collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: United Airlines  (Read 41996 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: United Airlines
« Reply #150 on: April 13, 2017, 03:19:18 PM »
Are you upset when people say he's Vietnamese, or a man, or a "doctor"?

I read quite a number of articles about this incident, and while nearly all of them mentioned that he was Vietnamese, a man and a doctor, and some of theme even mentioned the sex for scripts incidents, I only heard the "gay" part from you.  And you mentioned it nearly every time you posted in this thread.

But I will be fair.  Going forward, I will back off if you mention the "type" of sex every time you post about sex, such as, "I hooked up with some skank off of Tinder for some straight sex".
Have some patience, FFS.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #151 on: April 13, 2017, 04:10:11 PM »
I think this translates to you taking the 'under'.

Really, I'm about to try to put his stuff into google translate. It's getting harder and harder to read.  :o

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #152 on: April 13, 2017, 04:16:18 PM »

A guy like Demetrio does not take this case because he getting less than $1,000,000.

-----

Demetrio takes a case like this because he can have his firm's logo on the backdrop of his presser:

Hard to purchase that kind of coverage.  And I'll take the under on the settlement amount being thrown around here.
Ludum habemus.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #153 on: April 13, 2017, 04:18:19 PM »
How about this one:  I have taken dozens and dozens of Southwest flights, and I can think of only one time my flight was delayed for anything  other than weather issues.  I have only been cancelled once; I was traveling back to Chicago and there was a blizzard there.  So I had to spend an extra day in Las Vegas.  Sucks to be me.

I worked for a company where a group of us had to fly to Charlotte for meetings.  I took Southwest; everyone else took legacy airlines out of O'Hare.  At least half the time, their flight back was delayed.  To rub it in, I would text them all that I had landed at Midway, while they were still sitting in the Charlotte airport on a Friday night.

Also Southwest is starting to fly internationally.  They are starting with Mexico and the Caribbean.  Also, their frequent flyer points never expire.  I am sitting on well over 100K of them right now.

i can fully attest to this with one exception-out of many many flights, i've had ONE flight delayed and they were texting me all along the way, keeping me informed.  i've never had to battle anyone for a seat.  as you board in accordance with your number, you walk up the aisle, throw your carry-on above, sit your back-side down and turn on your lap top to watch tv, disembark, walk off and go to your car.  i rarely/almost never have to check a bag

cancelling or changing a flight has always been painless

i love 'em!!
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #154 on: April 13, 2017, 04:21:33 PM »
He would support the police if they came to his home and assaulted his kids.

i'll betcha a six-pak he wouldn't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #155 on: April 13, 2017, 04:24:26 PM »
How long does it take you to translate from regular english to that?

i love it!  don't let 'em get to ya warrior! 

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #156 on: April 13, 2017, 04:28:23 PM »
How about this one:  I have taken dozens and dozens of Southwest flights, and I can think of only one time my flight was delayed for anything  other than weather issues.  I have only been cancelled once; I was traveling back to Chicago and there was a blizzard there.  So I had to spend an extra day in Las Vegas.  Sucks to be me.

I worked for a company where a group of us had to fly to Charlotte for meetings.  I took Southwest; everyone else took legacy airlines out of O'Hare.  At least half the time, their flight back was delayed.  To rub it in, I would text them all that I had landed at Midway, while they were still sitting in the Charlotte airport on a Friday night.

Also Southwest is starting to fly internationally.  They are starting with Mexico and the Caribbean.  Also, their frequent flyer points never expire.  I am sitting on well over 100K of them right now.

Chick, I've flown United since I came to Chicago in the 1980s -- except for a four year period where United was simply awful and the company I worked for had a contract with American. I'm 6'4" and sitting in most coach seats is a violation of my human rights under the Geneva Convention. As I said elsewhere, any seat with a pitch less than 30" should be declared unfit for human habitation, Danny DiVito excluded.

United at times is a pain, I won't deny it. So is Southwest -- you've been fortunate. I'd argue that 90%+ of the times I fly United, they're on time or even early. And since Oscar took over, the morale of the employees is much better than ever. I agree with Keefe's position on US Airlines generally, but United is as good as anyone, which isn't saying much.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #157 on: April 13, 2017, 05:49:12 PM »
I read quite a number of articles about this incident, and while nearly all of them mentioned that he was Vietnamese, a man and a doctor, and some of theme even mentioned the sex for scripts incidents, I only heard the "gay" part from you.  And you mentioned it nearly every time you posted in this thread.

But I will be fair.  Going forward, I will back off if you mention the "type" of sex every time you post about sex, such as, "I hooked up with some skank off of Tinder for some straight sex".

The question was if you were upset by people stating that he was a doctor, for instance? You seem to be mad when people bring up that he was involved in illicit drugs-for-gay-sex arrangements... (he's a convicted felon)...

I'd like to understand what led up to him being removed from the plane. That is, his reaction and interaction with United before they went to the next phase... and then again, when the fake cops showed up, how did he react and interact?

It takes a certain level of naughtiness to be a married man with 5 kids, and a doctor, who commits felony drug crimes and bangs male patients in exchange for drugs... did the felon play any part in escalating the situation (I mean with the fake cops on the plane, obviously he did with the patient, ainner?)?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #158 on: April 13, 2017, 05:49:36 PM »
And since Oscar took over, the morale of the employees is much better than ever. I agree with Keefe's position on US Airlines generally, but United is as good as anyone, which isn't saying much.

You should click the JD power link.  United is not as good as anyone.  In fact, they're exactly worse than everyone except for Frontier!  Now, I will fully admit that data is nearly a year old, and perhaps the second year of Oscar's tenure they've improved dramatically.  I don't know, I don't fly them (usually Southwest, Delta, and then non-US carriers, in that order).

The other part of the debate here, really just comes down to "loyalty" programs.  Once you're "above the masses" on a particular airline, you are going to have a better airport experience with that airline, and it will seem worse with the others.   So, the airlines generally evoke great loyalty from their frequent customers.  That makes sense.

Anyhow, back to United and the Doc.  I hope this news creates some changes by the airlines in how they deal with things.  Even if it's just a few tweaks, and realizing they'll probably get worse again someday.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 05:54:48 PM by rocky_warrior »

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2017, 06:45:50 PM »

United at times is a pain

More literally now a days  ;D

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2017, 07:04:20 PM »
The more you watch the video, the higher the $ total gets in the inevitable settlement.      7 figure$.

what i don't get is, and this is with most of these "big number' lawsuits is, how do they come up with these dollar amounts?  it's not like there's a ready reference table or anything, but sometimes these numbers are "powerball-esque'  i mean, come on man!  compensate the dude a couple million and let's move on...it's incidents like these that have people putting chit in their food, slipping on dry sidewalks, etc that keep the yellow pages thick with attorneys and asking for more

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2017, 07:29:30 PM »
new united training video just released by the big "O"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2017, 07:47:29 PM »
what i don't get is, and this is with most of these "big number' lawsuits is, how do they come up with these dollar amounts?  it's not like there's a ready reference table or anything, but sometimes these numbers are "powerball-esque'  i mean, come on man!  compensate the dude a couple million and let's move on...it's incidents like these that have people putting chit in their food, slipping on dry sidewalks, etc that keep the yellow pages thick with attorneys and asking for more
So you're taking the under, too.   I get it.   You are a doctor.  (ish ;D)   Malpractice and big jury awards create a Pavlovian response in you.    But the man is going to get paid.    And I honestly think it will be low 8 figures. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 08:05:14 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #163 on: April 13, 2017, 07:52:22 PM »

You still get the yellow pages?

The value of his claim is his medical bills, wage loss, pain & suffering (past and maybe future) and, potentially, punitive or exemplary damages.  The categories that are hard to quantify are pain & suffering and punitive damages.  To a large measure, the pain & suffering depends on what his health care providers say about his injuries, and how well he would tell his own tale.

Then throw in his "likeability" to a potential jury, and in this case, the dislike many have toward the airline industry.  It will be interesting to watch it unfold.
Ludum habemus.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #164 on: April 13, 2017, 08:10:49 PM »
Dude lost a couple of choppers. Dats worth a bundle rite der, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #165 on: April 13, 2017, 08:11:56 PM »
You still get the yellow pages?

