collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hydroxychloroquinine updates (and other potential treatments)  (Read 126535 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Hydroxychloroquinine updates (and other potential treatments)
« Reply #300 on: May 15, 2020, 07:45:54 AM »
I would ask for plasma with anti-bodies.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 07:48:21 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #301 on: May 15, 2020, 07:47:10 AM »
if you guys are still arguing about the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine, it's the first drug i am requesting from my doctor.
Ok, "healthcare professional".
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #302 on: May 15, 2020, 07:55:40 AM »
if you guys are still arguing about the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine, it's the first drug i am requesting from my doctor.  i have read many and heard multiple interview with docs who have been prescribing this drug for years, written papers, have success after success story, saving lives, keeping patients off ventilators, decreasing the length of the illness.  some were seeing improvements in patients conditions within 24-48 hours. 

if my mom or dad were showing the early signs of coming down with COVID-19, i would either insist the doctor start them on the usual regimine of hydroxychl plus z-pak or i would find a doctor who does treat his patients with this drug.  there was a doctor in dallas who was using hydroxy on her patients A LOT, patients coming from all over to be treated by her.  then, guess what?  the pharmacies(CVS) she is calling her Rx's into told her they refuse to fill the Rx?  china?  russia?  nope, dallas, tx.  this is what gubmint healthcare looks like. 

its interesting when you google "successful hydroxy studies" it seems the first 10 or more all "poo-poo" the studies, then you get to some of the successful cases.  when google makes you scroll to page 2 or 3 to find the credible treatments, this alone causes me to pause.   i just find it so interesting that doctors are being admonished, prohibited and even sanctioned for even saying the word hydroxychloroquine by the government, but when one wants to argue about abortion-oh no no no no, that's between a doctor and the patient.  they are not going to get in between THAT procedure.

funny how it seems a segment of our population just doesn't want to see us get too successful too fast treating this nasty virus.  let's see, maybe in 5-6-7 mos we will have better results, but watch out for that rebound spike.  if they are going on yet another "model" from the "experts",  better start sounding alarm bells by now.  we are taking our eye off of all the collateral damage.  you see what they are doing here?  under the guise of "you just want to see people die" mantra, well, little secret; many more are dying right now and moving forward-undiagnosed cancers, heart, liver, kidney disease, drug over doses, alcoholism, depression.  oh, they know exactly what they are doing-gubmit wack-a-mole.  hey!  crisis?  can't let er go to waste, eyn'a?

Dude, it has nothing to do with "not wanting us to get too successful too fast."  That is a conclusion one makes when they view everything through the eyes of politics.

And yes, I trust those "experts" way more than some dentist Google sleuthing in his living room.  It just doesn't really work all that well.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #303 on: May 15, 2020, 08:11:44 AM »
if you guys are still arguing about the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine, it's the first drug i am requesting from my doctor.  i have read many and heard multiple interview with docs who have been prescribing this drug for years, written papers, have success after success story, saving lives, keeping patients off ventilators, decreasing the length of the illness.  some were seeing improvements in patients conditions within 24-48 hours. 

if my mom or dad were showing the early signs of coming down with COVID-19, i would either insist the doctor start them on the usual regimine of hydroxychl plus z-pak or i would find a doctor who does treat his patients with this drug.  there was a doctor in dallas who was using hydroxy on her patients A LOT, patients coming from all over to be treated by her.  then, guess what?  the pharmacies(CVS) she is calling her Rx's into told her they refuse to fill the Rx?  china?  russia?  nope, dallas, tx.  this is what gubmint healthcare looks like. 

its interesting when you google "successful hydroxy studies" it seems the first 10 or more all "poo-poo" the studies, then you get to some of the successful cases.  when google makes you scroll to page 2 or 3 to find the credible treatments, this alone causes me to pause.   i just find it so interesting that doctors are being admonished, prohibited and even sanctioned for even saying the word hydroxychloroquine by the government, but when one wants to argue about abortion-oh no no no no, that's between a doctor and the patient.  they are not going to get in between THAT procedure.

funny how it seems a segment of our population just doesn't want to see us get too successful too fast treating this nasty virus.  let's see, maybe in 5-6-7 mos we will have better results, but watch out for that rebound spike.  if they are going on yet another "model" from the "experts",  better start sounding alarm bells by now.  we are taking our eye off of all the collateral damage.  you see what they are doing here?  under the guise of "you just want to see people die" mantra, well, little secret; many more are dying right now and moving forward-undiagnosed cancers, heart, liver, kidney disease, drug over doses, alcoholism, depression.  oh, they know exactly what they are doing-gubmit wack-a-mole.  hey!  crisis?  can't let er go to waste, eyn'a?

Oh lord.  I don't know where to start... so I won't.

HansMoleman

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #304 on: May 15, 2020, 08:22:56 AM »
Oh lord.  I don't know where to start... so I won't.
On behalf of everyone, thank you.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #305 on: May 15, 2020, 08:25:21 AM »

This started out making some sense as a partisan opinion I eye rolled at. It devolved into an incoherent rant... if there was ever a time for the Billy Madison meme this would be it.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #306 on: May 15, 2020, 08:28:13 AM »
The latest miracle cure that will turn out to be nothing? Or a real possibility?

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3575064-sorrento-claims-covidminus-19-cure

Sorrento Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRNE) gallops 56% premarket on robust volume in reaction to reports that it has discovered an antibody, dubbed STI-1499, that, it says, can provide 100% inhibition of COVID-19 and flush out the SARS-CoV-2 virus from the body within four days.

"We want to emphasize there is a cure," says CEO Henry Ji. "If we have the neutralizing antibody in your body, you don't need the social distancing. You can open up a society without fear."

The antibody, one of "hundreds" it screened, blocks the coronavirus' spike proteins from attaching to ACE2, a receptor on the surface of healthy cells that serves as a "doorknob" to open the cell to infection.

Ji says STI-1499 can be used as preventative therapy since there are no unwanted side effects, adding that it may be more effective than a vaccine.

The company is partnering with NY-based Mount Sinai to develop an antibody cocktail, Covi-Shield, comprised of three different antibodies, including STI-1499, for prophylactic use. It says it can produce up to 200K doses per month and is looking to produce "tens of millions" to meet demand.

It would be cool if this actually works. It also would be cool if our elected officials would wait to see if it works before telling everybody the cure has arrived.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #307 on: May 15, 2020, 08:38:12 AM »

It just doesn't really work all that well.
Are you referring to  Hydroxychloroquinine or google sleuthing?
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #308 on: May 15, 2020, 09:27:57 AM »
The latest miracle cure that will turn out to be nothing? Or a real possibility?

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3575064-sorrento-claims-covidminus-19-cure

Sorrento Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRNE) gallops 56% premarket on robust volume in reaction to reports that it has discovered an antibody, dubbed STI-1499, that, it says, can provide 100% inhibition of COVID-19 and flush out the SARS-CoV-2 virus from the body within four days.

"We want to emphasize there is a cure," says CEO Henry Ji. "If we have the neutralizing antibody in your body, you don't need the social distancing. You can open up a society without fear."

The antibody, one of "hundreds" it screened, blocks the coronavirus' spike proteins from attaching to ACE2, a receptor on the surface of healthy cells that serves as a "doorknob" to open the cell to infection.

Ji says STI-1499 can be used as preventative therapy since there are no unwanted side effects, adding that it may be more effective than a vaccine.

The company is partnering with NY-based Mount Sinai to develop an antibody cocktail, Covi-Shield, comprised of three different antibodies, including STI-1499, for prophylactic use. It says it can produce up to 200K doses per month and is looking to produce "tens of millions" to meet demand.

It would be cool if this actually works. It also would be cool if our elected officials would wait to see if it works before telling everybody the cure has arrived.

I can't speak to this particular antibody. But I've been a strong advocate that the monoclonal antibody approach is going to be the most likely chance for a cure/treatment soon.

There are a lot of people in this arena. A lot of hurdles to still cross. I'm optimistic that we might be able to rush something to be in use by fall/winter. I wouldn't bet on this company being the winner in that race.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #309 on: May 15, 2020, 09:49:49 AM »
I would ask for plasma with anti-bodies.

Yes!!  I’d take both but if hydroxy were more readily available I’d start with that while the plasma match is being secured
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #310 on: May 15, 2020, 09:51:59 AM »

Yes!!  I’d take both but if hydroxy were more readily available I’d start with that while the plasma match is being secured

Cool. What do you have to lose?

Then again, you could just wait for the promised miracle.

I can't speak to this particular antibody. But I've been a strong advocate that the monoclonal antibody approach is going to be the most likely chance for a cure/treatment soon.

There are a lot of people in this arena. A lot of hurdles to still cross. I'm optimistic that we might be able to rush something to be in use by fall/winter. I wouldn't bet on this company being the winner in that race.

Right now, investors are putting down some big bets. The company's stock is up 86% this morning as I write this.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #311 on: May 15, 2020, 10:30:29 AM »

Can you link to the studies (not anecdotal stories or singular cases) you found that show success?

Also, there is no way any doctor has been prescribing this "for years" for covid-19?

What were the reasons CVS refused to fill? Is there a reliable source that states the federal government told the CVS pharmacists to not fill?

Can you provide examples of doctors getting sanctioned for saying the word hydroxychloroquine?

Can you provide links that demonstrate significantly higher numbers of people dying of other conditions that are being ignored vs expected numbers in a non-pandemic situation?

GBPhoenix1993

• Walk-On
« Reply #312 on: May 15, 2020, 11:14:32 AM »
A couple of days ago I listened to an interview with one particular doctor from New York who has had success using HydroxyCQ plus Z-pack.  Success in that he used it on about 500+ patients and had only 2 deaths plus a very small amount of people that needed to go to ICU.  He said he was only using it on those he felt were already "at risk" type patients, such as age 65+ with hypertension, etc. 

He said it is not a cure, but if it is used early on in the infection, it prevents the infection from doing the damage to organs and such much better than if a person just rests at home.  He said that the biggest problem is, if it's administered after Day 5 the effectiveness of its' use greatly diminishes.  Many people aren't even getting to a hospital or aren't confirmed to have Covid until after Day 5 and by the time they do, it's too late for the drug to work effectively.  In other words, it is a good treatment if used early enough in the process, but if it's used as a "Hail Mary" to try to rescue someone well into the progress of the disease, it's not too much better than a placebo at that point. 

Probably the number one thing I gathered from his interview, the Covid diagnosis needs to happen much much faster than it typically has been for this to be effective.  In otherwords, people need to get to a doctor by Day 4 and get an immediate test that confirms it is Covid.  If that happens, they have a legitimate shot at this treatment working for them in his opinion.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #313 on: May 15, 2020, 11:23:16 AM »
A couple of days ago I listened to an interview with one particular doctor from New York who has had success using HydroxyCQ plus Z-pack.  Success in that he used it on about 500+ patients and had only 2 deaths plus a very small amount of people that needed to go to ICU.  He said he was only using it on those he felt were already "at risk" type patients, such as age 65+ with hypertension, etc. 

He said it is not a cure, but if it is used early on in the infection, it prevents the infection from doing the damage to organs and such much better than if a person just rests at home.  He said that the biggest problem is, if it's administered after Day 5 the effectiveness of its' use greatly diminishes.  Many people aren't even getting to a hospital or aren't confirmed to have Covid until after Day 5 and by the time they do, it's too late for the drug to work effectively.  In other words, it is a good treatment if used early enough in the process, but if it's used as a "Hail Mary" to try to rescue someone well into the progress of the disease, it's not too much better than a placebo at that point. 

Probably the number one thing I gathered from his interview, the Covid diagnosis needs to happen much much faster than it typically has been for this to be effective.  In otherwords, people need to get to a doctor by Day 4 and get an immediate test that confirms it is Covid.  If that happens, they have a legitimate shot at this treatment working for them in his opinion.

That is called anecdotal evidence.  It is essentially worthless information.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #314 on: May 15, 2020, 11:38:32 AM »
I do think we can all agree that earlier and easier  testing with faster results would be beneficial.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #315 on: May 15, 2020, 11:56:53 AM »
I do think we can all agree that earlier and easier  testing with faster results would be beneficial.

100%

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #316 on: May 15, 2020, 11:58:35 AM »
Can you link to the studies (not anecdotal stories or singular cases) you found that show success?

Also, there is no way any doctor has been prescribing this "for years" for covid-19?

What were the reasons CVS refused to fill? Is there a reliable source that states the federal government told the CVS pharmacists to not fill?

