[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Explosions in Kiev  (Read 51438 times)

dgies9156

• All American
Re: Explosions in Kiev
« Reply #550 on: March 07, 2022, 06:51:27 PM »
Russia should have read this great WaPo piece last month. https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/interactive/2022/ukraine-russia-invasion-geography-weather/

Regarding the Pinsk Marshes, where Russia is held up North of Kiev:

Hey, my daughter is from those marshes in Belarus.

No kidding. She is

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #551 on: March 07, 2022, 07:59:07 PM »
Best theory I read today is Russia is doing all of this KNOWING they will be cutoff and isolated, which will give credibility and power to all the Bitcoin Putin and the oligarchs have...thus bringing the fall of Western banking and shifting power to BTC and other Crypto.  4D Chess I tell you
Was Matt Damon pushing this theory?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #552 on: March 07, 2022, 08:19:13 PM »

Ron Watkins.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #553 on: March 07, 2022, 08:21:18 PM »

Funny enough I read somewhere that Damon doesn’t really know anything about Crypto and didn’t look into much, just happily took the huge bag of money Crypto.com threw at him. Which could be problematic as supposedly, despite the huge war chest they have, it’s one of the more tenuous/problematic exchanges that could have a rocky future

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #554 on: March 07, 2022, 08:28:28 PM »
Very provocative, but Ukraine desperately needs help.

DOA

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #555 on: March 08, 2022, 08:51:48 AM »
Ban on Russian oil in the US. Allegedly, we only import 5% in the US, yet prices are exceeding that by a lot.

We need energy independence in the US. Nuclear, temporary natural gas increases, solar/wind where appropriate. And need to work on advanced energy production methods
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 08:54:00 AM by jesmu84 »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #556 on: March 08, 2022, 08:54:33 AM »
Ban on Russian oil in the US. Allegedly, we only import 5% in the US, yet prices are exceeding that by a lot.

Mostly a symbolic move, but maybe it will give European leadership a push to do the same. Such a move would be a lot more financially painful there.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #557 on: March 08, 2022, 08:54:51 AM »
I guess $8.9 Billion profit per Qtr isn't enough ! ! !  :-[

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #558 on: March 08, 2022, 09:17:59 AM »
Hey, my daughter is from those marshes in Belarus.

No kidding. She is

I have two stories about Belarus. 

My wife is from Bialystok, Poland just under an hour from the Belarus border. 
The shopping mall parking lot is always loaded with license plates from Belarus and you can even catch some from Russia.  They come to Poland to load up on the things they can't get in their countries or things that are way less expensive. 

Grodno, Belarus is about 1.5 hours from Bialystok.  It's Hrodna in Polish and was actually part of Poland, well basically forever, until the Soviets eff'd that up after WWII.  They offer day bus trips from Bialystok and you just need a one day visitation visa which is easy to obtain with a Polish passport.  Grodno supposedly has a nice old town and it's an intriguing visit to another country.  My father-in-law set up a bus trip for himself, my wife and kids.  The bus gets to the border and my older daughter F'd up.  She took her US Passport and left her Polish Passport back at my in-laws.  My wife doesn't know why she didn't check to make sure everyone had their Polish passports before leaving.  They wouldn't let her in.  My younger daughter has PTSD now as she said the Belarus border guards where as scary as old Soviet ones.  They joked of ripping up by kids US Passport.  My wife almost lost it when my father-in-law decided it was 1985 and tried to grease some palms.  They had to get off the bus.  They ended up hitchhiking a ride to the nearest town and catch a public bus back to Bialystok.  (Apparently a lot of Poles who live near the border go to Belarus to fill up because the gas is cheap as it's subsidized by Russia.)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #559 on: March 08, 2022, 09:20:25 AM »

We need energy independence in the US. Nuclear, temporary natural gas increases, solar/wind where appropriate. And need to work on advanced energy production methods

I saw a meme this morning that read "The cost of wind power has risen this much since Russia invaded Ukraine."  Then it reads "$0.00".

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #560 on: March 08, 2022, 11:14:37 AM »

It depends on how one defines energy independence, overall the US is just not oil, haven't been in many decades. I read that with the oil sands boom we only need to import about 35% of our oil which is a big improvement but...

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #561 on: March 08, 2022, 11:17:02 AM »
It depends on how one defines energy independence, overall the US is just not oil, haven't been in many decades. I read that with the oil sands boom we only need to import about 35% of our oil which is a big improvement but...

I define it as the US creating all energy needs within our own borders. Importing nothing.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #562 on: March 08, 2022, 11:22:39 AM »
^ Not in our lifetimes but agree that would be a good goal.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #563 on: March 08, 2022, 01:29:06 PM »
It sounds like Poland is going to deploy MIG-29's.  They may be outdated but this could be very significant.   What I am a little confused about is Zalenskky apparently announced today Ukraine will not seek NATO membership. 

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #564 on: March 08, 2022, 01:57:12 PM »
What I am a little confused about is Zalenskky apparently announced today Ukraine will not seek NATO membership.

I haven't seen exactly what he said, but they wouldn't be getting in anytime in the near future anyway.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #565 on: March 08, 2022, 02:03:48 PM »
I haven't seen exactly what he said, but they wouldn't be getting in anytime in the near future anyway.

They never had a chance of being part of NATO.  I suppose this is way of feeling out Putin and whether this would make him back off.  To me though, since his been begging for a no-fly-zone, and is apparently getting MIG-29's from Poland, it would seem he's convinced there's no way to get through to Putin diplomatically.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #566 on: March 08, 2022, 02:38:19 PM »
They never had a chance of being part of NATO.  I suppose this is way of feeling out Putin and whether this would make him back off.  To me though, since his been begging for a no-fly-zone, and is apparently getting MIG-29's from Poland, it would seem he's convinced there's no way to get through to Putin diplomatically.

Yeah, one of the requirements for membership is no boarder disputes. Crimea alone prohibits membership.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #567 on: March 08, 2022, 03:43:43 PM »

What does this mean to you? Be specific

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #568 on: March 08, 2022, 05:41:11 PM »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #569 on: March 08, 2022, 07:26:11 PM »

That Putin was never provoked with the narrative or "threat" that Ukraine was moving towards becoming a NATO member.

As far as the no fly zone  or the report that the Poles will supply MIG-29's,  I understand the guy is delusional and has Nukes.  But the fact is Ukraine is defending themselves with Javelins and Stingers.  Does he not know where these missles are coming from?  Can he not threaten us and NATO with nuclear weapons regardless if Ukraine gets fighter jets?

Zelenskyy absolutely believes that with more air power and support his country will win this war.  That's why he is begging for more weapons and air support along with other obvious reasons.  I understand this is complex and risky.  This isn't black and white and we have really no idea what this madman is thinking right now.  But we do know what he did in Grozny and Alleppo.  My overall point is if he uses nuclear weapons it can be justified in his evil brain now even without more NATO or USA involvement. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 07:28:41 PM by MuggsyB »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #570 on: March 08, 2022, 07:29:27 PM »

Those were the worst for handjobs back in high school.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #571 on: March 08, 2022, 07:32:11 PM »
That Putin was never provoked with the narrative or "threat" that Ukraine was moving towards becoming a NATO member.

As far as the no fly zone  or the report that the Poles will supply MIG-29's,  I understand the guy is delusional and has Nukes.  But the fact is Ukraine is defending themselves with Javelins and Stingers.  Does he not know where these missles are coming from?  Can he not threaten us and NATO with nuclear weapons regardless if Ukraine gets fighter jets?

Zelenskyy absolutely believes that with more air power and support his country will win this war.  That's why he is begging for more weapons and air support along with other obvious reasons.  I understand this is complex and risky.  This isn't black and white and we have really no idea what this madman is thinking right now.  But we do know what he did in Grozny and Alleppo.  My overall point is if he uses nuclear weapons it can be justified in his evil brain now even without more NATO or USA involvement.

What does "no fly zone" mean to you? Define it.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #572 on: March 08, 2022, 07:42:49 PM »
What does "no fly zone" mean to you? Define it.

NATO forces defending Ukrainians skies from  continued Russian air assaults.    But in essence it's a proxy war right now  and if they get the MIGS  it will be even more direct involvement from NATO.  Whether they get there from Poland or a US airbase in Germany.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 07:44:38 PM by MuggsyB »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #573 on: March 08, 2022, 08:08:28 PM »
NATO forces defending Ukrainians skies from  continued Russian air assaults.    But in essence it's a proxy war right now  and if they get the MIGS  it will be even more direct involvement from NATO.  Whether they get there from Poland or a US airbase in Germany.

So you agree that it means non-Ukranian forces shooting down Russian planes?

That's world war 3. That's nuclear war.

Stop with these RIDICULOUS suggestions.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #574 on: March 08, 2022, 08:17:50 PM »
So you agree that it means non-Ukranian forces shooting down Russian planes?

That's world war 3. That's nuclear war.

Stop with these RIDICULOUS suggestions.

I'm not suggesting it per se, I'm saying having our missiles and perhaps MIG-29'S there mean we're already involved and it "could lead to WW3".  Do you really think he wants nuclear war?  Do you agree that if Putin attacks the Baltics NATO will defend their air space?