collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hydroxychloroquinine updates (and other potential treatments)  (Read 126491 times)

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: Hydroxychloroquinine updates (and other potential treatments)
« Reply #575 on: July 25, 2020, 05:22:08 PM »
I like how he was bitten not once, but twice by an emu. That's just impressive.

I’m surprised to find out he isn’t a Great White fan.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #576 on: July 25, 2020, 07:14:43 PM »
Things going well in Brazil.

https://twitter.com/gersonjr/status/1286451690892341252

This feels like it is from a Monty Python sketch.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #577 on: July 25, 2020, 09:42:39 PM »
The man who wrote this continually disregards, large peer-reviewed double blind control studies that contradict his opinion, instead favoring studies by random doctors, who don't even test their patients for COVID before treatment, and who offer no controls or concrete evidence of their results.

The man is bizarre, and clearly not a scientist.

He doesn’t ignore those.  In those large, double blind, controlled studies HSHS rich was given long into the virus taken hold and the disease precession was too far along for it to work. 

You though are ignoring all the evidence suggesting it might work when given early on.  Pretty courageous to be calling a Yale epidemiologist a Joe schmo from an anonymous message board, forgetful.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #578 on: July 25, 2020, 10:44:32 PM »
So let me get this straight. He gives patients that have tested positive for covid a drug early on before they show serious symptoms.
And a majority get better at about the same rate as people that receive no treatment whatsoever. Groundbreaking!

By the way, I have tiger repellent that is 100% effective in repealing tigers in the wild in the US.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #579 on: July 25, 2020, 10:50:57 PM »
So let me get this straight. He gives patients that have tested positive for covid a drug early on before they show serious symptoms.
And a majority get better at about the same rate as people that receive no treatment whatsoever. Groundbreaking!

By the way, I have tiger repellent that is 100% effective in repealing tigers in the wild in the US.
Actually, no, forgetful is correct: in at least one of those studies the doctor didn't even test the patients for COVID. But HCQ cured them! Game changer!
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #580 on: July 25, 2020, 11:13:30 PM »
You though are ignoring all the evidence suggesting it might work when given early on.

Please.  Take all you can get your hands on.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #581 on: July 27, 2020, 05:45:56 PM »
Absolutely ZERO agenda from this foreign doctor either way, just speaking out and giving information

https://twitter.com/fleccas/status/1287846643417657344?s=20
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #582 on: July 27, 2020, 05:46:51 PM »
Please.  Take all you can get your hands on.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #583 on: July 27, 2020, 06:00:51 PM »
Absolutely ZERO agenda from this foreign doctor either way, just speaking out and giving information

Ok.  Maybe one of the studies will work then.  Hope so....it’s certainly had more than a fair shot in NYC and around the world. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #584 on: July 27, 2020, 06:21:31 PM »
For those who believe the efficacy of HCQ is being denied/suppressed for political reasons please explain why it's not being used to great effect in other countries?
Are foreign governments and media letting people die in their nations just to stick it to Trump?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #585 on: July 27, 2020, 06:22:48 PM »

Do you EVER check your sources? Here is Dr. Stella's claim to fame: http://firepowerministry.org/blog/

I think you'll find her YouTube video "Deliverance From Family Line Witchcraft" as equally valid as her views on HCQ. Jump to the 20 minute mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1179&v=RYwjA8ZDyCE&feature=emb_logo

Now, how about you answer this question:

"So the question now is, guru, since you now know The Blaze lied to you by taking a quote out of context, does it change your mind? Because earlier you were complaining about people not accepting facts that didn't match what they wanted to believe..."
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 06:30:39 PM by TSmith34 »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #586 on: July 27, 2020, 06:30:56 PM »

Put it in a few more threads and maybe people will start to believe it.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #587 on: July 27, 2020, 06:33:51 PM »
Do you EVER check your sources? Here is Dr. Stella's claim to fame: http://firepowerministry.org/blog/

I think you'll find her YouTube video "Deliverance From Family Line Witchcraft" as equally valid as her views on HCQ. Jump to the 20 minute mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1179&v=RYwjA8ZDyCE&feature=emb_logo

"So the question now is, guru, since you now know The Blaze lied to you by taking a quote out of context, does it change your mind? Because earlier you were complaining about people not accepting facts that didn't match what they wanted to believe..."

Don't jugde.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #588 on: July 27, 2020, 06:40:40 PM »

El Oh El

muguru

• All American
« Reply #589 on: July 27, 2020, 07:02:32 PM »

Answered this last night, but Rocky deleted it...It's because I'm a conservative. No different then twitter, facebook, and reddit do to conservatives..silence them
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #590 on: July 27, 2020, 07:05:46 PM »
Answered this last night, but Rocky deleted it...It's because I'm a conservative. No different then twitter, facebook, and reddit do to conservatives..silence them

Yes. You are oppressed.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #591 on: July 27, 2020, 07:22:12 PM »
My poor dog is almost 10 and the arthritis is getting pretty bad.

Maybe I'll take her to guru's witch doctor.

