collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Millennials are unnatural carnal knowledgeed  (Read 10588 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Millennials are unnatural carnal knowledgeed
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2017, 05:44:23 PM »
We live in a capitalistic society, by definition there is going to be differences in income. For example I am on call 24/7/365 and have significant responsibility for the welfare of the people who work in our company.  I have taken on risk in doing that and am compensated accordingly.

The wealth and standard of all living in society has increased materially over time.   The current period is one not unlike the days of the industrial revolution. There were people then who were displaced by things like the cotton gin etc, just as people are displaced today. However, once these technology based  transitions occur all boats are lifted.

Today there is unlimited potential for someone who can read , write and communicate properly. Those who have mastered skills using the latest technology are in a strong position to do well.

Real world example, with the corporate tax cut, we are going to invest in several new facilities in communities in need of good paying jobs. We will generate about 200 brand new jobs with a good future for those employees with  these investments. 

Thanks for the pablum.

I am not against income inequality.  I am against extreme inequality.  In much of the world's history, societies with large income inequality have failed.  Supply side economics is just another example of that.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2017, 05:51:51 PM »
But the taxes for graduate student tuition credits are being raised. Which will raise my taxes by 300 percent. So how?
The final bill eliminated that provision. Your standard deduction has been raised and therefore you will actually be receiving a tax cut.  The withholding changes will be put in place in February so you should begin to see some of that money in that pay period.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2017, 05:54:05 PM »
Corporations are going to have more money to give to the CEOs and hide in overseas bank accounts.

Orr ta hire unemployed, recent college grads, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2017, 06:11:56 PM »
The final bill eliminated that provision. Your standard deduction has been raised and therefore you will actually be receiving a tax cut.  The withholding changes will be put in place in February so you should begin to see some of that money in that pay period.

Rowsey, I am surprised you weren't following this closer seeing as you had such a vested interest.  Stop spreading #fakenews.  :)
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2017, 06:20:05 PM »
This article just came across my twitter feed.  Not completely related, but makes some good points about wage stagnation and its impact on quality of life.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/05/my-secret-shame/476415/?utm_source=atlfb

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2017, 06:25:39 PM »

Orr ta hire unemployed, recent college grads, ai na?

I'll believe it when I see it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2017, 06:27:06 PM »
Two different subjects in this thread: millennials and taxes.

TAXES:

I personally think that billionaires already were in pretty good shape, but if our elected officials firmly believe that the richest among us (a group that includes all the legislators voting for this legislation, our president and the big-money lobbyists) need to keep hundreds of millions more of their money each year, there's not much the rest of us can do about it. Even if poll after poll after poll shows that Americans are decidedly against the Tax Cuts For Billionaires & Big Donors Plan.

I actually believe I am going to come out a little ahead on this, but I know and like lots of people who will not.

For one thing, the new law all but guarantees that health-care costs will accelerate at an even faster pace, and those suffering the most will be the middle class.

Without the mandate but with pre-existing conditions still being covered, healthy people will wait until they get sick or injured to buy health insurance. That will make the overall pool of "customers" older and sicker. Insurers will have no choice but to raise the price of their services even more to cover the significant shortfall.

Many lower-income folks will still benefit from subsidies - until those are shytecanned, too. And of course the rich don't care because they got their taxes significantly reduced and have plenty of money to pay for their designer health care.

It's those who make a little too much to get subsidies who will suffer - especially self-employed people and employees of small companies, folks who must buy their own insurance.

This considerably more expensive health insurance will easily eat away any meager tax savings.

MILLENNIALS:

I am the father of two of them. One already is a huge success, financial and otherwise. The other is struggling more financially, but he has a good life and I think he'll end up OK; he's back in school and doing well there.

I do think Millennials face some obstacles that previous generations didn't. Mostly, it being largely a service economy now, unions are practically dead, and the majority of states are run by people who don't give a rat's rump about them.

However, I also agree with others that every generation faces obstacles. I graduated Marquette in the middle of a huge recession and jobs were scarce across the board. It's always something.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2017, 06:36:22 PM »
We've had economic growth for ~6 years now (not perfect, not every indicator, coming out of a major recession, etc......but undeniable growth).  Wouldn't this be the perfect time to directly address the debt?  not theoretically address it, not hope corporations expand payrolls, not add to the debt.  Some companies will absolutely increase payroll, but anyone that has ever worked for a large/fortune X company knows that every decision is made for efficiency, quarterly reports, and the board. 

No knock on corporate america at all, it's how i made my $ and why i can do what i want now.  but the thought that a tax break will go to hiring people who will add to the tax base is very much theoretical (and actually laughable from what i've experienced).

Also, anyone who bags on a younger generation is showing one of the top 2 signs of being out of touch.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2017, 06:38:09 PM »
The debt will never be addressed. 

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2017, 06:45:01 PM »
Agree, but do we really don't need to proliferate it for little reason

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2017, 06:48:36 PM »
Eh, if it's never going to be addressed, might as well keep spending.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2017, 07:15:50 PM »

Thanks for the pablum.

I am not against income inequality.  I am against extreme inequality.  In much of the world's history, societies with large income inequality have failed.  Supply side economics is just another example of that.
There is no such thing as extreme inequality in the United States. This is all an obfuscation made to blur what in fact has been a massive wealth transfer to public employees. The public employee pension plans and compensations are on a never ending spiraling up. In order to support those who are on the public dole politicians and their accomplices in the liberal media have made up this notion that the wealthy are getting away with murder and not paying their fair share. There is no poverty in this country, there is only extreme cases of mental illness that create poverty like conditions. Anyone who wants to work can and those who are truly disabled are taken care of cradle to grave. Most of the truly elite wealth have set up massive foundations to deal with the big picture problems of the world at larges such as famine, drinking water or back in the day Andrew Carnegie set up the library system.

Here is the reality, for example the teachers were I live make a median salary of $120,000  work 9 months have lifetime health and medical and cannot be fired once they have tenure after 3 years. They can retire with pay that approximates their final salary. That is an enormous gain of wealth for not having taken any risk.  I was on the school board for many years and we calculate that each employee that was granted tenure was in effect be given a $3.5 million life endowment.

By contrast , when I went to my company it was virtually bankrupt, I put together a plan to save it , invested my life savings and worked round the clock with no guarantees of success and the constant threat of litigation, banks who were looking to squeeze the life blood out of the company etc. I sacrificed having a tony high end life style for the benefit of making the company work.   We ended up saving 1,000 jobs, never fired a soul and every one made out well.  Why is the government entitled to tax all that effort that I and our team created? To pay a bunch of greedy public employees who are only thinking about what they are going to do on the summer off and who rail against success?
            ---Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2017, 07:25:17 PM »
The Milkennials are the most educated generation in the history of Earth. They will be fine. Form a start-up in your mom’s basement, write off your parental rent, have a board meeting on vacation in Mexico, take advantage of your lower tax corporate tax rate. Put people to work. You will figure it out but use your smarts as you will be the most influential generation in history.

Consumer spending hasn’t grown in any month in ten years versus the historical average. Not one. It is unparalleled. The financial markets with the government bail outs have grown this economy. 70% of the US economy is driven by the consumer sector, however. Think about that.

Politics aside, this is what this tax cut is trying to reverse. To grow the consumer sector at a faster rate...bring back higher paying middle class jobs...and yes, to increase interest rates so the Fed can get all the 2008 bail out paper off their books.

As to the government debt, the hated Boomers are paying that off via SS surplus contributions. When they need it, it won’t be there for most.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2017, 07:50:14 PM »

Here is the reality, for example the teachers were I live make a median salary of $120,000  work 9 months have lifetime health and medical and cannot be fired once they have tenure after 3 years. They can retire with pay that approximates their final salary. That is an enormous gain of wealth for not having taken any risk.  I was on the school board for many years and we calculate that each employee that was granted tenure was in effect be given a $3.5 million life endowment.

You simply are not telling the truth. Try harder!

The median annual salary for high school teachers was $57,200 in 2015. The best-paid 10 percent in the field made approximately $91,190, while the bottom 10 percent made $37,800. The HIGHEST paid teachers were in Nassau, New York - at $101,950.

I can only assume you live in another country and know little about what happens here.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2017, 08:10:17 PM »

The median annual salary for high school teachers was $57,200 in 2015. The best-paid 10 percent in the field made approximately $91,190, while the bottom 10 percent made $37,800. The HIGHEST paid teachers were in Nassau, New York - at $101,950.

