Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo to sit down w/ Sandy on Thursday  (Read 18202 times)

BrewCity83

• All American
Re: Wojo to sit down w/ Sandy on Thursday
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2014, 07:39:53 PM »
Guys like Pitino and Izzo don't make those calls in Dec. when a kid has already signed, unless they had inside info that Buzz was going. They already knew. This does not take a rocket scientist to figure out

That is an excellent point.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2014, 07:45:54 PM »
Guys like Pitino and Izzo don't make those calls in Dec. when a kid has already signed, unless they had inside info that Buzz was going. They already knew. This does not take a rocket scientist to figure out

Is it even legal for a coach to talk to a player signed at a different school?

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2014, 07:58:44 PM »
I think instead of going to Seymour to visit Cohen, Wojo should have been down in Georgia convincing Ahmed Hill to keep his commitment. He should be our biggest priority going forward. Maybe he already reached out to him and feels good about the situation. It would be great if one of our recruits would reaffirm their commitment to us soon. It would give me a lot of confidence in Wojo moving forward.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2014, 08:00:18 PM »
I think instead of going to Seymour to visit Cohen, Wojo should have been down in Georgia convincing Ahmed Hill to keep his commitment. He should be our biggest priority going forward. Maybe he already reached out to him and feels good about the situation. It would be great if one of our recruits would reaffirm their commitment to us soon. It would give me a lot of confidence in Wojo moving forward.

They both are high priorities and I'm sure he will meet with both.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2014, 08:01:12 PM »

Simmer down. Maybe Hill has affirmed. Cohen showed he hasn't. Quit jumping the gun and speculating and just let it play out. Wojo know what he is doing, and a hell of a lot more than us.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2014, 08:05:26 PM »

Let's see where Wojo goes tomorrow.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2014, 08:14:45 PM »

There have been no indications that Hill is wavering, while Cohen has been heavily recruited by Minnesota.  Pour the water where the flames are, son.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2014, 08:14:59 PM »
Simmer down. Maybe Hill has affirmed. Cohen showed he hasn't. Quit jumping the gun and speculating and just let it play out. Wojo know what he is doing, and a hell of a lot more than us.

+1
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2014, 08:20:14 PM »
I think you guys are giving too little recognition to how important the coaching relationship is with these guys. It's unfortunate that they don't all have the same love and tie to the school that Duane Wilson has. Hopefully there are a couple more of those players in this class.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2014, 08:36:53 PM »
I think you guys are giving too little recognition to how important the coaching relationship is with these guys. It's unfortunate that they don't all have the same love and tie to the school that Duane Wilson has. Hopefully there are a couple more of those players in this class.

Well as weve also seen the past week the players were not exactly too fond if Buzz either...

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2014, 10:33:26 PM »
For those who rip on twitter, stop reading.  For the rest of you, this was tweeted 5 min ago...

@SandyCohenIII: The visit with Coach Wojo was amazing. Can't wait to build a better relationship with him.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2014, 01:28:57 AM »
As per my thread about what Jerry was doing while the search was going on...

The car stops Wojo tell Jerry he will be back soon, Wojo goes in. Jerry sits in the car, counts to 30 twice.... Looks left then right, clears his throat then reaches into the glove box and pulls out a 4x8 block of Wisconsin cheddar...Ahhhh....

Effing hilarious, man!

Death on call

feedback