Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Offical NCAA Tournament thread  (Read 151136 times)

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
Re: Offical NCAA Tournament thread
« Reply #1375 on: March 29, 2021, 11:06:31 PM »
Arkansas cuts it to 4 and misses 10 shots in a row. 8 minutes without a FGBall game.

A convicted cheater against a well known cheater in the Final Four matchup. Uggh.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #1376 on: March 29, 2021, 11:08:39 PM »
Take note of how Baylor had 4 PGs on the floor with a few minutes to go and spread Arkansas out.  Arkansas couldn't do a thing.  Great guard play wins tourney games.  MU needs at least 2 guards.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1377 on: March 29, 2021, 11:36:11 PM »
Well, my bracket is hanging by a thread. If UCLA can upset Michigan, and Gonzaga wins the title I will win my bracket by a single point.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1378 on: March 30, 2021, 06:20:26 AM »
Well, my bracket is hanging by a thread. If UCLA can upset Michigan, and Gonzaga wins the title I will win my bracket by a single point.

I'm in the lead on mine with two already in the FF and still the potential of all four. The key for me is that Houston has to pull the upset over Baylor. I'm not overly confident in that.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 06:51:05 AM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1379 on: March 30, 2021, 06:37:45 AM »
I think I will win mine if anyone but Gonzaga wins the title. I thought Gonzaga would win it all, but I didn’t think the rest of my bracket would be good enough to have the best Gonzaga champion bracket so I picked Baylor over Gonzaga in the title, and now I’m sitting in first place as it is.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1380 on: March 30, 2021, 08:05:14 AM »
I think I will win mine if anyone but Gonzaga wins the title. I thought Gonzaga would win it all, but I didn’t think the rest of my bracket would be good enough to have the best Gonzaga champion bracket so I picked Baylor over Gonzaga in the title, and now I’m sitting in first place as it is.

I went for the best Gonzaga bracket strategy.  I learned my lesson in 2007 when I thought everyone would pick Florida to repeat.  Well, only one person ended up picking Florida and he won our pool easily.

And I actually do have the best Gonzaga bracket in my pool.  But the leader picked UCLA to the Elite 8.  Our scoring system has a seed bonus for the first 3 rounds, so that is almost like picking a champ.

At least I benefitted from that scoring system when Davidson went to the Elite 8 and I won my pool.  Me and the runner up both nailed the title game (Kansas over Memphis) but the Davidson run put me over the top.

As for your bracket, that's not a bad spot to be in.  Gonzaga could lose to any of USC, Michigan, or Baylor.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1381 on: March 30, 2021, 08:23:05 AM »

I went for the best Gonzaga bracket strategy.  I learned my lesson in 2007 when I thought everyone would pick Florida to repeat.  Well, only one person ended up picking Florida and he won our pool easily.

And I actually do have the best Gonzaga bracket in my pool.  But the leader picked UCLA to the Elite 8.  Our scoring system has a seed bonus for the first 3 rounds, so that is almost like picking a champ.

At least I benefitted from that scoring system when Davidson went to the Elite 8 and I won my pool.  Me and the runner up both nailed the title game (Kansas over Memphis) but the Davidson run put me over the top.

As for your bracket, that's not a bad spot to be in.  Gonzaga could lose to any of USC, Michigan, or Baylor.

Ours doubles the points every round, so if you pick the champion you get 32 points for that single game. I hate that because really no lead is safe; it's virtually impossible to win the pool if you don't pick the champion correctly (assuming that someone else does). I'm all for increasing the value of correct picks each round, but I don't like doubling them each round. Under our scoring system, it's worth more points (63) to pick the eventual champion than it is to pick the FF correctly (60).

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1382 on: March 30, 2021, 08:50:37 AM »
I have USC in the title game. If they run, I win.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #1383 on: March 30, 2021, 09:04:54 AM »
I have USC in the title game. If they run, I win.

Oh please no. Bill Walton will become totally impossible.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1384 on: March 30, 2021, 09:13:30 AM »
I need Gonzaga to win the title over Houston. Do that and I'm golden in my pool.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #1385 on: March 30, 2021, 09:41:39 AM »
Ours doubles the points every round, so if you pick the champion you get 32 points for that single game. I hate that because really no lead is safe; it's virtually impossible to win the pool if you don't pick the champion correctly (assuming that someone else does). I'm all for increasing the value of correct picks each round, but I don't like doubling them each round. Under our scoring system, it's worth more points (63) to pick the eventual champion than it is to pick the FF correctly (60).

