'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Andy Katz: C7 "likely to bump to 10"; Georgetown influence could mean Richmond  (Read 15456 times)

Aughnanure

• All American
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=collegebasketballnation&i=TWT&id=74915&w=1cl26&wjb

2. Villanova coach Jay Wright said on the podcast that the toughest part of the potential Big East seven split is not knowing what the nonconference schedule will be like for the next two seasons. The Wildcats have traditionally played Temple in the Big Five as a nonconference game. Unless the seven somehow leave early next season, the two teams will play a conference game or two against each other. But Wright said he's not sure, so the schedule will still be an unknown in February -- whereas in years past it would have been done already. Villanova knows who its six other conference members will be, but the seven will likely bump to 10 whenever it forms a new league. The top two choices will be Xavier and Butler out of the A-10. Questions remain about the third. The seven is likely going to stay private, and not necessarily Catholic. The question will be does the league go south or further west? Don't be surprised if Georgetown influences the decision and tries to get Richmond -- a scholarly school that has a decent hoop tradition and is geographically close enough to the others.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

🏀

• All American
ABD.

Anyone but Dayton.

ShannonSmith

• Scholarship Player
I thought 12 was more likely than 10? Was Hoping Creighton would get an invite.

Aughnanure

• All American
If its ten I would be surprised if St. Louis wasn't #10. Richmond is a major sleeper though. Leaving out Creighton would be disappointing.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
This waiting game is rough. I was hoping we'd at least have an announcement about the membership by this point.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

🏀

• All American
This waiting game is rough. I was hoping we'd at least have an announcement about the membership by this point.

Gotta wait til Tourney Time.

MU82

• All American
Assuming ND and Gonzaga are not in the mix, Creighton would be my top choice. Solid program for many years, private school and a similar mission to many others in the league.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

chapman

• All American
If it's 10, not sure how you don't go Creighton.  If 12, get SLU and Richmond too.   

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
10 doesn't seem like enough game inventory to justify the supposed $500m media offer. It's been quiet as of late. Even if totally fabricated, someone needs to start some new rumors :)
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

dwaderoy2004

• All American
Richmond or SLU as the 10th would be a mistake.  Gotta go big early and legitimize the conference.  Creighton is the way to go.  Richmond and SLU can be added later, as they certainly do have potential in the future.

Abode4life

• Team Captain
I'd love if we could get Notre Dame to come back.

Avenue Commons

• All American
Patience, young Jedi.........
We Are Marquette

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
I have heard it's going to be 10 to start with eye to 12. The powers at be want to see how the whole conference shuffle goes with the ACC and such. I have heard Creighton is the inside school but it's not decided yet. X and Butler are in.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Aughnanure

• All American

That's the dream scenario.

GGGG

• All American
Last night I had a dream I boinked the Direct TV Genie lady.  I think my dream is more likely to become reality than ND joining this conference.

honkytonk

• Team Captain
What's so important (or great) about having ND in the conference? An OOC game here and there is plenty enough for me. It's not like they are an annual contender...

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Last night I had a dream I boinked the Direct TV Genie lady.  I think my dream is more likely to become reality than ND joining this conference.

Maybe not, how much money do you have?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130112183425AAHW6S9

Tugg Speedman

• All American
What's so important (or great) about having ND in the conference? An OOC game here and there is plenty enough for me. It's not like they are an annual contender...

Having them (opposed to not) will raise the amount of TV revenue the conference will make.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member

Just like Georgetown, they have name recognition and an active alumni base.  That would really solidify Chicago for us.

Benny B

• All American
Last night I had a dream I boinked the Direct TV Genie lady.  I think my dream is more likely to become reality than ND joining this conference.

The ACC is about one defection away from your dream going from "not a chance" to "hey, wait a second."  If you're married, you might want to start perusing the divorce lawyer listings in the yellow pages.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

RideMyBuycks

• All American

She is exactly one day older than I am. Destiny.

Lennys Tap

• All American
Last night I had a dream I boinked the Direct TV Genie lady. 

PM Chicos. He can make it happen.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Huh. I leave for St. Thomas a week from today.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

79Warrior

• All American

It's snowing in Maui

MountainCreek19

• Walk-On
Huh. I leave for St. Thomas a week from today.

Sorry fellas, that is some steep competition.  He's a bi-racial angel.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1501564-derek-jeters-model-girlfriend-hannah-davis-is-your-direct-tv-genie