Can you provide examples of doctors getting sanctioned for saying the word hydroxychloroquine?

Can you provide links that demonstrate significantly higher numbers of people dying of other conditions that are being ignored vs expected numbers in a non-pandemic situation?
Dude, you know the non-answers to all these questions already.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #317 on: May 15, 2020, 02:22:09 PM »

I know which doctor you are referring to. At the time he made those statements of 500+, there was something like 10 total cases in his city. He admitted, he was not even bothering to test patients, or for them to have symptoms, he was just prescribing the combination regardless.

So the probably close to 90+% of those patients didn't even have COVID. That is why these anecdotal reports are meaningless.

Frankly, doctors like that should lose their license.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #318 on: May 15, 2020, 03:12:38 PM »
My close friend is having a lot of trouble filling her Hydrox prescription of over 10 years for her Lupus.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #319 on: May 15, 2020, 03:15:50 PM »
I know which doctor you are referring to. At the time he made those statements of 500+, there was something like 10 total cases in his city. He admitted, he was not even bothering to test patients, or for them to have symptoms, he was just prescribing the combination regardless.

So the probably close to 90+% of those patients didn't even have COVID. That is why these anecdotal reports are meaningless.

Meanwhile, my anti being eaten by a tiger drug has been 100% successful in keeping people from being eaten by tigers. And hey, this is Florida, so it is a real concern.

To the OP who is taking HCQ when they get it, why not inject disinfectant as well? What do you have to lose?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #320 on: May 15, 2020, 03:27:34 PM »
My close friend is having a lot of trouble filling her Hydrox prescription of over 10 years for her Lupus.
Which is a genuine problem.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #321 on: May 15, 2020, 03:38:45 PM »
Which is a genuine problem.

I thought drug shortages only happened in government healthcare systems.

GBPhoenix1993

• Walk-On
« Reply #322 on: May 15, 2020, 04:21:36 PM »

So while I am not 100% sure of the doctor's name who was talking about this on the radio a couple of days ago, I believe this is the current study going on based on his recommendations.  You and Hands_Alumni are 100% correct that as of today his current proclamations are anecdotal evidence, but there is a current study going on at a Roslyn, NY hospital based on that evidence that is in progress and began on April 28.  That all said, by the time the primary portion of this study is over with in September, there may be other things that prove more effective than Hydroxychloroquine plus Zinc.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04370782

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #323 on: May 15, 2020, 04:31:52 PM »
So while I am not 100% sure of the doctor's name who was talking about this on the radio a couple of days ago, I believe this is the current study going on based on his recommendations.  You and Hands_Alumni are 100% correct that as of today his current proclamations are anecdotal evidence, but there is a current study going on at a Roslyn, NY hospital based on that evidence that is in progress and began on April 28.  That all said, by the time the primary portion of this study is over with in September, there may be other things that prove more effective than Hydroxychloroquine plus Zinc.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04370782

Yes, that is Valdimir Zelenko, he was originally touting that he had a 100% success rate treating 699 patients.

If it wasn't for Hannity and others celebrating him as a hero and giving him a platform he would have vanished.

I'm all for looking at all treatment options, but people like him shouldn't be running them. They need to be properly conducted. He's a nut, plain and simple.

It honestly makes things difficult for the average person to know what is really true, and people in trusted places giving such individuals platforms makes things terrible.

GBPhoenix1993

• Walk-On
« Reply #324 on: May 15, 2020, 04:41:25 PM »
Yes, that is Valdimir Zelenko, he was originally touting that he had a 100% success rate treating 699 patients.

If it wasn't for Hannity and others celebrating him as a hero and giving him a platform he would have vanished.

I'm all for looking at all treatment options, but people like him shouldn't be running them. They need to be properly conducted. He's a nut, plain and simple.

It honestly makes things difficult for the average person to know what is really true, and people in trusted places giving such individuals platforms makes things terrible.

Fair enough.  I won't die on that hill trying to defend it, but I do think the jury is still out on whether there is some validity to his claims.

Let's hope the Sorrento claims announced earlier today turn out to be real.  If they truly have a cure, everything goes back to normal in the U.S. by end of year.  Crossing my fingers on that whole deal.

feedback