Our system:

1x seed
2× seed
4 plus seed

So a 1 seed in the E8 is worth 8 points, but an 11 seed in the E8 is worth 48 points.  If you can nail some early upsets or a deep Cinderella run, you get rewarded.

I'm basically in 2nd thanks to picking USC to the E8, but the leader had both USC and UCLA in the E8, and he had all 1 seeds in the FF, with Illinois over Gonzaga in the title game. If Michigan makes the FF, he clinches.  Or a Gonzaga loss in any round, he clinches.

The only consolation is that 2nd place breaks even and only 1 person has a chance to pass me.  She needs Michigan to either make win the title, or make the title game while Gonzaga loses to USC.  UCLA beating Alabama really hurt my bracket but now I really need them to beat Michigan!  I would clinch 2nd and stay alive for 1st.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #1386 on: March 30, 2021, 12:20:08 PM »
Sweet 16, best viewership since 1993.
12% increase from 2019.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1387 on: March 30, 2021, 12:35:18 PM »
12% increase from 2019.

You think that's good? It's infinitely better than 2020 viewership.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #1388 on: March 30, 2021, 12:43:05 PM »
12% increase from 2019.

A lot of big market schools in the sweet 16 has got to help: USC, UCLA, Loyola, Nova, Houston.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #1389 on: March 30, 2021, 12:46:32 PM »
A lot of big market schools in the sweet 16 has got to help: USC, UCLA, Loyola, Nova, Houston.

Well, the difference is the stand alone games.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1390 on: March 30, 2021, 01:01:28 PM »
12% increase from 2019.

Yeah, this schedule is staying
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #1391 on: March 30, 2021, 01:37:41 PM »
Yeah, this schedule is staying

I don't think it will. Saturday thru Tuesday is not fan friendly in filling arena.

I'm also guessing the Elite 8 ratings will be very poor. 10:05ET game last night was brutal.
-Bill Walton

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1392 on: March 30, 2021, 01:41:24 PM »
I'm also guessing the Elite 8 ratings will be very poor.

I suspect you’re right about that.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1393 on: March 30, 2021, 05:59:18 PM »
Both the men's and women's regional semifinals garnered high viewership for their respective NCAA Tournament games over the weekend.

On the men's side, the Sweet 16 produced its best performance in 28 years, averaging 12.9 million viewers across CBS and TBS, marking a 12 percent increase from 2019. Throughout the eight games, the average of 6.46 million viewers was an improvement from the 5.74 million viewers that watched two years ago.

The women's games, meanwhile, brought in 1.559 million viewers on ABC for UConn vs. Iowa, while 1.223 million watched Baylor-Michigan. Monday's UConn-Baylor Elite Eight game drew 1.703 million viewers — the most watched game of the women's tournament so far.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1394 on: March 30, 2021, 06:06:06 PM »
Both the men's and women's regional semifinals garnered high viewership for their respective NCAA Tournament games over the weekend.

On the men's side, the Sweet 16 produced its best performance in 28 years, averaging 12.9 million viewers across CBS and TBS, marking a 12 percent increase from 2019. Throughout the eight games, the average of 6.46 million viewers was an improvement from the 5.74 million viewers that watched two years ago.

The women's games, meanwhile, brought in 1.559 million viewers on ABC for UConn vs. Iowa, while 1.223 million watched Baylor-Michigan. Monday's UConn-Baylor Elite Eight game drew 1.703 million viewers — the most watched game of the women's tournament so far.

The women's numbers may be higher than recent NBA games.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #1395 on: March 30, 2021, 06:28:38 PM »
Well that didnt look good, yikes

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1396 on: March 30, 2021, 06:30:42 PM »
No chest compressions yet.  At least the first time they came back from commercial.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #1397 on: March 30, 2021, 06:31:25 PM »
Scary stuff wow. Hoping he’s ok. That was bizarre.
No Finish Line

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1398 on: March 30, 2021, 06:35:19 PM »
He was sitting up and talking on the stretcher.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1399 on: March 30, 2021, 06:37:18 PM »
Gonzaga has taken like 1 jump shot in 7.5 minutes.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....