The value of his claim is his medical bills, wage loss, pain & suffering (past and maybe future) and, potentially, punitive or exemplary damages.  The categories that are hard to quantify are pain & suffering and punitive damages.  To a large measure, the pain & suffering depends on what his health care providers say about his injuries, and how well he would tell his own tale.

Then throw in his "likeability" to a potential jury, and in this case, the dislike many have toward the airline industry.  It will be interesting to watch it unfold.

Defense attorneys like a dirty, mean spirited, gay molesting drug dealing guy like this... I think the named defendants will be interesting..

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #166 on: April 13, 2017, 08:13:04 PM »

Plaintiff's lawyer hires an expert to estimate losses and then multiplies it x10.  Defendant's lawyer hires an expert to estimate losses and then divides it by 10.  Then they both try to make the case to the jury.  If the jury feels bad for the plaintiff, they usually end up closer to their number....

And I haven't seen a yellow pages in years.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #167 on: April 13, 2017, 08:52:20 PM »
Dude lost a couple of choppers. Dats worth a bundle rite der, ai na?

Doc, please give us your estimate and factor in Chicagoland pricing, if you think there's a significant geographic difference from your practice.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 09:15:50 PM by Sir Lawrence »
Ludum habemus.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #168 on: April 13, 2017, 09:16:51 PM »
Give us your estimate and factor in Chicagoland pricing.

Or pricing based on the "doctor's" past practices... can United flip him a few pills and a gay hand job, then all is good?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #169 on: April 13, 2017, 09:39:33 PM »
Demetrio takes a case like this because he can have his firm's logo on the backdrop of his presser:

Hard to purchase that kind of coverage.  And I'll take the under on the settlement amount being thrown around here.

Read his bio, he doesn't need the pub, he needs fees.

He sees huge fees in this business.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #170 on: April 13, 2017, 09:53:33 PM »
Defense attorneys like a dirty, mean spirited, gay molesting drug dealing guy like this... I think the named defendants will be interesting..

You really are a sick, perverted dude. Nothin' but a "holier than thou" POS.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #171 on: April 13, 2017, 09:59:16 PM »
Read his bio, he doesn't need the pub, he needs fees.

He sees huge fees in this business.

I know his bio.  I know a few of his partners.  He will generate a decent fee on this case, but the plaintiff isn't a paraplegic or a horrible burn victim because of the incident, unlike many of the cases that built Corboy & Demetrio. This case brought Demetrio national coverage yesterday and today.  I'll wager most here never heard of him until now.
Ludum habemus.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #172 on: April 13, 2017, 10:00:36 PM »
You really are a sick, perverted dude. Nothin' but a "holier than thou" POS.

Has zero to do with me. You feel the same way about a guy that lives life without breaking the law exactly the same as a guy who molests patients and eventually convinces them to trade drugs for gay sex? I'll make a call on it- that's bad. It's awful.

Being a married man w multiple kids who fondles patients, commits felonies to bang men, etc. is BAD. Yes, sorry for the judgment. But it's awful.

Interesting that some of you approve.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:02:11 PM by Jay Bee »

GWSwarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #173 on: April 13, 2017, 10:31:39 PM »
Plaintiff's lawyer hires an expert to estimate losses and then multiplies it x10.  Defendant's lawyer hires an expert to estimate losses and then divides it by 10.  Then they both try to make the case to the jury.  If the jury feels bad for the plaintiff, they usually end up closer to their number....

And I haven't seen a yellow pages in years.

Clearly you know nothing about being a plaintiff's attorney
Fear makes you dumb.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #174 on: April 13, 2017, 10:55:41 PM »
Has zero to do with me. You feel the same way about a guy that lives life without breaking the law exactly the same as a guy who molests patients and eventually convinces them to trade drugs for gay sex? I'll make a call on it- that's bad. It's awful.

Being a married man w multiple kids who fondles patients, commits felonies to bang men, etc. is BAD. Yes, sorry for the judgment. But it's awful.

Interesting that some of you approve.

Would it be less bad if he were a married man w multiple kids who fondles patients, commits felonies to bang women, etc.?

Methinks you're trying way too hard to convince everyone you have a distaste for homosexuality.

feedback