Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Dwill ... 20,000 shots this summer, Eating Better and Lost Weight  (Read 8556 times)

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
Re: Dwill ... 20,000 shots this summer, Eating Better and Lost Weight
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2014, 01:51:24 PM »
I watched Derrick intently during warm-ups several times last season.

He makes a ton of free throws, and his stroke looks good. I don't know if it's just confidence, fatigue, mental, etc.

He also seemed to make it whenever he jacked one up after a whistle. His form definitely looked looser on those as well. I wonder whether it could be a speed of the game issue, or to be optimistic, that he was tight about shooting under Buzz. In the latter case we might reasonably expect some improved shooting from Derrick.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2014, 01:58:48 PM »
Hoo Boy. After reading some of these posts, it appears that some are now building the case that Derrick will be the "savior" to this season's team. I sure hope he will be, but there has been no evidence of that up to this point. Maybe the 20,000 shots this summer is the game changer.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2014, 02:12:31 PM »
Two comments.

1. So that is about 250 shots a day this summer so far.  Not really that many in my opinion.

2. The emphasis should be on shots made, not shots taken.  This was how Novak did it. He made a couple hundred shots and called that a success.  Novak created an incentive to make shots and take them seriously.  Not just volume. 
     If Dwill made 150 shots a day, I'd be more impressed than just putting up 20K shots this summer. 
      I'd rather see an emphasis no shots made.  Would create more focus on making shots efficiently to get out of the gym or                                           do something different.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2014, 02:42:08 PM »
Hoo Boy. After reading some of these posts, it appears that some are now building the case that Derrick will be the "savior" to this season's team. I sure hope he will be, but there has been no evidence of that up to this point. Maybe the 20,000 shots this summer is the game changer.

Yes, saying that a player might be improved this season is setting my sights too high.

Thanks for setting me straight. I feel better now.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2014, 05:17:37 PM »
I hope Derrick's work pays off for him and MU - I'll be rooting for him.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2014, 05:55:36 PM »
A lot of posters were assuming Derrick last year wouldalso  be this year's Derrick. I always wondered what effect Wojo would have on his game. I also figured he would more likely play the two or three than the one. He was never a point guard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2014, 06:56:58 PM »
A lot of posters were assuming Derrick last year wouldalso  be this year's Derrick. I always wondered what effect Wojo would have on his game. I also figured he would more likely play the two or three than the one. He was never a point guard.

Foul trouble or an injury and he could end up guarding a 4. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback