[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tough Guy Keefe/Mazos  (Read 21164 times)

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
Re: Tough Guy Keefe/Mazos
« Reply #200 on: July 01, 2021, 10:46:35 PM »
Pakuni,

Do you really think outing BLM to his HR director as a frequent Scoop contributor is equivalent to making false claims about child sex abuse on a dentist’s patient review page?

I’m with you that Keefe was out of line but c’mon.

Keefe's defenders are now down to arguing that his behavior is not as bad as a hypothetical that never happened. "Out of line"? Tough critic.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #201 on: July 01, 2021, 11:43:28 PM »
Pakuni

The 4ever thread was a joke and Rocky should be banned for started it. He started a thread as an attempt to embarrass a fellow scooper. I would gladly start a new thread to differentiate this thought vs the email for the folks that cannot multi task.
I'm struggling with what one has to do with the other. Yes, there was a thread started poking fun at 4ever's constantly negative takes, especially because MU had just taken down a top 5 ranked Rodent squad. And yes, many piled on about his takes, including myself, about his actively cheering for MU to lose, being gleeful when MU lost out on a prized recruit, and (the worst in my mind) belittling current players.

But how does that relate to what keefe did? I know you've said what he did was crapty, so credit for that. But I just don't understand how criticizing 4ever in that thread for those things somehow relates to tattling to someone's HR department.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #202 on: July 01, 2021, 11:47:10 PM »
I’ve been wary of Keene from the get go. Big talker, full of himself. Then, a few years ago, he started making references to my current and former employers. I’ve never mentioned them on here. That’s bloody creepy. Most was in response to me mocking Michigan football.

Going to someone’s HR department thought, that’s messed up. I had it happen to me but my boss looked at it, laughed it off and just said “be careful on social media.” That chick had issues and so does Keefe.
This.

This is not the first time keefe has pulled this crap. As far as I know he never went as far as contacting someone's company before, but he has attempted to pull this bullying intimidation bullcrap many times before.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #203 on: July 02, 2021, 02:30:45 AM »
Forgetful

My bad. I was thinking unforgiven and typed forgetful. Sorry for dragging you into the conversation, it was mistake on my part.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #204 on: July 02, 2021, 06:08:18 AM »
Can we agree on one fxxkin thing, no one supports the email being sent to Wade's HR department. Every other discussion is a sidebar to the main event. Whomever sent the email pulled an asxhole move.

Of course we can.  But then why do you guys feel the need to defend him at every turn.  No one brought up what a stellar fella he is.

Good people make bad decisions all the time, but to many here, it seems that his buddies are trying to excuse his bad decision.

A real man would apologize and say he got caught up in the moment and acknowledge it.  But here we are.  The biggest manliest man on the board can't bring himself to do such a thing.  The silence is truly deafening.

And I'll add that the mods gave him more than enough time since yesterday to do this.  Publicly or privately.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 06:12:57 AM by Hards_Alumni »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #205 on: July 02, 2021, 06:47:24 AM »
Hards

I do think many on here assume things because of who the poster happens to be. My comments on Crash being a friend is a fact and I stick to that. If he did something stupid, that is on him, not me to make it right. All I can add is that I do not approve of anyone crossing lines and trying to hurt someone. Me personally, over the years I have tried harder and harder to show respect on scoop and weigh my words and that is something I can control, other people need to do the same and be held accountable if lines are crossed.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #206 on: July 02, 2021, 07:06:18 AM »
Lenny,

I'd like to think you're way smarter than this.  Please don't disavow me of that notion.

? You made the comparison, not me. As for taking things literally, there’s so much unintentional hyperbole in this thread it’s hard to tell where it stops.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #207 on: July 02, 2021, 08:04:49 AM »
? You made the comparison, not me. As for taking things literally, there’s so much unintentional hyperbole in this thread it’s hard to tell where it stops.

Oh, Lenny,

I didn't compare anything. I threw out an off-the-cuff example of how someone might "attack" 4ever in real life, as opposed to Ziggy's silly statement that re-posting 4ever's own words constituted a real life attack on him.
The fact you seem outraged by a mere hypothetical while steadfastly remaining an "unabashed and unapologetic fan" of keefe in light of his actions is disappointing.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #208 on: July 02, 2021, 08:08:51 AM »
In my opinion, the politics and personal insults, often times originating in johnson measuring, have been allowed to go unchecked and subsequently get way out of hand. Piling on is the norm here. End result is an internet shoot out at sundown.
Why can't we all be friends, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #209 on: July 02, 2021, 08:43:13 AM »
In my opinion, the politics and personal insults, often times originating in johnson measuring, have been allowed to go unchecked and subsequently get way out of hand. Piling on is the norm here. End result is an internet shoot out at sundown.

This is a real weird conclusion to draw given what we know of why this thread exists.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #210 on: July 02, 2021, 08:58:30 AM »
Is there a commercial/business aspect of this board?  Without an ad blocker, I get ads on here.
Maybe # of visits makes money?
More Jerry Springer on here the better?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #211 on: July 02, 2021, 09:19:31 AM »

Internet fights definitely not comparable to real life threats

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #212 on: July 02, 2021, 09:36:23 AM »
The responses here are both funny and incredibly predictable.  I'd say I'm sure Keefe's a great guy in real life, but honestly someone who quite literally internet stalks someone and then sends their HR department an email about them viewing non-work related websites really doesn't seem like that great of a guy.  Insults on Twitter or a message board?  I'm guilty of it.  And like I said, that is my blame in all of this.  Obviously my posting upset Keefer or this wouldn't have happened.  But I don't think I could ever find myself getting so invested that I'd even care to learn the identity of an anonymous poster, let alone figure out his position, company, and who to email to alert about that.

I don't know whether Keefer needs help or not.  But I do know that if my friends found out I did what Keefer did, I sure as hell hope they'd be like "Yooooooooooo!  What the fuuuuuu?!  That is way out of line dude!"  I'd hope they'd forgive me and remain friends with me, and my actions are not their responsibility.  But if they consider me to be a "great guy" I'd hope they'd let me know when I'm certainly not acting like a "great guy."  That stuff is flat out creepy, weird, and out of line.

We can pretend that we don't know for sure that it was Keefer who sent the emails to multiple peoples' companies.  But the reality is the email address is logged to an MUScoop username that shares the same 2 IP addresses as Keefer's username, is linked to a Twitter account that is checking in in the Seattle suburbs, and has been confirmed as Keefer by a moderator.  Not to mention, he's posted multiple times in other threads and has failed to post in this thread.  If someone accused me of what I'm accusing Keefer of and I was not responsible for the emails, I know damn well I'd have responded ASAP.  If you want to dig your head in the sand feel free.  Wouldn't be the first time.  But you're willingly being ignorant.

This guy has shown us who he is.  It's not an "internet personality."  It's a guy with issues.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 10:56:47 AM by BLM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #213 on: July 02, 2021, 10:07:38 AM »
Is there a commercial/business aspect of this board?  Without an ad blocker, I get ads on here.
Maybe # of visits makes money?
More Jerry Springer on here the better?

That's why part of my platform to become supermoderator is birthday gifts for everyone. Time to spend some of the MUScoop treasury! On my birthday. But not my real birthday because I don't want Keefe to doxx me and email my grandma about how I've told everyone he has a small pp.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #214 on: July 02, 2021, 10:30:05 AM »
The responses here are both funny and incredibly predictable.  I'd say I'm sure Keefe's a great guy in real life, but honestly someone who quite literally internet stalks someone and then sends their HR department an email about them viewing non-work related websites really doesn't seem like that great of a guy.  Insults on Twitter or a message board?  I'm guilty of it.  And like I said, that is my blame in all of this.  Obviously my posting upset Keefer or this wouldn't have happened.  But I don't think I could ever find myself getting so invested that I'd even care to learn the identity of an anonymous poster, let alone figure out his position, company, and who to email to alert about that.

I don't know whether Keefer needs help or not.  But I do know that if my friends found out I did what Keefer did, I sure as hell hope they'd be like "Yooooooooooo!  What the fuuuuuu?!  That is way out of line dude!"  I'd hope they'd forgive me and remain friends with me, and my actions are not their responsibility.  But if they consider me to be a "great guy" I'd hope they'd let me know when I'm certainly not acting like a "great guy."  That stuff is flat out creepy, weird, and out of line.

We can pretend that we don't know for sure that it was Keefer who sent the emails to multiple peoples' companies.  But the reality is the email address is logged to an MUScoop username that shares the same 2 IP addresses as Keefer's username, is linked to a Twitter account that is checking in in the Seattle suburbs, and has been confirmed as Keefer by a moderator.  If you want to dig your head in the sand feel free.  Wouldn't be the first time.  But you're willingly being ignorant.

This guy has shown us who he is.  It's not an "internet personality."  It's a guy with issues.
I agree with this analysis.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #215 on: July 02, 2021, 01:28:14 PM »

With Keefe and a couple of others on here, people have said, either directly to me or in a post, "That's just a character he likes to play on the board.  In real life he's a good guy".

My question is:  Why would a "good guy" choose to be this character?
Have some patience, FFS.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #216 on: July 02, 2021, 01:40:05 PM »
With Keefe and a couple of others on here, people have said, either directly to me or in a post, "That's just a character he likes to play on the board.  In real life he's a good guy".

My question is:  Why would a "good guy" choose to be this character?

In another unrelated online community that bridges the online/offline divide, there are several authors who are defended this way. These individuals persistently create professional kerfuffles (to put it mildly), and are *extremely* divisive based on their confrontational, trollish, online behavior. If I only had a nickel for everyone who said some variant of "oh they just do that to play a character, they're *really* good guys IRL." In both dealing with those authors and the impact they have on the communities they interact with and in dealing with <waves hands at whatever this is>, I'm always reminded of Popehat's Rule of Goats, which states (mildly edited), "if you kiss a goat ironically, you're still a goat kisser."

If you're a jerk on the internet as part of a schtick, you're still a jerk. The rest of your justification for being a jerk is irrelevant to the inevitable conclusion that you're a jerk.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #217 on: July 02, 2021, 01:42:39 PM »
BLM posting during work hours again.  Very very brave.   :P :-\ :o 8-) ;D

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #218 on: July 02, 2021, 03:04:48 PM »
Query: Based on the facts stated in BLM's original post, might not Keefe's actions constitute a crime? i guess it depends on the state where BLM works.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #219 on: July 02, 2021, 06:59:37 PM »
friends don’t try to get friends fired, but keep your head in the sand.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #220 on: July 02, 2021, 08:09:22 PM »

The fact you seem outraged by a mere hypothetical while steadfastly remaining an "unabashed and unapologetic fan" of keefe in light of his actions is disappointing.

The fact that you characterize someone simply pointing out your obviously false equivalency as “outraged” is disappointing to me.

The fact that I’ll only say that what Keefe did was wrong and “out of line” (BLM later used the exact same words) and not call him the worst person in the world who I will heretofore metaphorically spit on every time his name is mentioned is disappointing to you. Sorry I can’t give you what you want.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 09:25:49 PM by Lennys Tap »

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #221 on: July 02, 2021, 09:23:56 PM »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #222 on: July 02, 2021, 10:49:17 PM »
The fact that you characterize someone simply pointing out your obviously false equivalency as “outraged” is disappointing to me.

The fact that I’ll only say that what Keefe did was wrong and “out of line” (BLM later used the exact same words) and not call him the worst person in the world who I will heretofore metaphorically spit on every time his name is mentioned is disappointing to you. Sorry I can’t give you what you want.

Very reasonable post, Lenny.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #223 on: July 03, 2021, 06:10:02 AM »

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #224 on: July 03, 2021, 08:01:29 AM »

Beastie Boys - Tough Guy
https://youtu.be/DNkYVaRzhxE

Even has basketball reference just for Scoop.

feedback