collapse

* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[Today at 04:10:17 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Cutler breaks thumb...out for year?  (Read 8369 times)

GGGG

• All American
Cutler breaks thumb...out for year?
« on: November 20, 2011, 09:10:00 PM »
According to some of my Twitter feeds....

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
Re: Cutler breaks thumb...out for year?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 09:11:44 PM »
Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler is expected to be sidelined six to eight weeks with a broken thumb on his right throwing hand suffered late in Sunday's 31-20 victory over San Diego, multiple sources told the Tribune.

According to a source, surgery could be an option for the quarterback, but there is no immediate plan to put Cutler on injured reserve. Essentially, he could return for the playoffs, with six weeks remaining in the regular season.

EDIT...Happened on the interception when Johnny Knox fell down and he was helping to prevent a Chargers touchdown on an interception return by San Diego's Antoine Cason when he was knocked to the ground by linebacker Donald Butler with 10:03 left in the game. He played the rest of the game, in which he completed 18 of 31 passes for 286 yards and two touchdowns, with an interception.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 09:22:34 PM by SaintPaulWarrior »

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 09:17:07 PM »
fml

Caleb Hanie, you are up.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

DegenerateDish

• All American
Cutler Out For Year (?)
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 09:22:03 PM »
Have gotten texts from Bears front office people that Cutler is done for the year (broken thumb on throwing hand).

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 09:25:51 PM »
Sorry, I didn't see this thread when I posted, but yes I got multiple texts from people in the Bears front office that he is done, but won't be put on IR.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 09:28:45 PM »
I am a diehard Packer fan who detests the Bears.  That stated, this is not welcome news.  I always liked Cutler, from his days at Vanderbilt and felt that he was not respected for his talents.  This year, Martz finally figured it out and he was having a very nice year.

Warrior1

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 09:30:38 PM »
Favre played his whole career with that injury. Ok, maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but tough guys find a way to play.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 09:48:24 PM by Warrior1 »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 09:34:04 PM »
Depends on how bad the break is...not all broken thumbs are the same.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 09:38:05 PM »
Favre played his whole career with that injury. Ok, maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but tough guys find a way to play.

sigh

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 09:39:26 PM »
[/quote/]

NM.

NM>
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 09:50:33 PM by SaintPaulWarrior »

Warrior1

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 09:42:25 PM »
Updated to include the use of teal...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 09:48:44 PM by Warrior1 »

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 09:58:21 PM »
i'm dumb.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 10:19:30 PM »
Bears play the rest of the AFC West and the Seahawks in their next 5. Hanie can keep them afloat.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 10:21:44 PM »
Bears play the rest of the AFC West and the Seahawks in their next 5. Hanie can keep them afloat.

Next 4 and then at GB and at MN.

MUFC9295

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 10:26:49 PM »
... from sucking on it.  I said last year he has a terrible PR problem, let alone game.  Now he's just one of those guys who is ALMOST there always.  He's never EVER going to be the guy.  I don't know about fate or anything, but the guy won't ever get a break [ahem].  Tough titties Bears fans.  But, hey, Hanie did okay in the NFCCG.  North is down to two teams.  Happy Turkey day and Go Pack.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2011, 10:36:57 PM »
... from sucking on it.  I said last year he has a terrible PR problem, let alone game.  Now he's just one of those guys who is ALMOST there always.  He's never EVER going to be the guy.  I don't know about fate or anything, but the guy won't ever get a break [ahem].  Tough titties Bears fans.  But, hey, Hanie did okay in the NFCCG.  North is down to two teams.  Happy Turkey day and Go Pack.

Huh? He was having an outstanding year. None of this made sense.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011, 10:45:20 PM »
if hanie is servicable, forte, hester and the defense can get them to the playoffs.  Seattle and KC at home should be wins.  Minn and Denver are certainly winnable.  Oak and Green Bay will be tough.  I am expecting 3-3 with Hanie at the helm, with a decent chance at 4-2.  3-3 gets them in the playoffs, most likely.  at that point, cutler may be back.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2011, 10:53:19 PM »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-spt-1121-bears-haugh--20111121,0,4589750.column

Good picture of the "soft player" breaking his thumb with a nice Stafford reference in the article.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 01:10:38 AM »
Next 4 and then at GB and at MN.

Ah, right. I was counting the Chargers.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 07:51:52 AM »
Huh? He was having an outstanding year. None of this made sense.

I think that's the point. He was having a great year, and now this happens. I tend to agree. It continues to look like it is just may never happen for the guy, despite the talent.

shiloh26

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2011, 08:01:56 AM »
It really is too bad.  After the last 2 weeks, it really looked like the Bears were the number 3 NFC team, probably in the top 5 in the NFL.  As a Packers fan I wasn't looking forward to playing them again.  Who knows what happens now.  Even if they keep grinding out wins, it's huge not having Cutler for the playoffs. 

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2011, 08:28:35 AM »
Cutler is a top 10 to 15 qb in the nfl (slightly above average to average starter). Hanie, although he looked solid in the payoffs, will probably be among the 5-7 worse. However, I don't think the Bears have really been relying on the passing game to win so I'm not sure this loss will be as significant as some Bears' fans think.

I'm a Pack fan but I still don't like to see injuries to other teams. Rather whip them at full strength!!

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2011, 08:38:00 AM »
Cutler is a top 10 to 15 qb in the nfl (slightly above average to average starter). Hanie, although he looked solid in the payoffs, will probably be among the 5-7 worse. However, I don't think the Bears have really been relying on the passing game to win so I'm not sure this loss will be as significant as some Bears' fans think.

I'm a Pack fan but I still don't like to see injuries to other teams. Rather whip them at full strength!!

Which 10-14 QBs would you rank ahead of him? I'll give you Brady, P. Manning, Rodgers, Brees, who else ya got? Just curious.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2011, 09:09:47 AM »
Which 10-14 QBs would you rank ahead of him? I'll give you Brady, P. Manning, Rodgers, Brees, who else ya got? Just curious.

I too would be interested to hear which 10-14 QBs are believed to be better than Cutler.

Just thinking about the NFC, after Rodgers and Brees, who would you rather have?

Bradford, Kolb, Tavaris, Alex Smith?

Freeman, Ryan, Newton? I'll give you the potential of Newton as a "maybe".

Vick, Eli, Romo, Grossman? 3 of the 4 you can say "maybe", but you can also make strong cases against.

shiloh26

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2011, 09:15:08 AM »

Tebow, and he counts for 10

feedback