* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 16, 2024, 06:05:43 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jay Bee
[May 16, 2024, 04:26:22 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Buffalo shooting, take 2  (Read 12736 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Buffalo shooting, take 2
« Reply #150 on: May 25, 2022, 06:27:43 PM »

So, Barrington was on your paper route, hey?

🐷🐷

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #151 on: May 25, 2022, 06:36:04 PM »
Yeah, I guess I moved the goalposts only because Senator Durbin is a leader for the majority party in the Senate. The Democrats have the majority in the House and the President willing to sign legislation that gets to his desk. Maybe as the majority party, if this means something more than a soundbite, maybe you Democrats ought to start negotiating and compromising, rather than crying and talking like Durbin, Biden and the Police Chief.

By the way, As to AR-15s, many of us Republicans would be perfectly happy if we get them off the streets. We'd be perfectly happy if we get high volume magazines out of circulation, along with bump stocks, armor piercing bullets and handguns with a barrel of less than seven inches. They're good ideas that have all been proposed and gone down in flaming defeat. The hand gun proposal was made by, God forbid, a heinous, satanic Republican.

Cool, but it takes 60 votes. There are maybe 4 or 5 Republicans that would go for a limited compromise.

"Many" Republicans won't get jacksh!it done unless a significant % of them give up their top priorities of killing trans kids and controlling women.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #152 on: May 25, 2022, 06:49:56 PM »

Yeah, I guess I moved the goalposts only because Senator Durbin is a leader for the majority party in the Senate.

Everyone says this, but it's not true. The Dems do not have a legislative majority in the Senate. They are in the legislative minority 52-48 as long as the filibuster exists.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #153 on: May 25, 2022, 06:56:17 PM »
Breaking News

NRA Agrees To Gun Ban - oh, it's only at the NRA convention in Texas this week.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #154 on: May 25, 2022, 07:01:18 PM »
Breaking News

NRA Agrees To Gun Ban - oh, it's only at the NRA convention in Texas this week.

I’d think there’d be a lot of good guys with guns to stop any shenanigans. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Mucubfan

• Walk-On
« Reply #155 on: May 25, 2022, 07:03:28 PM »
I’d think there’d be a lot of good guys with guns to stop any shenanigans.
What a bunch of idiots, gun bans don’t work.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #156 on: May 25, 2022, 07:04:24 PM »
What a bunch of idiots, gun bans don’t work.
Gonna be a lot of bad dudes with guns showing up. What’s gonna stop them?

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #157 on: May 25, 2022, 07:04:41 PM »
Everyone says this, but it's not true. The Dems do not have a legislative majority in the Senate. They are in the legislative minority 52-48 as long as the filibuster exists.

And you can only argue a majority if there were any in the minority willing to negotiate in good faith. My faith in that was gone after Sandy Hook - the quality of Republican in congress has not exactly gone up since then

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #158 on: May 25, 2022, 07:06:06 PM »
Cool, but it takes 60 votes. There are maybe 4 or 5 Republicans that would go for a limited compromise.

"Many" Republicans won't get jacksh!it done unless a significant % of them give up their top priorities of killing trans kids and controlling women.

That’s up there with “gun owners are actually super happy about mass killings” for dumbest attempts to hysterically vilify people you don’t agree with in this thread.  Dumb as a Biden ice cream joke

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2022, 07:07:08 PM »
Gonna be a lot of bad dudes with guns showing up. What’s gonna stop them?

That call is coming from inside the house.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2022, 07:12:29 PM »
That’s up there with “gun owners are actually super happy about mass killings” for dumbest attempts to hysterically vilify people you don’t agree with in this thread.  Dumb as a Biden ice cream joke

Fine, but I think the semantics between "super happy" and "don't care enough to vote to change it" don't mean much to the families of 19 dead 4th graders today.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2022, 07:17:16 PM »

Fair.
They're not trying to kill trans kids. They're just trying to make them as ostracized and marginalized as possible.
They can breathe and all, just don't expect to be accepted in any way.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #162 on: May 25, 2022, 07:41:48 PM »
Fine, but I think the semantics between "super happy" and "don't care enough to vote to change it" don't mean much to the families of 19 dead 4th graders today.

That’s despicable BS and you know it. 

Fair.
They're not trying to kill trans kids. They're just trying to make them as ostracized and marginalized as possible.

Something something moving goalposts.  Or whatever you like to say when people state opinion as fact, get called out, and then trying to change the statement?

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #163 on: May 25, 2022, 07:48:35 PM »
That’s despicable BS and you know it.

How, when the difference in practice is wholly indistinguishable? I'll hang up and listen.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #164 on: May 25, 2022, 07:52:46 PM »
Something something moving goalposts.  Or whatever you like to say when people state opinion as fact, get called out, and then trying to change the statement?

Not sure what you're getting snarky about, Wags. I'm agreeing with you.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #165 on: May 25, 2022, 07:54:06 PM »
Has anyone seen an explanation about how the shooter made it inside the school?

I've seen the details that he crashed grandma's truck near the school. Then walked to the school. There, there was an "engagement" with armed officers. And then he just gets into the school to start murdering grade schoolers?

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #166 on: May 25, 2022, 07:55:20 PM »
If I vote for someone primarily because they want to outlaw guns but who also wants to abolish all police forces. I’ve also voted for the abolition of police even if personally I think they’re fine.

GB is being flippant, but if you vote for a GOP candidate who prevents any reform, you’ve voted for the prevention of any reform even if you mostly just wanted the tax cut.

It happens. I voted for plenty of people in 2020 who espouse many positions I oppose because they held the one I valued more than any others. Doesn’t mean I don’t own their other positions too.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #167 on: May 25, 2022, 07:56:06 PM »

You're right. It was a ridiculously hyperbolic comment.

But LGBTQ kids commit suicide at an inordinately high rate, largely because they've been made to feel they are "less than" by society.

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/05/1096920693/lgbtq-youth-thoughts-of-suicide-trevor-project-survey

So yes, it was an unnecessarily dopey comment by GB Warrior ... unnecessary because all he had to do was state the truth: Policies that ostracize LGBTQ individuals statistically lead to suicide attempts at an alarmingly high rate, and those policies are enacted in the United States by only one political party. Members of that party in the various states seem to enjoy playing leapfrog as they vie for the "honor" of which state can be the most heartless.

And of course, the ease at which these and other marginalized people can obtain guns just makes suicide all the easier.

So if all lives actually matter, as so many in that party like to claim, maybe they should stop electing people who go out of their way to be cruel to an already emotionally fragile segment of society and who also believe in guns, guns and more guns for everybody.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #168 on: May 25, 2022, 07:56:23 PM »
Has anyone seen an explanation about how the shooter made it inside the school?

I've seen the details that he crashed grandma's truck near the school. Then walked to the school. There, there was an "engagement" with armed officers. And then he just gets into the school to start murdering grade schoolers?

Cops got scared and disengaged.

They tried claiming he was armored (body armor doesn’t really work like that. It’s not an iron man suit) but then it’s been reported that his plate carrier had no armored plates in it.

For all the “put cops in schools to protect them” arguments, well… last two times that’s not exactly worked.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 08:01:02 PM by jficke13 »

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #169 on: May 25, 2022, 07:59:30 PM »
If I vote for someone primarily because they want to outlaw guns but who also wants to abolish all police forces. I’ve also voted for the abolition of police even if personally I think they’re fine.

GB is being flippant, but if you vote for a GOP candidate who prevents any reform, you’ve voted for the prevention of any reform even if you mostly just wanted the tax cut.

It happens. I voted for plenty of people in 2020 who espouse many positions I oppose because they held the one I valued more than any others. Doesn’t mean I don’t own their other positions too.

Bingo. I don't agree with all of the platforms of the candidates I vote for, but one of my biggest is that all parents, including me, get to see their kids every day.

You only get one top issue. Own the rest.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #170 on: May 25, 2022, 08:02:05 PM »
Fair.

It's bullying behavior.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #171 on: May 25, 2022, 08:12:25 PM »

It's bullying behavior.
The cruelty is the point.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #173 on: May 25, 2022, 08:23:59 PM »

So, Barrington was on your paper route, hey?

Yeah, something like that. It's no Fond du Lac, let me tell you.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #174 on: May 25, 2022, 08:39:22 PM »

God Bless Steve Kerr!
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust