Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Xavier game thread  (Read 27789 times)

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
Re: Xavier game thread
« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2014, 09:24:59 PM »
Glad we put in our defensive guys for the last 10seconds

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2014, 09:25:05 PM »
What did he try to fix, he has been running with the same offense and players during this bad stretch as he did at the start of the game.  Only difference is D. wilson is on the bench with foul trouble.

No he hasn't. He has taken Ox out on two occasions after buckets and waited for possessions to get him back in.

It should be Ox in the game at all time getting the ball and he inexplicably took him out twice at bad times.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2014, 09:25:13 PM »
How many layups has MU given up at the buzzer this year?  Jamil didn't even make an attempt to guard once Christian got passed Thomas.  So lame.  They do this all the time.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #128 on: March 13, 2014, 09:26:08 PM »
Todd looks terrible on both ends. Jamil not good. Christen can abuse any of our guards other than Derrick at will. Also looks like X has figured out that Deote is left handed. Todd just went to the hoop too soon. 11 seconds left for X

Christain has killed Derrick both games so far and derrick sat most of this one.

So uhh?

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #129 on: March 13, 2014, 09:26:18 PM »
And he took one quick ill advised 3 pointer right when he came in.

Take off the Derrick goggles, bro.  

He was wide open.  If you're wide open, shoot it.

82fanatic

• Starter
« Reply #130 on: March 13, 2014, 09:26:37 PM »
That last play showed the risk of defense only thinking.  Put in defensive stoppers. X gets a layup!!!   Wtf. Rock solid d there Juan,Chris!!!!

Class71

• All American
« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2014, 09:27:43 PM »
There is second half.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2014, 09:27:51 PM »
With the number of times I read someone saying "that sums up MU's season" here or on Twitter, it could only mean that MU is extremely consistent.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2014, 09:27:59 PM »
And he took one quick ill advised 3 pointer right when he came in.

It was a good look...just because you are accustomed to seeing a PG who won't shoot the ball, doesn't mean it is a bad shot...kind of makes you need to be defended on the floor you know....if you'll shoot from three...

Dawson's play in the first half wasn't anything special in any way...same as what we've seen from Derrick all year long..
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2014, 09:28:05 PM »
No he hasn't. He has taken Ox out on two occasions after buckets and waited for possessions to get him back in.

It should be Ox in the game at all time getting the ball and he inexplicably took him out twice at bad times.

Ox also wasn't in during our initial run.  He took him out only, because he got his head smashed in twice.

WadeJFB

• Walk-On
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2014, 09:28:51 PM »
That last play showed the risk of defense only thinking.  Put in defensive stoppers. X gets a layup!!!   Wtf. Rock solid d there Juan,Chris!!!!

We have no defensive stoppers.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #136 on: March 13, 2014, 09:28:54 PM »

The problem was with Jamil.  He was supposed to help…he didn't he stuck to his guy to deny the 3.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2014, 09:29:14 PM »
Soooooo, what's in the glass tonight?

Gonna break out the Pendleton now.  Might have double.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2014, 09:29:23 PM »
MUs offense is so predictable. JWilson is not engaged at all and they pass the ball around the perimeter the same
way every possession. I'd rather see DG take some midrange shots and our guards seem like they have no energy.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #139 on: March 13, 2014, 09:30:03 PM »
Christain has killed Derrick both games so far and derrick sat most of this one.

So uhh?

Either you didn't watch the first half or you don't know anything about the game.

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2014, 09:30:31 PM »
I NEVER thought I'd get tired of an MU commercial airing on national tv, but it's happened.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #141 on: March 13, 2014, 09:30:41 PM »
Worst part Is they get ball back

nyg

• All American
« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2014, 09:30:49 PM »
MU shooting 55%, XU is 42%, yet MU down.

Bad Jamil -  3 points
Bad Todd -   2 points on fts
Jake only 2 shots, 1 for 2.
Dwil/Dawson - well.......

Burton/Gardner - terrific

MU has 9 turnovers including Jamil's two seconds after winning tip.  
Mayo can't dribble, who knows wtf?

Gardner missed frontend of one/one.

Jake just had his ankles broken by Christain.

Bottomline: turnovers killing them, Jamil and Todd must get it together, feed the Ox everytime.  

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #143 on: March 13, 2014, 09:30:57 PM »
How many layups has MU given up at the buzzer this year?  Jamil didn't even make an attempt to guard once Christian got passed Thomas.  So lame.  They do this all the time.

Actually from what I saw...Juan should have been the help defender but didn't provide help in time...and Juan also is the guy who left Martin open for the 3 on the possession before.  Juan simply does not need to be on the floor at any point....
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #144 on: March 13, 2014, 09:31:08 PM »
Defense is our problem, as I think I saw explained quantatively on another post recently. I missed a few minutes because I had to take a phone call but I recall at least 3 or 4 occasions when X shooters were described as "WIDE OPEN" in the first half. What else is new?

chapman

• All American
« Reply #145 on: March 13, 2014, 09:31:15 PM »
Jake had 17 and 18 in the first two games.  1-2 in the first half.  

Time for Derrick to be the gamechanger as Buzz says: should be fresh enough to shut jameS down, and if he keeps the ball moving as well as he did in the first half the offense will be better for it, and it'll limit Mayos fumbles.

Juan was 10 feet off his guy providing help there...though for sure a kickout was coming for a wide open three.  Can't fault him for the shot inside falling.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #146 on: March 13, 2014, 09:31:25 PM »
It wasn't that quick and he was wide open...maybe you just aren't used to a Marquette point guard shooting wide open 3's this year.
Was not the right time to do it, he is not our 3 point shooter and just came in. Not trying to put him down, he just does not look to comfortable out there as in previous games. Whatever, I'm not into the D. Will / Dawson debate.
Goal is National Championship

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #147 on: March 13, 2014, 09:32:01 PM »
If they get past tonight, this perimeter defense will get abused tomorrow.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #148 on: March 13, 2014, 09:32:35 PM »
Either you didn't watch the first half or you don't know anything about the game.

What does the first two games have to do with the 1st half?

Obviously you don't know anything about anything.

BossplayaOtto

• All American
« Reply #149 on: March 13, 2014, 09:33:05 PM »
With the number of times I read someone saying "that sums up MU's season" here or on Twitter, it could only mean that MU is extremely consistent.

yep, consistently underachieved this year.  tend to look good for stretches yet still end up on the short end on the score board far too many times.  Its only halftime and truly hope that they pull it out, but disappointed to be trailing at half when our surprise starter, beast, went off in the 1st half.  if mayo and jamil would contribute that would certainly help