[May 20, 2024, 11:10:42 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 20, 2024, 03:33:38 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[May 20, 2024, 05:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: belling talks about sex incident again  (Read 12933 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: belling talks about sex incident again
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2011, 02:37:56 PM »
+1  Highly inappropriate if that's what happened.  Just stay away and let the authorities handle it.  Inserting self only adds many levels of complexity.  This is partly what happened to Tressel, instead of reporting it to the compliance people he decided to talk to Pryor's guys and handle it himself.  I'm sure the best of intentions, but you just can't do that.  Hopefully just Belling being a dope and he's called out for it.

History is not on Belling's side.

The guy is a know nothing rumor mongering fact misinterpreting ratings whore.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2011, 02:42:30 PM »
This thread makes me want to bang my head against the wall.  There is no IF here, yet it keeps getting brought up.  Buzz clearly didn't have any contact with either of the women from either incident, end of story.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2011, 02:43:11 PM »
Only you would find this analogous in any way, shape or form to the ongoing scandals at Ohio State. Sorry to dash your hopes, but this won't end up with Buzz = Tressel.

Chico's has a point.  Coaches that try to do their own investigation, outside of the University's official investigation, get in trouble.  

And frankly this would be much worse than anything than Tressel did.  This is more in-line with what Steve Alford did at Iowa with Pierre Pierce.  Yet he is still coaching and Tressel isn't.  Funny priorities that NCAA has.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2011, 02:43:18 PM »
Only you would find this analogous in any way, shape or form to the ongoing scandals at Ohio State. Sorry to dash your hopes, but this won't end up with Buzz = Tressel.

Nor do I want it to end up that way.  Good to see you are playing psychologist again and trying to determine how people think.  You obvious didn't read what I said in showing the ONE aspect of similarity...a coach doing his own thing to "seek truth" or whatever..  Nowhere did I state the episodes are entirely analogous.  

For the umpteenth time, I want Buzz here for the long haul.  I want him to put a good product on the floor and make sure the product off the floor stays out of trouble and can be something we are all proud of.  That should be the requirement of all head coaches at the collegiate level. Unfortunately when dealing with young men in the 18-23 age group. they often have thoughts that are counter to what the coach or university is trying to do.  

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2011, 02:48:50 PM »
This thread makes me want to bang my head against the wall.  There is no IF here, yet it keeps getting brought up.  Buzz clearly didn't have any contact with either of the women from either incident, end of story.

+1

There is nothing at all to indicate that this happened anywhere but Belling's fantasyland, which is exactly why someone needs to call him out on this issue.  However, I agree with whoever said MU and Buzz will do nothing because thats like throwing fuel on Belling's fire, which is why Belling gets away with this kind of crap.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Rubie Q

• Starter
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2011, 02:52:18 PM »
There is nothing at all to indicate that this happened anywhere but Belling's fantasyland, which is exactly why someone needs to call him out on this issue.  However, I agree with whoever said MU and Buzz will do nothing because thats like throwing fuel on Belling's fire, which is why Belling gets away with this kind of crap.

Threatening Belling with a lawsuit might not do anything, but threatening his bosses with one for publishing Belling's slander might back him off a little bit.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2011, 03:05:36 PM »
Please don't quote wyzgy or guys like him.  It renders my ignore button useless.

As for Belling, he takes shots at MU any chance he gets.  I don't think anything will come of his accusations of Buzz, because he and Marquette both know he has a very large microphone.  MU and Buzz will want this to go away ASAP, but if they fire back or threaten Belling with a lawsuit he will go on-and-on about this for as long as he has air in his lungs. 

blame your ignore button for your ignominy 94- have a good one. 
we need to hear from belling in order to continue.   belling does need to clarify his comments re: buzz.  until then, this is just a circle jerk (no pun)  

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2011, 03:08:45 PM »
blame your ignore button for your ignominy 94- have a good one. 
we need to hear from belling in order to continue.   belling does need to clarify his comments re: buzz.  until then, this is just a circle jerk (no pun)  

I have no idea why you take what the guy says at face value.  His track record is terrible.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2011, 03:40:09 PM »
Buzz shouldn't have talked to the girls *at all.*  Buzz should never have even found out who they are.  I'm not saying merely contacting them would be a fireable offense, but it would be highly inappropriate for him to do so for any reason.

Don't follow the logic on this one.  In one of the incidents, the players were found guilty, by the University, of Sexual Harrassment.  There was a "trial" (for lack of a better word).  I believe the *girl* testified there.  Here name was known.

Also, there is no mention of how, when, why ... a meeting took place.  Who asked for it?  Who was there?  Never is a strong word.  I can see several reasons, instances, how and why a meeting would occur without anything sinister.  As someone else pointed out, he may have been fact finding for discipling the players ...

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2011, 03:51:53 PM »
Don't follow the logic on this one.  In one of the incidents, the players were found guilty, by the University, of Sexual Harrassment.  There was a "trial" (for lack of a better word).  I believe the *girl* testified there.  Here name was known.

Also, there is no mention of how, when, why ... a meeting took place.  Who asked for it?  Who was there?  Never is a strong word.  I can see several reasons, instances, how and why a meeting would occur without anything sinister.  As someone else pointed out, he may have been fact finding for discipling the players ...

Sexual Harassment training is held by many companies for managers.  If a sexual harassment complaint is leveled against an employee, absolutely under no circumstances is the boss of that charged employee to talk to the person that brought those charges. I see a parallel in this to what Sultan is saying.  It would be improper for the boss to talk to the man or woman that brought charges against one of his/her employees just as it would be improper for a head coach to talk to the girls bringing charges against a player.

At least that's how I view Sultan's comments.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2011, 05:47:30 PM »
Sexual Harassment training is held by many companies for managers.  If a sexual harassment complaint is leveled against an employee, absolutely under no circumstances is the boss of that charged employee to talk to the person that brought those charges. I see a parallel in this to what Sultan is saying.  It would be improper for the boss to talk to the man or woman that brought charges against one of his/her employees just as it would be improper for a head coach to talk to the girls bringing charges against a player.

At least that's how I view Sultan's comments.

I pointed out the Sexual Harrassment as to the fact that her identity was not hidden.

No one, not you, knows what or if Buzz spoke with her.  I chose not to blanket it all negative as Sultan had and as you typically do.    If Buzz spoke with her, there is no time line as to when he would have spoken with her.  It could have been AFTER the Sexual Harrassment Charges were heard.  If Buzz spoke with her, there could be genuine and altruistic reasons why.  You and Sultan do not see those.  You both are acting in absolute worlds without the facts.  Again, very dangerous.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2011, 06:58:17 PM »
Good grief, there is no IF here.  Why are people even debating this?  It's pretty damn clear Buzz didn't have any contact with either of the victims.  Chisholm was concerned because members of the coaching staff met with the 4 players from the October incident, and one of those players sent a text message to the girl.  If Buzz, or any member of the coaching staff, would have actually contacted one of the girls, Chisholm definitely would have mentioned it in his statement.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2011, 07:39:15 PM »
If Buzz likes running over infants with his car, he should be fired.

Hey, this is easy AND fun!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2011, 07:53:01 PM »
I pointed out the Sexual Harrassment as to the fact that her identity was not hidden.

No one, not you, knows what or if Buzz spoke with her.  I chose not to blanket it all negative as Sultan had and as you typically do.    If Buzz spoke with her, there is no time line as to when he would have spoken with her.  It could have been AFTER the Sexual Harrassment Charges were heard.  If Buzz spoke with her, there could be genuine and altruistic reasons why.  You and Sultan do not see those.  You both are acting in absolute worlds without the facts.  Again, very dangerous.

Sorry, we could not disagree more.  There are no genuine and altruistic reasons why that are worth doing it.  First, I don't think he spoke to her, so let's make sure we get that out of the way.  Second, IF he talked to her and she is the person claiming a sexual assault against a member of his team, there is NO REASON (altruistic, genuine, whatever) to talk to her.  PERIOD.  Every attorney worth his salt and absolutely every employer would say the same thing.  It has NOTHING to do with seeing something negative or acting without the facts.  In the situation you describe you would open up yourself to further scrutiny, liability and possible criminal action by talking to her.  So I fail to see where you are going with this idea that IF he spoke to her (again, don't think it happened) there "could" be some wonderful reason to do so.  I can't think of an attorney in the world that is worth anything that would find a silver lining in the coach of a player accused of sexual assault talking to the alledged victim in any manner whatsoever.  It's just not worth it.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2011, 07:54:18 PM »
Good grief, there is no IF here.  Why are people even debating this?  It's pretty damn clear Buzz didn't have any contact with either of the victims.  Chisholm was concerned because members of the coaching staff met with the 4 players from the October incident, and one of those players sent a text message to the girl.  If Buzz, or any member of the coaching staff, would have actually contacted one of the girls, Chisholm definitely would have mentioned it in his statement.

You are correct.  I went back to the JS report from Chisholm.  Here is the link: http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/122678858.html

In fact, Chisholm provides exonorating comments about the coaching staff.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2011, 07:59:12 PM »
Sorry, we could not disagree more.  There are no genuine and altruistic reasons why that are worth doing it.  First, I don't think he spoke to her, so let's make sure we get that out of the way.  Second, IF he talked to her and she is the person claiming a sexual assault against a member of his team, there is NO REASON (altruistic, genuine, whatever) to talk to her.  PERIOD.  Every attorney worth his salt and absolutely every employer would say the same thing.  It has NOTHING to do with seeing something negative or acting without the facts.  In the situation you describe you would open up yourself to further scrutiny, liability and possible criminal action by talking to her.  So I fail to see where you are going with this idea that IF he spoke to her (again, don't think it happened) there "could" be some wonderful reason to do so.  I can't think of an attorney in the world that is worth anything that would find a silver lining in the coach of a player accused of sexual assault talking to the alledged victim in any manner whatsoever.  It's just not worth it.

You are taking my comments out of context.  Read the comments again, please.  You either forgot, chose to ignore or were just flat out were disengenous.  Did you even read the 3rd and 4th sentences of the 2nd paragraph?  Kind of important to the rest of the comments, don't you think?   ::)

Still, I have linked the comments from Chisholm.  You got your undies all bunched up over a non-starter, it appears.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:02:56 PM by MUMac »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2011, 11:19:09 PM »
I read it just fine.  You're asking me to ignore the line about how their could be altruistic reasons as if you didn't state it, sorry...not going to do it.  That's just simply an inane statement to make.  Can you imagine if he did this and it went to trial?  He could be accused of trying to scare a witness, trying to get her to drop charges, trying to buy silence, etc, etc.  Even if he did none of these things, that could be the perception which is why there is never an altruistic reason good enough to do something that silly.

I read everything else Mac, but I can't ignore the fact you actually put that sentence in there and pretend we should just gloss over it as if it was no big deal. 

I'll repeat, I don't think he talked to her and said so multiple times.  No undies bunched

wyzgy

• Team Captain
charlie sykes talks mu incident @ 9:00am hour
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2011, 09:02:14 AM »
is coming up after the news, etc... interested to see the difference btw. belling and sykes, although 2 days post chicago tribune article, is there new news??  the millin dolar question(s) have been circle jerked.  hope this doesn't continue to take the spotlight off of jimmy b and the good mu...stay tuned wtmj 620am
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:03:49 AM by wyzgy »

GGGG

• All American
Re: charlie sykes talks mu incident @ 9:00am hour
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2011, 09:05:24 AM »
Wow, I never guessed you listened to Sykes too...

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2011, 09:09:24 AM »

just trying to help you guys out where ever i can ;D

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2011, 09:10:13 AM »

Yeah.   He's really stoopid.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2011, 09:12:30 AM »
Sykes and Belling are still on the air.  Thank you God, for satellite radio.  I used to listen to their stick once in a while.  Now I haven't heard them whine for years.

Anyway, I like how the girls story is being taken as 100% credible.  I know nothing, but I bet there is another side to this story, of course.  Bottom line:  MU and Milwaukee didn't see a crime to prosecute.  

Could it have been handled better?  Sure.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2011, 09:35:18 AM »
If Buzz likes running over infants with his car, he should be fired.

Hey, this is easy AND fun!

If Sultan is a father raper or Chicos is a mother stabber, I think they should both be arrested, prosecuted and convicted. I'm not saying they are, mind you. In fact, let me go on record as saying I don't think they are. But if they are, people shouldn't bury their heads in the sand. They should be punished and punished big time. Let me emphasize again that at this point I personally don't think either is guilty of these charges, but I hope we can all agree that father raping and mother stabbing are serious crimes and if Sultan and Chicos are guilty of them they should be punished. Anything less would be an injustice (if they did it, though as previously stated I don't think there is sufficient evidence to indicate they did). I hope this is something we can all agree on.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2011, 11:30:27 AM »
Yeah.   He's really stoopid.

I heard he was dum and not very nowledgable, too. 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2011, 12:09:41 PM »
If Sultan is a father raper or Chicos is a mother stabber, I think they should both be arrested, prosecuted and convicted. I'm not saying they are, mind you. In fact, let me go on record as saying I don't think they are. But if they are, people shouldn't bury their heads in the sand. They should be punished and punished big time. Let me emphasize again that at this point I personally don't think either is guilty of these charges, but I hope we can all agree that father raping and mother stabbing are serious crimes and if Sultan and Chicos are guilty of them they should be punished. Anything less would be an injustice (if they did it, though as previously stated I don't think there is sufficient evidence to indicate they did). I hope this is something we can all agree on.

I'm confused.  What are we supposed to be agreeing on?  Sultan being a father raper & Chicos a mother stabber, that father raping and mother stabbing are serious crimes, or the fact that they should be punished if that's what they are?  I'm with you on the last part - they should be punished, but since that's rather obvious, it begs the question as to why would you preface that with "juicy" allegations with no basis whatsoever?

Do you think Scoopers are just a bunch of morons who are so oblivious to the world that the only way to demonstrate a point is by inserting extreme allegations into a simple hypothetical?  Are you pushing an anti-Sultan and Chicos agenda behind the cloak of an "if/then" statement?  Do you have some sort of obsession with being objective (or wanting anonymous people to think you're objective)?  Or are you just trying to stir the pot?

(Rocky's right... this is fun.)
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.