What the hell does she have to lose?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #592 on: July 27, 2020, 07:24:43 PM »

So many snarky things could be said. I'll just let it go.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #593 on: July 27, 2020, 07:25:34 PM »
He doesn’t ignore those.  In those large, double blind, controlled studies HSHS rich was given long into the virus taken hold and the disease precession was too far along for it to work. 

You though are ignoring all the evidence suggesting it might work when given early on.  Pretty courageous to be calling a Yale epidemiologist a Joe schmo from an anonymous message board, forgetful.

He does ignore them. There are multiple peer reviewed studies that have looked at the exact iteration of treatment he is touting, and they were shown to have no benefit. Numerous nations (of every political variety) have looked into this, and found it has no statistically relevant benefit. There is no multi-national conspiracy against this treatment.

Next, I am not ignoring the evidence. I am probably one of the few people on this board that has read most COVID drug discovery papers, and serves on NIH review boards for funding decisions. I would gladly tell him everything I think on the matter to his face. I wish he was right, but the data does not support him in the least right now.

I actually don't think his errors are because of politics either. I think it is a psychological issue that I've notice amongst some people. I've noticed some people are having a hard time dealing with the emotional reality of a widespread, deadly virus, that we do not seem to understand and can't treat. In some of these people, there appears to be a protection-like mechanism where they are willing to believe in treatments (even when not supported) or conspiracy-ish theories that rationalize why this is all happening (separate from it just being part of life). I think he wants to believe there is a treatment, because he has a hard time admitting medical science doesn't understand this yet. 

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #594 on: July 27, 2020, 09:41:40 PM »
He does ignore them. There are multiple peer reviewed studies that have looked at the exact iteration of treatment he is touting, and they were shown to have no benefit. Numerous nations (of every political variety) have looked into this, and found it has no statistically relevant benefit. There is no multi-national conspiracy against this treatment.

Next, I am not ignoring the evidence. I am probably one of the few people on this board that has read most COVID drug discovery papers, and serves on NIH review boards for funding decisions. I would gladly tell him everything I think on the matter to his face. I wish he was right, but the data does not support him in the least right now.

I actually don't think his errors are because of politics either. I think it is a psychological issue that I've notice amongst some people. I've noticed some people are having a hard time dealing with the emotional reality of a widespread, deadly virus, that we do not seem to understand and can't treat. In some of these people, there appears to be a protection-like mechanism where they are willing to believe in treatments (even when not supported) or conspiracy-ish theories that rationalize why this is all happening (separate from it just being part of life). I think he wants to believe there is a treatment, because he has a hard time admitting medical science doesn't understand this yet.

Haha

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #595 on: July 27, 2020, 11:54:25 PM »
Haha

Don’t waste time in a debate with Forgetful. You will lose every time.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #596 on: July 28, 2020, 08:04:30 AM »
Don’t waste time in a debate with Forgetful. You will lose every time.

I don’t view having conversations as win/lose scenarios, that way of thinking is why we are so divided. 

I was laughing at him being a self proclaimed psychologist now and then finally admitting that after 7 months of trying to figure this virus out the medical/science community still has no idea what to do besides put on a mask and distance yourself from strangers.

I could have come up with that plan on day 1 hour 1 and these folks want us to put their opinions up on some pedestal.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #597 on: July 28, 2020, 08:07:56 AM »
Still sciencing.   Still trying to learn.    Starting from zero and now 8 months in.   Of course it will take time.    Of course there are going to be times when something new is learned and directions get changed.    No sh!t.    The scientists continue to progress.     Society at large continues to be impatient toddler/Karens. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #598 on: July 28, 2020, 09:00:30 AM »
Still sciencing.   Still trying to learn.    Starting from zero and now 8 months in.   Of course it will take time.    Of course there are going to be times when something new is learned and directions get changed.    No sh!t.    The scientists continue to progress.     Society at large continues to be impatient toddler/Karens.

“Inpatient toddlers and Karen’s” as they watch friends and loved ones die.  Elderly parents remain isolated in their golden years, kids routines turned upside down, church services shut down, job layoffs, etc.  Pretty much every  cornerstone and foundational pillar to how we live our lives (faith, family, friends) has been put on hold for 8 months while anyone who second guesses the “sciencing” is told to be quiet and stay in your lane.   Inpatient toddlers and Karen’s, solid take my friend.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #599 on: July 28, 2020, 09:09:37 AM »
“Inpatient toddlers and Karen’s” as they watch friends and loved ones die.  Elderly parents remain isolated in their golden years, kids routines turned upside down, church services shut down, job layoffs, etc.  Pretty much every  cornerstone and foundational pillar to how we live our lives (faith, family, friends) has been put on hold for 8 months while anyone who second guesses the “sciencing” is told to be quiet and stay in your lane.   Inpatient toddlers and Karen’s, solid take my friend.

Protesting and violating stay-at-home orders, refusing to wear masks, touting conspiracy theories, promoting unproven drugs as miracle cures, attacking the credibility of legitimate doctors and scientists, minimizing the severity of the illness, gathering in large crowds with no social distancing, suggesting COVID is a hoax, putting your personal needs and desires ahead of the public good.
Yep, toddlers and Karens.
(The current president also would be an acceptable answer)