I can only assume you live in another country and know little about what happens here.
Like I said I was on the school board and in our county the numbers were $120,000 median. We have state laws that require annual raises .  No one ever leaves a teaching job where we live because the pay and benefits are excellent. For many years the teachers did not have to contribute to their health care at all. Even today their contribution rates are far lower than the private sector.   So we have a very old teaching force, with  some making over $160,000 per year. Some are worth twice the price but others are not. The unfortunate thing is we had no choice as we could not get rid of the leakers.
            ---Al McGuire

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2017, 08:22:57 PM »

Maybe he lives in Park Ridge Illinois?

The average salary for the Maine Township (Park Ridge) school district is $111,103/yr
https://rebootillinois.com/2017/01/12/illinois-school-districts-average-teacher-salaries-2016/

And of the 482 teachers employed by Illinois High School District 207 (47%) make more than $125,000/yr.

https://www.maine207.org/UserFiles/Servers/Server_743341/File/Community/Public_Act_97-0256_Administrator_and_Teacher_Salary_and_Benefits_Report_1617.pdf

Unless you think Park Ridge is a foreign country? 

How much do you understand about (grossly overpaid) teacher salaries?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 08:26:48 PM by Yukon Cornelius »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2017, 08:28:29 PM »
Maybe he lives in Park Ridge Illinois?

The average salary for the Maine Township (Park Ridge) school district is $111,103/yr
https://rebootillinois.com/2017/01/12/illinois-school-districts-average-teacher-salaries-2016/

And of the 482 teachers employed by Illinois High School District 207 (47%) make more than $125,000/yr.

https://www.maine207.org/UserFiles/Servers/Server_743341/File/Community/Public_Act_97-0256_Administrator_and_Teacher_Salary_and_Benefits_Report_1617.pdf

Unless you think Park Ridge is a foreign country? 

How much do you understand about (grossly overpaid) teacher salaries?

Only selfish morons think teachers are overpaid.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2017, 08:35:34 PM »

Only selfish morons think teachers are overpaid.

And he we go with the left-wing condensation ... two types of people on Scoop, those that agree with Sultan's unstable left-wing views and those that are "Selfish Morons" that must be screamed into submission.  Because that's how Sultan deals with those that disagree with him, screams at them until they go away.

Mods, this thread is done, lock it up.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 08:47:16 PM by Yukon Cornelius »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2017, 08:42:03 PM »

And he we go with the left-wing condensation ... two pf people on Scoop, those that agree with Sultan's unstable left-wing views and those that are "Selfish Morons" that must be screamed into submission.  Because that's how Sultan deals with those that disagree with him, screams at them until they go away.

Mods, this thread is done, lock it up.

No I'm just tired of right wing bullsh*t that's been shown to be wrong again and again.  And people like you spout it likes it gospel.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2017, 08:48:01 PM »
Meshuggah, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2017, 08:48:56 PM »

No I'm just tired of right wing bullsh*t that's been shown to be wrong again and again.  And people like you spout it likes it gospel.

^^^ ban dis guy

Political insults. Sad!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2017, 08:51:11 PM »

That would be an opinion I hold, that teachers are overpaid, not a fact.

And that’s exactly my point, you cannot stand opinions that disagree with you, refuse to enrage, and insult and insult until you scare off the offending opinion or the mods lock the thread.

You’re the biggest reason threads get locked and you’re well on your way to locking this one.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2017, 08:53:04 PM »
^^^ ban dis guy

Political insults. Sad!

The fact that you aren't lobbying to ban Herman, who brought politics into this topic in the first place, shows your bias.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2017, 08:56:19 PM »
That would be an opinion I hold, that teachers are overpaid, not a fact.

And that’s exactly my point, you cannot stand opinions that disagree with you, refuse to enrage, and insult and insult until you scare off the offending opinion or the mods lock the thread.

You’re the biggest reason threads get locked and you’re well on your way to locking this one.

I didn't bring politics into this topic, but if they are going to be brought up, I am going to be on record.

Your opinion is stupid, selfish and destructive to society.  And I'm being generous.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2017, 08:58:00 PM »
That’s it man, I’m ringin’ up goose. Wee gonna cee hoos got da longest stream now, hey?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 09:00:31 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback