Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo to sit down w/ Sandy on Thursday  (Read 18174 times)

Groin_pull

• All American
Re: Wojo to sit down w/ Sandy on Thursday
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2014, 08:56:03 AM »
I just got an amazing visual of a recruiting visit from Buzz. Thank you for that.

All that tobacco and junk food. Must have great breath.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2014, 08:58:17 AM »
I just got an amazing visual of a recruiting visit from Buzz. Thank you for that.

Pretty disgusting habit.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2014, 09:01:12 AM »
Sandy was the first to try and get out of his commitment to Marquette. And ever since has been retweeting Ucla and other schools posts. Why is everyone so confident he doesn't open up?

Sandy has the chance to be courted by even more schools now. I think the most logical is opening up to see what other schools call & still giving MU a fair shot.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2014, 09:04:54 AM »
Wojo updated his Twitter profile.
Not sure who the other guy in the picture is though.
@steve_wojo

Heard the other guy could play a little.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2014, 09:05:06 AM »
Sandy was the first to try and get out of his commitment to Marquette. And ever since has been retweeting Ucla and other schools posts. Why is everyone so confident he doesn't open up?

Sandy has the chance to be courted by even more schools now. I think the most logical is opening up to see what other schools call & still giving MU a fair shot.

Might as well take a flight to LA, I would.  We will see how good Wojo will be on recruiting, I would hope kids think about the school, not just the coach.  All kids have to realize that coaches
come and go, so the school has be a reason why they chose the school in the first place.  Wojo played the game, Buzz really did not, just cleaned the gym.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2014, 09:24:33 AM »
Might as well take a flight to LA, I would.  We will see how good Wojo will be on recruiting, I would hope kids think about the school, not just the coach.  All kids have to realize that coaches
come and go, so the school has be a reason why they chose the school in the first place.  Wojo played the game, Buzz really did not, just cleaned the gym.

Yeah I could not blame the kid at all for taking a free trip to LA living in Seymour, WI. Also not helping potentially is that Kyle Anderson, Jordan Adams, and Zach Lavine all declared for the draft last week. If Wojo keeps him firm after today, then im beyond sold on Wojo

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2014, 09:27:40 AM »

Yeah I could not blame the kid at all for taking a free trip to LA living in Seymour, WI. Also not helping potentially is that Kyle Anderson, Jordan Adams, and Zach Lavine all declared for the draft last week. If Wojo keeps him firm after today, then im beyond sold on Wojo

Did not know that all 3 did, wow, Kevon Looney will be a star there next year, Cohen will not play much at either school his freshman year.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2014, 09:44:28 AM »

Enough of the anti-Buzz crap guys. Jesus. Guy got us a top 10 class for the first time in decades. He must not have been THAT bad to get us the recruits he did. He did a great job as coach for us. Give the friggin' guy a break. He may have left, but my Lord, he did a better job than Crean did.

Hopefully Wojo has something in him to get Cohen to remain committed to MU...which is what Buzz did. And if we lose Cohen, oh well. Odds are we are going to lose someone. I'm still thrilled the entire incoming team is returning. That's a great base to build off of right there.

PistolPete

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2014, 09:52:47 AM »
Enough of the anti-Buzz crap guys. Jesus. Guy got us a top 10 class for the first time in decades. He must not have been THAT bad to get us the recruits he did. He did a great job as coach for us. Give the friggin' guy a break. He may have left, but my Lord, he did a better job than Crean did.

Hopefully Wojo has something in him to get Cohen to remain committed to MU...which is what Buzz did. And if we lose Cohen, oh well. Odds are we are going to lose someone. I'm still thrilled the entire incoming team is returning. That's a great base to build off of right there.

There's no doubt it's a talented class, but I keep hearing 'Top 10' and I'm just curious where you're getting this from? ESPN ranks our '14 class #19, Rivals #20, and 247 Sports #20.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2014, 09:53:45 AM »

Sorry, Bert. Thanks for the perspective.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2014, 09:55:28 AM »
There's no doubt it's a talented class, but I keep hearing 'Top 10' and I'm just curious where you're getting this from? ESPN ranks our '14 class #19, Rivals #20, and 247 Sports #20.
I think last year's class was considered top 10.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2014, 09:56:03 AM »

I'm guessing he's referring to the 2013 class.
Of course, other than Burton sporadically, that class didn't produce anything of note on the court last year (for a variety of reasons, including late of PT and a bizarre transfer).

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2014, 09:56:21 AM »

Apologies if I'm off. Last I remembered us being ranked in '13 was somewhere between 8-10, right behind or in front of UM. Either way...point was...it was a solid class and the highest we've had in quite some time.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2014, 09:56:55 AM »
I'm guessing he's referring to the 2013 class.
Of course, other than Burton sporadically, that class didn't produce anything of note on the court last year (for a variety of reasons, including late of PT and a bizarre transfer).

And I was referring to 2013. Not 14.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2014, 10:09:52 AM »

Buzz did a great job, except last year, Vander left really hurt the team, but you must admit that Buzz did not play the right players or did a good enough job to lose all those OT games and the
last 4.  Buzz was fun to watch, listen, and his all out attack on recruiting, I hope Wojo does as well.

PistolPete

• Starter
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2014, 10:40:08 AM »

My fault. Valid point, they were both great classes.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2014, 04:24:30 PM »
My guess is one of the reasons all the players decided to stay was so they could show what they can do when they're allowed to play to their potential. That doesn't apply to the incoming recruits. I believe Sandy said Marquette was his dream school. Hopefully Wojo can connect with him and  show him how great the Wojo era will be.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2014, 05:30:38 PM »
does he drive, I wonder who he is going with?  Jerry Wainwright?

If he goes with Wainwright does he make Jerry crack a window or just wait?

Death on call

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2014, 05:43:50 PM »

Don't leave the elderly unattended in cars.

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2014, 07:13:44 PM »
Saw this from a story on Cohen:

"Guys were still calling me late in December,” Murphy added. “(Michigan State coach) Tom Izzo was calling and (Louisville’s Rick) Pitino.”

Said Cohen: “All these coaches, who were legends, were calling. It was so hard for me to believe at first. It was amazing.”

Cohen’s preference was to be a Marquette Golden Eagle, however. It was a team he followed growing up and one he dreamed of playing for.

He made his decision to attend Marquette known through Twitter on July 27, almost three years after the walk that Jon and Lucy took together regarding his future.

“That was always my dream, but I never knew if I could make that a reality,” he said. “But coming out of Seymour, not many people get recruited. That was my dream but I never thought it would happen.”

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2014, 07:14:59 PM »

That story has yet to be written and is still being written and will be for the coming weeks and months. 

Let's not forget, part of being a coach is not just winning and losing....I'll leave it at that

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2014, 07:16:17 PM »

I heard the 2013 class was really good on paper.....not sure if we ever got to see them play on the court at the same time or much at all to actually see how good they might be.  Should be fun to find out this year.

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2014, 07:26:06 PM »
At least I can say I tried to pull the conversation back to Cohen :-\

john31

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2014, 07:30:35 PM »

As per my thread about what Jerry was doing while the search was going on...

The car stops Wojo tell Jerry he will be back soon, Wojo goes in. Jerry sits in the car, counts to 30 twice.... Looks left then right, clears his throat then reaches into the glove box and pulls out a 4x8 block of Wisconsin cheddar...Ahhhh....

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2014, 07:38:11 PM »
Saw this from a story on Cohen:

"Guys were still calling me late in December,” Murphy added. “(Michigan State coach) Tom Izzo was calling and (Louisville’s Rick) Pitino.”

Said Cohen: “All these coaches, who were legends, were calling. It was so hard for me to believe at first. It was amazing.”

Cohen’s preference was to be a Marquette Golden Eagle, however. It was a team he followed growing up and one he dreamed of playing for.

He made his decision to attend Marquette known through Twitter on July 27, almost three years after the walk that Jon and Lucy took together regarding his future.

“That was always my dream, but I never knew if I could make that a reality,” he said. “But coming out of Seymour, not many people get recruited. That was my dream but I never thought it would happen.”
Guys like Pitino and Izzo don't make those calls in Dec. when a kid has already signed, unless they had inside info that Buzz was going. They already knew. This does not take a rocket scientist to figure out
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.