickering about politics...

Below is a link to something that is being noticed anecdotally...vaccines are helping long haulers feel better.  Dr Iwasaki has some hypotheses and knowing the types of research they have been pursuing — hopefully starting a study. 

https://twitter.com/virusesimmunity/status/1366067849480048643?s=21

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1574 on: February 28, 2021, 06:44:18 PM »
Great.  Bickering about politics...

Below is a link to something that is being noticed anecdotally...vaccines are helping long haulers feel better.  Dr Iwasaki has some hypotheses and knowing the types of research they have been pursuing — hopefully starting a study. 

https://twitter.com/virusesimmunity/status/1366067849480048643?s=21

Yep. The politics is getting old. Even when you make a comment about empathy, people try to turn it into politics. Crazy place…

feedback