[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Jay Bee
[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kur Kuath commits to Marquette  (Read 24663 times)

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
Re: Kur Kuath commits to Marquette
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2021, 04:13:25 PM »
Winning is all that matters.

Yes sir. It's all about winning. Love how Shaka is putting together a team that can win now.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2021, 04:14:50 PM »
Yes sir. It's all about winning. Love how Shaka is putting together a team that can win now.

College athletics have never been about the student part of student athletes and I’m glad Marquette finally understands that.  Gives me hope when NIL legislation passes, Marquette will be prepared
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2021, 04:20:01 PM »
Finish the semester.

A kid can still finish the roster even if he puts his name in the portal, can't he? If so, I just don't see any benefit of waiting to put your name in the portal. Every day more roster spots are getting filled and there are fewer opportunities out there. Why would a kid wait? Is there a typically a second wave of names in the portal once the semester ends?

Also, can a kid talk with other schools about transferring (if MU approves) without entering the portal?
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2021, 04:20:53 PM »
Also, can a kid talk with other schools about transferring (if MU approves) without entering the portal?

You aren't supposed to, but my guess is that is happening.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2021, 04:21:29 PM »
The portal is for narcs.  If you're available, coaches will find you.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2021, 04:25:04 PM »
Would have rather had Theo John stay another year, I believe.  This guy is just another body.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2021, 04:29:48 PM »
Would have rather had Theo John stay another year, I believe.  This guy is just another body.

He's definitely more than just a body.

Lot of potential there for 1 year with Shaka. And fills a big time need.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2021, 04:30:13 PM »

Glad to see Theo leave, it was time.  Sure he improved every year and blocked many a shot, but he was very mechanical.  This gives them a center that can
move a tad better and has more then a back to basket game.  It is only for 1 year, gives Shaka a year to find another big.  I am of the feeling that Garcia does
not want to comeback, but once he finds out the NBA does not want him yet, he might be back.  I can not remember any team other than Kentucky or Duke bringing
in a whole new roster, wow.  As somebody close to the program said, they have 3 Big East players, the others all can leave.  That might happen.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2021, 04:35:32 PM »
I like Garcia but he seems to play more like a 6'5" player because of his inability to jump and his soft defense.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2021, 04:40:07 PM »

Hard disagree, not that it was ever going to happen anyways. Kuath will be a major part of this team this upcoming year because of his position and his outstanding defense.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2021, 04:42:38 PM »

Disagree. Kur brings more variety on the offensive end and a lot of energy on the defensive side. Plays a lot bigger in the position and is a lot more mobile. I am a pretty big fan of this signing.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 04:44:18 PM by JakeBarnes »
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2021, 04:44:46 PM »
Watched a 3 minute highlight vid of Kur. The guy is longggg. Also seems to have a spring in his step and faster than Theo.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2021, 04:54:45 PM »
Before everyone worries, currently Greg may or may not count on totals and Dawson may or may not return. It could very well be that we are fine at the current number.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2021, 04:58:18 PM »
The portal is for narcs. If you're available, coaches will find you.

LOL

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2021, 05:01:10 PM »
I am squeamish about oversigning, too, but I am willing to wait and see how this plays out.  I would hope that there has to be something going with some current guys on the roster that we don't know about. 

I hate the idea that anyone we've signed that has done all that is asked of them could not have their scholarship renewed because we recruited over them.

These are college kids, not professionals.  Once they sign, we owe them four years.  I realize most of you disagree.

It was my understanding that once a kid signs, the kid gets one year that is renewed each year. I could be wrong.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2021, 05:06:35 PM »
I am surprised that some here are surprised with the number of signings this spring. I always felt 2-3 returning guys would be the maximum and still feel that way. It was a perfect year for Shaka to take over and build his own identity. I hope there is at least one more addition to the roster.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 05:11:54 PM by Goose »

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2021, 05:11:55 PM »
Ok, that makes sense.  Wonder if they'd try to apply for a waiver on that rule?  With Covid still wreaking havoc on post-collegiate job prospects, I could see the NCAA making exceptions all over the place this year.  These guys have an unusually limited job market this year - Kuath originally said he was going pro, only to change his mind.  We've seen that a lot.

not a chance of that happening.

A kid can still finish the roster even if he puts his name in the portal, can't he? If so, I just don't see any benefit of waiting to put your name in the portal. Every day more roster spots are getting filled and there are fewer opportunities out there. Why would a kid wait? Is there a typically a second wave of names in the portal once the semester ends?

that depends on the school. Some say your scholarship will not be renewed if you go on the Portal, some are more forgiving. Coaches recruit under the idea that kids are not going to be return.

And, a kid must be on the Portal for another coach to engage in permissible contact with a player at another school. Otherwise, that's tampering. That said, HS and AAU coaches are talking to other coaches for their kids all of the time.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2021, 05:13:15 PM »
Anyone else concerned with the way Shaka is running the program? I like all this new talent he’s bringing in but the over recruiting makes me a little squeamish. Don’t know if I agree with the message it sends to future recruits.

In the past, yes, but we've entered free agency now. Coaches need to cover their asses considering the likelihood of players transferring.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2021, 05:14:57 PM »

Shaka has watched this young man up close and personal the last few years. I trust Shaka on this get.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2021, 05:54:10 PM »
Shaka has watched this young man up close and personal the last few years. I trust Shaka on this get.

agreed. Theo in a Havoc style defense? No thank you.

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2021, 06:02:24 PM »
With the rumor that someone is leaving at end of semester wouldn’t that likely be Greg?  That pic someone posted appeared to show he’s injured again and if that’s the case he gets treated by MU through the semester and then either retires or sees if he’s healthy enough to give it another go

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2021, 06:08:30 PM »
Including Kam Jones who is much less regarded then a lot of the other SG names Shaka had been associated with.

FWIW He's top-100 per 247's own rankings. Only Joplin is ranked higher.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2021, 06:13:42 PM »
Greg Elliott got hurt entering the Portal and will be sidelined 3-4 months

This made me laugh...in a kinda sad way.

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2021, 06:26:43 PM »

Theo John nearly has 2 times the turnover rate Kur does.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2021, 06:34:18 PM »
FWIW He's top-100 per 247's own rankings. Only Joplin is ranked higher.

Fair, I was going off their composite rankings, not their individual

feedback